Clergy & Monastics Father Spyridon Bailey

ET1969

Chicken
Protestant
I'm happy he doesn't work with AFR anymore!
He works with Patristic Faith where you can find his recent work, along with others: http://www.patristicfaith.com

His page on PF: https://www.patristicfaith.com/our-team/father-spyridon-bailey
Thank you, very good to know Father Spyridon has not disappeared - I listen to his homilies every day, and find his wisdom and teaching of immense value.

Can I ask what’s wrong with AFR in your eyes? I genuinely don’t have a dog in this fight, so I’d be interested to know the background and perhaps why the Father moved on from them.

The Resilient

Ostrich
Orthodox

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Amazing sermon:

"If we listen to the wisdom of the world, we are listening to the Voice of Death."

What a beautiful quote. I struggle with the idea that you want to do something to turn society around. Not only on the corona stuff but also on cultural, social, every other layer. But the ship is already filled to the deck and it'll make a few more meters before it sinks. All we've got to do is finding the people who jumped on the rescue boat. I hate to say it but we've got to let the people perish with the ship who choose to do so. This is a big conflict in my mind but imagine what it takes from someone to first see the corona scam - but that's the first. If they've gone through that, they got to dig through the social cultural stuff, the feminism, all these lies. Unless there's a strong intrinsic willingness and drive to go through that difficult and narrow path it can't be done. Us arguing with them about feminism - they will not be able to see it.

Mountaineer

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
As usual you are right Victor, this ship is beyond a point of no return. We don't have to look far to to see in what kind of situation we are. It's in the old testament. The old world was so rife with sin that the only solution was the Noah's Arc.

Last edited:

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer

AMEN.

Thank God for Fr. Spyridon.

Fr. Spyridon is the perfect introduction to Orthodoxy, because he sets the spiritual frame where one ought to be in. Forget the deep theology, the ecumenical councils, the great Schism, eventually it's all about the features fr. Spyridon talks about: obedience, forgiveness, righteousness, love, trust, care, peace, humility, giving, loyalty, generosity, charity. More than anything else, if you understand this, you're 90% there, if you practice it too. That's something that with all respect I think many protestants lack, they know the Bible inside out, but do they have the spiritual depth like this is to be questioned. The biggest danger is that people become too legalistic about their faith and then forgetting what it's all about, spirituality and personal transformation towards becoming a truly God like person.