Finding a Husband during Corona

OutlawJustice

Sparrow
Woman
According to this, I'll be DQed because of taking the vaccine. Not because of fear, but mostly because of caution. As a lecturer, I encounter many students and colleagues daily and I don't entertain the idea of being ill. I am taking flu shots for more than 10 years.

In the rest, I wear masks only inside but almost never outside. I even had a discussion or two with the police force because of not wearing the mask outdoors. Polite discussions, in which I stood up my case and in which I was let go freely. My girlfriend was a bit freaked out when I told her this, but now she got used to it.

I didn't actively avoid meeting anybody in person, but I used the last months to work on a few books for school, to do calisthenics, to learn to cook arroz mexicano and to learn Dutch (these being the most important things). I didn't miss people much, one or two meetings per week (excluding those with my better half) were more than enough.

But yeah, I feel ya. You have a solid point with your post.
Here is a really interesting vid on getting shots vs not getting shots.
So good. XD

OutlawJustice

Sparrow
Woman
Oh and also! I only really came back to my faith over this past year due to everything that's happening, so when I moved here I genuinely didn't even consider the whole husband/kids aspect of things. I NEVER thought I'd ever desire to be a stay at home mum, and was pretty happy with this career development. But alas - the last year was a major eye-opener for me, and I really grew in my faith with Jesus and now all I want is a good Christian man and 6 kids on a homestead. Ha! It's almost comical because since I made this decision I've been getting offers that other colleagues would die for in terms of career advancement and I'm like 'nah' - gonna use my evenings to learn about raising a godly family :p
Same! I totally want to find a husband who's on board w/ creating a family surrounded by a Godly aura.
I'm into the homesteading idea too.
If your looking for a good prepper book here is one. I picked it up at a B&N.

Last edited:

stugatz

Pelican
@OutlawJustice, you said you’re from Ohio. I would suggest a traditionalist Catholic church like I said earlier.

Personal anecdote - a friend of mine at my last church met his fiancée through our young adult group in February 2019, they were dating by March, and he had asked her to marry him by summer of 2020.

This is a good source of Tridentine Catholic churches. It looks like you’ll have the most options (predictability) around the major cities.

Some may be in controversial communion or not in communion with Rome, if that matters to you - this site doesn’t elaborate. I would suggest something in communion, as you’ll have a larger congregation.

In communion vs. not in communion, though - you’re still not going to find fans of Francis at a Latin language service. The SSPX & sede churches just tend to be far more aggressive about not liking him.

Last edited:

KC123

Pigeon
Woman
Same! I totally want to find a husband who's on board w/ creating a family surrounded by a Godly aura.
I'm into the homesteading idea too.
If your looking for a good prepper book here is one. I picked it up at a B&N.
That's great. Thanks so much. Definitely one to add to the collection!

OutlawJustice

Sparrow
Woman
@OutlawJustice, you said you’re from Ohio. I would suggest a traditionalist Catholic church like I said earlier.

Personal anecdote - a friend of mine at my last church met his fiancée through our young adult group in February 2019, they were dating by March, and he had asked her to marry him by summer of 2020.

This is a good source of Tridentine Catholic churches. It looks like you’ll have the most options (predictability) around the major cities.

(Some may be in controversial communion or not in communion with Rome, if that matters to you - this site doesn’t elaborate. I would suggest something in communion, as you’ll have a larger congregation.)
What I've been noticing is that bible studies are segregated into women's and men's groups. And not just that, but by age too. Like freshmen & sophomore group or a junior senior group too. Why is that?
One of the Catholic sacraments is marriage. Don't they want Catholics to meet and marry each other?

stugatz

Pelican
What I've been noticing is that bible studies are segregated into women's and men's groups. And not just that, but by age too. Like freshmen & sophomore group or a junior senior group too. Why is that?
One of the Catholic sacraments is marriage. Don't they want Catholics to meet and marry each other?
We had that problem at my last church. Some people would say “guys, stop trying to turn this into a real life catholic match dot com”, and the usual retort was “um but don’t we want more congregants?”

We had a both-sexes young adult group alongside men’s and women’s groups that would meet other weeks. I don’t know if the churches you’ve looked at have mentioned a “young adult group”, but those are usually not single sex.

Sadly, my current church has an active men’s group that meets during corona, but the young adult group has suspended meetings for the time being...wonder why. This is an FSSP parish and you don’t see masks during mass.

kingtg

Pigeon
Woman
Any tips on finding a husband during our present covid world?
I've recently read and internalized Roosh's book Lady... while under covid though.
The masks, social distancing, no social gatherings, sterilzing shots (not interested)
make all the old ways very difficult.
Where do you live? Are there any meetings generated in this forum between men and women? If not, we should initiate them. (I am also interested in finding an Orthodox husband.)

OutlawJustice

Sparrow
Woman
Where do you live? Are there any meetings generated in this forum between men and women? If not, we should initiate them. (I am also interested in finding an Orthodox husband.)
In Ohio. Yeah, I'd be down for that.
According to some reports, men who got the shot will carry anti-fertility in their sperm making an even un-vac women sterile. These elites are comitting crimes against humanity.
Our potential pool of prospective husbands just *snap* gone like that.

Last edited:

PhatEarf

Pigeon
I'm not sure if men are supposed to comment in the ladies' forum (I just checked real quick, and looks like I'm good to go), but other men are here. I got this thread in my email from Roosh, so that's almost like an invitation. Anyway, I'll be brief: find men in church. Period. Full stop. DO NOT install a dating app on your phone. You should be trying to get away from "smart" phones as much as possible. Learn to cook and clean without a smart phone. I'm a divorced man. I know how hard it is. Sometimes I get stains on things, and I'm like, how on earth do I get this thing clean? Before the smart phone there were recipe cards, cook books, cooking magazines with recipes in them. We've always had help from media or family. Smart phones cut all of those people and all that community out of your life. Instead of finding a recipe online, consider asking women in your church for their favorite recipes. The internet has been the demise of church cook books. Community cook books, which preserved foods prepared in different ethnic communities of whites: Germans, Poles, Hungarians, Russians, etc., just don't get produced like they used to because the demand isn't there. Young women aren't asking old women for their tips and secrets. You might have to skip Gen-X and Boomers and go straight to the previous generation if you can still find some alive in your churches. The answer for women seeking marriage is the same for men: go to church. Go to church because it's the church God has called you to. Don't go to churches looking for men, I've seen that, and it's gross. Go to a Bible believing, Bible preaching church with conviction, and not a lukewarm feel-good, love everyone church with a rainbow flag out front. Go to a church that values righteousness over sinfulness. Not a self-righteous church, but one that does not tolerate wickedness. If you go to a church where women are in short dresses and yoga pants on a Sunday morning, run.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
If you go to a church where women are in short dresses and yoga pants on a Sunday morning, run.

It is great to hear men's insights on this forum. And what you have provided is helpful and interesting to ponder.

Speaking of church attire while looking at churches in our area I was happy to see one church with a page devoted to church etiquette.
It is stated no tight jeans or spandex for women, no short skirts, tank tops, etc (it is unfortunate this even has to be stated). The content goes on to say no lipstick of any kind (women were kissing the icons, chalices, crosses and leaving marks). Plus absolutely no heavy scented body products - hair products, perfumes, aftershave, lotions, etc.

And this church discusses the crossing of legs (man and woman) as too casual - agree.
A lady should not cross her legs, but rather cross her ankles with knees touching to the side.

Looking forward to reading more of your insights within this forum when appropriate.

PhatEarf

Pigeon
Looking forward to reading more of your insights within this forum when appropriate.

