European Paganism and their Modern Day LARPer's

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
Paganism and the occult have been on the rebound in Europe:

And I noted that as one of the sources in the Radix Journal on Karens:

References this Author:

An attempt to draw Men away from Christianity towards the Worship of their own race and towards Atheistic worldviews that merely use religious symbolism and symbolism in general to talk about psychology and purely material concerns. Effectively what Jordan B Peterson has done. And denying the truly Supernatural and Spiritual Reality as a whole.

Now there are also voices like Varg Vikernes. But each of them present an effectively Atheistic worldview by making Religion into just Symbols for Racial Struggle or what is going on in a Psychological level. Or just covert communication.

And the Christian God into the Jewish Race as a whole. Thereby making the Living God not a true being in His own Right. But as the Jewish Race collective. By equating our Worship of Jesus Christ as worshipping Jews draw away many Men who are not well versed in the truth.

This is a clear Spiritual danger to many Men. Who are seekers of truth and who have been victims of the current Culture War and Clown World.

I've been interested in norse paganism myself, though never as an actual belief system. I see no problem in understanding your pagan past and the origins of myth and tradition.

I've changed my opinion on people like Varg though. I think his lifestyle is in many ways admirable, but he is also a very selfish person and at the heart of it, I sense he really doesn't care and wants to see the world burn, if only to prove him right.

Another phenomenon I've noticed on social media is the rise of women who are into paganism of the ethno variant, not the Wicca stuff. On the surface this might seem good, but I've seen so many of them post content about how paganism means they don't have to deal with betas and losers and how "real pagan men like real strong women". One legit posted a meme of "unrealistic beta demands" of women. It's en excuse for slutty behavior and alpha chasing. Biker gangs have disappeared, but the women who worship violent masculinity have not.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I know someone who points to heritage and paganism as the true way. But at the same time holds no real pagan beliefs. It's just an excuse Euro heritage people use to not submit yourself to God's law, but be anti Jew at the same time. Very few actually believe it. Its just a "well Odin is just as Valid as Christ so...."

Last edited:

Drakken

Sparrow
It is perhaps misleading even to say that there was such a religion as paganism at the beginning of [the Common Era] ... It might be less confusing to say that the pagans, before their competition with Christianity, had no religion at all in the sense in which that word is normally used today. They had no tradition of discourse about ritual or religious matters (apart from philosophical debate or antiquarian treatise), no organized system of beliefs to which they were asked to commit themselves, no authority-structure peculiar to the religious area, above all no commitment to a particular group of people or set of ideas other than their family and political context. If this is the right view of pagan life, it follows that we should look on paganism quite simply as a religion invented in the course of the second to third centuries AD, in competition and interaction with Christians, Jews and others. -  John North 1992

godfather dust

Ostrich
Gold Member
Any religion other than Christianity is evil and a path to hell.

European paganism is strange to me because very little of the religions have survived. (Hinduism which is largely pagan has however.)

We have access to some of the myths but I don't know that the elements of the practice (rituals, sacraments, worship etc) are accessible and I don't know that there is any spiritual depth (positive or negative) among modern practitioners of European paganism.

Radoste

Pigeon
When I was in a state of utter spiritual desperation after trying on a bunch of ideologies and thought systems, I earnestly tried to brainwash myself into assmilating pagan ethics and gods into my mind. I read Norse mythology, watched this guy's YouTube channel, browsed Odinist websites, and tried directing my thoughts towards pagan gods. But I stopped after while because I couldn't get over how dumb and LARP-y it felt. I only considered it an option because so many people seemed to consider it viable. But for me it was no solution. Indeed, all the primary criticisms of paganism made perfect sense to me once I got over my aversion to "christcuckery". The fatalistic impotence of "waiting for Ragnarok" and the relative smallness and apparently very limited power of the pagan gods didn't do anything to combat the ever-present specter of nihilism in the back of my brain that I had to actively beat back each day. Neo-pagans have made simply made an idol of old Scandinavian culture, and it hasn't the power to save weary souls.

Once I tuned out the ubiquitous anti-Christian sentiments, I found that the framework provided by Christianity fit me like glove and since then I've felt at home in the universe. Existence isn't absurd anymore and that's thanks to Christianity, not paganism.

bucky

Pelican
Any religion other than Christianity is evil and a path to hell.

