Female bosses and managers

Rob Banks

Pelican
I used to live in New York City but now I live in Upstate New York.

Upstate New York is a lot more rural and (supposedly) conservative than New York City. However, what I have found is that in the (low-level) jobs I've worked, every single boss and manager I've had has been female (with just one exception). I would say at least 90% of bosses and managers around here are women. In liberal New York City, that number is far lower.

I'm not just talking about the HR managers. I'm saying that I've worked at large warehouses where the vast majority of the floor managers were women. Also, every time I've had an interview or submitted a job application, the manager has been a woman.

I've also taken a couple of computer science courses at my local community college, and all my professors have been women.

Why is this?

BigFellow

Sparrow
Affirmative action seems to exist everywhere, even in the less populated areas. I suspect that many men may want to avoid the big corporate workforce, and operate one-man businesses or very small businesses or something like that. Maybe they don't want to hire a bunch of people to work under them because of all the political correctness and risk of getting sued. So from the perspective of the employee who applies for jobs at places, women are over-represented in the workforce.

I have noticed in some cities women are disproportionately occupying positions as police supervisors (sergeants, lieutenants, chiefs, etc...).

I'm not sure I have a good explanation for why New York City is less feminized than upstate New York.

Rob Banks

Pelican
I've also noticed that the women around here (Upstate NY) are very masculine. In NYC, the women have more of a slutty, fake, lots-of-makeup kind of vibe. In Upstate NY, the women smoke, have beer bellies, and often have very masculine jobs.

BigFellow

Sparrow
I have noticed that rural women are generally not as pretty as women in cities. I've heard stories about a woman who operates a combine, or a tractor, or a grain elevator. Or a woman who likes to go hunting or fix up a truck. A feminine woman probably doesn't want to "rough it" in the countryside, but wants to be in the city where she can go shopping, get her nails done, and so forth. They may be drawn to the comfort in the city. In my opinion New York City is too urban though. When a place becomes too urbanized, moral degeneracy kicks in and women don't want to be effeminate women. I think three percent of the women in New York City are actually men.

Vincent Chase

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I've also noticed that the women around here (Upstate NY) are very masculine. In NYC, the women have more of a slutty, fake, lots-of-makeup kind of vibe. In Upstate NY, the women smoke, have beer bellies, and often have very masculine jobs.
Many women these days are basically Chuck Norris. They are trying to out compete, and develop more masculine traits. Plenty of those around in New York and other tier 1 cities. Female managers can be terrible to work with and many women are terrible to date - they aren't the feminine women that existed in most of human civilisation.

BigFellow

Sparrow
I am as traditional as anybody and want to see a lot more women in the home, but speaking from experience, my worst bosses have ironically been male. If you a have a woman boss she might not feel like she can bully you as much. You are less likely to start butting heads with her and get into a fight. She is less likely to see you as a rival. She might not act like a boss but might just be the nominal boss. She might not be as assertive and not as willing to fire people and hit people with pink slips. She might not demand that you work as hard as a male boss would demand. There can be an opposites-attract phenomenon where she likes you better because you're male. She also might recognize her own limitations and defer to your judgment and recognize the need for men to be around.

Of course I am generalizing here and am not necessarily describing all women bosses and managers. It is perverse to have women occupying male roles, but if we're going to have a society overrun by feminism, maybe it's better for me to focus on self-preservation and just choose the bosses that are better to me.

00anon00

This mirrors my experience in which I have gotten along well with female bosses that female coworkers couldn't get along with. That said, in one of the cases, everything still went south, the process was just delayed compared to everyone else. Luckily for me, though, when things came to a head, everything blew up in her face and she wound up losing the managerial responsibilities that she cherished... to me lol. She was removed from the precious "org chart" to just be out there, floating on her own (which, ironically, would have been my dream). NOT that I gave two whits about gaining the employees that she lost (though I was just happy to be able to nominally supervise my friend and relieve her of the suffering of micromanagement). Still, it was a stressful experience that I'm bitter about - it doesn't matter to me that I "won", we all lost from having to have gone through that period of intense hostility.

I am as traditional as anybody and want to see a lot more women in the home, but speaking from experience, my worst bosses have ironically been male. If you a have a woman boss she might not feel like she can bully you as much. You are less likely to start butting heads with her and get into a fight. She is less likely to see you as a rival. She might not act like a boss but might just be the nominal boss. She might not be as assertive and not as willing to fire people and hit people with pink slips. She might not demand that you work as hard as a male boss would demand. There can be an opposites-attract phenomenon where she likes you better because you're male. She also might recognize her own limitations and defer to your judgment and recognize the need for men to be around.

Of course I am generalizing here and am not necessarily describing all women bosses and managers. It is perverse to have women occupying male roles, but if we're going to have a society overrun by feminism, maybe it's better for me to focus on self-preservation and just choose the bosses that are better to me.

00anon00

The other thing, and this will not come as a surprise to people I am sure, is that the boss I mentioned above was of a certain age, unmarried, and her entire life and identity were based on her (more or less pointless) work. The awesome female bosses I have had had families, and they were super hard and conscientious workers, but also very protective of their reports' workloads and undisturbed time outside of work.

I haven't really had any male bosses in my adult life, but I have seen them go both ways, as well. I think what may happen is that bad female and bad male bosses are probably bad in unique, patterned ways that are distinct from each other, on average. If one gender is worse than the other, on average, it's probably by a margin of ~10-20% at max. That said, this is all just from my personal experience and the experiences of people I know, which is pretty limited.

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
Working under a female is upending the natural order of things. One could say it is analogous to having exclusive butt secks instead of the normal way and trying to pretend it's normal and good. Just don't do it.

I read posts from many guys about how they are in these difficult marriages with vague statements about how they "made so many mistakes in the past" and "am trying to overcome problems." I would say working under a woman, even a pleasant one you may like, is going to upset your psyche subliminally at the very least. It will make it difficult for you to maintain frame with women, particularly your partner. And it will just cause so many small ripples that will lead to bigger problems down the line that you will never trace back to this one single issue. Yeah, there are a lot of terrible and weak men out there too, and you will probably end up working for one. But this advice stands.

Marcus187

Sparrow
I've had both male and female bosses, managers and team leaders.

Of course, not all male managers were good and not all female managers were bad. But generally speaking: female bosses are f*cking horrible. The emotional side always gains the upper hand, so they make bad decisions. They also don't blame themselves for it. Probably a lack of self-reflection or they simply don't understand what they did wrong.

Most male bosses were the type of guy who had no complains as long as you get your job done. No bullshit, no emotional rollercoasters and no office politics. Just do your job and you will be heavily rewarded if you're good at it.