Fake Alien Invasion – Coming Up Next

Gazza

Sparrow
I can confirm this worked for me as well and is what brought me to christianity. I had sleep paralysis almost every night way back in my teens and saw all sorts of demonic entities. It was not until I prayed to Jesus for help, after being tormented with it for so long and having tried everything else.
Praise God almighty!!!! So, so glad for you.

ginsu

Woodpecker
I can confirm this worked for me as well and is what brought me to christianity. I had sleep paralysis almost every night way back in my teens and saw all sorts of demonic entities. It was not until I prayed to Jesus for help, after being tormented with it for so long and having tried everything else.
Bit off topic but i had an intense moment last night during sleep also. Been having some restless nights the whole week not nightmares just action packed dreams that are very stressfull. Normal real world settings like cities or historical times.

Now right off the bat my first dream was a pitch black blanket of fog covering the ground about 1m high, the rest of the environment was dark too. a big arm and hand reached out to me through the thick fog and all my insticts where screaming to resist, it felt like the hand was reaching into me and trying to take me or something from me and pull it down under. In the first second i called on god to help me, i was desperate i felt this was pure evil and i begged god to save me.

The dream was very short it was over in a few seconds and unlike a normal nightmare where your bodies has the aftershock of adrenaline from death in the nightmare or falling from really high my body was normal but i still felt really off and immediately sought out my girlfriend for her support too, i needed to hold on to her hand, i was looking for anything that could help me and protect me. I Repeated that she was my light and nothing could get me. I also called on god again for support.

This was the first time in my life where i prayed for help because of a nightmare ( if it was that ). After this i fell asleep again and went back to a normal dream in a realworld setting with action and adventure and stress like is ussual.

The weird thing about it is that it was so short, a nightmare ussually causes a great deal of stress and builds up towards a conclusion where you wake up from some schock. This was right into it and my resistance so instinctual and all out as if my life depended on it from the first moment the hand came for me. The fact that i called on god in a split second in a dream and then continued it after I awoke is also completely new.

I have to admit this thing left me not daring to go to sleep for half the night the next day. Never had a nightmare that did that either

Bit off topic but i had an intense moment last night during sleep also. Been having some restless nights the whole week not nightmares just action packed dreams that are very stressfull. Normal real world settings like cities or historical times.

Now right off the bat my first dream was a pitch black blanket of fog covering the ground about 1m high, the rest of the environment was dark too. a big arm and hand reached out to me through the thick fog and all my insticts where screaming to resist, it felt like the hand was reaching into me and trying to take me or something from me and pull it down under. In the first second i called on god to help me, i was desperate i felt this was pure evil and i begged god to save me.

The dream was very short it was over in a few seconds and unlike a normal nightmare where your bodies has the aftershock of adrenaline from death in the nightmare or falling from really high my body was normal but i still felt really off and immediately sought out my girlfriend for her support too, i needed to hold on to her hand, i was looking for anything that could help me and protect me. I Repeated that she was my light and nothing could get me. I also called on god again for support.

This was the first time in my life where i prayed for help because of a nightmare ( if it was that ). After this i fell asleep again and went back to a normal dream in a realworld setting with action and adventure and stress like is ussual.

The weird thing about it is that it was so short, a nightmare ussually causes a great deal of stress and builds up towards a conclusion where you wake up from some schock. This was right into it and my resistance so instinctual and all out as if my life depended on it from the first moment the hand came for me. The fact that i called on god in a split second in a dream and then continued it after I awoke is also completely new.

I have to admit this thing left me not daring to go to sleep for half the night the next day. Never had a nightmare that did that either
Funnily enough I had a similar experience in sleep paralysis many years ago, but still remember it vividly. It was a black robed smoke figure that was in the corner of my room and I mentally said to it that it is not real and cannot hurt me. I felt its consciousness notice me and give an amused laugh as it slowly hovered from the corner to directly over me. It reached out its hand and felt like it was sucking something out of my (presumably my soul) through my navel. My body instantly became ice cold and my back involuntarily arched and started full body seizing. This lasted jsut a few seconds and instantly I was out of sleep paralysis and awake in my room. I believe what happened to you was something similar, but they cannot hurt you as long as God is with you, so keep praying. Also capitalize God.

This is going to be the psyop of all psyops if the powers that be get the people like Alex Jones, David Ike etc screaming ”THESE ARENT REAL ALIENS!!!”

And the ”conspiracy” then becomes that aliens aren’t real.

What a timeline.
Lol brilliant, it is inversion, upon inversion, upon inversion, upon inversion, upon inversion. The time comes when people will hate you when you say 2+2=4

BeefStew

Pigeon
If you believe in space and other planets then it is very plausible if not more reasonable to assume that aliens have either already visited or are here (in some way/form).

