Fat people thread

TCOCBR18

Robin
Orthodox
Talking to some of my friends with young adult children and it’s crazy how the Gen Z’s are so lazy they don’t even go thru fast food drive-thurs lines anymore but order Doordash and pay rediculous delivery costs for crap food. $15-20 for McDonalds or BKings to your door. There a serious problem that is ruining both health and finances of our next generation.
Yes, this is absolutely true. I recently got out of college, and also there was a short time when I worked as a driver for one of those delivery companies, and my goodness, it's absolutely incredible how popular they are. This is one of the newer cultural developments; I would say they started to grow in the late 2010s but absolutely skyrocketed in the pandemic era. These days, fast food restaurants are usually almost empty; everyone is ordering delivery or at the least using the drive-thru. And because of the delivery apps, and rising prices as well, it is now totally normal to spend ~20 dollars on a fast food meal just for one person.

TCOCBR18

Robin
Orthodox
Well I hate to break this to you but physical health determines phycological health. Brain inflammation caused by leaky gut and unstable blood sugar lead to impulsive behavior, depression and anxiety. Take a look at the carnivore thread or reddit pages for how many of these things miraculously disappear (often within days) when people stop ingesting toxins. It's much easier to be disciplined and plan ahead when you can actually get a good nights sleep, aren't suffering from brain fog and can think clearly.
I am unfortunately pretty fat. I have been trying to battle against it recently, with varying degrees of success. But I noticed you mentioned a good night's sleep. Does a poor diet make you sleep poorly? I ask because I recently tried a full water-fast for a day, and found that I slept better than I had in a long time, whereas on days when I maintain my usually poor diet, I consistently sleep poorly.

2 Right Hands

Woodpecker
Catholic
I am unfortunately pretty fat. I have been trying to battle against it recently, with varying degrees of success. But I noticed you mentioned a good night's sleep. Does a poor diet make you sleep poorly? I ask because I recently tried a full water-fast for a day, and found that I slept better than I had in a long time, whereas on days when I maintain my usually poor diet, I consistently sleep poorly.
I find that not leaving enough of a fasting window in your 24-hour day affects my sleep quite a lot. What I mean by that, is to try and maintain the same period between the last meal of your day and the first meal of your next day. Some swear by the 16-8 formula, which translates to 8 hours between your first and last meal and 16 hours between the last meal and the next day's first meal. I wouldn't start with that though as this is going to be pretty hard at first but 14-10 should be doable. I for example try to eat my breakfast at 10am and have my last meal at 6pm. I am not religious about it, of course, but it's good to try and work out such eating habit.
Obviously, it should all be followed by eating better (switching to meat based diet always makes wonders for me) , snacking less (cutting out any or most sweets), being sensible about alcohol intake, etc.

Yeah it can affect sleep for sure:

1) Unstable blood sugar - your blood sugar drops while you're asleep, so your body releases cortisol which wakes you up but you may not even remember it.
2) Being fat in general - obstructive sleep apnea from restriction of the airway
3) Food sensitivities - can cause inflammation of the sinus/airway and excess mucus production restricting airflow. Eating wheat absolutely fucks my sleep. I was watching a Bret Weinstein podcast and he mentioned about wheat giving him numb hands when he is asleep - I get the same thing which I think is down to breathing slowing way down so less blood/oxygen makes it to the extremities.

If you're waking up feeling unrefreshed in the morning maybe worth experimenting with an elimination diet or keto/carnivore for a month

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
media%2FFRKs_HQXMAAqW7t.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall

2 Right Hands

Woodpecker
Catholic
What would you say about fish and seafood?
It's also good and I personally like fish quite a lot. I don't go full carnivore (but if you can do that then good for you) but I try to eat as little as possible bread and potatos or rice (carbs) with my breakfast and dinner and replace it with... bigger meat portions. I must admit that I miss bread the most, potatos and rice not so much so my usual breakfast is cottage cheese or kefir with a slice of bread or bagel. I also try to stick to two meals a day, the second one being a big dinner at around 6pm which consists of some cooked or fried meat (or fish) and vegetables. In between meals, I try not to snack but if I really must, I try to stick to meat (protein) based snacks such as beef jerky or smoked/dried sausages (Polish kabanos is great for this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabanos). If you struggle with sweets, try swapping any chocolate based ones with dried fruit/nut/seed/honey bars or at least going for dark chocolate first. I think it's important to find products which taste good enough for you.