European paganism is strange to me because very little of the religions have survived. (Hinduism which is largely pagan has however.)

We have access to some of the myths but I don't know that the elements of the practice (rituals, sacraments, worship etc) are accessible and I don't know that there is any spiritual depth (positive or negative) among modern practitioners of European paganism.
Not much survived about the Germanic and Slavic forms of European paganism. On the other hand, a lot is known about the ancient Roman religion. The "Religion in ancient Rome" article on wikipedia is pretty interesting. Covers things like their various priestly orders in detail. One interesting thing I learned reading through it and some linked articles is that we know the name of the last Vestal virgin and that she converted to Christianity and became a nun.

Last edited:
I question if norse paganism was ever widespread in society. Rites and "worship" in a formalised manner was the domain of witches and was generally considered unclean and unmanly. The actual rites and the actual practice was not considered honorable.

Not only that, but paganism even has a lot of stories, to prevent people from worshipping the gods.

In another story from norse myth, a young man, Ottar has a farm, but another man claim to be the rightful owner of the land. Because Ottar is an orphan, he doesn't know his lineage, so he can't argue against it. He then prays to Freya to help him and Freya answers ... by turning Ottar into a pig! She then rides Ottar to the norns (women who control fate), who tell Ottar of his lineage and how he is of noble birth. Knowing his lineage, Ottar can then claim the land as his.

This is a very interesting story, because it shows the importance that the norse placed on lineage and land (blut und boden). Ottar has no lineage, thus he must ask Freya for help, but it comes as a price, he is turned into a pig to be ridden by her, humiliated. If he had merely known his lineage, he wouldn't have needed to.

Ar
When I was in a state of utter spiritual desperation after trying on a bunch of ideologies and thought systems, I earnestly tried to brainwash myself into assmilating pagan ethics and gods into my mind. I read Norse mythology, watched this guy's YouTube channel, browsed Odinist websites, and tried directing my thoughts towards pagan gods. But I stopped after while because I couldn't get over how dumb and LARP-y it felt. I only considered it an option because so many people seemed to consider it viable. But for me it was no solution. Indeed, all the primary criticisms of paganism made perfect sense to me once I got over my aversion to "christcuckery". The fatalistic impotence of "waiting for Ragnarok" and the relative smallness and apparently very limited power of the pagan gods didn't do anything to combat the ever-present specter of nihilism in the back of my brain that I had to actively beat back each day. Neo-pagans have made simply made an idol of old Scandinavian culture, and it hasn't the power to save weary souls.

Once I tuned out the ubiquitous anti-Christian sentiments, I found that the framework provided by Christianity fit me like glove and since then I've felt at home in the universe. Existence isn't absurd anymore and that's thanks to Christianity, not paganism.
What I could never understand is how pagans try to worship a false nostalgic past that never existed. In placing this supposed idealistic past on an altar, they are instead worshiping the dead, and the impossible. No one can faithfully return to a prechristian European pagan religion without running into a series of contradictions.

>If widespread belief in European paganism can preserve Europe's racial integrity, why then have established pagan groups denounced racial profiling in who they permit to join their faith. As Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson, chief of the Ásatrú Association in Iceland said;

"The racist interpretation of heathenry is a total perversion of the original mythology, which is a wonderful blueprint for multiculturalism and diversity: The gods are of mixed races. We even have a cross dressing god."

>If this indicative of a small portion of pagans, and/or true paganism is racially conscious and not degenerate, why then is this an invalid excuse for Christendom as a whole?

>If our knowledge of pagan rituals is limited, and what we do know was mainly recorded by Christian monks, how could we not study the history of paganism and its proper rituals without learning of it from a supposed biased source?

>If a return to paganism is the solution for the degeneracy upon Europe and the western world, why was Europe fine for centuries before the modern era when Christianity was the dominant faith of European societies? Why is it only recently when the faith has started to drop in those that follow it, that we see this general rise in acceptance of sin?

>If Christianity is some sense partial to Judaism, then how do we explain the centuries of anti Jewish sentiment within the christian world before the modern era?

This isn't to say that there is no use in studying the pagan religions of prechristian Europe, but that using them as a replacement for Europe's traditional faith as a cure to the uptick in sin as of late, is foolish at best.

