Fat people thread

scorpion

Ostrich
Gold Member
I remember several years ago being tricked by a SIF (secret internet fatty) on a dating site. She was very attractive in her pics, but when we met she was much larger. It literally looked like she had gained 100 lbs. or close to it. I had worked all day before the date and did a workout right before and was planning on eating a large meal at the restaurant with her. Since I was starving and didn't have anything else ready to eat at the house, I decided I would just endure her obesity for an hour and have dinner before excusing myself. But just walking around with her to the restaurant felt incredibly embarrassing. I could feel people looking at us, wondering what the hell I was doing with such a lardass of a woman. It was really an awful experience. The point being, I have absolutely no idea how a normal-looking guy can bring himself to date, much less marry a fat woman. Just walking around next to a fat woman for a few minutes was a completely humiliating experience for me. And these guys marry them? What the hell is going on? Is the thirst that strong? It's unbelievable.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
scorpion said:
I remember several years ago being tricked by a SIF (secret internet fatty) on a dating site. She was very attractive in her pics, but when we met she was much larger. It literally looked like she had gained 100 lbs. or close to it. I had worked all day before the date and did a workout right before and was planning on eating a large meal at the restaurant with her. Since I was starving and didn't have anything else ready to eat at the house, I decided I would just endure her obesity for an hour and have dinner before excusing myself. But just walking around with her to the restaurant felt incredibly embarrassing. I could feel people looking at us, wondering what the hell I was doing with such a lardass of a woman. It was really an awful experience. The point being, I have absolutely no idea how a normal-looking guy can bring himself to date, much less marry a fat woman. Just walking around next to a fat woman for a few minutes was a completely humiliating experience for me. And these guys marry them? What the hell is going on? Is the thirst that strong? It's unbelievable.
Serendipity that I found this post. I have pondering replying to this post all day.

My once thin now lardass friend that was doing very well on keto that I introduced him to, until UNTIL he got himself a lardass girlfriend recently. To be frank, I was fucking mortified that this guy who has got good looking women in the past now has this dumpy thing waddling around. He's a private guy, but he's pretty good with women that I'm amazed he would decide this is the one hen would most public with. It's all down to self respect, and he clearly has none and she has low self esteem to boot.

Anyway all three of us go to a busy shopping centre yesterday, she wants to get a present for him, and says me and Syberpunk will go get something that reminds her of him, anyway I want to get this over and done with as quickly as possible, we start walking....she hooks her arm around with me leaning into me, and suddenly I have the eyes of that place looking at her and then looking at me hooked to her.

It was mortifying, why would you as a man who is already lower self esteem ,want someone like her to send you lower and confirm to world that this is the best you can do? This is not being secure in yourself mate, this is a sign of no self worth or respect.

How much would you have to hate yourself, how lonely would you have to be?
I thought I hated myself during my illness, but never in my wildest dreams did I think "this would make it better"

This guy has had it rough and....yet is middle class. His father died very young, the now obese mother got remarried to a great man, who died also only recently. I feel there is an oedipal complex going on here, he is surrounded by women (his mother included) who are into and practice new age therapies like homeopathy and reiki, and who use them as a form of hamstering from actually doing the ONE DAMN THING that would actually improve their health: lose massive amounts of weight.

That would be real struggle.

This recent girlfriend of his constantly talking about her ex boyfriends and her sexual deeds with them in front and its so classless and disgusting. I couldn't imagine my mother telling my dad about all the deeds done by her previous boyfriends (in front of others), a sure sign culture is degenerated. Signs of low self esteem here.

She said "me and Syberpunk's friend are open books".

Open books in the modern world usually stands for "we have no shame, I will eat anything, no boundaries, we have accepted our way of being and talk about as if has the same objective value as health"

"I must tell people about this otherwise I have to keep it quiet and that would lead to shame. And real shame leads to massive change"

Rather than turn fat to muscle, we turn shame to "experience and virtue"

She has the smile of a devious cheshire cat that can't believe what she bagged relative to her, maybe that's why she holding on to me in the shopping centre "This is great Syberpunk, I'm living the fantasy, because my weight makes me repulsive, now I don't have to do the work I thought I would have to do, thanks to bagging a thirsty guy".