Thank you for saying so. I just want to add before I get viciously attacked (LOL I know you ladies wouldn't do that); I don't think a woman's only role in the home is to cook and clean. It was just an example of homemaker tasks, that I, as a man, am now familiar with because I have to do them myself, and to acknowledge that they are real skills. Maybe no matter what you do, you're terrible at cooking, but you find a man that is a chef at a restaurant. Great! Work that out within your own relationship. Maybe you like homesteading and want to take care of animals, or gardening/farming, crafting, sewing etc. All these things take time, and are worthwhile to the right man with vision to see your talents as beneficial to the household. As a general starting point, though, you should be able to cook and clean for yourself, no matter your current living situation. If you are at home with your parents, you should be doing that at home. If you are on your own, your home/apt/van-down-by-the-river, should be neat and tidy. It's not only practice for marriage, but good for your physical, spiritual, and mental well being. A man wants a healthy woman. Physically, mentally, and spiritually you should be a healthy woman. Before being married you should be looking towards your father as your spiritual head, but I know in this day and age, it's not always possible. When you are married, your husband is expected, according to the Bible, to be your head. Not the head of the household. So have some care when it comes to where you find that man. That's why I say no dating apps. You are really taking a shot in the dark on what he believes and what his convictions are, and if he can't even get his butt into a church, a church in whose beliefs you are aligned, will you really accept his beliefs when he is your husband and head? I have to say, that I don't see a lot of single women in my church (that aren't teenagers), so I understand if my advice doesn't seem that great. We must trust in the Lord to bring people back to the Church. We should pray that the Holy Spirit draws people back into fellowship with the churches in our communities, and to reject the solo Christian mentality that don't-need-no-church.

OutlawJustice

Sparrow
Woman
It is great to hear men's insights on this forum. And what you have provided is helpful and interesting to ponder.

Speaking of church attire while looking at churches in our area I was happy to see one church with a page devoted to church etiquette.
It is stated no tight jeans or spandex for women, no short skirts, tank tops, etc (it is unfortunate this even has to be stated). The content goes on to say no lipstick of any kind (women were kissing the icons, chalices, crosses and leaving marks). Plus absolutely no heavy scented body products - hair products, perfumes, aftershave, lotions, etc.

And this church discusses the crossing of legs (man and woman) as too casual - agree.
A lady should not cross her legs, but rather cross her ankles with knees touching to the side.

Yeah, crossing the legs will result in verrucose veins.

OutlawJustice

Sparrow
Woman
Thank you for saying so. I just want to add before I get viciously attacked (LOL I know you ladies wouldn't do that); I don't think a woman's only role in the home is to cook and clean. It was just an example of homemaker tasks, that I, as a man, am now familiar with because I have to do them myself, and to acknowledge that they are real skills. Maybe no matter what you do, you're terrible at cooking, but you find a man that is a chef at a restaurant. Great! Work that out within your own relationship. Maybe you like homesteading and want to take care of animals, or gardening/farming, crafting, sewing etc. All these things take time, and are worthwhile to the right man with vision to see your talents as beneficial to the household. As a general starting point, though, you should be able to cook and clean for yourself, no matter your current living situation. If you are at home with your parents, you should be doing that at home. If you are on your own, your home/apt/van-down-by-the-river, should be neat and tidy. It's not only practice for marriage, but good for your physical, spiritual, and mental well being. A man wants a healthy woman. Physically, mentally, and spiritually you should be a healthy woman. Before being married you should be looking towards your father as your spiritual head, but I know in this day and age, it's not always possible. When you are married, your husband is expected, according to the Bible, to be your head. Not the head of the household. So have some care when it comes to where you find that man. That's why I say no dating apps. You are really taking a shot in the dark on what he believes and what his convictions are, and if he can't even get his butt into a church, a church in whose beliefs you are aligned, will you really accept his beliefs when he is your husband and head? I have to say, that I don't see a lot of single women in my church (that aren't teenagers), so I understand if my advice doesn't seem that great. We must trust in the Lord to bring people back to the Church. We should pray that the Holy Spirit draws people back into fellowship with the churches in our communities, and to reject the solo Christian mentality that don't-need-no-church.
Fellowship is one thing I'm not used to. I'm used to living a place after I've come there to do what I came to do. I know that's where you can build friendships. However, I really don't know what you go up to people that are already in a group of probably friends and talk about.