It's not easy at first, as your mind is telling you you're missing something (but that's always the case when you try to change your eating habits). However, I still find this kind of diet a lot better as others as you don't really feel hungry if you stick to mainly meat. I wouldn't count calories, just get comfortable with eating plenty of meat and you'll notice how weird of a sensation it is at first - you feel like your stomach is empty (because you're not bloated anymore) yet you're not hungry. Also, your energy levels don't drop/rise too quickly, which is also very good.

droughtmeat

Kingfisher
Catholic
I tried severely reducing carbs and it definitely works wonders for weight loss. That said, I exercise so much that I also saw my strength and explosiveness decrease despite weighing less. I've now gone back to eating a normal amount of carbs, but I limit my sugar intake to about once a month.

I've gained about 3 kg since reintroducing carbs about 6 weeks ago, but I've still seen my vertical jump improve during that same period, so I don't think I've gained too much fat.

And I totally agree with not snacking. Even those healthy snacks like just a banana or an apple should be avoided. It's better to eat all of that during one of your real meals. And another big one has been salad. I usually make a pretty bowl of spinach, sauerkraut, blueberries, olive oil and walnuts. I'll have that salad with every lunch and dinner.

White Pill Expat

Banned
Orthodox
American Airlines sides with obese people after Blaze TV contributor calls out fatties on her flight:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/airline-surprising-response-after-passenger-28248411

Airline has surprising response after passenger complains about being 'wedged between two obese people' on flight

A woman was left fuming by an airline's reply after she claimed she was "wedged between two obese people" while on a flight.

Sydney Watson, a right-wing commentator, was taking an American Airlines flight but was left unhappy for her seating situation.

Though after she complained to the airline, she didn't get too much sympathy.
The bizarre situation took place on a three hour flight, and began when Watson wrote on Twitter, alongside photos of her eating situation: "I am currently - literally - wedged between two obese people on my flight."

"This is absolutely NOT acceptable or okay. If fat people want to be fat, fine.

"But it is something else entirely when I'm stuck between you, with your arm rolls on my body, for 3 hours."

Attached to the tweet were pictures of her travel companions arms on either side of her body, the Mirror UK report.
But American Airlines were less than impressed with Sydney's complaints, responding to her: "Our passengers come in all different shapes and sizes. We're sorry you were uncomfortable on your flight."

Unsurprisingly, this didn't go down well with the right-wing journalist, who fumed in response: "This is really their official reply to me being sandwiched between two obese humans.

"I just experienced getting sweat on, touched without my consent, smacked in the face and subjected to hours of no personal space.

"And your response is essentially 'too bad'? Is that what I'm getting here?"
0_THP_CHP_151022Slug_06748JPG.jpg

0_THP_CHP_151022Slug_06752JPG.jpg

tweets.png

cosine

Woodpecker
Well I hate to break this to you but physical health determines phycological health.
Typically when I see an obese person with a difficult, public job like an exec or a politician, I'm actually amazed that they have the energy and motivation to do it while that big. Chris Christie types amaze me.
I would bet many obese women would eat a nutritionally void, glyphosate laced salad, drenched in seed oil based dressing for lunch thinking it's being healthy and would never dream of eating a steak.
I pay attention to what fat people have in their shopping carts at grocery stores. It's never a bunch of vegetables to make a salad, glyphosate or not. They usually have stuff like frozen pizzas and soft drinks.

cosine

Woodpecker
What do you normally eat? Is it somewhat consistent, or is it really variable?

Do you get much activity?

One easy tip for better sleep is to make sure you get outside early each day.

Akaky Akakievitch

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
This for sure. Some really dumb responses in this thread blaming people for being obese. There wasn't even any dietary guidelines 100 years ago and people were way healthier and slim without even trying. Now they're being tricked into eating poison (basically seed oils and glyphosate with every meal) and told that it's good for them while super nutritious food like beef is demonized. If they are at fault in any way it's only from being too trusting of what they are told.

