Favorite Movie Scenes

jarlo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I'd like to have a thread specifically for your favorite scenes from movies, rather than general discussion of movies. This thread can be a place to get a quick taste of a few movies if you want to pick one to watch, or a place to get motivation from the best of old movies which aren't completely bent to the SJW/Marxist agenda.

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003) - Ride of the Rohirrim

Good Will Hunting (1998) - How Do You Like Dem Apples

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Arthur wakes from his slumber, Percival gives him the Holy Grail, and then the Knights of the Round Table ride off the battle. From Excalibur (1981). Made all the more dramatic with Richard Wagner transitioning into "O Fortuna".

This is one of my favorites! I'd like this scene to start a little earlier, where Percival is confronted with the most discouraging scenes, and faces abject despair.

But!

He perseveres, and finds the holy grail!

This, to me, is what it means to perservere. To continue in the face of despair, and succeed in the end.

I've looked for this clip on You tube before, but couldn't find it. It's not a popular concept. This scene starts with finding the holy grail, but doesn't show the earlier despair and the perseverence.

Anyway, I think the full scene is my favorite movie clip.

Last edited:

Monty_Brogan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Great thread idea! Some of mine:

Duvall said not too many days went by when a Vietnam Vet would mention the line to him.

That was not a scale model that they blew up. It was an actual house. A Mexican couple was getting divorced and when the production company wanted to blow it up, they said go for it.

A Classic:

Another:

RalphMalph

Woodpecker
Great thread idea! Some of mine:

Duvall said not too many days went by when a Vietnam Vet would mention the line to him.

That was not a scale model that they blew up. It was an actual house. A Mexican couple was getting divorced and when the production company wanted to blow it up, they said go for it.

A Classic:

Another:

Hard Eight: Mr. Bookman in Las Vegas. Great actor that Bookman. ;)

amity

Pelican
Gold Member
Jarlo, Thank you for giving me the reason to post this scene from Braveheart one more time

I'm in that scene! The Irish reserve army (FCA) were used for the battle scenes. I'm not visible though, I was near the back with my staff!
A lad beside me had one as well, he let it slip and it landed on someone's head below him, the guy had a nasty gash to his head, I remember the ambulance coming along to take him away!
I shouldn't laugh but the banter at the time was hilarious! (the injured lad was fine afterwards).
It's good to have those memories, was some experience being part of it. We got to meet Mel briefly, came across as no nonsense, but charismatic and warm.