OutlawJustice

Sparrow
Woman
I'm not sure if men are supposed to comment in the ladies' forum (I just checked real quick, and looks like I'm good to go), but other men are here. I got this thread in my email from Roosh, so that's almost like an invitation. Anyway, I'll be brief: find men in church. Period. Full stop. DO NOT install a dating app on your phone. You should be trying to get away from "smart" phones as much as possible. Learn to cook and clean without a smart phone. I'm a divorced man. I know how hard it is. Sometimes I get stains on things, and I'm like, how on earth do I get this thing clean? Before the smart phone there were recipe cards, cook books, cooking magazines with recipes in them. We've always had help from media or family. Smart phones cut all of those people and all that community out of your life. Instead of finding a recipe online, consider asking women in your church for their favorite recipes. The internet has been the demise of church cook books. Community cook books, which preserved foods prepared in different ethnic communities of whites: Germans, Poles, Hungarians, Russians, etc., just don't get produced like they used to because the demand isn't there. Young women aren't asking old women for their tips and secrets. You might have to skip Gen-X and Boomers and go straight to the previous generation if you can still find some alive in your churches. The answer for women seeking marriage is the same for men: go to church. Go to church because it's the church God has called you to. Don't go to churches looking for men, I've seen that, and it's gross. Go to a Bible believing, Bible preaching church with conviction, and not a lukewarm feel-good, love everyone church with a rainbow flag out front. Go to a church that values righteousness over sinfulness. Not a self-righteous church, but one that does not tolerate wickedness. If you go to a church where women are in short dresses and yoga pants on a Sunday morning, run.
This is great. Thank you. I have been pursuing my faith so that's good that there is a prospect that it can lead to a relationship that results in a family.
Good thing I'm not attached to my phone. I already possess many of the stay-at-home-mom mini-jobs by coincidence growing up. Except maid (cleaning). I'm an artist so that's my excuse. But I am working on it b/c I know that is important.
I didn't have my mom at home when I was kid, but I wanted it. Looking back at my childhood, I needed it. I see my mom and she works 2 jobs: works at an organization and does all the same things a stay at home mom does. Doesn't seem fair to ask a woman to do 2 jobs.

Tex Cruise

Pelican
Has Roosh changed his policy that women can post on the forum?
aps,504x498,small,transparent-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

According to this, I'll be DQed because of taking the vaccine. Not because of fear, but mostly because of caution. As a lecturer, I encounter many students and colleagues daily and I don't entertain the idea of being ill. I am taking flu shots for more than 10 years.

In the rest, I wear masks only inside but almost never outside. I even had a discussion or two with the police force because of not wearing the mask outdoors. Polite discussions, in which I stood up my case and in which I was let go freely. My girlfriend was a bit freaked out when I told her this, but now she got used to it.

I didn't actively avoid meeting anybody in person, but I used the last months to work on a few books for school, to do calisthenics, to learn to cook arroz mexicano and to learn Dutch (these being the most important things). I didn't miss people much, one or two meetings per week (excluding those with my better half) were more than enough.

But yeah, I feel ya. You have a solid point with your post.
You didn't take the vaccine because of caution, you took the vaccine due to fear and cowardice. If you truly wanted to be cautious, the very last thing you would have done is inject yourself with experimental dna changing technology spiked with aborted babies, nanotech, and probably luciferase enzyme- all for a virus they can't even isolate that- and, if it exists at all- isn't dangerous in the first place.

I strongly suggest you get on your knees, beg God for forgiveness, and ask Him to heal you.

OP- this is exactly the sort of man you want to stay away from at all costs.

PhatEarf

Pigeon
Fellowship is one thing I'm not used to. I'm used to living a place after I've come there to do what I came to do. I know that's where you can build friendships. However, I really don't know what you go up to people that are already in a group of probably friends and talk about.
I started going to a church in town (after fleeing a short dress and yoga pants church closer to my home), and everyone was so friendly. They were happy to walk up to me and introduce themselves and inquire about me. Not all churches are the same, but after spending some time with them it seemed really genuine, and it's a great place for my girls to make friends since there are a lot of kids there their age (another thing the other church didn't have). If you don't have a church, look around in your area. Some places have church during the week, so you can visit multiple churches a week to find a place that is a good fit. The internet helps because you can oftentimes find a website that lists their beliefs. I'm going to a Baptist church, but I'm really more of a Reformed Calvinist guy. I don't talk theology with them, though. I try to go to a Hungarian Reformed church when I don't have my kids, but it's about 1.5 hours away from home.