Facebook is becoming scary!

TheOllam said:
Complete removal from FB? Head in sand much?

It's like saying, "I don't want to drive because people get in car accidents"

Social Media is not going away, what's happening is society is catching up with technology.

I have three rules when it comes to deciding whether or not I use or participate in something:

Does it get me laid?

Does it get me paid?

Do I enjoy it?

If the answer is not "yes" to at least ONE of the following, I don't waste my time with it.

Facebook fails to offer any of the above. It's a complete waste of time, pure and simple.

scorpion said:
Facebook is literally, and I mean literally, a surveillance tool, and a highly sophisticated one at that. Anyone using it at this point is either ignorant of these facts, or willfully allowing themselves to be spied on in the most egregious manner.

OP....

[attachment=30653]

Attachments

• welcometotheparty.jpg
    welcometotheparty.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 377

markus85

Sparrow
Red_Pillage said:
I hate to sound like a broken record but get the FUCK off Facebook already!

Seriously, if you consider yourself a masculine man then you have no business being on that site. What are the upsides? No privacy, feminist snark, digital lynch mobs, pictures of what some fat cunt ate for dinner, constant recycled memes that were on 4chan like 5 years ago, fat acceptance, gay normalization bullshit, white knighting to the extreme, and of course dealing with every idiot with a chip on their shoulder being given a soapbox from which to spew their bile.

FUCK Facebook and FUCK Zuckerberg.

Word. It's by far the most femine/beta of all the social medias.

Sean

Sparrow
Same issues here before I deleted the Crackbook account. It trolls your computer, phone and texts. I had contact with a chick only via PoF emails and never through my phone. She magically showed up on the "people you know" section. Found a few chicks on there that I had only PoFed or only texted. My phone was a crazy old LG Blackberry knockoff without FB.

Tl;dr: FB trolls everything you use to connect to it.

TheOllam

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Thanks all. Had a second redpill moment this morning reading the insightful comments. Have not used FB app ever, so have not experienced quite the same issues, but still......

I'm changing the way I look at social media......

Thoroughbred

Woodpecker
Gold Member
scorpion said:
Facebook accesses your phone's GPS and recommends people as friends who it also tracked as being in the same location with you. Facebook also accesses your phone's microphone to monitor your speech for phrases it can then use to display targeted advertisements based those keywords.

Facebook is literally, and I mean literally, a surveillance tool, and a highly sophisticated one at that. Anyone using it at this point is either ignorant of these facts, or willfully allowing themselves to be spied on in the most egregious manner.

This is huge.

Several times now I have had people come up on my recommended lists I have only been at a location with. Exchanged no electronic information with, not numbers, emails, adds, nothing.

A couple of weeks ago I was hanging with some friends and a chick was talking about someone she met, she brought up his FB profile to illustrate a point about his appearance. A day later that bloke showed up in my list. She is a friend on FB but that bloke is a ghost to me. Something tagged that interaction with our location and reacted accordingly. Shit ain't right.

DaveR

Pelican
Gold Member
pitt said:
Facebook doesn't have my phone number or gmail account.

Sorry, but they do have your phone number and email address. Even if you didn't have a Facebook account and hadn't ever used the site, they would still have it...

How? Plenty of your friends and colleagues have the Facebook app installed on their phones. Every time they log in, it uploads their contacts. Facebook only needs a handful of people with your name and number in their phones to create a profile of you. They'll know the nickname your family calls you, the name you use at work, the 'cute' name your exes use, etc.
If you do have a Facebook account, chances are a few of your acquaintances have you on their friends list. That makes it very easy to link your number to your account, even if you didn't provide it.

Avoiding the site, deleting your profile, etc. is basically useless. They have a shadow profile of you based on your name and phone number. As soon as you sign up and add a few friends, the shadow profile will come back haunt you.

Things you can do to counter it:
- change your number regularly, use burner numbers, and use multiple numbers as 'silos' (a number for work contacts, a number for friends, a burner number for bangs. don't mix them)
- use fake names as often as possible (use more than one, otherwise your fake identity will eventually correlate with your real one)
- stop giving people your number - find another way to communicate. Try using Telegram, but make sure you set up a random nickname unrelated to your identity
- create a Facebook profile with your real first name and a fake last name (use something common like "Jones"), add your real number, post photos of someone else, and add a lot of random contacts. I.e. fill it full of false information to make it useless. Add a few of your real friends to confuse the system.

DaveR

Pelican
Gold Member
Patriarch said:
Yeah a while ago Facebook was recommending several girls I had dated or fucked, but I'd only ever communicated with them through Viber. I wish you could turn that "feature" off. If I didn't use Facebook to advertise for Trump, I'd just delete my account.

The best you can do is to set your privacy to maximum and your profile picture to that of someone else. Try to change your last name if it will let you.

In future, best to use a burner number for girls...

Walker

Robin
scorpion said:
Facebook accesses your phone's GPS and recommends people as friends who it also tracked as being in the same location with you. Facebook also accesses your phone's microphone to monitor your speech for phrases it can then use to display targeted advertisements based those keywords.

I use it daily on my desktop, but I've never once opened it on my smartphone.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
Facebook an Instagram keep showing me ads for restaurants I order food from on Rappi (its like South American Uber Eats)

I know Zuck is balls deep in everything on my phone... but it seems strange he is watching what I eat off Rappi

tenor.gif

Facebook was likely made for the purpose of spying on us from the beginning.

In the early 2000s there was a research project funded by DARPA called lifelog. Its explicit purpose was to collect as much information about citizens as possible. It was publicly "shut down" in January 2004.

January 2004 was also the exact month Mark Zuckerberg supposedly coded the version of Facebook that was successfully launched. He had a previous attempt before this that he scrapped.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
Facebook was likely made for the purpose of spying on us from the beginning.

In the early 2000s there was a research project funded by DARPA called lifelog. Its explicit purpose was to collect as much information about citizens as possible. It was publicly "shut down" in January 2004.

January 2004 was also the exact month Mark Zuckerberg supposedly coded the version of Facebook that was successfully launched. He had a previous attempt before this that he scrapped.

The day the project shutdown, was the same day Facebook incorporated....

LinkedIn scrapes your gmail contacts as well. Relatives I never even had email contact with got "do you know this person?" emails and showed up as recent visitors. Creepy stuff...

The powers that be want to ruin everything for men so we kill ourselves in corona quarantine or decide to move elsewhere as minorities to play our part in diluting other cultures...

MRAll134

Kingfisher
Facebook an Instagram keep showing me ads for restaurants I order food from on Rappi (its like South American Uber Eats)

I know Zuck is balls deep in everything on my phone... but it seems strange he is watching what I eat off Rappi

Facebook is very much like Google, in that it tries to track you across the internet. If you use the Brave Browser or any ad-blocking on Mozilla, you can see how FB is trying to follow you from site to site, with a tagging id. It is basically Spybook.