Fat people thread

Nelson12

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
Sounds like you're well on your way. You can also try to eat more satiating food, for example grapefruit or watermelon are voluminous but have very few calories. Eggs and avocados are amazing for you and are also relatively filling. Whereas oil and nuts are tremendously calorically dense and don't even feel that filling. Most protein sources feel pretty satiating.

If you're motivated to do more, my suggestion would be to add more strength training in order to drop fat, and not more cardio. This is speaking as someone who is in the upper echelon of aerobic fitness -- lots of cardio just isn't usually that great for dropping bodyfat. HIIT is excellent, but should be kept as a small percentage of your volume or you will end up with negative fitness effects. If you run, you can work it in very easily. For example if you run for 50 minutes, include 4-8 bursts of 20-30 seconds really fast in the last 20 minutes of the workout. "Strides" are really good for gaining speed.
I’ve followed your advice and do 4 quick bursts of 60 seconds on the cross trainer for the 52 minute session but now need to eat fewer desserts and carbs which is difficult. I also eat bread every day as well.

cosine

Woodpecker
I’ve followed your advice and do 4 quick bursts of 60 seconds on the cross trainer for the 52 minute session but now need to eat fewer desserts and carbs which is difficult. I also eat bread every day as well.
That's awesome. You'll probably get way faster too; your body will learn to run at faster speeds and improve running economy aka "free" improvement. If you ever want to do a race or just some large run, the intervals will help with fitness generally.

This is one path you might find success with in order to eat less desserts, carbs, and breads:

1. Eat some junk that you crave. Your normal amount is ok.
2. Once you're full, THEN go to the grocery store. Purchase some healthier food that you think you can stand, and also some of your sweet-tooth items. But: choose a smaller portion this time. Find a smaller box of cookies, a half-loaf of bread, pick up a lower-calorie container of ice cream. There's lots that are 320ish calories and still tasty instead of the insane 800-1000 ones. You get the point.
3. When you get cravings again, you first have to eat the healthier food. Then you get the reward of the comfort food, but in a smaller quantity. You get to both satisfy your craving and also know that you are improving yourself.

The point here is to not shame yourself for wanting to eat some calorie-dense foods. That's normal. The point is to try to satisfy the cravings with a cross between discipline and appeasement. And to make a long-lasting positive habitual change.

If you are consuming your junk in liquid form, that HAS to go. I personally had success switching from soft drinks to orange juice to sparkling water to regular water.

Don't feel too ashamed for eating some junk food as long as you keep it to a reasonable portion. And try to keep it to non seed-oil junk food. Cookies with butter and sugar are better than palm oil.

Batman_

Kingfisher
American Airlines sides with obese people after Blaze TV contributor calls out fatties on her flight:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/airline-surprising-response-after-passenger-28248411

Airline has surprising response after passenger complains about being 'wedged between two obese people' on flight

0_THP_CHP_151022Slug_06748JPG.jpg

0_THP_CHP_151022Slug_06752JPG.jpg

tweets.png

Their literal response is to attempt to gaslight her.