BeefStew

Pigeon
Why is this "reasonable" if there is no evidence for it?
Statistics. A massive expanding universe with trillions and trillions of planets. That means even if life occurs very infrequently there should still be a very, very large number that should have life.

With this in mind, it is reasonable to assume that our kind of life (cognition/intelligence/etc wouldn't be or wouldn't be entirely unique). It is also unlikely we are the oldest of lifeforms in the universe; more likely there are some younger and others much older.

If we look at our own growth, unless we blow ourselves up we should eventually have the technology to go into space.

So you have massive amounts of potential life out there + our own on a trajectory for space travel + lifeforms likely much older than us = a potentially whole bunch of lifeforms with incredibly advanced technology going about through space.

The rate of technological improvement we've seen in the past 200 years is unimaginable compared to someone from centuries prior. And other lifeforms could be millions of years ahead of us.

There are also reasons why this couldn't be true. E.g. we are the only ones in the entire universe (seems more unlikely), when lifeforms reach a certain level of technology/maturation they inevitably destroy themselves (e.g. nuclear weapons), reality is simulated and just for us, the earth is flat and/or the universe doesn't exist in the way we've been told, etc.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
Statistics. A massive expanding universe with trillions and trillions of planets. That means even if life occurs very infrequently there should still be a very, very large number that should have life.

With this in mind, it is reasonable to assume that our kind of life (cognition/intelligence/etc wouldn't be or wouldn't be entirely unique). It is also unlikely we are the oldest of lifeforms in the universe; more likely there are some younger and others much older.

If we look at our own growth, unless we blow ourselves up we should eventually have the technology to go into space.

So you have massive amounts of potential life out there + our own on a trajectory for space travel + lifeforms likely much older than us = a potentially whole bunch of lifeforms with incredibly advanced technology going about through space.

The rate of technological improvement we've seen in the past 200 years is unimaginable compared to someone from centuries prior. And other lifeforms could be millions of years ahead of us.

There are also reasons why this couldn't be true. E.g. we are the only ones in the entire universe (seems more unlikely), when lifeforms reach a certain level of technology/maturation they inevitably destroy themselves (e.g. nuclear weapons), reality is simulated and just for us, the earth is flat and/or the universe doesn't exist in the way we've been told, etc.
So my issue with all of that is that it reads more like a fantasy novel and less like a capability humans will ever experience.

I mean we can't even agree on whether or not a life begins at conception or if zion is a literal place or a figurative one or if evolution exists or if it's all malarkey.

I place zero faith in man's ability to work together to expand to outer space...

Why would there be life on another planet? I mean this simulation talk is just baseless atheistic nihilism.

Peacock
Gold Member

Not necessarily. Billions of planets are millions of light years away, and life in those planets is fleeting. The chance of alien encounters over a millenium or two given those variables isn't that high.

BeefStew

Pigeon
So my issue with all of that is that it reads more like a fantasy novel and less like a capability humans will ever experience.

I mean we can't even agree on whether or not a life begins at conception or if zion is a literal place or a figurative one or if evolution exists or if it's all malarkey.

I place zero faith in man's ability to work together to expand to outer space...

Why would there be life on another planet? I mean this simulation talk is just baseless atheistic nihilism.
I am assuming some things are true from science: space being true, the vastness of space being true, other planets existing, etc.

Humans are already/have already gone into space (assuming you don't believe moon landing/NASA is all fake).

Evolution is a pretty done deal for scientists and many religious people believe in evolution. Even if you didn't believe in evolution, we are still here by some way, and short of that being from a God creating us and only us, it makes more sense to assume there are other intelligent lifeforms (given the previously mentioned points being true).

The world wouldn't have to unite to get into space; it could be another race to see which country gets further than another.

The simulation hypothesis is just one possibility. It's been popularized because of statements such as those that basically state that if you assume any rate of technology advancement, short of self-annihilation, we'll eventually be able to produce a virtual reality indistinguishable from our own. This of course then makes it unlikely that we are in the base reality (the first to simulate), meaning we are likely already in one.

BeefStew

Pigeon
Not necessarily. Billions of planets are millions of light years away, and life in those planets is fleeting. The chance of alien encounters over a millenium or two given those variables isn't that high.
Not necessarily. Our physics can be broken, where extreme lengths could be traveled in an instant/much quicker than we can imagine. People also think aliens would have to come here physically, but there could certainly be a type of monitoring we can't imagine that doesn't require a physical presence. Everything is sci-fi until it's discovered/created a century down the road.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
I am assuming some things are true from science: space being true, the vastness of space being true, other planets existing, etc.

Humans are already/have already gone into space (assuming you don't believe moon landing/NASA is all fake).

Evolution is a pretty done deal for scientists and many religious people believe in evolution. Even if you didn't believe in evolution, we are still here by some way, and short of that being from a God creating us and only us, it makes more sense to assume there are other intelligent lifeforms (given the previously mentioned points being true).