Also not mentioned much or commonly forgotten is the very recent phenomena of an electrified world, with power lines, EMFs, radio telecommunication etc. all being introduced within the last 100 or so years on a global scale. Alongside all the toxic ingredients and poorer nutritional quality of soil and food, it is essentially a perfect storm of conditions to obliterate our physical well-being. I think God has allowed this to happen to prove to us even more how fallen this world truly is.

I've shared this point elsewhere on the forum, perhaps quite recently but I'll mention it again (following quote taken from Arthur Firstenburg's The Invisible Rainbow):

Like rain on a campfire, electromagnetic fields douse the flames of metabolism. They reduce the activity of the cytochromes, and there is evidence that they do so in the simplest of all possible ways: by exerting a force that alters the speed of the electrons being transported along the chain of cytochromes to oxygen.

Every person on the planet is affected by this invisible rain that penetrates into the fabric of our cells. Everyone has a slower metabolism, is less alive, than if those fields were not there. We will see how this slow asphyxiation causes the major diseases of civilization: cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. There is no escape. Regardless of diet, exercise, lifestyle, and genetics, the risk of developing these diseases is greater for every human being and every animal than it was a century and a half ago. People with a genetic predisposition simply have a greater risk than everyone else, because they have a bit less heme in their mitochondria to start with. [taken from end of Chapter Ten]

The body adapts to new conditions and I think it affects others in different ways as with all things, but EMFs is something often overlooked. I don't mean for this to be a black-pill, but this is how it is today. It's undeniable that the heavy burden of EMF's has reduced the overall quality of our physical lives and contributes to the modern day obesity problem. But there's been a significant trade-off for more comfort and convenience, so I'm not sure many people would swap all the material abundance for a harsher, non-electrified world of hundreds of years ago, even if it meant higher potential for physical health/strength. It cannot be avoided but we have to do our best with what we have and struggle through it. There's still not much of an excuse to be fat these days, but let's say that conditions have never been worse than they have been, so i can sympathise with some.

It is a fascinating read, I would recommend leafing through it.

cosine

Woodpecker
There's still not much of an excuse to be fat these days, but let's say that conditions have never been worse than they have been, so i can sympathise with some.

I used to be fat. The single greatest improvement for me was finding a sport that I enjoy over a long term. For me that was climbing, and a much more extreme version than most will take. If you are motivated to climb El Capitan or a 6000m peak, your preparation alone will force fitness upon you; there is no other way.

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
There is clearly a major problem with the food quality in America. UK too. It's largely not real food at this point. Processed food is the foundation of many peoples diets, which is a terrible mistake they are making. There is more unhealthy food in the US than anywhere else.

What really opened my eyes to it was years ago visiting fast food restaurants overseas, American ones, and walking away realizing the food was of significantly higher quality than back home. Research followed. I soon understood the American restaurant chains serve far healthier food overseas than they do at home. Some due to regulations. Some due to the reality the crap they sell in the states wouldn't sell overseas. Of course that education led to a further understanding that there's many chemicals/pesticides in our food supply which is outright banned in other countries.

All that being said, most Americans are fat because they're lazy. And when I say lazy I mean both mentally and physically. I'm not gonna sit here and sugarcoat it. A lot boils down to convenience. While much of the world still home cooks and prepares the large majority of their meals, many Americans do not. While some may say eating healthy is too expensive, that is false. Eating unhealthier fast food and less filling processed food is more expensive. Americans also move less. Walk less. What it largely boils down to is fewer calories expended and more calories ingested.

And I'm not going to pretend it takes multiple PHD's for people to figure this out. Most people know high activity levels and more exercise equates to more calories burned. And most people know preparing your meals and eating fruits/veggies/meat is much healthier than the alternative.

