European Fall Lockdowns - Sweepstake

barrythecyborg

Kingfisher
I agree with the above.

Having said that, I think if you were a foreigner in a country that goes into lockdown, as long as you had the cash, you could still fly back to your home country.

I say 'have the cash' because prices of flights go up by 2 - 2.5x.

Obviously this is dependant on the country. I heard of an (Aussie) Australian who was stuck in India and go caught up in their bureaucracy overload. State, local and federal government all contradicting each other on the ever changing rules. Still eventually got out but it was a hell of a time. But, if you were in say a European country, I think it would be 'OK'.

My bet is they'll ground flights soon from most places, like spring.

PixelFree

Kingfisher
My bet is they'll ground flights soon from most places, like spring.

An Aussie friend commented that why he's going to Europe. Flights will be grounded but he can still get around (and into other countries) via car and train.

In fact, in Ukraine, when Covid grounded all the planes the 'Blah Blah Car' app (think ride share but 5-10 hour trips) boomed.

In Norways two biggest cities, Oslo and Bergen, gyms have been ordered to close.
Restaurants are allowed to stay open as long as they don't serve alcoholic beverages.

Bird

Kingfisher
In Belgian Limburg, police will use thermal camera drones to monitor the population during Christmas and New Year's Eve.

drone-camera-thermique.jpg

Belgium - Reality once again catches up with fiction. The world described by Orwell in his anticipatory novel 1984 seems more and more to come true before our eyes.

In the province of Limburg, the police have planned to use drones equipped with thermal cameras to monitor the population and check that they respect the rules during the Christmas and New Year's celebrations.

These cameras are capable of detecting a human presence at night, including inside buildings. "The images we receive, whether thermal or normal, help the teams to check whether corona measures are respected, especially for prohibited fireworks. Our goal is certainly not to go into private gardens. We don't use drones for that," says Yves Bosmans, a police officer in Genk.

The police assure that they won't film inside homes. However, by using a drone, this is bound to happen. "In practice, of course, when we fly over a neighborhood, we will fly over houses, streets and parks. We will fly over streets, parks, a mix of public and private places," says Frank Schuermans, advisor to the Police Information Control Board.

If the use of cameras and drones is legal for police services, it is nevertheless regulated by a law, the interpretation of which will certainly lead to recourse for certain people who would be fined by this means.

French source

typtre

Robin
In Belgian Limburg, police will use thermal camera drones to monitor the population during Christmas and New Year's Eve.

French source
Holy crap.

Sweden today messaged the entire population by SMS: "Obey the new stricter recommendations to stop spreading covid-19". My town has started a pilot project to track criminal activity with drones. We might not be far behind.

Bitter End

Woodpecker
Ever since mother of refugees Merkel decided to shut Germany down, other countries have followed suit. Almost in a perfect synchronization. Most of the women I know have gone completely mad and my corporate job is getting less bearable by each day as a result. Today another 45 days of lockdown were announced in Bulgaria. Initially it was just 3 weeks. They promised the restaurants that it will be 3 weeks.

I will try to escape to the countryside.

It is not even that travel is restricted. You are visiting half empty cities with people getting more paranoid by the day. The big supermarket chains and telecommunication companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

aynrus

Pelican
I doubt they'd ground all flights....airlines are too big of a lobby.
It's like Belarus which just shut down the land borders in both directions because of fake-demic, as they said (for other reasons in reality), but all flights keep going as they don't want financial damage to the airline.

I'd not recomment booking flights in advance because of changing government entry regulations. Airlines are trying not to refund money even for cancelled flights since the start of the year and any issued refunds had been taking forever.

Last edited:
The Netherlands start enforcing the strictest measures as of yet, starting tomorrow for 5 weeks.
Yes, we are in full lockdown now too. We had the so called intelligent lockdown, which obviously is a marketing and PR term for shutting everything down besides some key areas such as shops as that would evoke anger and resistance. However I'm quite surprised that since recently they have implemented a fullscale lockdown, with essentially only supermarkets open. I did not expect for them to close the gyms to be honest, or go this far, as that had evoked resistance in the spring lockdown and they obviously without losing a second backed off that measure. I thought we were the luxury cell, with a tv, snacks, some friends to chill with, and looking at the other cell with 50 people using one toilet and being cramped up one another, representing the rest of the world. Now I realize we are not immune either to full lockdown measures, our liberal and free self image maybe saved us a couple of months compared to for example Colombia where they just roll out a full scale lockdown without any commentary, you get a cub in your neck if you don't do it. In the Netherlands they are a bit more tactful.
My heart goes with all the entrepreneurs who genuinely think that this will be over in 5 weeks. Flu season is actually just starting in January, so at least until April no restaurant will fully open.
It is quite an experience though, living in the center of Amsterdam and walking through a ghost town. Gonna be weird when all tourists return after the vaccine and life goes back to normal in summer right? Oh never mind

