Finding Allies & Deciding Locations

In trying times, you need allies and be positioned in the best location possible for your family. How do we accomplish these?

My wife and I have struggled to make real allies, and we're unsure if staying put is best or not. We had hoped to spend the rest of our lives here, raising our children. I assumed we can't be the only ones experiencing this, so I hoped to get conversation going.

• How have you found your closest, newest allies IRL, especially since both sides of the political divide suck?
  • What do you look for when fostering a relationship with new allies?
  • Looking at the map, is there really anywhere to go anymore with all this insanity?
  • What communities are left standing where it's good to raise children?
  • Are most churches a lost cause now?

We're in a small city at one side of a 3rd-tier metro that splits 50/50 for politics. Our local govt is filled with mostly liberals and then watery conservatives. The state is tipping toward the direction of California. I know about general recommendations like the Appalachian, etc. etc. I'm not new to the prepping game. We're semi-professional and clean-cut, but mostly regular, mid-life, successful people looking for safety for our children from clown world.

That's definitely one of the biggest problems right now, I personally am single with no kids so my environment still matters but it's not that big of a deal to me, that being said I think the best option is to leave the country, countries like Hungary, Ecuador, Paraguay, even Russia (my friend just came back and said it's an option, "yes it's corrupt but it's predictably corrupt"). If you have a needed skill like doctor or computer programmer or engineer it will be easy to immigrate. Unfortunately all the gun laws in other countries suck, you may be able to acquire them with licensing etc. but you cannot bring yours there, and I am not willing to part with mine at this time.

In the US, states I have identified as good are Arkansas, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Wyoming and Alaska, obviously all these options except perhaps Alaska have an expiration date for their suitability unfortunately. I personally live in Texas and although it isn't perfect, it's better than a lot of places and it's okay for now, I do plan on leaving eventually. There is a good book called Strategic Relocation by Joel M Skousen that I have which ranks the states, another one is Reconnaissance Man by Aaron Clarey, they don't address the spiritual component however. Another option is simply going off demographics of different areas, although simple and some would say RaCisT, it works. As far as Churches go, I would say most are probably lost causes, but consider Orthodox churches, often a large percentage of the parishioners are legal 1st or 2nd generation immigrants and with traditional, Biblical, and common sense views.

As far as making allies goes, it's definitely not easy, but I think the Church should be the first place you look, secondly consider options like gun ranges/stores, shooting courses, survival courses, some of these people may not be Christian but at least they have views that may make them suitable for an ally.

This problem is one of the reasons I posted the Texas meetup thread, unfortunately not many people have taken an interest. Should things deteriorate rapidly, I may be 50 times more prepared than the next guy but it still isn't ideal for me to go it alone.

@whitewashedblackguy I think Switzerland has some advantages, such as a high percentage of the population being armed and trained, and the country having favorable topography for defense and a history of remaining neutral, however I do not speak German or French, but yes I would consider it, I'd need to look into it more, also I still cannot bring my guns there. There are export laws in the US and I'm sure import laws that prohibit it in Switzerland. The reason that is such a sticking point for me is I may or may not have a LOT of money in guns, ammo, and equipment.

ABeast

Sparrow
There is really no way to know where will be the best area unless you already have connections with people there. If you have a community I would stay with it so long as they are willing to cooperate in home-schooling, ect. So far I have been making connections with people who were willing to stand-up and organize against the lockdowns. It's not much, but at least it showed me that most of the people I thought I could count on are useless.

Easy_C

Crow
Another point to look at is how local law enforcement has behaved in areas. If you see areas where they're allowing and enabling people to protect themselves that should bump the location up several notches on your list. There's a number of areas where sheriffs have openly said "if a rioter attacks someone and gets shot, tough shit".

@acco interesting links, still though to have to get a license/permit for everything I have would be insane, and some stuff I have is prohibited to export by US law, which if the US didn't know, the Swiss would when I try to get a permit for it, and they might notify the US.

Ade

How would you guys answer if OP was say from.. Eastern Europe and wanting to move to the US? Would it make a difference?

I am currently looking into where to move because I'm frustrated with not being able to defend myself (I live in the UK atm) and don't want to speak German or French. From what I have read myself Colorado and Texas sound the best, mainly due to better job opportunities, as I want to set up a business in tech soon and Silicon Valley is out of the question.

Errol

Pigeon
I haven't researched it, but I understand of Swiss gun ownership typically depends on your residency permit, which for most non-EU citizens, typically takes around five years.
So it undoubtedly would create a lot of headaches for @Red_Pill_Medic
However, given all the construction I see being built here for migrants from war-torn countries, I think its high-time for Americans to start getting in on it!

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
I have read myself Colorado and Texas sound the best, mainly due to better job opportunities, as I want to set up a business in tech soon and Silicon Valley is out of the question.
Is there a reason you need to move to The US?

How would you guys answer if OP was say from.. Eastern Europe and wanting to move to the US? Would it make a difference?

I am currently looking into where to move because I'm frustrated with not being able to defend myself (I live in the UK atm) and don't want to speak German or French. From what I have read myself Colorado and Texas sound the best, mainly due to better job opportunities, as I want to set up a business in tech soon and Silicon Valley is out of the question.
I agree you need to leave the UK for sure, but if your moving countries anyway, the US isn't necessarily the best option, it probably is at the current moment if you factor in availability of firearms, but all the other factors would sway me towards eastern Europe or Russia besides not being able to speak any of those languages which is the main obvious drawback.