The world wouldn't have to unite to get into space; it could be another race to see which country gets further than another.

The simulation hypothesis is just one possibility. It's been popularized because of statements such as those that basically state that if you assume any rate of technology advancement, short of self-annihilation, we'll eventually be able to produce a virtual reality indistinguishable from our own. This of course then makes it unlikely that we are in the base reality (the first to simulate), meaning we are likely already in one.
I'm agnostic on the moon landing. It's more interesting to look at as the propaganda of how America is awesome and other countries suck.
Just like we dispute china's landing on the dark side of the moon. They denied our moon landing and we have denied their

Many people reject evolutionary theory but also understand that you have to re-iterate it for school. Evolutionary theory as it stands now has many shortfalls and it's just as much a faith based argument as anything else.

I believe God created humans in his image. I believe in angels (and thus demons also)

We are the only intelligent life.

I think these arguments about simulations as though we are in the matrix simply serve to promote a disconnection between men and God by blurring the religious nature of life and pushing a nihilist narrative.

An0dyne

Robin
So I watched a really interesting film called Proximity (2020) yesterday. I was surprised I’d never heard about it before. It sort of inverted some of the stuff discussed here, which was completely unexpected and threw us for a loop (don’t read on if you think you might watch it and don’t want spoilers).

So the film starts with alien abduction, which seems to be the main cliche point almost throughout. One thing I noticed off the bat though was the surprisingly good graphics, pleasant nature shots, and orchestral scoring in the film. The movie centers on this kid who works at a jet propulsion lab in Los Angeles who witnesses an alien spacecraft and being; he was subsequently abducted for three days.

Without recounting the whole film, aside from the surprisingly decent acting, production quality, etc., it just seemed like your run-of-the-mill alien abduction tale. There was a secret UN-run “men in black” organization who leads you to believe the aliens are nefarious. But it was portrayed as completely corrupt and incompetent. Aside from portraying the government as inept, the media was also painted as entirely untrustworthy (almost the entire first half of the film was devoted to that point).

But the really interesting thing was the end. The main characters end up escaping the UN secret organization and making contact with the aliens who had abducted them. They sit down with the aliens in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere and have a conversation. The aliens explain they mastered science, medicine, and the inner workings of the universe, but were left searching for the meaning/source of existence, essentially. The JPL kid asks why they are interested in humanity toward this end, and they say that mankind exudes an “aura,” for lack of a better term, connecting them to the source. This is why they’ve been observing and experimenting on humans.

The aliens then tell the kid they have a question for him and ask “Who is this Man?” They give him a vision of the Lord ascending into heaven before the Apostles. The kid looks really confused and asks why they want to know about Him. The aliens say they have determined that He is the origin of the aura (took this to mean the Image of God) and all things, the end of their search. His friends ask who he saw, and he says Jesus.

Aside from the alien’s parting wisdom to the kid (something to the effect of, “you struggle to live in a world where seeing is believing. But we have come to learn that believing is seeing”), this brief exchange (maybe 2 mins.?) was the only overtly religious element in the entire film. It was such an intriguing and unexpected twist, but was a pleasant inversion of the typical trope. I thought of this thread when watching and thought some you might find it interesting.

Last edited:

lskdfjldsf

Pelican
Gold Member
God created the earth, sun, stars, the whole universe and everything in it. I don't think life elsewhere (organic, intelligent, or otherwise) and God's message we were given as men are mutually exclusive.

Demons are real, and they will surely use proof of God's creation beyond earth (if it exists) as a means for us to disavow God here. For me, proof of aliens would only strengthen my faith.

An0dyne

Robin
God created the earth, sun, stars, the whole universe and everything in it. I don't think life elsewhere (organic, intelligent, or otherwise) and God's message we were given as men are mutually exclusive.

Demons are real, and they will surely use proof of God's creation beyond earth (if it exists) as a means for us to disavow God here. For me, proof of aliens would only strengthen my faith.
I do think for me to believe that sentient aliens are real, they’d have to demonstrate knowledge of the Christian God. Otherwise I’d assume a government or demonic (but I repeat myself) psy-op.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Given that spontaneous generation of life is unlikely, factoring for the fact that faster than light travel is all a big circle-jerk fantasy, and then the vastness of the universe on top of that... the likelihood of two alien civilizations encountering each other is zero.

There's no aliens conveniently coming to infuse your dull life with some excitement, and whomever tells you otherwise is lying.

Blade Runner

Pelican
I do think for me to believe that sentient aliens are real, they’d have to demonstrate knowledge of the Christian God. Otherwise I’d assume a government or demonic (but I repeat myself) psy-op.
This reminds me of the article written by Fr. John Romanides and published in 1965 in the Boston Globe. Have a look, it's a good summary of Orthodoxy in general and considers the point you are making here.