Fantastic article: Why women shouldn't work

bubs

Sparrow
Since I had to retire early, I am very glad my wife is working and even advancing. We'd have no insurance without her. That wasn't my plan but things happen. We also don't have children. A working wife doesn't have to be seen as a threat. She wants a job and wants responsibility. I am proud of her. She doesn't complain, steady as a rock.
I actual came here to see what other people think about a wife working after the children have been raised and off to college or them starting their own careers? I would really like my wife to change from a low paying part time job she has been doing for last 20 years to a full time job with benefits. Will a) allow me to get out of my 60 hour per week miserable job and take a pay cut for something a lot less stressful / have some resemblance of a balanced life to enjoy. b) protect against potential layoffs/out of work/no insurance coverage etc/ d) less risks of losing the house e) increase retirement budget thoughts?

DanielH

Pelican
Orthodox
I actual came here to see what other people think about a wife working after the children have been raised and off to college or them starting their own careers? I would really like my wife to change from a low paying part time job she has been doing for last 20 years to a full time job with benefits. Will a) allow me to get out of my 60 hour per week miserable job and take a pay cut for something a lot less stressful / have some resemblance of a balanced life to enjoy. b) protect against potential layoffs/out of work/no insurance coverage etc/ d) less risks of losing the house e) increase retirement budget thoughts?
I genuinely don't understand why two people with no dependents would need to, or desire to work full time. I don't know your situation or what kind of standards you have. Do you both have a car? If so, why? How many subscriptions do you have? Where can you cut your budget? Maybe you're trying to leave an inheritance? We need clarification on your goals and situation.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Is your wife okay with getting a better job with benefits? Is she comfortable with her job and doesn't want to do anything else?
Money issues like this make for difficult decisions.

This is circular...

A woman working is quite an expensive proposition... A second car, insurance, expensive clothing/wardrobe for her to work, children being raised in day care, mental health services for the woman as she slowly burns out, criminal defense attorneys and rehab for the kids as they become teenagers and get into the juvenile correction system and the prison-industrial complex.

If you want your wife to work and your children to be raised by public schools and day cares then you should accept that you will one day talk to your children through a plexiglass partition using a phone anchored to the wall.

If you consider the extreme expenses associated with a woman working, most people cannot actually afford it if they crunch the numbers and weigh the costs. Most of the revenue generated by a woman working is almost immediately consumed covering the short-term expenses and ongoing expenses associated with her working.

Suppose your woman makes $40,000 per year, but now you need to spend $400 per month on a car payment for a second car, $200 per month in gasoline on that car, $150 per month on insurance for that car, $1500 per month on daycare, we're already at $2,250 per month in expenses associated with her working. See where this is going?

For most couples, a woman working is an absolute and complete waste and is actually a detriment to the family. She works to earn the money to finance her ability to get to work and work and have her children raised by strangers while she works.
My aunt actually quit working when her daughter was born for this exact same reason. They did the math and with higher taxes (Illinois has awful taxes) and daycare it was not worth the slight bump in money coming in considering the added stress. She is a liberal feminist and was an accountant but still made the rational choice and she enjoyed having a closer bond with her daughter, Also, she handled the domestic chores which meant her husband has less stress as well. Her daughter is grown up now but she didn't return to work. She enjoys doing volunteer work for animals and walking her dog and basic domestic chores that likely just take 2 hours (and would take less if she weren't a perfectionist about cleaning). Having more time for the daughter also likely helped the daughter do well in school and achieve a lot.

Why don't more women like this idea? They are the ones that benefit most from such an arrangement but the kids and husbands also benefit as long as the husband makes enough for basic material needs (which most Americans vastly overestimate they really need).