Ade

Is there a reason you need to move to The US?
I don't 'need' to. I'm doing it because I find it easier to reach my potential there and have a good life. Also, integrating into and assimilating the culture is vastly different to moving to an European country. Like it or not, the US is still the immigrant's dream.
Eastern Europe is economically in a dire situation, especially after this lockdown. I didn't move because I hate my country. It feels like staying there is like sacrificing myself for a chance of improving things and I'm not willing to do that. I know people who have businesses back home. The bureaucracy you need to go through is nothing like the US (or UK for that matter). I won't even mention the corruption, the bribes..

Ade

I agree you need to leave the UK for sure, but if your moving countries anyway, the US isn't necessarily the best option, it probably is at the current moment if you factor in availability of firearms, but all the other factors would sway me towards eastern Europe or Russia besides not being able to speak any of those languages which is the main obvious drawback.
I don't even want to think about speaking a Slavic language for the rest of my life. It's just not aesthetically pleasing to me. I have been speaking English since I was 6, I'm funnily better at writing essays in English than in my mother tongue. Also, as opposed to the US, most European countries hate immigrants or are at best 'okay' with them (which I don't have a problem with, Europe should remain like that), so you'll always be 'that guy' and they'll speak behind your back.

Do you really think there will be no good parts left of the US? It is a huge country after all. If hypothetically you had to choose and the US would be the only option, what would it be?

Do you really think there will be no good parts left of the US? It is a huge country after all. If hypothetically you had to choose and the US would be the only option, what would it be?
Texas would be your best bet. Lots of tech jobs moving here. Good gun laws. Austin is where the tech is at, but it’s pretty liberal here. Nevada may be good too. Good place to start a business for sure.

Texas is down to somewhere around 1/4th white births.
Colorado is rapidly turning into wealthy, white lifestyle leftist central in most of the populated areas.

Not sure if you care about either of those issues.

ginsu

Robin
I don't 'need' to. I'm doing it because I find it easier to reach my potential there and have a good life. Also, integrating into and assimilating the culture is vastly different to moving to an European country. Like it or not, the US is still the immigrant's dream.
Eastern Europe is economically in a dire situation, especially after this lockdown. I didn't move because I hate my country. It feels like staying there is like sacrificing myself for a chance of improving things and I'm not willing to do that. I know people who have businesses back home. The bureaucracy you need to go through is nothing like the US (or UK for that matter). I won't even mention the corruption, the bribes..
If it would be possible to run your business online, or build a career remotely would that change your views ?.

I haven't researched it, but I understand of Swiss gun ownership typically depends on your residency permit, which for most non-EU citizens, typically takes around five years.
So it undoubtedly would create a lot of headaches for @Red_Pill_Medic
However, given all the construction I see being built here for migrants from war-torn countries, I think its high-time for Americans to start getting in on it!
Switzerland seems pretty nice, but the grass is always seems greener from the outside. It probably has the same set of problems like all european countries do. Leftists, giving everything away to middle easterners/Africans and there not being any real resistance. There is some opposition in politics but they are always shut out from ever gaining real influence to stop it. Sooner or later you will become frustrated with it too. The number of migrants is just going to keep rising and rising, the EU will make sure of that and all our leaders go along with it. Moving to switzerland will buy you some years of time 5-10 at most but eventually its all the same in every western country. In my mind if you're going to pick a hill to die on better choose your birthplace, or just go far enough that you don't have to deal with it in your lifetime hopefully ( eastern eu, asia, latin am ). Moving from america to europa is just a temporary middleground.

I don't even want to think about speaking a Slavic language for the rest of my life. It's just not aesthetically pleasing to me. I have been speaking English since I was 6, I'm funnily better at writing essays in English than in my mother tongue. Also, as opposed to the US, most European countries hate immigrants or are at best 'okay' with them (which I don't have a problem with, Europe should remain like that), so you'll always be 'that guy' and they'll speak behind your back.

Unfortunately I do think that all but Alaska will become inhospitable, mainly due to the interconnectedness of the modern world, via the internet, social media, roads, public transport, and commerce all the areas will eventually be ruined. Consider south america such as ecuador and paraguay, there are many expat pages and forums of people who went there from the US or UK. I think with the current floyd situation we are seeing just how easily an area can become a hellscape with the government at best not aiding and at worst spearheading the operation, then you have the percentage of people who are animals and seize the opportunity to actively participate in it, and the percentage who are sheep and do nothing about it or even support it. The information operations underway in the US have been going on for some time and are currently ramping up incredibly quickly, very soon you will be at risk of physical assault if you venture into any even mildly urban area as a white person, much less be able to hold a job with views matching anything other than a cuck or collaborator. I see multiple videos everyday of white people being assaulted by groups of POC meanwhile the information operations are in overdrive on MSM and social media, as well as services like netflix, amazon video, etc.

I could see why you might want to move to the US. It's going to be the at the center of this fight. People who want to be part of that fight would want to be in the US. I would absolutely be thrilled with living somewhere in the North-West, Mid-West, with a family, kids and guns. Probably not a realistic option.

I'm thinking strongly about emigrating to Poland, Baltics, Hungary, in that order. I probably prefer Hungary based on culture and political climate, but the language is a bitch. I would consider it exile and I would probably get more involved with online media, once I lived in a country where cops would not bust my door for writing "hateful" stuff online. After all, if Hungarians could flee to the West during their communist tenure, then they probably won't mind us doing the same.

We only have one life and I am beginning to think I just can't see myself having to constantly consider what I say, constantly having to endure post-modern culture, constantly having to play second team, just for having the opinions that I have. I just want to live somewhere were life is not done on Hard level, because you're a conservative.

It would probably mean officially emigrating as well, because having an adress in your home country/state, would probably be too much of a risk. The gov could come after you through stuff like taxes.