Explanation of nightly fireworks

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
I have friends all over the country reporting fireworks going off every night. I first noticed it when the race riots really kicked off, and there was burning and looting, and thought it was guns being fired into the air. But it has continued on night after night and they are clearly (mostly) fireworks.

NYC received 1737 complaints complaints of illegal fireworks shooting vs 21 last year (Oi! you have a loicense for that sparkler, mate?) and the NYT has written about it

For some people, the fireworks serve as a release after months of boredom and seclusion in cramped apartments. For others, they are a celebration of hard-fought strides made during the demonstrations, and a show of defiance toward the police.

“These are not your normal kids playing with fireworks,” said Michael Ford, a piano teacher in Manhattan’s Inwood neighborhood. “These are real explosives, like Macy’s-style fireworks.”

Mr. Ford said that those who were firing off the explosives made it impossible for him to walk his dogs at night.
There are various theories, from blacks stuck at home with curfew laws, to people acting out by purposefully breaking noise ordinances, to fireworks companies selling their products directly, since they are shut down and are stuck with huge orders, to a police psy-op reminding people why they need police.

My belief is that it's probably a mixture of boredom, cheap prices on fireworks that would otherwise go unsold with the lockdown, and a way to act out without breaking any really serious laws, but by causing some mischief or keeping people up through the night.

Is this going on in your town? Have you heard any reasonable explanation of it?

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Local drug dealers use bear bangers here (like an airbomb) to communicate with other dealers, buyers, etc.

Lately, it has been far worse. Crime is up in all cases, and hobos are just using them as self defense or assault weapons. Similar to how bear spray is used, just more annoying.

godzilla

Pelican
Cities are lawless right now. Cops are just watching what's going on right now. Unless it's a violent crime, nothing is happening right now.

I'm in a major city not named New York and fireworks have gone off every night for the past 3 months but they've been getting more frequent. I was standing on a high point and I could see them going off near Public Housing Projects. Keep in mind this housing project is bad enough where cops just sit outside it all day.

Like 2 days ago fire trucks and police came by one project because something was on fire. And tonight I saw them light them up in the same place anyway.

Honestly, they've been stopping around 11 so im not too upset about it

DanielH

Woodpecker
I was just outside, after 11pm local, walking around my neighborhood because I thought my dog got out and I heard several loud bangs, probably (hopefully) fireworks, going off in the distance. Really creepy. This doesn't happen where I live.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
It seems off, especially under the broader circumstances. Some quick investigation from Right wing media into the source of these fireworks should be carried out ASAP.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that folks have suddenly started taking a huge interest in fireworks "just 'cause".

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I guess I'm confused. This has always been normal no matter where I've lived, all my life. People lighting off fireworks in their neighborhood in the lead-up to Fourth of July and police not being able to enforce it due to the sheer number of people doing it. Maybe it's a tad more frequent this year due to quarantine. I noticed no one here mentioned that the Fourth of July is in a few days, you guys do remember that right? :laughter:

DanielH

Woodpecker
I guess I'm confused. This has always been normal no matter where I've lived, all my life. People lighting off fireworks in their neighborhood in the lead-up to Fourth of July and police not being able to enforce it due to the sheer number of people doing it. Maybe it's a tad more frequent this year due to quarantine. I noticed no one here mentioned that the Fourth of July is in a few days, you guys do remember that right? :laughter:
This has been going on for weeks in my suburb. My brother who lives across town asked me about it. And fireworks at 11PM have never been normal.

Timothy Crow

Sparrow
I read an article somewhere that stated the fireworks thing is to desensitize people to the sound, so that when the killing starts for real it will be ignored. Really, things are getting worse daily, I notice it when I go out, people are different, people of color, as they call themselves or somebody does anyway, look at me different, like they know something that I don't. Fools, I know what is going on, I can smell it on the wind just like the rain.

As far as not knowing the difference between fireworks and gunfire, whatever, as a man who was raised with guns it is automatic, I know the difference.

Heads up my friends, do not blow this off, be prepared.

bucky

Pelican
This obviously has something to do with the current unrest, but that said fireworks at all hours of the night is a normal thing in some parts of the world. In my wife's country in Central America it's common for someone to shoot off bottle rockets and M80s under your window at 3am or 4am. Sometimes they time them just right so that the next barrage starts right when you're likely to be falling back to sleep. They sometimes keep it up for up to an hour.

As Roosh noted above though, you should normally be able to tell the difference between fireworks and gun shots. I heard a rapid series of pop pop pops across the street in the park one night and thought it was gunfire rather than fireworks, and sure enough the next day it turned out that someone had been murdered in the park.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
My black friend in Atlanta tells me it is the police setting them off. The police are pissed off at people rioting and want to wear them down, so they are setting off fireworks to keep the rioters from sleeping and in some way hopefully combatting more rioting. According to him, they are also driving through black neighborhoods at night and running their sirens for the same reason. I could believe that. But I find it odd that it's going on nationwide, if it's not coordinated.

I hear them every night, multiple times each night. Been going on for weeks. If it continues past the 4th, something is up for sure.

What are the odds of a mass sleeper-cell activation around the fourth of July by the creep state to kill as many whiteys as possible by indoctrinated or MK Ultra mind-sodomized people of culler and soyboys? Its possible, the colleges have been churning out newer models of disgusting humans each subsequent version more radical than the previous. I see people in parking lots looking at me with murderous eyes, they usually are wearing socks and sandals, have something over their face and/or are wearing hoodies. Something is definitely up.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
Guys - this is not coordinated - my acquaintance from the Chicago East Side has been having fireworks for over every night now. He sees them sometimes from his window. They are mostly black teenagers who looted all the fireworks from Target, Walmart and specialty stores. They are firing them at night, because you don´t see them during the day. Plus there is nothing else to do, clubs are closed, cops don´t prosecute fireworks for now - and they have tons of supplies they looted recently. This will stop as soon as their supplies run dry - black folk on the East Side can´t sleep properly either because of them. But this is not the worst problem.

A night of the long knives won´t be coming - that would be even counterproductive to the elite. Most victims of violence are black anyway even if there is even greater animosity now. You wait until Kamala Harris is acting president - then things will turn up a notch again.

An0dyne

Robin
This is fairly normal for the lead-up to the Fourth here. Also given the fact that so many municipalities have canceled fireworks shows, more people are doing them individually--I've been so inclined myself.