Fat people thread

LothropStoddard

Pigeon
Trad Catholic
There is clearly a major problem with the food quality in America. UK too. It's largely not real food at this point. Processed food is the foundation of many peoples diets, which is a terrible mistake they are making. There is more unhealthy food in the US than anywhere else.

What really opened my eyes to it was years ago visiting fast food restaurants overseas, American ones, and walking away realizing the food was of significantly higher quality than back home. Research followed. I soon understood the American restaurant chains serve far healthier food overseas than they do at home. Some due to regulations. Some due to the reality the crap they sell in the states wouldn't sell overseas. Of course that education led to a further understanding that there's many chemicals/pesticides in our food supply which is outright banned in other countries.

All that being said, most Americans are fat because they're lazy. And when I say lazy I mean both mentally and physically. I'm not gonna sit here and sugarcoat it. A lot boils down to convenience. While much of the world still home cooks and prepares the large majority of their meals, many Americans do not. While some may say eating healthy is too expensive, that is false. Eating unhealthier fast food and less filling processed food is more expensive. Americans also move less. Walk less. What it largely boils down to is fewer calories expended and more calories ingested.

And I'm not going to pretend it takes multiple PHD's for people to figure this out. Most people know high activity levels and more exercise equates to more calories burned. And most people know preparing your meals and eating fruits/veggies/meat is much healthier than the alternative.
I've long suspected that being fat makes you stupid as well - as in the word "fatuous." Have you ever noticed that few obese people are bright? You might be unintelligent to begin with and make poor dietary decisions because with a dull mind you would be inclined to make bad decisions, including those involving nutrition. On the other hand, if you had average or greater intelligence and still are fat, whether through poor genes or just not making the right nutritional or time allocations, you would notice, if ever you were to lose weight, that you start to regain some smarts with weight off. I've been heavy and then shed weight and among the first noticeable improvements were a sharper mind and a desire to better take care of myself, including sacrificing habits and spending more time doing meal prep or exercise - leading to weight loss and increased wellbeing.

I recall when I was heavy discussing my weight with my physician. He said "unfortunately, it's on you." As a physician he's obviously sick of giving advice to people regarding their lifestyles which is forgotten by the time of their next meal. A year later, when I next saw him, he lit up and shook my hand with a look of pride (and this is not a friendly guy) because it says a lot to lose weight and keep it off if you once were heavy.

I'm nattering on a bit but I agree with Rainy that you can talk about the scarcity of nutritious food in America and there's truth to it, but, ultimately, start moving more and eating less and eating more nutritiously and you indeed can be less fat.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
Enter the Gen Z stage "tuber" an app where you can sit on your rear all day and someone will visit you at home and feed you through tubes as you navigate the metaverse

What a grotesque future. I sometimes think about the metaverse and its implications. Perhaps there will be two kinds of humans in the future the ones that live outside of the metaverse and the ones that live within it. Maybe its for the best, because, most people will opt for the connection and that leaves a smaller minority of people to enjoy the whole world, which is now a lot less populated. Not only that, but, all of the people entering and staying in the metaverse are the sjw-types.

Their metaworld will be full of pride flags and all the rest, whereas, the physical world will not. The attraction to the metaverse is compelling and the full immersion into it would be even more compelling. Consider a matrix-like existence - VR nodes either over the eyes or, perhaps, injected into the brain itself. Such a world will be free of stress, mean people, mean things etc. All sensory stimulation will be virtual, but, advances in graphics will make it seem real enough. Food and sexual stimulation can all be mimicked through artificial connections (feed tubes).

Unfortunately, most people given the option to live in ignorance in order to have a carefree life, will take it. I suspect most people will. However, I shudder to think about what the real reality of this world will be for them. In the near future, we could be walking past some kind of institutional-looking facility, which will house, hundreds, perhaps, thousands of humans. If you think about the metaverse taken all the way, it will be a matrix-like apparatus. Humans will be connected and held in stasis in some kind of container/pod, perhaps, filled with fluid to further enhance the experience a la sensory deprivation/womb effects.

