Fat people thread

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox
I was chubby once, about 73 kg and height of 180 cm.

I lost about 14 kg within a few months by doing a few simple things - stopped drinking any type of soda, no doughnuts, and switched from American fastfood to Asian.

Meaning, no hamburgers, fries or pizza. Instead I would buy any Asian (but not Chinese) foodcourt meals such as rice with meat and veggies, always refusing any extra sauce they would offer, this with a glass of water.

Within about 6 months I went from 73 kg to 69.
I meant 83 kg, not 73.

Bird

Pelican
Morbidly obese feminist Virgie Tovar argues that asking for a smaller portion of cake is fatphobic, misogynist, and enforcing patriarchy.

All you need to know is this: CRFI

Bildschirmfoto-zu-2021-08-05-15-15-48.png

Seeker79

Kingfisher
Aaron Clarey did an excellent video titled "I hate fat people". I'm a fan of Aaron's but I need to correct him on a few things. He was quick to point out that Red States have a lot of fat people living in them. While that is true don't think that blue states are much better. I live in New England and believe me there are plenty of fat people here. Plenty. In fact, where I live if you're in shape and thin you're the minority.

Perhaps there were reasons in the past that made for fatness to be more prevalent in Red States, but, I don't think you can make that case anymore. This is one part modernity, one part easy access to food, one part abundance of food, one part the kinds of food available, but, most of all is this due to the new mentality that encourages people to be fat. We're literally a nation that believes fat is healthy. Pardon, that obesity is healthy. Eating is one of those endorphin-inducing activities that is hard to ignore. The abundance of food is certainly a factor, but, a far greater factor is the culture's outright submission to this impulse.

At any rate, this appeals to everyone regardless of politics and there are very fat and gross people here in liberal Massachusetts.
The stats don’t lie, red and lower income areas have higher obesity rates. Blue cities are the skinniest. They maybe educated liberals but they’re skinnier on average in the cities.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Fat is fat and it's unhealthy, doesn't matter what your societal standing is. I think the differentiation is that weirdo city liberals want to be proud of it like it's normal while Bobby Joe down deep in the heart of Texas doesn't care what you or anyone else thinks.

Aloha50

Sparrow
Regional differences in fat folk are an interesting topic to which I have some thoughts. First lets observe Hawaii which has years been deemed the healthiest and fittest state in the union. Why is that? It's not do to the native Hawaiian population as they skew toward obese. Hawaii with its climate allows for year round outdoor exercise which is good, but I think mainly it's combination of an asian population that is almost all trim and the whites and others that emigrate to Hawaii largely do so to pursue a healthy active life so that skews healthy and post move makes them even more so.

I come from a coastal beach town in Southern Cal, a similar demo is seen here. Mainly, active, healthy, better looking people (on average) who will pay extra to live in a smaller domicile close to the beach and its corresponding temperate climate (conducive for outdoor activity). But, go a bit inland and you see a different Californian, one who skews fatter and not as concerned about weight and fitness and more about enjoying the pleasure of consuming food. This last point I think it key to understanding red state conservative fats. In those states, they largely have little desire to keep fit. They are not addicted to their appearance as more worldly coastal people are, and really don't have the option of pursuing year round outdoor sports that require a certain level of fitness to participate. For example, I'm 50 and weigh what I did when I was 21 (6', 172 lbs). Motivation to stay fit is mainly to surf at a high level which demands I keep weight off. For health as well and a little vanity - if being honest. Average midwest conservative Christian (real or nominal) who's 40 lbs over weight would probably like to lose the extra lbs, but motivation to do so is just not there and besides he looks just like everybody else. And even if he wanted to, everywhere he goes bad food consumption is normal and expected and how do you exercise when it's 20 degrees in Winter and 95 and humid in Summer. Yes, there are gyms and many use them no doubt but lacks appeal to many. Also, Evangelicalism doesn't put a premium or demand on fasting or the fact that gluttony is a sin. If it did, this would accrue great benefit to many who are Evangelical or non denominational (majority of red state folk).

The proliferation of fast food and high calorie low nutritional super market garbage food has decimated the health of much of America. As in many cultures, food is a big deal and important part of the social fabric of a community - shared meals with family and friends. In much of America, the shared 'meal' will be something like this: chicken fried steak (fried in vegetable oil of course), mashed potatoes, corn, plenty of bread and soda for drink. Death meal pretty much. The same death meal is largely consumed when eating out as well. Now think of a family dinner in Italy, likely all local healthy, local ingredients. You can almost over eat and still not gain weight.

Regarding the blue cities, think of who inhabits them. First you have a large homo population who is obsessed with appearance and so not fat. Then consider the young post graduate worker in the cities. He\She is usually high energy looking to climb the corporate ladder and like the homo but to a lesser degree is concerned with appearance (although it appears this is changing with young people in their 20's....fat not so bad with them). Anyway, these are not fat folk by and large. The indigenous (ahem) city population definitely skews fatter.

Seeker79

Kingfisher
Bottom line, fat is fat. Even if you are "phat," you're still fat. Whether you're a soyguzzling troon or a based anarcho-libertarian Waco lover, if you're fat, you're fat. The arteries are clogged just the same. The livers are packed with cirrhosis inducing fatty liver disease just the same. Sleeping with a CPAP machine won't put enough oxygen in their diabetes choked bird brain. No stylish mumu can hide it, and no magazine endorsemed fat acceptance movement can bend the laws of nature. Fat is fat. So it goes.

unit414

Robin
I live in a fatty state. I am considered skinny by all, at 6 ft., 175 lbs. In the military I was a stud, right up until I got out in my young 30s. I was about 160 lbs. People described me as wiry, fit, assumed I played sports, etc. Except being older and only 15 lbs heavier, I'm really not *that* different now (physique). But now I am surrounded by fatties, and the only adjective I ever hear describing me is "skinny."

Many of the fatties here I consider to be an assault on my eyes. Some of the women are cartoonishly misshapen. Many of the black women are just shocking from the waist down.

Last edited:

Batman_

Kingfisher
I'm starting to find a newfound hatred for overweight people. Not morbidly obese; they clearly have given up on life and probably have deep seated trauma/mental illness. No, I'm talking about the people who need to lose, say, 20-60 lbs to be at an acceptable weight. In this I also include the "skinnyfat" types who are 5'8 140lbs but have a 34" waist and a jiggly midsection.

These people act like they are perfectly normal and society does not consider their high body fat % to be a problem. They in fact occupy the bulk of the obesity epidemic by skewing the numbers so strongly, and they are painfully common and typical. These people need to be criticized too, and realize that they too are making poor lifestyle choices that are simply not acceptable.

Last edited:
The diet/fitness/medical industries have fed (no pun intended) us so much misinformations for decades.

It must be devastating for fat individuals who get taken in by promises of results that rarely happen; in fact, a lot of times their situation becomes worse than before. I don't know what's it's like to put in all that work to lose weight, only to have it guaranteed to blow back up more the next time (yoyo dieting cycle becomes unavoidable).

I have no need to degrade random people about their excessive carriage, nor to try to pound them down when their self-esteem is already so far gone (which leads to more binge eating and loss of motivation).

However, my beef is with those Fativists oinkers who are trying to bring in government legislation that will force me 'up' to their level. If you're happy being unhealthy, fine; but don't shoot your mouths off with 'fatphobic' protests and other such nonsense, just because I have the knowledge of how to keep my body (and mind) functioning optimally and also the self-discipline to apply that knowledge. In addition, you flab-pride freaks are making it much harder for me to help the fat people who actually are looking for real solutions, who are willing to put in the work - but feeling hopeless, as they don't yet know what to do anymore (after being misled by the mainstream for so long). Saying you want to "stop discrimination" is just codespeak for wanting to stop the spread of facts; because every motivated fat person that becomes informed (true empowerment) and subsequently turns their health around is a punch in the face to you lazy-ass Fativists.

