Filipina Long distance

Seafoods should be gotten from the market .. as for male friendship its really hard as People are very simpletons. Some are xenophobic and small minded as well. Deep conversations are Hard to come by. Upper class filipinos are generally more easy to and open to foreigners as well. Sadly most of the lower class only see foreigners as a ATM
The only intellectual conversation that I have ever had here was with a (full blooded) Chinese Filipino at the local Chinese temple.

I am sure there are plenty Filipinos of native stock that are intelligent as well but you just won't find them. They stay in their guarded subdivisions, go to their societies and mingle with the similar top 5 percent crowd at work or at exclusive gatherings

Maybe you can try the student crowd in Manila although I wouldn't get my hopes up

The only intellectual conversation that I have ever had here was with a (full blooded) Chinese Filipino at the local Chinese temple.

I am sure there are plenty Filipinos of native stock that are intelligent as well but you just won't find them. They stay in their guarded subdivisions, go to their societies and mingle with the similar top 5 percent crowd at work or at exclusive gatherings

Maybe you can try the student crowd in Manila although I wouldn't get my hopes up
Yeah met some of these. Hard to find them. But they are a smart bunch. No wonder I must add.

bmw633

Woodpecker
Good points. I'd like to retire there with my wife someday. Having a wife all but takes care of the companionship and her family will make for a lot of other people to do things with. Seafood is something I have been hoping to have a lot of!
Where I live, there are fresh fish, crabs, shrimp, clams, and oysters. Ice is not commonly used on seafood. Ovens are not usually found in Filipino homes, so everything is usually boiled or fried. Not many vegetables usually, rice every meal.

My wife has an oven and is a wonderful cook, and will make me anything I want.

As far as friends are concerned, some of her family speak good English and I am on good terms with them. Expats can be varieties: guys who are broke or have no savings, guys who are recluses and are antisocial, drunks or drug addicts, guys who are weak, used by their wives/GFs as ATMs, and then there are some nice guys who can be good friends.