bubs

Sparrow
Is your wife okay with getting a better job with benefits? Is she comfortable with her job and doesn't want to do anything else?
Money issues like this make for difficult decisions.
My wife loves her current situation of 4 days a week work and summers off (private school adminstrative job). I think she would only be receptive to get another job if my income were to drop drastically or I was out of work. Was perfect while the kids were growing up. Supplemental (10%) family income but was there for the kids after school and summers. Now they are grown, and she could get another admin job anywhere else and double her salary easily, and Then I wouldn’t be trapped in my current job and could have more employment options (doing several interviews over last 2-3 years it seems my current job is about as high a salary as I can get…everywhere else is offering me positions but for $20-30k less and Ive been declining because they refusing to accept my mid-way counter offers. I would love to take a less stressful / less demanding job while lowering our family/household risks of being a 90% breadwinner and only one with benefit options. Just not sure how receptive my wife will be to that. She wants me to get out of my current job that has me sleeping and working only, but dropping down in income probably won’t sit well.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
My wife loves her current situation of 4 days a week work and summers off (private school adminstrative job). I think she would only be receptive to get another job if my income were to drop drastically or I was out of work. Was perfect while the kids were growing up. Supplemental (10%) family income but was there for the kids after school and summers. Now they are grown, and she could get another admin job anywhere else and double her salary easily, and Then I wouldn’t be trapped in my current job and could have more employment options (doing several interviews over last 2-3 years it seems my current job is about as high a salary as I can get…everywhere else is offering me positions but for $20-30k less and Ive been declining because they refusing to accept my mid-way counter offers. I would love to take a less stressful / less demanding job while lowering our family/household risks of being a 90% breadwinner and only one with benefit options. Just not sure how receptive my wife will be to that. She wants me to get out of my current job that has me sleeping and working only, but dropping down in income probably won’t sit well.
You have quite the dilemma to work out. How close to retirement are you?

bubs

Sparrow
Wow, so you would accept less pay for a job if your wife agreed to get a higher paying job?
What I’m saying is that Id take less pay to get my work/life in balance. 60hrs a week to 45ish hrs a week. My wife is grossly underpaid at her current job and could double her salary elsewhere (but would have to work summers and 5 days a week instead of 4. Id go from from 90% of household income to more like 70% of the breadwinner. But would have more free time, less stress and wife would have a job with benefits just as risk mitigation if I were ever to be out of work.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
I am trying to keep away from politics, so what am I doing in this thread? Well, there are a few observations simultaneously in my life of relevance to this topic and I have to share a few thoughts. Not sure if I can actually have a strong opinion on this but it is definitely an issue we in the west should not ignore.

My long term girlfriends, the latest of which now mother of our child have been obsessed with their careers. So brainwashed, the second one regrets losing so many fertile years, although I think that is probably both of our faults getting dirtied by living in a clown world.

Now from time to time I need to engage a lawyer for one business matter or another. About a decade ago a woman lawyer ended up acting for me in a case which made it to a hearing. There was some upset in the end about the outcome and costs and all in all I felt the need to back down and not be too hard cause, well she's a woman, and she has to work twice as hard as a man bla bla..

I listen to Stefan Molyneux quite a lot and he waxes lyrical about the cost of having women working. As others have posted, just to have their children in daycare and eventually need to hire psychologists to fix the harm that came from them being away from their biological parents. Something else Stefan said got me thinking, can't remember it word for word but it was along the lines of "we hold men to higher standards of certainty and professionalism in a work place, but women will never be forced to be accountable to the same extent as men in the culture as it currently is" So basically women in roles of responsibility may in many cases be permitted to drop the ball and be airheads but remain employed.

Right now, there were two female lawyers acting for me in separate matters and I just had to violently fire one of them for reasons as just mentioned. Did not say anything about it being because she was a woman because..

..the other female lawyer is amazing. The ones mentioned above are Anglo or southern European, this one is a northern European but she is deeply career obsessed and although lower in the hierarchy there than the men, is deeply competent and no doubt better than some men out there you might find. The thing is however, I do know something about her personal life. Will never say anything to her, but she is by choice a stepmother and from what it looks like on a solid path to childlessness. Who knows, it's not my business but that is the observation. Maybe she can't have children. Non-stop career drive and well-earned success, but, sterility.

On the other hand, there was this fighter jet pilot woman who managed to have a bunch of children:

Still, that is a rarefied profession, and maybe more an exception not disproving a rule.

I still have trouble forming an opinion on this but can definitely say that the way women are brainwashed into careers nowadays in child-poor western societies is the work of subversive forces on society and Satan.

Some very good quotes from the OP of the article, can only agree (link is broken btw) :

[...]because women working displaces men from their traditional role of provider, protector and cherisher of women. This displacement of men from their traditional role diminishes their place in society and tramples on their manhood. For individual men this is painful, but for western civilization it is catastrophic

When men are displaced from their traditional role as head of the family, the right ordering of marriage and family life is abolished. Instead of husbands and fathers being authority figures that demand respect—and are even feared on occasion—they are reduced to one part bumbling idiots ruled over by their wives and children, and one part big “softies” that give in to the whims of the women and children in their lives.

also:

If you are a European under the age of 50, unless you die young, you will live to experience Sharia in Europe, whether it is imposed with the weight and force of law or the weight and force of the mob.

Feminism in the West was only ever intended [and necessary] for the purpose of destabilizing the demographics and causing Western nations to implode. That is over and done, it has been fulfilled, it is complete. The elites who used feminism don't care if Western women aged 20-45 wind up single, childless, victims of acid attacks, and opt to get medically assisted suicide in their 50s as they wallow in misery and realize they threw their lives away and supported demonic politicians who led them into hell.

As an aside, I predict that there will be a massive surge in female suicide in Western nations over the next 30 years.

I hope not re Sharia, but it is not unlikely given the current trajectory. The world is not the same as when the Austrians fought off the Turks outside Vienna.

The voting public is however too dumb to realise what has happened.

Good article, glad to see it being published. A woman no less was the author. But, many things were not discussed. Thanks to feminism we have an authoritarian state. This condition is necessary and therefore inherent because feminism denies reality. Therefore, it requires large amounts of propaganda and regulations and guidelines and control. Centralized control is an imperative because everyone must be on script and no dissension can be allowed. The latter point is critical because if you're against reality its very easy to dismiss your claims as nonsense.

Also, it destroyed merit. The so called "success" of women in the workforce was due to women crying, whining and complaining. They literally closed their eyes, plugged their ears and stomped up and down until they got their...managing director of mergers and acquisitions title at Citi Bank. Everywhere, from the head of astrophysics at a major university to air traffic controllers, women cry and whine when they don't feel "represented". This means people are no longer selected for merit or talent or experience and, for that matter, not even for innate attributes, but rather, if and only if they're a member of a pre-selected in-group.

This has destroyed merit. I've long said that if you remove all these controlling factors in our society and let the former meritocratic capitalistic system to once again flourish, men will easy regain whatever ground they've lost. Its because under a purer merit based system men outperform women. The absolute proof of this is provided none other than by the feminists. For if women are superior to men or even equal, per the feminists, than there would be no need for state-based or institutional-based systemic favoritism for only women. In competitive environments and under survival conditions frivolities such as "the old boys club" or sexism are quickly routed out. That's why the contention of feminists that in the past when these conditions were more acute that it was a phal-logo-centric model is utterly incorrect. When people are starving no one cares about the sex of the person that gets them food. And as we seen, the men got the food. And did everything else.

And so feminism has destroyed merit and the jokes on them. It takes a very special kind of selfishness to petition the government or to publicly whine and cry in corporate boardrooms (as the "guerilla girls" used to do in the 1980s) not for anything altruistic, but, for the simply personal satisfaction of having some kind of "title" or degree next to their name. Pride. And as we all know this is a folly. For today, because they had to pervert the system to such a degree that merit itself has been compromised, no one really takes a female "go-getter" seriously no matter what here title may be to include CEO. There's too many other women that got that distinction not from merit but from a quota. And that makes all the difference.

So, said go-getter, has gotten what she wanted or "set out to be" and has found he "true self", which is a lonely sterile life in some decaying urban megalopolis accompanied by her cat, cat litter, amazon boxes, unkept space, half eaten takeout...no husband, no kids, no family. And above all a degree and job title that might say a lot but are in fact empty and worthless.
Spot on!

Do young women still want careers? I feel like increasingly women just want to entertain “influencer” delusions on social media, and the glamour of working in a corporate office has diminished. I remember in the 2000s, lunch hour in my midwestern downtown was filled with late 20somethings in sexy pencil skirts and high heels, by 2019 you had to get past all the gays, soys, dykes, and old boomers to catch a glimpse of any lookers.

Do young women still want careers? I feel like increasingly women just want to entertain “influencer” delusions on social media, and the glamour of working in a corporate office has diminished. I remember in the 2000s, lunch hour in my midwestern downtown was filled with late 20somethings in sexy pencil skirts and high heels, by 2019 you had to get past all the gays, soys, dykes, and old boomers to catch a glimpse of any lookers.
Well early 2000s was the NCIS psyop, so lots of women studied law and forensics. That bubble has popped, young ladies in my generation fell for the Grey's Anatomy psyop and are all studying nursing.

But yes, I think the populace has learned that there is no such thing as an "office career" like they had in sex in the city or what have you, which was another psyop that made women want to move to NYC and become writers. Psyops everywhere man, smh

Towgunner

Kingfisher
Well early 2000s was the NCIS psyop, so lots of women studied law and forensics. That bubble has popped, young ladies in my generation fell for the Grey's Anatomy psyop and are all studying nursing.

But yes, I think the populace has learned that there is no such thing as an "office career" like they had in sex in the city or what have you, which was another psyop that made women want to move to NYC and become writers. Psyops everywhere man, smh

This is very insightful, i.e. tv shows such as "sex in the city" being psyops. Indeed, they are. TV shows, movies...these forms of entertainment are the tip of the spear for the social engineering agenda. Its insidious. "They" know how effective this is. Its why you don't see any true and healthy male characters in anymore. The reason is simple if they produce such a thing it would inspire males and if males are inspired its very hard for females to compete. Rather, if males are subdued, as it were, and better yet, if females are more than sufficiently inspired by their own female characters etc, then, it makes for more advantageous conditions for females. This plus generous amounts of affirmation action. This is the horrible creature we've been talking about. "They" start with making it the law that you must hire from group "x" and then they make the propaganda that will create the supply of applicants from group x.

I can not watch conventional tv shows and movies. I simply can't. Its a combination of knowing and spotting the social engineering and being rightly offended by that and the very portrayal of who I'm supposed to be in this "modern" age. And social engineering is in everything, its not even veiled as it used to be. I despise the man "they" want us to be. gray's anatomy is the worse. The males are all subservient. Its as though they've been neutered. My main pet peeve is the sigh/recessive shrug mannerism all male characters make when they speak (after they're spoken to by some female). Alternatively, all the females speak with conviction trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to take on that command posture. This isn't art, its straight from a women's studies lecture. It's insulting to all people.

Sadly it is effective and many females desire to go into healthcare after watching shows like this. Although this is bad the net results are even worse, because, instead of getting genuinely interested individuals into specific fields you end up with many people oblivious to the realities of the actual job. In the case of gray's anatomy, most of these kinds of females presume that a hospital is nothing more than a social event with a little work and some good ole drama. Its not cleaning bedpans and attending to a morbidly obese person that is inmobile and defecates all over the place, no no, its having sex in the OR.

In real life, no one is having sex in the OR and the one time it did happen, rumor adjusted, the individuals were severely reprimanded and were terminated and embarrassed. They did not get adulation like on TV.

So, said miss go-get-her, ends up working slave hours in a place that smells like sterilized ointment, bad cafeteria food and feces/flatulence. That disagreeable hospital smell. She often wonders quietly to herself, how could any person ever want to have sex or romance in such as place? The facade begins to dissolve and cats and box wine start to materialize. But, no one promised you a rose garden, right? She's altogether perfect, so, we can expect her to know this already. Wrong. Both grays anatomy and sex and the city actually promised a rose garden. According to them, work was something you simply showed up for and all you had to "do is your best" and it will all work out.

And so today we have plenty of females opting out both during and after med or nursing school and, because of affirmative action and social engineering, a lot more unqualified people as healthcare workers and lawyers and corporate executives and...etc.

Last edited:
This is very insightful, i.e. tv shows such as "sex in the city" being psyops. Indeed, they are. TV shows, movies...these forms of entertainment are the tip of the spear for the social engineering agenda. Its insidious. "They" know how effective this is. Its why you don't see any true and healthy male characters in anymore. The reason is simple if they produce such a thing it would inspire males and if males are inspired its very hard for females to compete. Rather, if males are subdued, as it were, and better yet, if females are more than sufficiently inspired by their own female characters etc, then, it makes for more advantageous conditions for females. This plus generous amounts of affirmation action. This is the horrible creature we've been talking about. "They" start with making it the law that you must hire from group "x" and then they make the propaganda that will create the supply of applicants from group x.

I can not watch conventional tv shows and movies. I simply can't. Its a combination of knowing and spotting the social engineering and being rightly offended by that and the very portrayal of who I'm supposed to be in this "modern" age. And social engineering is in everything, its not even veiled as it used to be. I despise the man "they" want us to be. gray's anatomy is the worse. The males are all subservient. Its as though they've been neutered. My main pet peeve is the sigh/recessive shrug mannerism all male characters make when they speak (after they're spoken to by some female). Alternatively, all the females speak with conviction trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to take on that command posture. This isn't art, its straight from a women's studies lecture. It's insulting to all people.

Sadly it is effective and many females desire to go into healthcare after watching shows like this. Although this is bad the net results are even worse, because, instead of getting genuinely interested individuals into specific fields you end up with many people oblivious to the realities of the actual job. In the case of gray's anatomy, most of these kinds of females presume that a hospital is nothing more than a social event with a little work and some good ole drama. Its not cleaning bedpans and attending to a morbidly obese person that is inmobile and defecates all over the place, no no, its having sex in the OR.

In real life, no one is having sex in the OR and the one time it did happen, rumor adjusted, the individuals were severely reprimanded and were terminated and embarrassed. They did not get adulation like on TV.

So, said miss go-get-her, ends up working slave hours in a place that smells like sterilized ointment, bad cafeteria food and feces/flatulence. That disagreeable hospital smell. She often wonders quietly to herself, how could any person ever want to have sex or romance in such as place? The facade begins to dissolve and cats and box wine start to materialize. But, no one promised you a rose garden, right? She's altogether perfect, so, we can expect her to know this already. Wrong. Both grays anatomy and sex and the city actually promised a rose garden. According to them, work was something you simply showed up for and all you had to "do is your best" and it will all work out.

And so today we have plenty of females opting out both during and after med or nursing school and, because of affirmative action and social engineering, a lot more unqualified people as healthcare workers and lawyers and corporate executives and...etc.
It's a worthy discussion, but I think nursing is mostly just a career that is extremely complimentary to female instincts. Lots of bonus points due to close knit interactions with male doctors (among the upper social strata in the west), which hopefully sets them up for prime mate selection. I'm sure these TV shows play a role, but I wouldn't get too far down the rabbit hole.

When I married my wife I ran through those things about where money tends to go when she is working. She is from the Philippines. I gave her the option of not working but she wants to work to support her family (she doesn't expect me to) back home. If we had a child I would want her at home even if neither of us was working, although I would try if I had to, as I am currently not able to.
She has always maintained she wanted a job and has worked since she LEGALLY immigrated. I wish we could have had children but that's not how it worked out.

"I wish we could have had children but that's not how it worked out."

Ugh!!! And so she chose HER family back in the Philippines, over YOUR genetic legacy, that the two of you would have created and nourished together? I view this as a terrible betrayal that she perpetuated against you. And so if I understand right, you are on disability and not working, while she does work. A tough situation... What is your age difference, if I may ask?

Last edited:
Your girlfriend / attractive wife should not work, for it's almost certain, that some hierarchical superior will end up getting a case with her (for the maintenance of her employment ).

There was a bestselling book around twenty years ago, within the Mormon community, titled, "It Came Out of the Blue Like a Scheduled Airline Flight." Written by a marriage counselor/psychologist, the author explained why infidelity (way back then) was so common among female Mormon professionals, even when the marriage appeared fairly strong. She really broke down the very common chain of events that lead to infidelity among working women, and how it can be reversed.

It's amazing how easily manipulated they are. If one of (((them))) made a television show about women feeding themselves to wild beasts to help mother earth or some such nonsense there would almost certainly be numerous cases of some stupid young woman going to a zoo & throwing herself into a tiger/lion/bear enclosure in order to "do her part".

Last edited:
I was raised in Alaska, and even there we had people, but especially young women, who despite all the warning signs and barriers, would climb into a wild animal enclosure at the zoo and then get mauled! It happened over and over again, to these idiots who wanted to pet the wild animals! Lol