Fauci'ing "social trend" (you ditch romantic partners who don't take the virus seriously)

I found it amusing when my Yahoo Finance app pushed this notification on me, informing me about this newest social trend that is taking the dating world by storm. Have you heard of it? Me neither.

I plugged it into Google Trends but unfortunately there's not enough data for the tool to work. Big sad :(

Determined to learn more about this totally organic social trend, I performed a standard search and checked out every hit on the first couple of pages. Luckily for me, every single link was to a mainstream media outlet, and every single article was around 250 words, and every single article repeated what the last one said, nearly verbatim. And they're all published in the past 2 days.

A new dating trend called “Fauci-ing,” or declining to date someone if they don’t appear to take the novel virus seriously enough, has begun making waves on the internet.

The term, and its definition, were coined by dating app Plenty of Fish, which included Fauci-ing in its annual list of the top dating trends to expect in the new year.

The list, released in November, also warned singles to watch out for “maskerading,” where a potential partner only pretends to care about wearing masks and COVID-19 for the sole purpose of dating you, and “apocalypsing,” where you treat every relationship like it’s your last and get too serious too quick.

Every single article takes pains to point out that it was the app Plenty of Fish that coined this term that's taking the internet by storm.

I wonder if any of these online daters are perturbed by the terms analogue "Ghosting," a universally disparaged phenomenon employed by anxious narcissists, AKA our entire society, who ironically are the same ones who demean the practice.

Plenty of Fish is a subsidiary of Match Group, ticker $MTCH, up 300%+ from it's March 2020 lows.

I found it amusing when my Yahoo Finance app pushed this notification on me, informing me about this newest social trend that is taking the dating world by storm. Have you heard of it? Me neither.

I plugged it into Google Trends but unfortunately there's not enough data for the tool to work. Big sad :(

Determined to learn more about this totally organic social trend, I performed a standard search and checked out every hit on the first couple of pages. Luckily for me, every single link was to a mainstream media outlet, and every single article was around 250 words, and every single article repeated what the last one said, nearly verbatim. And they're all published in the past 2 days.

Every single article takes pains to point out that it was the app Plenty of Fish that coined this term that's taking the internet by storm.

I wonder if any of these online daters are perturbed by the terms analogue "Ghosting," a universally disparaged phenomenon employed by anxious narcissists, AKA our entire society, who ironically are the same ones who demean the practice.

Plenty of Fish is a subsidiary of Match Group, ticker $MTCH, up 300%+ from it's March 2020 lows.

Hmm, it must be the ugly, fat, feminist women driving this trend!

I love these organic social trends the media is able to observe and articulate, before ive even noticed them in real life! So amazing!

Really though, they were pushing stuff like this last summer in some of the more honk-worthy publications. But i guess now that they've happened upon a cutesy pun for their message, they've decided to crank up the publicity campaign.

EndlessGravity

Kingfisher
Sounds like a win to me. Just like I hope face masks never go away so I can still tell who to avoid, it sounds like an easy way to avoid women who aren't worth your time.

I assumed you young folks were already doing the opposite thing to them...ignoring women with face masks on or who were getting the vaccine.

Elipe

Kingfisher
I remember online dating being horrible, but my goodness, this is taking it to a whole new level. It's both a blessing and curse for you single guys: on the one hand, that's fewer women you'll have a shot at, but on the other hand, it's now easier than ever to identify a marriageable woman. They're the ones not wearing the mask or not acting like the chinavirus is the Black Death 2.0.

AntoniusofEfa

Woodpecker
How much do you think women will care about this new trend if the guy has money, muscles, is good-looking and tall?
Judging by the actions of gen x, millennial women, very much so. Women choose their politics over a good salami (or a loving husband) every time. The number of spinsters is going up exponentially.

Judging by the actions of gen x, millennial women, very much so. Women choose their politics over a good salami (or a loving husband) every time. The number of spinsters is going up exponentially.

Ultimately they are herd creatures and will get their morality and values from the tribe (or its new conquerors). This, unfortunately, creates a snowball effect in the situation we're in now, with women doubling down on mask worship and obedience to the rules.

Not to get too sidetracked here, but I should preface the above with the anecdote that since this scamdemic started, in terms of my witnessing in real life people calling out the fraud and the agendas behind it, almost all of the vocal critics were women. But, I think this is mostly due to years of the chilling effect training men to be more reserved in publicly expressing unpopular opinions. And conversely, women typically not having to fear for their careers / future for making a controversial statement, or metoo etc. They have a protected status, and the naivety of having always been such.

romain

Pigeon
I remember online dating being horrible, but my goodness, this is taking it to a whole new level. It's both a blessing and curse for you single guys: on the one hand, that's fewer women you'll have a shot at, but on the other hand, it's now easier than ever to identify a marriageable woman. They're the ones not wearing the mask or not acting like the chinavirus is the Black Death 2.0.
It would be nice if it were that easy. The restaurants and bars that I visit to hang out with buddies once in a while, are still filled with the exact same women, who are now maskless, but were never marriage material before the pandemic.