To them, they'll be in their "utopia" a non-stop endless high-def virtual experience full of stimulation and fun. The sun is out, the landscape is fantastic and expansive. The mountains are higher than Everest and the seas are deeper than Mariana. The people are all embellished, they have NO flaws...everyone is perfect. Life is a non-stop first-person game that never ends. Individuals can truly "self-actualize". One day your BFF spawns as a dolphin.

And then there are people like us who one day decide to enter the peculiar buildings that have oddly popped-up everywhere. By now, we've heard of the metaverse and have noticed the absence of people out and about. And then we enter a facility and see the stacks of pods existing in complete darkness. They appear lifeless and inundated with a lattice of contraptions, wires, tubes, and other connections that seem to consume them, so much so, they hardly appear to be human. Indeed, these are Cyborgs, but, not the kinds we expected. They are just there, motionless, so far gone into this new world that they've become unaware of the "old" one. Next, we notice differences between each pod and the inhabitants. Despite the medical connections etc, we can, at least, still make out a human form underneath it. But then there are others that appear to be more amorphous blobs of flesh. This is unnerving and the sight of it gives you chills. What is that? You ask yourself with a tone of disgust. Then the horrible truth of it all comes crashing down. That indiscernible blob of the flesh is a human body, indeed a sentiment living human being, that has completely atrophied having been in stasis for too long.

You gasp and retreat in horror and disgust. You wish you never entered this facility; a facility that looks feels, and smells just like a quadriplegic ward in some dank hospital. This is the LAST place you would willingly spend your time. All around you, this automated hospital prison injects, drains, and expels substances into and out of these people. The overall ambiance is foul, like stale flatulence, and the air is so thick with it, you feel it covering your skin. I want out! You think instantaneously. There is no question this is nowhere to live. You exit the massive chamber and as the hermetically sealed door closes you note the absolute darkness that remains.

You contemplate the horror you have just witnessed and succumb to false hope...you say "they...they can always disconnect". But then you remember the sight you want to forget, that "thing" that isn't even recognizable as human. There is absolutely no hope or chance for that individual to ever disconnect.

If I were the devil.

Akaky Akakievitch

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
I don't know why but I went searching for articles about fat shaming or cultures that engage in fat shaming, maybe for entertainment more than anything, and I came across this intellectual garbage [my comments in brackets]:

The Immorality of Fat Shaming​

I wish to take these thoughts one step further by arguing that fat shaming is not only unproductive, but morally impermissible [okay, this should be fun...]. It is for instance unethical to shame an individual for circumstances beyond their control – especially when weight gain is a consequence of complex trauma or personal difficulties [...that are within their control?]. But even in instances where an individual is in control of their weight [yes...], it is morally impermissible to fat shame [why?], firstly due to the discrimination that these practices perpetuate [because "discrimination"], but also because it is a serious burden to place upon an individual [because "serious burden"...]. Weight loss is a burden as it is not a quick fix, is mentally challenging, and often requires time, money and will-power [as with all things in life, to change or do anything?]. So fat shaming manipulates people into feeling that they need to change, either concerning something they have no control over, or concerning something they can control, but which places a serious burden upon them. [... huh?]

This is the dumbest argument I've read in a while. Checked who wrote it, of course it was a woman graduated with a degree in "Philosophy of Mental Health" lol, the arguments here are logically incoherent and based on pure emotion and "muh feels". But it's this kind of retarded perspective that allows the obesity culture to flourish.

Conversely, I believe fat shaming cultures can actually curb people into healthier behaviours and food choices, because cultural stigmas seem to actually work. For example in China or other Asian countries, where they will unashamedly say to someone "you're fat, stop being fat". The fat one is seen as exceptional and stands out, as a result most people are thin and therefore healthier on the whole. Pretty simple.

In that sense, whenever we tolerate obese people or don't admonish them for their condition when appropriate, we consent to it in a way. Similar to how we've allowed the LGBT agenda to creep further into our institutions and lives in general, tolerance is the first stage towards acceptance and then sooner or later, widespread adoption and forced participation. Being thin and healthy will soon be "fascist" or "antisemitic", if it's not already seen that way by some.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I used to be fat. The single greatest improvement for me was finding a sport that I enjoy over a long term. For me that was climbing, and a much more extreme version than most will take. If you are motivated to climb El Capitan or a 6000m peak, your preparation alone will force fitness upon you; there is no other way.
Besides the physicality how did you feel when you were fat compared to now? Like lack of energy, mental fog, lack of focus, depression.

cosine

Woodpecker
Besides the physicality how did you feel when you were fat compared to now? Like lack of energy, mental fog, lack of focus, depression.
I was an anxious, depressed, kissless computer nerd. Three years later I was climbing El Cap repeatedly, gaining sponsorships for ice climbing, and standing on top of unclimbed mountains in the Himalayas.

I can't even put into words how much better I started feeling about myself.

traelo

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
I watched this short documentary on a doctor who did an ultra processed food diet for a month, his brain ended up being rewired (7:18).

His hormone for hunger went up by 30%, and the hormone for feeling full went down. So losing weight requires more than just eating less, you have to eat healthy so you don't feel hungry all the time, otherwise you'll get stressed out and probably cave and eat more.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I was an anxious, depressed, kissless computer nerd. Three years later I was climbing El Cap repeatedly, gaining sponsorships for ice climbing, and standing on top of unclimbed mountains in the Himalayas.

I can't even put into words how much better I started feeling about myself.
Great. I think the mental aspect of being fat is often overlooked. Not only is it a physical hazard, but mentally you're performing subpar to apt degree.

cosine

Woodpecker
Great. I think the mental aspect of being fat is often overlooked. Not only is it a physical hazard, but mentally you're performing subpar to apt degree.
Being overweight or obese is a rough handicap. Obesity for humans is like the proverbial frog slowly boiled alive that doesn't jump out of the pot.

With a cold, or the flu, you quickly switch between healthy and sick. With obesity, it's so slow that you don't realize how it subtly depresses your energy, your motivation, your confidence.

You need some amount of activation energy to develop a new skill, apply for a better job, build a business, organize something wholesome with friends, family, or church, etc. If you are obese, that energy is much more likely to be spent just getting through work, school, etc.

I sincerely invite anyone else here who is fat and wants to improve their health to speak up. It's an anonymous place, you will get advice and not be attacked, remember that's even in the forum rules.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I don't know why but I went searching for articles about fat shaming or cultures that engage in fat shaming, maybe for entertainment more than anything, and I came across this intellectual garbage [my comments in brackets]:

This is the dumbest argument I've read in a while. Checked who wrote it, of course it was a woman graduated with a degree in "Philosophy of Mental Health" lol, the arguments here are logically incoherent and based on pure emotion and "muh feels". But it's this kind of retarded perspective that allows the obesity culture to flourish.

Conversely, I believe fat shaming cultures can actually curb people into healthier behaviours and food choices, because cultural stigmas seem to actually work. For example in China or other Asian countries, where they will unashamedly say to someone "you're fat, stop being fat". The fat one is seen as exceptional and stands out, as a result most people are thin and therefore healthier on the whole. Pretty simple.

In that sense, whenever we tolerate obese people or don't admonish them for their condition when appropriate, we consent to it in a way. Similar to how we've allowed the LGBT agenda to creep further into our institutions and lives in general, tolerance is the first stage towards acceptance and then sooner or later, widespread adoption and forced participation. Being thin and healthy will soon be "fascist" or "antisemitic", if it's not already seen that way by some.
Preach! Wholeheartedly agree. Fatness should be shamed, lack of femininity in women should be shamed, lack of masculinity in men, incompetence in men, etc. We need to keep the standard up cause if no one does it, there's no depth we can't descend into. This shaming then is for people to become better. Fat acceptance is like don't tell a person running towards a cliff to stop running. People who love one another will get into conflict with you when you're destroying yourselves, those who don't care about you will avoid the conflict, lie to you and tell you that you're good as you are.

