Filtering your water

I got a water TDS tester for like $15. I was shocked that my tap water was over 500ppm (unhealthy levels); used to tell everyone the water tasted like dirt/rust and everyone thought I was nuts...but this TDS tester proves it.

RO water was only 19 ppm and it's a basic installation under the sink.
For ultimate pure you can buy a water distiller (and add some pink salt if you want minerals); distilled water was 0ppm on the TDS tester.

For quick fixes the local grocery stores often have water in glass containers. VOSS and Acqua Panna both have low TDS water in glass.

BeefStew

Pigeon
This is something I've been meaning to do forever and have still not gotten up to finding an ideal solution.

The key is to remove the fluoride which those Brita filters won't do, and other fluoride removers might not remove all of it. Furthermore, all of the consumer reverse osmosis devices I've seen use plastic, which is another problem.

Does anyone know a cost affordable fluoride remover that doesn't have plastic components?

Grow Bag

Woodpecker
This is something I've been meaning to do forever and have still not gotten up to finding an ideal solution.

The key is to remove the fluoride which those Brita filters won't do, and other fluoride removers might not remove all of it. Furthermore, all of the consumer reverse osmosis devices I've seen use plastic, which is another problem.

Does anyone know a cost affordable fluoride remover that doesn't have plastic components?
Bone char can remove fluoride. There's an American ebay company "titanwaterpro" who sell it ($48 for 5 pounds).

CDRhodes

Sparrow
I’m on well water so no fluoride or chlorine to worry about. I run mine through a Brita to get rid of any possible life in there and get some of the mineral taste out. I wish there was something like a Brita that didn’t use so much plastic. As soon as I filter the days water I transfer it to a stainless steel container so I’m guessing that helps somewhat.