And if she is big now, won't she be bigger later?

Can he not see this?

The truth is they hate hard work more than they hate being fat, they haven't decided the following in every waking moment, do they want to be more: more human or more animal?

My friends, Learn solitude, learn yourself, learn shame, protect your body and the ideas that protect that body like a fortress repels invasion. Nothing gets in as you lose weight. Nothing.

bucky

Pelican
scorpion said:
I had one of those once. Looked cute in her pics, seemed like we had a lot in common, looked about 80 pounds heavier than her pics IRL. The worst thing is that we went to a pretty happening cafe in a college town on the date and literally every other girl in the place was thin and ranged from cute to stunning. Like you say, it was a soul crushing, disheartening experience.

flyinghorse

Woodpecker
Syberpunk said:
scorpion said:
Serendipity that I found this post. I have pondering replying to this post all day.

My once thin now lardass friend that was doing very well on keto that I introduced him to, until UNTIL he got himself a lardass girlfriend recently. To be frank, I was fucking mortified that this guy who has got good looking women in the past now has this dumpy thing waddling around. He's a private guy, but he's pretty good with women that I'm amazed he would decide this is the one hen would most public with. It's all down to self respect, and he clearly has none and she has low self esteem to boot.

Anyway all three of us go to a busy shopping centre yesterday, she wants to get a present for him, and says me and Syberpunk will go get something that reminds her of him, anyway I want to get this over and done with as quickly as possible, we start walking....she hooks her arm around with me leaning into me, and suddenly I have the eyes of that place looking at her and then looking at me hooked to her.

It was mortifying, why would you as a man who is already lower self esteem ,want someone like her to send you lower and confirm to world that this is the best you can do? This is not being secure in yourself mate, this is a sign of no self worth or respect.

I thought I hated myself during my illness, but never in my wildest dreams did I think "this would make it better"

This guy has had it rough and....yet is middle class. His father died very young, the now obese mother got remarried to a great man, who died also only recently. I feel there is an oedipal complex going on here, he is surrounded by women (his mother included) who are into and practice new age therapies like homeopathy and reiki, and who use them as a form of hamstering from actually doing the ONE DAMN THING that would actually improve their health: lose massive amounts of weight.

This recent girlfriend of his constantly talking about her ex boyfriends and her sexual deeds with them in front and its so classless and disgusting. I couldn't imagine my mother telling my dad about all the deeds done by her previous boyfriends (in front of others), a sure sign culture is degenerated. Signs of low self esteem here.

Open books in the modern world usually stands for "we have no shame, I will eat anything, no boundaries, we have accepted our way of being and talk about as if has the same objective value as health"

"I must tell people about this otherwise I have to keep it quiet and that would lead to shame. And real shame leads to massive change"

She has the smile of a devious cheshire cat that can't believe what she bagged relative to her, maybe that's why she holding on to me in the shopping centre "This is great Syberpunk, I'm living the fantasy, because my weight makes me repulsive, now I don't have to do the work I thought I would have to do, thanks to bagging a thirsty guy".

Can he not see this?

The truth is they hate hard work more than they hate being fat, they haven't decided the following in every waking moment, do they want to be more: more human or more animal?

My friends, Learn solitude, learn yourself, learn shame, protect your body and the ideas that protect that body like a fortress repels invasion. Nothing gets in as you lose weight. Nothing.
Some of us men prefer fat women.

Is he one of them?

Dating a fat woman if you find it hot is fine. Its tragic for the men who hate fat women and then settle for them because that's all they are worth.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
flyinghorse said:
Syberpunk said:
scorpion said:

Can he not see this?

Some of us men prefer fat women.

Is he one of them?

Dating a fat woman if you find it hot is fine. Its tragic for the men who hate fat women and then settle for them because that's all they are worth.
The women he constantly points out to me as hot, are anything but wide. e,g Alicia Vikander. This is actually one of the reasons it annoys me, if he is not willing to aim for it, he should at least shut up about what he never attempt to get. He's not aligned/aiming in direction with with what he likes.

I.E time talk about the type women he can get, as opposed to those media fantasies, don't go on about them.

It's as bad as listening to a fat feminist drooling endlessly over Henry Cavill, either show some evidence you're landing something in a higher quality or shut up about you highfalutin fantasy.

I hate talkers, most of the guys I knew when younger who talk endlessly and drool about women and what they do to them, would usually would turn up with subpar women , and the lone wolf men who almost seemed sexless would wow everybody with their sudden girlfriends. They were steady consistent, almost glacial chasers and just went about it without a word.

The talkers rarely do, and the doers rarely talk until all is accomplished.

This bizarre 1979 video is from a group who called themselves The Fat Underground -- a play on The Weather Underground. Some of what they say is true -- The dieting industry deceives people and lots of modern food is unhealthy. I understand that some of their experiences are deeply painful, like overhearing doctors talk about how they are disgusted by your body before they examine you for rape. But this group's conclusion is to give up. They say "It's your body's nature to be fat." It's funny when the lady says, "When you see a fat woman on the beach, I demand that you turn around and look at her thighs!" The video has a cult-like, goofy, sad quality.

Two professors at a midwestern university are working to develop and legitimize the field of “fat studies,” a discipline that examines the cultural and sociological phenomenon of overweight and obese human beings.

Their website, “Two Fat Professors,” declares that the academics are “fighting fatphobia with education, community-building and a lot of sass.”

In October, meanwhile, Thoune, heralding the possible rise of a fat-based “revolution,” urged readers to rally in part against “flyers for weight loss” and “getting ‘healthy’ messaging” on campus.

Stoll wrote about discovering doctors who have “weight-inclusive” practices.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/meet-the-two-professors-leading-the-way-in-fat-studies/
https://www.twofatprofessors.com/

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
^^^^^ Two "doctors" talking about being fat. Neither is a medical doctor and neither is telling people being fat is unhealthy. BOTH have respected positions on campus and spend their days poisoning kids' minds.

Dr. Darci is an Associate Professor of English and the First-Year Writing Program Coordinator at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. She earned her Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition from the University of Louisville. Her areas of specialization include: Writing Program Administration, Composition Pedagogy and Assessment, Fat Studies, Gender Studies, Queer Studies, and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).

Dr. Laurie is Professor of Sociology at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. She earned her Ph.D. and graduate concentration in Women's and Gender Studies from Loyola University Chicago. She specializes in social inequalities in education, gendered violence, and fat studies. She is the author of two books, "Race and Gender in the Classroom," winner of the 2015 Distinguished Contribution to Scholarship Book Award from the Race, Gender, and Class Section of the American Sociological Association, and "Should Schools Be Colorblind?"

telling obese people they’re perfectly healthy is just ritual humiliation of those dumb enough to believe it.

like basically everything else the “experts” in the media say.

“trump works for putin”

“healthy at any size”

you realize they’re mocking you right?

Don't know if this was already posted, but it's an absolute classic. She's not a scale breaker like others in this thread but props to the lad. Takes one second to himself, then realizes what must be done.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Lazuli Waves said:

Their website, “Two Fat Professors,” declares that the academics are “fighting fatphobia with education, community-building and a lot of sass.”
https://www.thecollegefix.com/meet-the-two-professors-leading-the-way-in-fat-studies/
https://www.twofatprofessors.com/
Personally I'm doing studies into the possibility that "sass" is a chemical byproduct of necrotic organs killed by obesity. The correlation between obesity and sass is anecdotally clear but I need more data to prove it conclusively.

kel

Kingfisher
I think the fat acceptance push is kinda like the transgender push - it's intentionally ridiculous because elites are pushing disinformation to a new level. Just as everyone knows the dude in a dress is a dude in a dress, everyone knows the 300 pound hamplanet who can't stand under her own power is not healthy. But, we'll enforce speech codes so you can't say otherwise (and thought codes so that you feel bad for even thinking otherwise). We'll compel the entire populace to lie, to deny the obvious truth that's right before their eyes, to demoralize them. When even the most basic of realities can't be spoken, and lying to yourself and everyone else about simple observable facts is your daily habit, what can't you be compelled to do?

https://www.insidehighered.com/advi...g-weight-based-discrimination-academe-opinion

The Elephant in the Room: A Fat Woman in Academe

By Bobbi Reidinger
January 17, 2020

Therefore, when a fat professor makes their fatness salient inside the classroom, their fatness overrides their educational and occupational statuses, as students interpret this information as coming from an unreliable source. As a professor’s weight becomes salient inside the classroom, they become perceived as an insincere communicator and therefore less credible.

I was armed with this knowledge when I gave my first lecture on fatness. I remember walking into the room knowing that my presence made students uncomfortable and that the very nature of my lecture would increase their unease. I had had numerous conversations with my peers and professors about how I could be credible inside the classroom. I spent hours thinking about how I could talk with students and know that, at least to some, I would be thought of as credible and competent.

One colleague, a white man, asked me why I was so worried. Why was I spending time thinking about how to be perceived as competent, when I should be able to walk into the room and be afforded the title? In further discussions with that colleague, he told me that it would be easiest to just address the elephant in the room. Instead of trying to prove my competence despite my weight, I decided to prove my competence using it.

In that lecture, and almost every initial lecture I give on weight now, I started class by having students tell me everything that society thinks about fat people. I introduced myself as a fat woman. I made my weight as salient as possible. I still encounter students who tell me that my confidence is insincere because true confidence is an impossibility for fat people. Or students who tell me about the latest diet or medical procedure and how it could help me. Even though I have these encounters repeatedly, I also have students who show increased interest in the subject matter, who tell me they brought up information from class in other courses and how my openness has allowed them to confront biases they hold. I am also frequently thanked by my students of size for discussing and giving validity to issues they encounter daily.

Fat academics need to be more vocal in calls for increased structural accessibility such as larger desks or substitutions for tables and chairs, greater ease in access to elevators, and more. Yet in addition to structural changes that campuses could make to help people of size be more comfortable -- such as providing larger bathrooms, chairs without arms and larger auditorium seating -- we need to discuss more techniques to combat stigma within classrooms.

I use multiple strategies to neutralize stigma in my classrooms. One that has proved effective for me is bringing up weight intentionally. For example, when emphasizing intersectionality, I go beyond race, class and gender by including weight. When discussing health-care disparities, I bring in research that demonstrates that stigmatization leads to poorer health outcomes. I’ve found that inserting clear examples of how discrimination can be exacerbated by fatness can aid in normalizing discussions of fat bodies inside the classroom.

Bio:

Bobbi Reidinger is a self-identified fat woman and doctoral candidate at Kent State University. Her current work focuses on the impact of weight on status and power and has been funded by the National Science Foundation.
The author:
[attachment=42958]

Attachments

kel

Kingfisher
Poor adjunct. Academia is famously discriminatory towards physically unfit people. Nothing but healthy, well-adjusted, emotionally stable and intellectually talented people allowed within the hallowed walls of the ivory tower.

Rush87

Ostrich
scorpion said:
I've had that happen before. Decided to go on a date with someone who appeared to be a solid 7 in photos. We planned to meet at an agreed upon location for a few drinks and a light meal. Met her and it wasn't just the size (Yes, she was chubbier than in photos) but her head... It was a different person. Maybe even a different ethnicity. I know if I squinted hard enough and my vision became blurry maybe, just maybe I could see some resemblance to the photos - A cousin who got the shit side of the genetic stick perhaps.

So, I'm probably a bit too empathetic and couldn't bring myself to ditch her, so I had to bide my time until an excuse to leave became feasible. I figured we would go for a drink, then I'd plan a call saying my roommate was locked out. Anyway, everything went to plan but dear God; The walk to the bar and the subsequent time at the bar made my skin crawl. I felt like everyone was staring (No one was), I was getting grumpier by the second just having to put on a polite face and I was disgusted at even the thought of touching her. Long story short, I agree - How any man, with any degree of value can suck it up and date such low hanging fruit, let alone marry them, let alone sleep with them I'll never know.​

Horus

Ostrich
Gold Member
Thai Airways staff got out a measuring tape to quantify the mass of these curvaceous Maori ladies' badankadonks, before confirming they were too spacious even for business class. This left them feeling "traumatised." God bless the Thais.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12303332

An Auckland woman and her two daughters were left traumatised after staff from Thai Airways said they were "too big" to sit in business class.

Huhana Iripa, 59, and her daughters Renell, 28, and Tere, 37, were accosted with measuring tapes ahead of their Bangkok to Auckland flight, with crew stating seatbelts in the high-end section of the aircraft would not reach to fit around them.

The daughters has been in Thailand for weight loss surgery and had each paid $2650 for the flights, including the business-class seats for the way back to ensure greater comfort.

Iripa said the experience was "horrific" and feels she and her family have been discriminated against because of their body shapes, which at the time ranged from a size 22-26.

"We were utterly humiliated in front of all the other passengers. We went up to business class check-in and the member of staff on the desk looked at us and said 'sorry you can't'.

"The next thing, there were about five members of staff all around talking in their native language, shaking their heads and looking at us as if we'd committed a crime.

"A staff member then came forward and started saying 'no, you're too big, you're too big'.

"She then pulled out a measuring tape and wrapped it around my daughter Renell, moving her arms outstretched, before trying to do the same to me and Tere.

"At this point, I broke down in tears.

"Everyone was just standing staring at us. The whole thing was disgusting."

The trio were moved to three economy seats.

Thai Airways have denied Auckland women first-class seats on flight because of their weight.

Social worker Iripa had gone to Thailand to support her two daughters.

She said their original economy seats to Bangkok with Thai Airways had gone smoothly, but their return flight home saw them refused the business-class seats they had paid for.

"We had all been so excited to fly first class and hadn't thought there would be any issues, as we'd never had them on flights before," Iripa said.

"I've never felt discriminated against before because of my size, so this experience left me completely in shock."

After the ordeal, Iripa and her daughters complained and were offered a meeting with two representatives from Thai Airways.

The family asked for a full refund of their business-class seats, but were offered only the difference between the economy and business-class price which amounted to $1250.

The airline apologised and offered $450 in compensation, but Iripa and her daughters believed this wasn't enough and requested the full balance of the tickets as recompense.

"For their rudeness, their disrespect and the trauma of what they put us through, how could they identify that price as compensation?" she said.

After being contacted by the Herald, Flight Centre – the travel agency the family had booked through - offered a full refund of their tickets.

Thai Airways made headlines in 2018 with stories about the airline banning "fat people". It came after they disallowed those with waists bigger than 56 inches to fly in their new Dreamliner 787-900 business-class seats – the aircraft type the Iripa family were travelling on.

The seatbelts have airbags in them, which they say cannot be extended for safety reasons.

Despite this, Iripa was not told at the time of booking with Flight Centre that plus-size passengers would not be accommodated in business class.

Flight Centre general manager product Victoria Courtney said: "I was shocked to hear of Huhana's experience. We have apologised to her directly and refunded her in full.

"We are now reviewing our processes to ensure this doesn't happen again."

Thai Airways International New Zealand spokesman Wayne Cochrane said: "The new 787-900 Dreamliner aircraft used on flights between New Zealand and Thailand is fitted with integrated airbag seatbelts in business class.

"The extension seatbelt normally used to accommodate oversize passengers cannot be fitted to the airbag seatbelts; therefore passengers not able to fit the standard airbag seatbelt cannot be carried in business class.

"As this issue involves passenger safety, I am sure you will understand that we cannot compromise on this."