Famine coming after the riots/2ndlockdowns.

ginsu

Robin
Its clear that the western world is under attack. And with these latest riots the USA seems to be the main target.

Someone called ice age farmer on youtube has been talking about possible food shortages since the beginning of the covid plandemic.

Is this the next ''unexpected'' instigated crisis that the spider/communists are planning ?.

A second lockdown/outbreak of the virus is almost certainly going to happen, talk to every normie you know and they will parrot bill gates and the media word for word.
The second wave of the virus is already programmed into the minds of the population as inevitable. The destruction that the first lockdowns have brought on the
economy and problems for food production and food distribution have left it very vulnerable. What is going to happen when there is a 2nd outbreak/lockdown ?.

last year we saw farmers being pressured and attacked in europe by our own government as well under the guise of climate change. Its definitely part of the agenda.
And fits right into the communist playbook. I do not consider it far fetched that we will see the media filled with news of Famine the same way they are now talking about the riots. Several people have already asked the question if america can be considered a third world country after these riots. Famines are just going to cement this third world status reputation of the USA, it seems to be the plan.

Hindu Man

Sparrow
I don't know about you guys but I need fresh milk, bread and fruits/vegetables. Those are basic essentials that I need to get from the grocery store on a weekly basis.

Stock up on rice, beans, canned fish and other non perishable foods.
Agreed

Famines are just going to cement this third world status reputation of the USA, it seems to be the plan.
Famine is extreme but there could be food shortages like what happened a few months ago.

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
Stock up on rice, beans, canned fish and other non perishable foods. You may even want powdered milk.

Meal replacement such as protein powder isn’t bad as well as a meal replacement.

I was going to say .”civil war is coming”. But civil war is here
Food hoarding is what might cause food shortages too, keep that in mind. Gold, silver and cash money is also good to have around in sufficient quantities. I have a bunch of silver myself, and a few gold coins.

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
This was actually my theory when coronavirus began. Although not out of the realm of possibility I think it unlikely for the first world. However I think it’s very likely the third world, especially Africa, will see massive famine now that the Western world Is too busy to keep giving handouts.

ginsu

Robin
@HinduMan Youre right famine is a bit extreme wording. I just called it what the original youtuber calls it as he seems to know whats going on in the food industry. Just like there are a lot of places now in the USA where there is zero rioting there will be not much of a problem in the rural places in terms of food shortages when (if) they come. But the cities will be hotspots just like the riots are affecting them now and how corona measures were affecting them before.

Even if food shortages are contained to the cities or will turn out to be not so severe i think the media will report on it in full force as if the entire country is experiencing food shortages. Wanting us to believe there is a famine going on. I think damaging the reputation and confidence of civilians and other countries for the USA / west is also part of the plan. So they will pump up the fear 10x higher than what it needs to be causing these runs on the supermarkets like they did with toilet paper. This is just how i think it will play out.

Again the key take away keeps being cities are higher risk areas to live

Last edited:

kel

Pelican
You can't stock up enough, you need to be able to produce your own food. Your supplies are just to fill that out and to be the transition from your old lifestyle to your new.

t. guy who is not at all in a place to produce his own food, but still

ginsu

Robin
Another option although unreliable is to catch food, if you live near the ocean you can go out fishing anytime for fresh meat for example.

Yes food supply is just to hold out until things are back in order again or like you said until you can transition into growing your own food. i am also not able to do that yet and to be honest its more a lack of will. But i don't think that we will see a complete annihilation of the food industry, but a lowered production rate and the biggest problem coming from the supply chain that's distributing it into the cities.

Its a bit hard for me now to imagine having to grow my own food when i am literally surrounded by farms growing fruit and vegetables. Getting into the car wont change that view while driving for 15 min. If you can stock up on 3 to 6 months it will most likely be okay if you are not near the cities and there are farmers in the area ( just a guess ).

IMO they don't really wish to destroy everything completely, as they still have to live in this world too and there needs to be enough left over for them to profit from. just a big enough shock that the media can keep amplifying to further their agenda. But its better if we don't find ourselves in the places that will have to suffer for them to get their news stories.

pitbullowner

Pelican
Another option although unreliable is to catch food, if you live near the ocean you can go out fishing anytime for fresh meat for example

thankfully for me the land that I live on has a river that's not even a quarter mile from me that has a toxicity free inlet that comes from the Chattanooga area. The Tennessee River is full of toxic chemicals from the 3M plant coming out of the Decatur Alabama area

I don't know about you guys but I need fresh milk, bread and fruits/vegetables. Those are basic essentials that I need to get from the grocery store on a weekly basis.
Shortages lead to famine. Food is grown in one area and distributed throughout the country. Inflation (in Canada particularly) is already through the roof on food.
Low grade beef lion steaks are up 200%. All beef is up 200%
Chicken and pork aren't too badly affected.... but they will be if it keeps up.

Seeds. Get seeds, get property or just throw a few plots in your back yard. Homestead for the win.
As for meat: it's good to know a butcher.

I've got a seed vault that's storable for 25 years refridgerated and unopened. I picked it up in 2010, and I'm going to crack it open this summer. Heirloom seeds are more precious than gold in a famine.

Troller

Woodpecker
Pretty bleak outlook from dr doom.

“But, he hastens to add, “any happy ending assumes that we find a way to survive” the hard times to come.”

Well, first of all, my prediction is not for 2020. It’s a prediction that these ten major forces will, by the middle of the coming decade, lead us into a “Greater Depression.” Markets, of course, have a shorter horizon. In the short run, I expect a U-shaped recovery while the markets seem to be pricing in a V-shape recovery.

Of course the markets are going higher because there’s a massive monetary stimulus, there’s a massive fiscal stimulus.”

Yes, there are unemployment benefits. And some unemployed people may be making more money than when they were working. But those unemployment benefits are going to run out in July. The consensus says the unemployment rate is headed to 25 percent.

And this is in Germany, where unemployment is up by only one percent. Forty percent of Americans have less than $400 in liquid cash saved for an emergency. You think they are going to spend?

You’re going to start having food riots soon enough.

Because tomorrow, every piece of consumer electronics, even your lowly coffee machine or microwave or toaster, is going to have a 5G chip. That’s what the internet of things is about. If the Chinese can listen to you through your smartphone, they can listen to you through your toaster. Once we declare that 5G is going to allow China to listen to our communication, we will also have to ban all household electronics made in China. So, the decoupling is happening. We’re going to have a “splinternet.” It’s only a matter of how much and how fast.

The only debate is about whether there will be a cold war or a hot one. Historically, these things have led to a hot war in 12 out of 16 episodes in 2,000 years of history. So we’ll be lucky if we just get a cold war.

When you reshore, you are moving production from regions of the world like China, and other parts of Asia, that have low labor costs, to parts of the world like the U.S. and Europe that have higher labor costs. That is a fact. How is the corporate sector going respond to that? It’s going to respond by replacing labor with robots, automation, and AI.

I was recently in South Korea. I met the head of Hyundai, the third-largest automaker in the world. He told me that tomorrow, they could convert their factories to run with all robots and no workers. Why don’t they do it? Because they have unions that are powerful. In Korea, you cannot fire these workers, they have lifetime employment.

But you’re not going to get many jobs. The factory of the future is going to be one person manning 1,000 robots and a second person cleaning the floor. And eventually the guy cleaning the floor is going to be replaced by a Roomba because a Roomba doesn’t ask for benefits or bathroom breaks or get sick and can work 24-7.

There’s a conflict between workers and capital. For a decade, workers have been screwed. Now, they’re going to be screwed more. There’s a conflict between small business and large business.

Millions of these small businesses are going to go bankrupt. Half of the restaurants in New York are never going to reopen. How can they survive? They have such tiny margins. Who’s going to survive? The big chains. Retailers. Fast food. The small businesses are going to disappear in the post-coronavirus economy. So there is a fundamental conflict between Wall Street (big banks and big firms) and Main Street (workers and small businesses). And Wall Street is going to win.