Radoste

Pigeon
This isn't to say that there is no use in studying the pagan religions of prechristian Europe, but that using them as a replacement for Europe's traditional faith as a cure to the uptick in sin as of late, is foolish at best.
Norse mythology and Asatru is interesting as a topic of study, of course. The issue is that the modern era is so spiritually impoverished that taking distorted fragmentary descriptions of Northern European paganism and trying to build a life around it actually seems like a good idea. And a lot of such people acknowledge that they're largely making it up as they go.

Rather than a product of divine inspiration, the pagan revival seems another outgrowth of scientistic materialism. The decision to follow Asatru is often based on the perception that its origin in the Northern European racial stock means that it is the "authentic" European faith and logical to follow it and not Christianity since it is perceived to be racially alien. This makes sense in the framework of a biological determinist or tribalistic world view and the main reason for the racially-aware to want to pursue heathenism. It's also the reason I gravitated towards it in the past, and the reason I've seen others make this decision upon. There are other reasons for wanting to be a neo-pagan, but they aren't nearly as good, reasons like simple contrarianism or liking heathen aesthetics or liking the mythology and wanting to make your life into a 24/7 LARP-fest.

Still, people see the rainbow-flag churches or spineless pastors and they are rightfully repulsed. People always pay more attention to the undesirables. Though, the hypocrisy of pointing to the degenerates calling themselves Christians as a refutation of Christianity and then saying "no, no, the universalist organizations aren't REAL Asatruars" is usually unrecognized.

In addition, I find it odd that people who are supposedly so reverent of their ancestors can reject something that has so greatly shaped their ancestors' perceptions, inspired high culture, enabled greater public morality and stability, and gave comfort in life and death. Instead, it is an unfortunate artifact. Yes, the accomplishments of European civilization were actually accomplished despite Christianity. All Europeans were bluepilled normies who just didn't understand that the religion in which jews literally use perjured testimony to have the personification of God executed is actually just a jewish mind virus to destroy White people. How did they not see it?

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
"In paganism, everything was God, except God himself." Bossuet

In regards to Ragnarok the Author I linked to thinks that Norse Mythology is Jewish subversion:

As if there were already Crypto-Jews shaping the myths and legends of the Scandinavians.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
Norse mythology and Asatru is interesting as a topic of study, of course. The issue is that the modern era is so spiritually impoverished that taking distorted fragmentary descriptions of Northern European paganism and trying to build a life around it actually seems like a good idea. And a lot of such people acknowledge that they're largely making it up as they go.

Rather than a product of divine inspiration, the pagan revival seems another outgrowth of scientistic materialism. The decision to follow Asatru is often based on the perception that its origin in the Northern European racial stock means that it is the "authentic" European faith and logical to follow it and not Christianity since it is perceived to be racially alien. This makes sense in the framework of a biological determinist or tribalistic world view and the main reason for the racially-aware to want to pursue heathenism. It's also the reason I gravitated towards it in the past, and the reason I've seen others make this decision upon. There are other reasons for wanting to be a neo-pagan, but they aren't nearly as good, reasons like simple contrarianism or liking heathen aesthetics or liking the mythology and wanting to make your life into a 24/7 LARP-fest.

Still, people see the rainbow-flag churches or spineless pastors and they are rightfully repulsed. People always pay more attention to the undesirables. Though, the hypocrisy of pointing to the degenerates calling themselves Christians as a refutation of Christianity and then saying "no, no, the universalist organizations aren't REAL Asatruars" is usually unrecognized.

In addition, I find it odd that people who are supposedly so reverent of their ancestors can reject something that has so greatly shaped their ancestors' perceptions, inspired high culture, enabled greater public morality and stability, and gave comfort in life and death. Instead, it is an unfortunate artifact. Yes, the accomplishments of European civilization were actually accomplished despite Christianity. All Europeans were bluepilled normies who just didn't understand that the religion in which jews literally use perjured testimony to have the personification of God executed is actually just a jewish mind virus to destroy White people. How did they not see it?
They see it as merely false opposites actually working together for the same goal. And that Christianity merely serves as controlled opposition.

As Vladimir Lenin said: " The best way the control the opposition is to lead it ourselves".