Just because you have a fattitude problem, don't demand the world to conform to your lack of humilty.

kel

Ostrich
Aaron Clarey did an excellent video titled "I hate fat people". I'm a fan of Aaron's but I need to correct him on a few things. He was quick to point out that Red States have a lot of fat people living in them. While that is true don't think that blue states are much better. I live in New England and believe me there are plenty of fat people here. Plenty. In fact, where I live if you're in shape and thin you're the minority.

Perhaps there were reasons in the past that made for fatness to be more prevalent in Red States, but, I don't think you can make that case anymore. This is one part modernity, one part easy access to food, one part abundance of food, one part the kinds of food available, but, most of all is this due to the new mentality that encourages people to be fat. We're literally a nation that believes fat is healthy. Pardon, that obesity is healthy. Eating is one of those endorphin-inducing activities that is hard to ignore. The abundance of food is certainly a factor, but, a far greater factor is the culture's outright submission to this impulse.

At any rate, this appeals to everyone regardless of politics and there are very fat and gross people here in liberal Massachusetts.
I remember years ago there was laughter on Reddit about some conservative group complaining that the movie Wall-E was nihlistic or anti-human in depicting humanity as heading towards technology-enabled sloth and gluttony. The jokes were generally of the variety of "Republicans see fat people in a cartoon and immediately get offended that people must be mocking Republicans". I think about that from time to time, and how now the tables would likely be turned, with liberals mad that fatness is being presented as a negative thing at all, that weight and strength correlates with diet or physical activity, that the human existence presented in the movie is something to avoid rather than embrace as the "gay luxury space communism" the progressive left believes is coming.

Seeker79

Kingfisher
The diet/fitness/medical industries have fed (no pun intended) us so much misinformations for decades.
Remember the old food pyramid that put carbs at the base? This misinformation on carbs combined with "fat free" marketing really messed up people's understanding of a healthy diet. "But I'm following the food pyramid!" Turns out that getting a third of your calories from healthy fats is good for you. And carbs turn into body fat faster than ingested fat. Go figure.

Hannibal

Ostrich
Gold Member
Remember the old food pyramid that put carbs at the base? This misinformation on carbs combined with "fat free" marketing really messed up people's understanding of a healthy diet. "But I'm following the food pyramid!" Turns out that getting a third of your calories from healthy fats is good for you. And carbs turn into body fat faster than ingested fat. Go figure.
The real kicker is that they say you only need a deck of cards sized portion of meat a day, which is hilariously untrue.

Yeah I too would slam 3k calories a day in pasta, bread, rice, cake whatever if I thought a quarter pounder was all the protein I needed.

ScannerLIV

Woodpecker
I'm sure people know carbs are bad, but fats- depends.

People believe olive oil is safe and good-but actually clot your arteries for hours post consumption. Coconut oil ditto. They may have some benefits if consumed regularly, say for a month or two per year. Coconut oil is great for those with gut parasites such as canadia.

In the other hand-people are afraid of beef or butter due to saturated fat resulring in increased risks of certain cancers or increased cholesterol-the former not without merit and the latter without understanding different types of cholesterol and optimal ratio.

Batman_

Kingfisher
I'm sure people know carbs are bad, but fats- depends.

People believe olive oil is safe and good-but actually clot your arteries for hours post consumption. Coconut oil ditto. They may have some benefits if consumed regularly, say for a month or two per year. Coconut oil is great for those with gut parasites such as canadia.

In the other hand-people are afraid of beef or butter due to saturated fat resulring in increased risks of certain cancers or increased cholesterol-the former not without merit and the latter without understanding different types of cholesterol and optimal ratio.

Olive oil and coconut oil aren't that bad for you compared to almost all other vegetable oils, such as soybean, corn, canola, etc. Olive/coconut oil are at least very minimally processed compared to most others.

Last I checked, trans fats and oleic acids were the worst types of fats by far, though I'm largely unfamiliar with the latter.

And on the 2nd point, saturated fat is literally a macronutrient along with cholesterol, and yet people have the exact opposite perspective.