Nelson12

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
I was fat until 2016 when the Roosh Forum was different as it was filled with guys boasting about getting girls which spurred me into action. Since 2016 I have lost weight and feel much better for it. I now fit into size small jumpers and t-shirts and 32 UK inch waist jeans and trousers.

However I still have a bit of a belly and would like to flatten my stomach. I do sit ups after my cardio and can keep my belly in using stomach muscles but don’t want to do it like that. I’m stuck because I eat healthy food and home cooked meals but can’t seem to remove it. I know the older you get, the harder it will be. I’m in my mid-thirties and dont want to have a porch in my forties so I’m running out of time. :)

Last edited:

cosine

Woodpecker
I do sit ups after my cardio
Different strategy:

2-3x per week, you do calisthenics:
1. 3 sets of push-ups.
2. 3 sets of pull-ups.
3. 3 sets of squats.

Push-ups: you are progressing towards one-arm push-ups.
Pull-ups: many people can't do them at all. If you can't, use assistance with a band. I can explain if needed. If you can crank out 3 sets of 7+ pull-ups, then begin progression towards one-arm pull-ups, again with a band.
Squats: look up youtube videos of doing squats properly. A lot of strength, crossfit, etc coaches can help you. Once you are good at these, begin progressing towards assisted pistol squats and then eventually 3 sets of 5 pistol squats on each side.

This is not a lot of work. This is like a bare minimum to just not be weak if you sit at a desk a lot.

Why so little? Because ideally you are actually doing physical activities, and also a regimen like this requires very little equipment(a pull-up bar and a couple of bands, you don't need globogym), and it is short and easy enough that someone can actually stick to it.

Want more? Get a set of rings. Hang them from an awning or whatever you can find.
Do dips, L-sits, front lever progressions. Handstands with feet against the wall. You can keep it simple and do pretty well as long as you stick to it.

It's important for men to not be feeble. Some amount of strength training is important.

Nelson12

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
Different strategy:

2-3x per week, you do calisthenics:
1. 3 sets of push-ups.
2. 3 sets of pull-ups.
3. 3 sets of squats.

Push-ups: you are progressing towards one-arm push-ups.
Pull-ups: many people can't do them at all. If you can't, use assistance with a band. I can explain if needed. If you can crank out 3 sets of 7+ pull-ups, then begin progression towards one-arm pull-ups, again with a band.
Squats: look up youtube videos of doing squats properly. A lot of strength, crossfit, etc coaches can help you. Once you are good at these, begin progressing towards assisted pistol squats and then eventually 3 sets of 5 pistol squats on each side.

This is not a lot of work. This is like a bare minimum to just not be weak if you sit at a desk a lot.

Why so little? Because ideally you are actually doing physical activities, and also a regimen like this requires very little equipment(a pull-up bar and a couple of bands, you don't need globogym), and it is short and easy enough that someone can actually stick to it.

Want more? Get a set of rings. Hang them from an awning or whatever you can find.
Do dips, L-sits, front lever progressions. Handstands with feet against the wall. You can keep it simple and do pretty well as long as you stick to it.

It's important for men to not be feeble. Some amount of strength training is important.
Thank you. I do three sets of sit ups numbering 32,32 and then 42. I do press ups or pull ups x4 sets of 13 may be I could do more.

I go to the gym x5 a week after using the cross trainer on the highest level of 25 for around 52.30 minutes. I use to do HIIT on the tread mill but prefer this.

I’ll do squats tomorrow too x3 sets of 10 and I’ll try and figure out how to do pull ups at home but I fear I may have to buy some equipment.

I just want to get rid of this belly.

Last edited:

cosine

Woodpecker
Thank you. I do three sets of sit ups numbering 32,32 and then 42. I do press ups or pull ups x4 sets of 13 may be I could do more.

I go to the gym x5 a week after using the cross trainer on the highest level of 25 for around 52.30 minutes. I use to do HIIT on the tread mill but prefer this.

I’ll do squats tomorrow too x3 sets of 10 and I’ll try and figure out how to do pull ups at home but I fear I may have to buy some equipment.

Sounds like you're well on your way. You can also try to eat more satiating food, for example grapefruit or watermelon are voluminous but have very few calories. Eggs and avocados are amazing for you and are also relatively filling. Whereas oil and nuts are tremendously calorically dense and don't even feel that filling. Most protein sources feel pretty satiating.

If you're motivated to do more, my suggestion would be to add more strength training in order to drop fat, and not more cardio. This is speaking as someone who is in the upper echelon of aerobic fitness -- lots of cardio just isn't usually that great for dropping bodyfat. HIIT is excellent, but should be kept as a small percentage of your volume or you will end up with negative fitness effects. If you run, you can work it in very easily. For example if you run for 50 minutes, include 4-8 bursts of 20-30 seconds really fast in the last 20 minutes of the workout. "Strides" are really good for gaining speed.

Lazuli Waves

Kingfisher

Born in the Bronx in 1944 (he passed away in 2014), he was an overweight Jewish kid with a complicated family background. By the time he hosted the Central Park event, he’d lost 40 pounds but not his sense of outrage at how he was discriminated against when at his heaviest. He told the Times, “People should be proud of being fat. We want to show we feel happy, not guilty.”

Everyone who attended the event — at the bequest of Post — carried food. Most also held up banners reading “Fat Power” and wore buttons saying “Think Fat.” Though the “Fat-In” was peaceful, the throng of protestors burned diet books and, according to the Times, “a large photograph of Twiggy the teenage ectomorph.”

M3B

Ostrich
Gold Member

Have you looked into leangains? That last bit of stubborn fat around the belly will be mostly diet related

I upped my protein intake to 200g a day using lean beef mince and lean turkey mince depending on which day I train (turkey on training days so there is less fat). Higher fat intake on non training days

If you stick to leangains to the letter, you will get rid of that stubborn belly fat in 8 weeks.

cosine

Woodpecker
Bringing another gem to you from the NIH's National Library of Medicine. We should start referring to these as "queer-reviewed studies".

Fat Acceptance as Social Justice

Fat communities, such as the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA), have contested society’s stubborn generalizations that associate fatness with disease and poor health outcomes, and push back against the assumption that fat people have little regard for themselves or their own well-being. They argue that thinking about obesity as a disease or medical risk (such as for severe COVID-19) contributes to stigma because it positions larger bodies as drains on an already-taxed health care system.

The NAAFA mobilizes the term “fat” in its fight against weight discrimination and fatphobia in all aspects of life, including in employment, health care and education. Similarly, as social scientists, we use the term “fat” rather than the deeply problematic medical term, “obesity,” which causes harm to people under the guise of benign objectivity.

https://naafa.org/

Of course the site is largely about anti-racism. For example they take this controversial stance:

NAAFA Opposes Racism

Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 10.38.51 AM.jpg

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Once you start to spot that in every detrimental movement for a human being the word ''pride'' is involved, you start to see why it is the principal sin and root cause for all other sins.

cosine

Woodpecker
Have you looked into leangains? That last bit of stubborn fat around the belly will be mostly diet related

I upped my protein intake to 200g a day using lean beef mince and lean turkey mince depending on which day I train (turkey on training days so there is less fat). Higher fat intake on non training days

If you stick to leangains to the letter, you will get rid of that stubborn belly fat in 8 weeks.
Any chance you'd be willing to summarize/describe leangains?

M3B

Ostrich
Gold Member
Any chance you'd be willing to summarize/describe leangains?
Check out leangains.com

You need to work out your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) which is based on your height and weight. From there, you input your training schedule and whether you'd like to cut, bulk or maintain your current weight. It will then give you some guidelines about daily macros to aim for on your training days and rest days.

Takes about 4 weeks to start noticing a difference if you're cutting but it works very well if you stick to it

Nelson12

Sparrow
Trad Catholic

Hello, sorry I didn’t respond to you sooner :)

I need to look at their website again. I just love food and sometimes have more than one dessert lol.

If it works for you, I’m delighted, I also eat bread every day and make my own bread at the weekend. I have been told to eat fewer carbs but it’s difficult.