Hence they see Christianity the same way the Fed's lead the KKK. This is how the thinking goes after I read a lot of the articles on the website I linked to in the OP

Last edited:
As the Psalmist wrote, "The gods of the heathen are demons." There is no doubt about what team the pagans are playing for. Having said that, I'd rather be surrounded by pagans than by people who are religious about atheism. At least the pagans have cool mythology, and the honesty to admit who they're worshipping.

I have a couple heathen friends; I sprinkle them with holy water when they come in my house just in case. Both of them put up with it.

bucky

Pelican
As the Psalmist wrote, "The gods of the heathen are demons." There is no doubt about what team the pagans are playing for. Having said that, I'd rather be surrounded by pagans than by people who are religious about atheism. At least the pagans have cool mythology, and the honesty to admit who they're worshipping.

I have a couple heathen friends; I sprinkle them with holy water when they come in my house just in case. Both of them put up with it.
Bit of a tangent, but the best explanation I've heard for God's order of genocide in the book of Joshua is that the Canaanites were worshiping gods like Molech and Chemosh who required human sacrifice, which often involved burning children alive. God finally lost his patience with them and sent the Children of Israel to utterly destroy them. Unfortunately, they disobeyed and let some of the Canaanite women (presumably the hotter ones) live and married them and so their death cults survived and eventually corrupted Israel.

Bit of a tangent, but the best explanation I've heard for God's order of genocide in the book of Joshua is that the Canaanites were worshiping gods like Molech and Chemosh who required human sacrifice, which often involved burning children alive. God finally lost his patience with them and sent the Children of Israel to utterly destroy them. Unfortunately, they disobeyed and let some of the Canaanite women (presumably the hotter ones) live and married them and so their death cults survived and eventually corrupted Israel.
It's amazing how often the Old Testament warns about choosing women over God. Samson, Solomon, occasionally the whole of Israel. Don't put women on a pedestal - a game lesson that we all would have learned at a lower cost if we'd just read the Bible.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
It's amazing how often the Old Testament warns about choosing women over God. Samson, Solomon, occasionally the whole of Israel. Don't put women on a pedestal - a game lesson that we all would have learned at a lower cost if we'd just read the Bible.
A thoroughly corrupt culture probably requires the scale of destruction that God ordered as in the case of Canaan.

Note also that God only allows female captives in cases where the culture isn't so corrupt like the Arameans:

Or that the Israelites weren't suffering from food shortages:

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Has anyone dealt with the Nietzsche argument that Christianity was a Jewish slavery placed onto European culture (Romans) which ultimately created a weak mentality and led to its' downfall and now our enslavement to them? I've tried to counter this with E Michael Jones arguments - that Talmudic Judaism is a religion more so than a race. Also I have re iterated that inheriting this type of mentality would make us just like them, and this is why Christians should seek a better path.

The crux of the problem as I see it, is that people want to "choose a God", a God that suits them, and their beliefs. Rather we must accept God for who he is. God isn't here to save the european race or heritage as difficult as that is for some to understand. God made the nations and they will be here until the end of time. We don't encourage race mixing, we know that it is being pushed in the culture by those who wish to subvert us, but a marriage between Christians of different ethnicity is fine, although with some added friction.

I can't make Christianity a white religion for this person, but it is intrinsically more respectful of ethnicity, history, family lineage than what we see today. I think what pagans in many cases ultimately want is to just make white their religion.

Years ago, out of curiosity, I attended a pagan pride festival. They had tons of vendors, and lots of panels about their various groups and belief systems. I was surprised when at the druid booth, they readily admitted that modern druids largely have to make things up, because the ancient ways have been lost in the mists of time. And so they had to "take their best guess" as they tried to reconstitute druidism. My understanding is that the druids, even when practicing human sacrifice for a win against Rome's might, were no help against the invading legions...

I recall a story from history, where as Celtic and Roman fighters were facing each other, and waiting for the order to attack, several pagan priestesses came forward. They were attractive young women, and topless, with full breasts. To the shock and horror of the Roman troops, the women went into a frenzied state, and with their own hands, ripped off their breasts! Roman commanders had to calm their men, who were so dismayed at the sight, that they began to wonder if they could actually win a battle against such crazed people. Rome of course, did go on to win.