What I’m saying is that once you run a budget deficit of not 3, not 5, not 8, but 15 or 20 percent of GDP — and you’re going to fully monetize it (because that’s what the Fed has been doing) — you still won’t have inflation in the short run, not this year or next year, because you have slack in goods markets, slack in labor markets, slack in commodities markets, etc. But there will be inflation in the post-coronavirus world. This is because we’re going to see two big negative supply shocks. For the last decade, prices have been constrained by two positive supply shocks — globalization and technology. Well, globalization is going to become deglobalization thanks to decoupling, protectionism, fragmentation, and so on. So that’s going to be a negative supply shock. And technology is not going to be the same as before. The 5G of Erickson and Nokia costs 30 percent more than the one of Huawei, and is 20 percent less productive. So to install non-Chinese 5G networks, we’re going to pay 50 percent more. So technology is going to gradually become a negative supply shock. So you have two major forces that had been exerting downward pressure on prices moving in the opposite direction, and you have a massive monetization of fiscal deficits. Remember the 1970s? You had two negative supply shocks — ’73 and ’79, the Yom Kippur War and the Iranian Revolution. What did you get? Stagflation.

Now, I’m not talking about hyperinflation — not Zimbabwe or Argentina. I’m not even talking about 10 percent inflation. It’s enough for inflation to go from one to 4 percent. Then, ten-year Treasury bonds — which today have interest rates close to zero percent — will need to have an inflation premium. So, think about a ten-year Treasury, five years from now, going from one percent to 5 percent, while inflation goes from near zero to 4 percent. And ask yourself, what’s going to happen to the real economy? Well, in the fourth quarter of 2018, when the Federal Reserve tried to raise rates above 2 percent, the market couldn’t take it. So we don’t need hyperinflation to have a disaster.

For the last decade, debt-to-GDP ratios in the U.S. and globally have been rising. And debts were rising for corporations and households as well. But we survived this, because, while debt ratios were high, debt-servicing ratios were low, since we had zero percent policy rates and long rates close to zero — or, in Europe and Japan, negative. But the second the Fed started to hike rates, there was panic.

In December 2018, Jay Powell said, “You know what. I’m at 2.5 percent. I’m going to go to 3.25. And I’m going to continue running down my balance sheet.” And the market totally crashed. And then, literally on January 2, 2019, Powell comes back and says, “Sorry, I was kidding. I’m not going to do quantitative tightening. I’m not going to raise rates.” So the economy couldn’t take a Fed funds rate of 2.5 percent. In the strongest economy in the world. There is so much debt, if long-term rates go from zero to 3 percent, the economy is going to crash.

Suppose the permafrost in Siberia melts. There are probably viruses that have been in there since the Stone Age. We don’t know what kind of nasty stuff is going to get out. We don’t even know what’s coming.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Consider the level of preparation you're realistically going to be able to make use of.

If you have food (and water?) that will last you 6 months, what do you think the people around you are going to do if they run out in a couple of weeks? I would say having any more than a month of supplies in an urban area or two months in a suburban area is probably pointless. Once people actually start starving then they'll go door to door and any resistance will only indicate you have something worth taking.

You have to make a realistic assessment of the civility in your area and have plans to to leave BEFORE you think order is likely to break down. That requires having a pre-determined location in mind with cached supplies or the presumption of friendlies feeding you when you arrive.

If you live in the city or suburbs then you simply have to accept that there is no viable stay-in-place plan past a couple of months of real hardship. There are some exceptions. Biological warfare that kills off the majority of the population quickly. Some kind of half-assed catastrophe that results in rationing while some semblance of civility remains (you use your stored food to supplement your rations). But even then it's not hard to tell who's eating well and who's not. And the have-nots are going to take special interest in the haves.

Everyone should have a couple of months worth of supplies but beyond that your planning, purchasing and preparations should be in the direction of getting to a suitable location. And no, it's not "a tent in the forest".

Troller

Woodpecker
Actually the clima change part was the one I’ve least quoted from roubini. I don’t believe in man made clima change. There as always been cycles. Its a scam to create more taxes and regulations. In order to suffocate small companies and maintain large companies cartels. Maybe plastic is a problem. GMO like Monsanto are the real threat. Besides food tasting like shit. It induces cancer. With that said this doesn’t mean clima cannot be messed around by the elite. Rothschilds invested in weather. It can also be the case some deadly virus be released with the fake justification of the melting of permafrost. Maybe measles.
if anything some people (NASA, etc) say we are entering a global cooling cycle. But that doesn’t mean it cannot be falsified. Nowadays I’m open to all theories and possibilities.

beta_plus

Pelican
They're might be famine, but it won't be in the USA unless a true hot civil war breaks out, such as it did in Yugoslavia, and even then only in limited areas. Even the poorest Americans will have their basic nutritional needs met, and most of them could stand to fast a bit given their rampant obesity.

Where famine might really break out is shown on this map by Peter Zeihan, which indicates if a country runs a net trade surplus or deficit of calories.

I consider it to be one of the world's most scary maps. While unrest in the United States will not lead to famine, it could lead to the break down of the US Navy and the collapse of world sea shipping routes, without which most of the yellow, orange, and red countries would either have reductions in diets or starve.

If the Chinese suddenly do not get to eat pork or chicken everyday, or the Persian Gulf and Central Asia truly run out of food, you could see conflicts that kill millions. In a really bad situation, you could see the UK, aka Perfidious Albion, start bullying continental shipping in order to secure food supplies.

That being said, one should still do prepping. However, remember that, in a SHTF scenario, anything you have must be protected by Redneck Gold, aka ammunition.

Last edited:

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Where else to hide?
If you have no rural friends, family or property you can reach on foot then you are in a very bad position.

Forest retreats only work if they are extremely remote and you have large amounts of supplies cached there prior to arriving. Presume you are able to grow nothing and hunt nothing unless you've already proven otherwise.

Now physically put together a bug-out bag with all your necessities (tent, sleeping bag etc) and as much food as you could reasonably hike with (heaven forfend you have to run from anyone). We can even pretend that you have a lovely source of fresh water wherever you're going so only pack enough water for the hike.

Now we'll even presume that you get there without a hitch.

Calorie-count your supplies and figure out how long they'll last you. The results will not be comforting.

Keep in mind that a LOT of people are going to be doing the same thing you are. "Heading for the hills". The forests may seem like a big place but most of it is inaccessible or difficult to navigate at best. Trying to get far enough away from everyone else is going to be a horrible prospect, and even if you beat the rush you'll never know when more people are going to filter in and stumble across your campsite. Worse, you can traipse your way here and there for days taking incredible risks through harsh terrain thinking you're miles from civilization only to stumble on a group of people camping ten feet from a logging trail that you've inadvertently just discovered.

Add to the fact that every Tom, Dick and Harry is going to be operating campfires in dangerous places and I suspect most forests are going to burn by the end of the first summer. Suffice to say if you wanted to survive in a situation like that then you would need to know those forests like the back of your hand.

Northern winter? One sleeplessly cold night is bad, but ten will kill you, especially when the damp begins to seep into your gear and you're on calorie rations, stressed to heck about when you should go back.

Forest escape plans are not a good idea. You need to have a location that offers warmth, security and food storage.

kel

Pelican
Even some of the net exporters will experience scarcity, because the map considers all foodstuffs equivalent. Agriculture is very industrialized and dependent upon being able to move products to the market and exchange them for money. Canada is shown as a massive net exporter there, and that's true, and indeed I think Canada could be truly self-sufficient, but the dark blue is likely just because they grow most of the worlds rapeseed for canola oil and export it. If transportation becomes difficult, markets break down, etc. how much canola oil do you want to chug? It'll take time for industrialized agriculture to re-orient itself to provide the local populace with varied food that's appropriate for eating rather than just commodities that happen to be edible but are ultimately little different from uranium or wood pulp or widgets.