Last edited:
The body adapts to new conditions and I think it affects others in different ways as with all things, but EMFs is something often overlooked. I don't mean for this to be a black-pill, but this is how it is today. It's undeniable that the heavy burden of EMF's has reduced the overall quality of our physical lives and contributes to the modern day obesity problem. But there's been a significant trade-off for more comfort and convenience, so I'm not sure many people would swap all the material abundance for a harsher, non-electrified world of hundreds of years ago, even if it meant higher potential for physical health/strength. It cannot be avoided but we have to do our best with what we have and struggle through it. There's still not much of an excuse to be fat these days, but let's say that conditions have never been worse than they have been, so i can sympathise with some.

It is a fascinating read, I would recommend leafing through it.
If it can be proven or at least the case is made strongly enough I would swap it in a heartbeat. Even as someone very addicted to the internet. My health issues are that severe.

Akaky Akakievitch

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
If it can be proven or at least the case is made strongly enough I would swap it in a heartbeat. Even as someone very addicted to the internet. My health issues are that severe.

Yes I'm sure many on this forum and elsewhere would prefer a world with less modern infrastructure and more authentic conditions, despite the loss of convenience. But we are where we are today. For us now it's just about maintaining a better standard of physical activity throughout the week, learning to curb our consumption of calories overall (depending on physical goals), and being more self-disiciplined than we're used to or were possibly brought up to be. I've got my own goals I'm steadily working towards but I'm trying to avoid making an idol out of my physical state/body, that would be going too far in the opposite direction.

If you need any inspiration or a new source of motivation to reach your goals, yesterday I was watching a fascinating documentary about Ernest Shackleton's famous expedition to the South Pole; he failed to reach it but then returned miraculously with all his men alive, somehow, despite the insane and chaotic conditions. His ship was called "Endurance", which captured the spirit of the mission very well, and it's now a British and naval legend:

That was perhaps one situation where you'd want a little bit of blubber on you... might have kept them warm.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
This whole fat acceptance phenomenon works in our favor. This validates the idea that all of leftism to include liberalism is fundamentally flawed and needs to be dispensed with immediately. By espousing the idea that obesity is somehow healthy, means the people making this argument and the ideology that enables it are absurd. And if something is absurd then it should not be taken seriously. Interestingly, when fat acceptance "activists" go off on their tirades, they almost always include the lgtid&6ehr*U or "trans". Indeed, I've heard "straight bodies" mentioned a few times. This shouldn't surprise us and regardless of the current power these people have, nonetheless, such a reference is welcomed because it demonstrates that fat acceptance derives from homosexualism. And so it follows - if fat acceptance is absurd and its related to, if not derived from, homosexuality, then, homosexuality is equally absurd.

Above all, fat acceptance is the end-state of liberalism or leftism etc, and that matters greatly. This is yet another Ace in our hand, because, its now demonstrably true that leftism results in absurdity. But it's not just absurdity. It would be one thing if we had to only deconstruct absurd assertions, but it's quite another to deconstruct evil ones. And by telling morbidly fat people that they're A-Okay is evil. You can't defend absurdity, but then again, you can't defend reverse racism, political repression, loss of fundamental human rights, systematic child sexual indoctrination, child mutilation, and pedophilia. All of the aforementioned items are currently being supported by the radical left and our institutions.

Yes, that part is particularly black pilling, but, the white pill is that we'll have next to no problem getting all of these institutions to admit to their culpability in evil. Use the clown world to your advantage. Do you really think a woke "leader" of some institution will hesitate to endorse child genital mutilation? No. There - you got them.

LothropStoddard

Pigeon
Trad Catholic
Yes, this is absolutely true. I recently got out of college, and also there was a short time when I worked as a driver for one of those delivery companies, and my goodness, it's absolutely incredible how popular they are. This is one of the newer cultural developments; I would say they started to grow in the late 2010s but absolutely skyrocketed in the pandemic era. These days, fast food restaurants are usually almost empty; everyone is ordering delivery or at the least using the drive-thru. And because of the delivery apps, and rising prices as well, it is now totally normal to spend ~20 dollars on a fast food meal just for one person.
Enter the Gen Z stage "tuber" an app where you can sit on your rear all day and someone will visit you at home and feed you through tubes as you navigate the metaverse