Grow Bag

Kingfisher

drone-camera-thermique.jpg

Belgium - Reality once again catches up with fiction. The world described by Orwell in his anticipatory novel 1984 seems more and more to come true before our eyes.

In the province of Limburg, the police have planned to use drones equipped with thermal cameras to monitor the population and check that they respect the rules during the Christmas and New Year's celebrations.

These cameras are capable of detecting a human presence at night, including inside buildings. "The images we receive, whether thermal or normal, help the teams to check whether corona measures are respected, especially for prohibited fireworks. Our goal is certainly not to go into private gardens. We don't use drones for that," says Yves Bosmans, a police officer in Genk.

The police assure that they won't film inside homes. However, by using a drone, this is bound to happen. "In practice, of course, when we fly over a neighborhood, we will fly over houses, streets and parks. We will fly over streets, parks, a mix of public and private places," says Frank Schuermans, advisor to the Police Information Control Board.

If the use of cameras and drones is legal for police services, it is nevertheless regulated by a law, the interpretation of which will certainly lead to recourse for certain people who would be fined by this means.

French source
Elmer_Fudd.jpeg

Jamal D

Robin
I believe what we are seeing unfolding in the UK is straight out a starvation strategy that in the end will lead to Marshall help from the EU, and a cancellation of Brexit. This is Merkel and her minions totalitarian hidden hand. I would not be surprised if a new IRA-type of resistance will grow from this if they are pushing too far. I have never seen escalation to this extent, and I am not sure if the globalists does this from a position of power or desperation.

I believe what we are seeing unfolding in the UK is straight out a starvation strategy that in the end will lead to Marshall help from the EU, and a cancellation of Brexit. This is Merkel and her minions totalitarian hidden hand. I would not be surprised if a new IRA-type of resistance will grow from this if they are pushing too far. I have never seen escalation to this extent, and I am not sure if the globalists does this from a position of power or desperation.
Opposition to the tyranny is definitely increasing all over Europe. More and more people are seeing through the illusion. What I hope is that actual scientists will attend these protests and speak at them, bypassing the fake news and fake scientist talking heads like Fauci to spread the truth about what a hoax it all is. The whole masquerade is only maintained by the true believers’ Covidiot faith that “the science is settled.”

Interesting take. Could you elaborate a bit on the details?

I personally think it's all mirrors and smokescreen. 2020 is the year of the globalist counterattack after they have been losing power everywhere. People are primed for conflict with the Iran-Russia-China axis. Trump got cheated. Brexit will be neutered

Noone in any position of power in the UK is pro-Brexit. It's a grassroots outsider movement, just like America First is. That's my understanding of things. They have been stalling for 4. 5 years now and are looking for a way out. My idea is that the theatricalities you see now are just that: distractions. They need to juggle a bit with the will of the pro-Brexit majority though.

Brexit will happen, but only in name. Some dogs will bark and the caravan will move on.

Opposition to the tyranny is definitely increasing all over Europe. More and more people are seeing through the illusion. What I hope is that actual scientists will attend these protests and speak at them, bypassing the fake news and fake scientist talking heads like Fauci to spread the truth about what a hoax it all is. The whole masquerade is only maintained by the true believers’ Covidiot faith that “the science is settled.”
What makes you think that opposition is definitely increasing? Besides some demonstrations here in the Netherlands that were obviously demonized by the controlled and elite owned media systems, I do not see opposition at all. In fact, I see increasing masked aliens on the streets, a clear increase in the last weeks since we locked down utterly and completely compared to what it was. Moreover, mask compliance in supermarkets is 99 to 100%. I do agree that there are more people getting uncomfortable with the length of the measures, but besides a well watched underground show called Jensen that is awake I just don't see that much genuine opposition, which obviously is hard too given that you can't organize and and the system not least the media is fully rigged against you.
The problem with scientists attending the protests is the reach and scope; a scientist at a meeting may reach a 1000 people, the daily newspaper and news shows reach a million each. I do however hope that the uncomfortableness will erupt in increasing opposition once it gets clear that the new normal is actually the new normal and that the vaccines won't give a go back to how things were. Actually, I hope these illusions are broken as soon as possible, so people can actually choose a side.

What makes you think that opposition is definitely increasing? Besides some demonstrations here in the Netherlands that were obviously demonized by the controlled and elite owned media systems, I do not see opposition at all. In fact, I see increasing masked aliens on the streets, a clear increase in the last weeks since we locked down utterly and completely compared to what it was. Moreover, mask compliance in supermarkets is 99 to 100%. I do agree that there are more people getting uncomfortable with the length of the measures, but besides a well watched underground show called Jensen that is awake I just don't see that much genuine opposition, which obviously is hard too given that you can't organize and and the system not least the media is fully rigged against you.
The problem with scientists attending the protests is the reach and scope; a scientist at a meeting may reach a 1000 people, the daily newspaper and news shows reach a million each. I do however hope that the uncomfortableness will erupt in increasing opposition once it gets clear that the new normal is actually the new normal and that the vaccines won't give a go back to how things were. Actually, I hope these illusions are broken as soon as possible, so people can actually choose a side.
The majority will only start growling when they get hit in their wallets

I am still hoping for 20 percent cuts on pensions, allowances and public servant paychecks

They'll probably just hide the loss of wealth through inflation. People are too dumb too understand. Likewise the average boomer still fails to comprehend that the price of housing vs. real income has increased by about 400 percent since 1980

Last edited:

John

Pigeon
The majority will only start growling when they get hit in their wallets
The question is, who will they growl at? The obedience loop is already in place. The majority believe that it's the "pandemic" that is responsible for their lack of freedom. It's "anti-maskers" fault that they can't see their family this christmas. It's your next door neighboor who went outside past curfew last week who caused all of this. Recently I've seen a lot of people getting angrier and angrier, some of them hysterically angry, but not at the government/media. They are angry at people they see not wearing masks, people going outside, people "not following the rules".

The loop works like this now:
-if you want to stay safe, you need to obey everything we tell you
-even if you are perfectly obedient, we will manipulate the numbers to create fear
-the situation is still getting worse because you didn’t obey enough
-if you follow “science” more closely, all these problems would go away
-even if you follow and support every new mandate, the situation will still get worse
-the reason it’s getting worse is because your neighbors didn’t obey enough. You need to attack them and make them obey, for your safety

Last edited:

ginsu

Woodpecker
The question is, who will they growl at? The obedience loop is already in place. The majority believe that it's the "pandemic" that is responsible for their lack of freedom. It's "anti-maskers" fault that they can't see their family this christmas. It's your next door neighboor who went outside past curfew last week who caused all of this. Recently I've seen a lot of people getting angrier and angrier, some of them hysterically angry, but not at the government/media. They are angry at people they see not wearing masks, people going outside, people "not following the rules".

The loop works like this now:
-if you want to stay safe, you need to obey everything we tell you
-even if you are perfectly obedient, we will manipulate the numbers to create fear
-the situation is still getting worse because you didn’t obey enough
-if you follow “science” more closely, all these problems would go away
-even if you follow and support every new mandate, the situation will still get worse
-the reason it’s getting worse is because your neighbors didn’t obey enough. You need to attack them and make them obey, for your safety

What we need is a protest movement to start appearing inside the ranks of the police, medical professions and media
I'm not necessarily fed up so much with the average citizen, I blame the police mostly, these are the scumbags enforcing the rules. The average person just goes along not to get a fine or worse, its the only reason for most to wear it. They just want to live their life and stay out of trouble

Maybe this is naïve but I hope they will realize that the world they are creating by playing along and enforcing the dumb rules is also going to put themselves & their family in chains.

How many people do you have to throw to the ground for not wearing a piece of cloth before you can't live with yourself anymore
a year ?, two years ?. Even if the answer is never, they should start to feel that the work they are doing will hurt their quality of life more than the paycheck they are getting.

They also can't take those yearly holidays anymore or eat out and enjoy life like an average consumer, which is why they want to get that money in the first place. So I trust in the selfish aspect of the order takers

Last edited: