Fat people thread

kel

Pelican
Empowering fat women while fat men are completely and utterly invisible.

It would shine quite a light to this silliness if fat men mirrored the fat acceptance movement using the same platitudes and virtue signals of the female fat acceptance movement. Unfortunately they're so medicated and sedated by tech and entertainment that there's nothing to be done with this lost generation.
The fat acceptance movement is utterly tied up in feminist bullshit, and exists because it's a taboo that affects women.

"Body positivity" will never apply to things that either don't apply to women (baldness, penis size) or aren't taboo for women (shortness), even if those things are actual, immutable states of being and, one would think, more worthy of "acceptance", as opposed to fatness which is easily preventable and has a thousands benefits well beyond just not being seen as an ugly failure by the opposite sex (or same sex for that matter).

Fatness is a character flaw, and feminism is all about making women's character flaws into stunning and brave statements.

kel

Pelican
It's true, the worst dietary habits have been promoted for ages, from the decades of the food pyramid telling people to eat lots of bread and pasta to now the rapidly changing "health" trends that take up lots of time and brain space and just leave you exhausted and miserable and still fat, it is a fraught landscape. It's sad, because at base it's really easy.

acco

Woodpecker
Fat people are not wanted in this hotel

"I want a designer hotel, so I want nice furniture - not so oaky brutal." This says Angelika Hargesheimer, owner of the Beachhotel Sahlenburg in Cuxhaven, northern Germany. The interior is accordingly: noble, thin, varnished wooden chairs and expensive, old but freshly upholstered sofas. Simply noble at first sight. "For reasons of liability, we expressly point out that the interior of our hotel is not suitable for people with a body weight of more than 130 kg (287 lb)“, it says unmistakably on the hotel's booking pages.

She personally finds the sight of fat people discriminatory, she says. Her hotel should be different from others.

"I know when I'm fat that something is wrong. And not everyone has thyroid problems," she says. She herself has a hypothyroidism. "So what? Then I still have to follow my diet and I can't let myself go the way I want to.“

Lazuli Waves

Woodpecker

Obesity is not defined by one’s weight or size, but by whether a person’s body fat impairs their health, according to new clinical guidelines for managing the condition.

“It’s not about the amount of body fat, it’s not about where the body fat is. It’s not about the type of body fat,” said Arya Sharma, scientific director of Obesity Canada and one of the more than 60 authors. “It’s just a very, very simple question. And that is: Does this person’s body fat or excess body fat affect their health? If it does, we’ve got obesity. If it doesn’t, we just have a large person with a lot of body fat.”
There might be some large athletes that look obese, like some strongmen, who are probably healthier than most people. But the vast majority of large people got that way because of our society, bad foods, lack of exercise, depression, not being taught right, developing bad habits, etc.

JayR

Woodpecker
Can you guys pray for me. I need to lose at least 60 pounds.
God helps those who help themselves.

Try a plant-based, oil-free diet for 30 days while drinking nothing but water during that period, plus walking 10,000 steps per day if you are able, and I predict you will be well on your way to your goal.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I recently went on a date with a beautiful woman. Met her on an internet site, we had a good back and forth. The date went well, but I have to admit I have a bit of a gut and felt like I catfished her a little with my old pics just from 1-2 years ago. We might go out again, not sure yet, but it gave me some motivation to get back in shape in spite of corona.

Also - saw today that they are eliminating BMI as a measuring tool of weight in schools. All the kids are fat, and getting FATTER. We have a health crisis.

I recently went on a date with a beautiful woman. Met her on an internet site, we had a good back and forth. The date went well, but I have to admit I have a bit of a gut and felt like I catfished her a little with my old pics just from 1-2 years ago. We might go out again, not sure yet, but it gave me some motivation to get back in shape in spite of corona.

Also - saw today that they are eliminating BMI as a measuring tool of weight in schools. All the kids are fat, and getting FATTER. We have a health crisis.

I hear you on the weight gain. “Coronavirus” really threw a monkey wrench to my exercise routine by making the governor of this state close gyms, even to this day. During the first few months, I really ate more than I should’ve and it led to weight gain, on top of virtually losing my muscle mass. However, this experience has taught me to control my appetite, especially since I can’t go burn off 500+ calories by lifting. I’ve started to eat on a caloric deficit, as well as take walks, hikes etc.

I depended too much on the gym in the past in order to burn off calories that I shouldn’t have been eating in the first place. It made me blind to my eating habits, but now I am more wiser so at least health wise, one good thing came out of this.

I might be unique, but I was very underweight (after months/years of effort I put on 45 lbs and now I'm normal weight). I believe for someone like me (with a small appetite) gaining weight was harder than it is for most folks to lose weight. My stomach was upset alot and I had to power through stomach pains many times just to hit my calorie marks.

If you consume more calories than you burn off, you gain weight (if you burn more, you lose weight). Japanese women don't exercise much but are often thin because of their calorie intake. My advice for anyone to lose weight: eat healthy low calorie foods. In addition...After fasting for several days, I've also learned to be sometimes okay with being hungry.

I believe in all the folks here that want to lose weight, it's simple but also WELL worth it. You'll feel so much better and much more confident (like I did when i gained weight). It's a shame the globohomos promote the fat movement garbage, but luckily none of us buy into that.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
Reading the fat shaming thread while eating full fat sour-cream, with some raspberries added for flavour and antioxidants, in order to get to my caloric target for the day. (365 calories per 100 grams/ml in this stuff) I guess there`s some irony there somewhere. It`s a little trick that I learned from Dominic D`agostino. In that way I can adjust the caloric intake in a few minutes at the end of my 8 hour eating window easily. 1000 calories in 2-3 minutes is quite doable then.

The only time period in my life that I had a weight issue was when I was still consuming pizza, pasta and pastries as a staple of my diet. When you switch to a higher fat diet, and I prefer a Paleo type keto diet, you often will get the opposite problem. I`m out there looking for calories to consume. Stick with approximately 50 grams of carbs a day. And I think that getting some fibre and phytonutrients is quite important. I`m not a fan of the strict carnivore diet. Then I would say about 20-25 percent protein. That`s a modified ketogenic diet, but one that is still proven to promote fat oxidation and hepatic ketogenesis, Which is what were looking for. That would be about 100-150 grams of protein per day for most guys.

I think that with this diet, it`s impossible to gain weight. (unless you really force it) The neuro-regulation of appetite will function like it`s supposed to, and the signalling in terms of hormones and neurotransmitters will not allow you to overeat. Fasting is also very easy to accomplish with this diet, when you are first fat adapted. That`s simply due to the fact that you are already burning fat for fuel. So the hunger signal will be much weaker. Your brain has all the energy/ATP it needs in other words. In fact it has more than with a sugar heavy diet. You still feel hunger, but you can go very long without eating, and it will not be bothersome at all.

Last edited: