Clergy & Monastics Father Spyridon Bailey

rouchno1fan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
I've read most of Father Spyridon's books over the last few months - they're excellent. It was great that he phoned into Roosh Hour, which was what brought me to him.

I must say that I find his voice incredibly soothing to listen too in his videos, but this means that I have to work extra hard to focus on what he's saying otherwise I tend to lose track quickly!

Jive Turkey

Woodpecker
Other Christian
I've read most of Father Spyridon's books over the last few months - they're excellent. It was great that he phoned into Roosh Hour, which was what brought me to him.

I must say that I find his voice incredibly soothing to listen too in his videos, but this means that I have to work extra hard to focus on what he's saying otherwise I tend to lose track quickly!
Which Roosh hour did he phone into? Also, pretty humorous, in a good way, that monks listen to live streams in 2021

Charbel Makhlouf

Sparrow
Orthodox
What kind of reaction did you expect?

To my great shame, her reaction is not something I gave serious, reasoned consideration to beforehand.

I just saw the video, thought of her and fired off a message imploring her to consider Fr. Spyridon's argument.

Now I've disturbed her peace and brought her no nearer the truth (from what I can tell). She continues to message me with what she feels are "good points" and demand I respond. I've made a muck of things.

newcomer

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
To my great shame, her reaction is not something I gave serious, reasoned consideration to beforehand.

I just saw the video, thought of her and fired off a message imploring her to consider Fr. Spyridon's argument.

Now I've disturbed her peace and brought her no nearer the truth (from what I can tell). She continues to message me with what she feels are "good points" and demand I respond. I've made a muck of things.
Worry about your own salvation first, and dont cast pearls before the swines.
You can show her these types of things once she gets frustrated by her church.
Bear good fruits, pray for her, other than that let it go.
Dont know how to react to her good points, thats kind of pain..
I tried it once, and failed..

Mulato_Man_Gabe

Pigeon
Orthodox

Yeah, when you aproach people in the charismatic movement about this sort of thing, you are essentially telling them that they are communing with demons: and keep in mind that is technically true.

The issue being, that is extremely jarring to their paradigm and they are going to react to it intensely.

Since she is challanging you, and IF she won't take no for answer, I wouldn't condemn you to spar it out with her. It may plant the seeds for later. But be patient and don't lose your temper should you decide to engage with her like this.

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
It is true that God gives you knowledge according to your faith. While secular people are walking in the dark, unable to figure out what is going on with the world the men of faith see things crystal clear. There is no truth without God. I'm very fond of Father Spyridon, he's a worthy continuator of Seraphim Rose.

Last edited: