Fitness YouTuber Connor Murphy

Roosh

Cardinal
Connor Murphy is a popular fitness YouTube with over 2 million subscribers. He has a business partnership with another fitness YouTuber, Brandon Carter (kingketo), who I know.

In the past week, Connor has been putting up videos on YouTube that suggested his mental state is unstable. The rumor is that he took Ayahuasca and had a bad trip. There is a video of him crying on YouTube. You can search for it if you want to watch it.

There is a danger on diagnosing people via a screen, but he seems to have hit a peak with pleasure and success (he states he was sleeping with 3 girls per day), and the drug may have revealed to him the utter failure of that material route, which has also uncovered pre-existing problems he had with his parents. He is having trouble reconciling the revelation with the life he led. If he did use a drug, it gave him too much too soon.

Here is his YouTube:

Pray for him if you can.

KingDavid

Sparrow
He's talking about intuitiveness. There is a quote by Einstein that summarizes the entire video: "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

He's early in his path to Christianity but has started, and he will get there.

joost

Kingfisher
Those kids that were born with good genetics, take some steroids in their early 20' and try to give diet advice. Connor Murphy had an "epiphany" after taking some drugs? He's still very young and will do many more mistakes in his life. I'll let him continue with his 1st-world problems.

There's nothing we can learn from him. Apart to be entertained for a few minutes (or however long his YouTube videos are).

Unqualified to talk about him spiritually/recently but I have liked his videos decently in the past. It's a shame he had hairloss and had to decide whether to keep his testosterone or his hair. Because he was pretty good looking because of his great hair/facial features and body.

Obvious he was on roids but it seems the Americans particularly the girls love it.

GoldHawkStar

Pelican
Gold Member
My dude Connor Murphy. He definitely posts some goofball videos, but they've made for great entertainment in the past 5 years with an obvious side of gym motivation.

That said, he obviously is going through a breakdown. This is unfortunately reminding me of Etika, a YouTuber who made similar videos about a week before he drowned himself in a river.

I do hope Conner gets the help he needs.

Peacock
Gold Member
Quitting roids would be a good start:

People also ask
Can steroids cause mental health problems?
Steroid use can cause anxiety, depression, paranoia and psychosis in those people who have a vulnerability to mental health problems. Drug use can lead to social and emotional problems and affect a person's relationship with family and friends.
Steroids: The Facts booklet - Mental Health Commission
www.mhc.wa.gov.au › media › steroids-the-facts-booklet

Is depression a side effect of steroids?
Steroid use can cause anxiety, depression, paranoia and psychosis in those people who have a vulnerability to mental health problems. Drug use can lead to social and emotional problems and affect a person's relationship with family and friends.

How is steroid induced psychosis treated?

Whenever possible, tapering corticosteroids—ideally to less than 40 mg daily—is recommended as a first step to manage corticosteroid-induced psychosis; tapering and discontinuation of steroids may be sufficient to improve psychiatric symptoms without requiring additional medications.Jul 14, 2016
Systemic Corticosteroid–Associated Psychiatric Adverse Effects
www.uspharmacist.com › article › systemic-corticosteroidassociated-psy
https://www.uspharmacist.com/article/systemic-corticosteroidassociated-psychiatric-adverse-effects

The guy has other prroblems, being a vapid male thot addicted to serial sterile sex, but dealing with the obvious physiological symptoms is a good start for him.

Zep

Kingfisher
A quick glance showed me he first needs to chill out.

This is where modern meds can be life-saving. He seems very agitated, 3 mgs of clonazepam throughout the day 8 hours apart, a first initial dose of 3mgs at once, he needs to 'come down'. 3 months ago I was in an extremely agitated state but knew what to do, took 4 mgs of clonazepam and in 30 minutes was fine. From "Arrrghhhhhhhhhhh, arrggggghhhhh" to "Ok I need some eggs, bread, and Apple Cider Vinegar". It was a one time thing. I no longer take huge amounts of clonazepam, but I do know how to use it!

Will anyone listen to me? Nope. lol.

This video is great .. a life saved.

Three months ago at my place of work, a building in a part of town where there were a lot of addicts, a girl was found in one of our bathrooms in this guys exact state, the opioids slow the breathing way way down. (hence the mans gasping for breath.) If that Narcan wasn't administered in time the person would die from not breathing, duh. We didn't have Narcan in the building, I let the paramedics in and they did exactly what was done here and she woke up, lucid and pissed off. Look at the dude in the video at the end. He's talking fine, and listen to the paramedic ask what he took "Heroin? Morphine? Fentynal?" This is it, the opioid crisis. We've had two in the building, eyes rolled right back, the body gasping for breath. We got some Narcan the next day and staff was taught how to use it. Sometimes they need three shots to come back to life.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Wow. This guy is spiraling out of control. Posts a video talking to his parents, where his parents explicitly ask him not to post it on YouTube.

Watch the eyes.

I hate to cast negative light on Connor, but instances like these need to be highlighted. Like Roosh mentioned, the hedonist lifestyle burns you out. People think it's all flowers & peonies because they only see the "good times," they don't see what's going on behind the scenes, and the destruction of the soul.

Also, the rising popularity of Ayahuasca is concerning. Psychedelics are no joke and should not be as commonplace as they are today. With weed legalized, we're definitely seeing the "slippery slope" of drugs.

open source

Sparrow
Gold Member
His last video titled "Goodbye" was taken down. Which people are reposting.

He says in the beginning, "It's just acting so youtube keeps it up". Then pretty much started to break down. Hard.

I believe he's found now. Hope he gets better.

scorpion

Ostrich
Gold Member
Also, the rising popularity of Ayahuasca is concerning. Psychedelics are no joke and should not be as commonplace as they are today. With weed legalized, we're definitely seeing the "slippery slope" of drugs.
Very true. This guy got in way over his head and paid the price with this meltdown. Psychedelics are not something to mess around with, especially if you lack an existing strong spiritual and philosophical foundation. For example, when you watch these videos he seems completely hung up on the idea of the ego itself being a sort of imaginary construct - which is true. But you don't have to take psychedelics to understand that. Good spiritual and philosophical education will highlight that reality to you. But instead of doing that homework first, he took a big dose of psychedelics, experienced ego death and basically lost his mind because of it.

I also suspect he suffered hormonal damage from taking steroids at a young age and coming off them without proper post-cycle therapy. He is very likely operating with extremely low levels of natural testosterone production, which is contributing to his hyper-emotional behavior.

Hopefully he can turn his life around, but at this point he is basically just serving as a trainwreck warning guys how not to live their lives (i.e. trying to take shortcuts with everything - steroids for muscles, psychedelics for spiritual growth, social media fame for meaning/purpose). Do not be like him. Put in the hard work to build a real foundation for your life, don't look for shortcuts everywhere.

bucky

Ostrich
Very true. This guy got in way over his head and paid the price with this meltdown. Psychedelics are not something to mess around with, especially if you lack an existing strong spiritual and philosophical foundation. For example, when you watch these videos he seems completely hung up on the idea of the ego itself being a sort of imaginary construct - which is true. But you don't have to take psychedelics to understand that. Good spiritual and philosophical education will highlight that reality to you. But instead of doing that homework first, he took a big dose of psychedelics, experienced ego death and basically lost his mind because of it.

I also suspect he suffered hormonal damage from taking steroids at a young age and coming off them without proper post-cycle therapy. He is very likely operating with extremely low levels of natural testosterone production, which is contributing to his hyper-emotional behavior.

Hopefully he can turn his life around, but at this point he is basically just serving as a trainwreck warning guys how not to live their lives (i.e. trying to take shortcuts with everything - steroids for muscles, psychedelics for spiritual growth, social media fame for meaning/purpose). Do not be like him. Put in the hard work to build a real foundation for your life, don't look for shortcuts everywhere.
Excellent take. I'd add put in the hard work and accept that your results will be different from those who take the shortcuts you mentioned. For example with training as a natty, you aren't going to get roid-like results no matter how hard you work, but what you achieve won't be dependent on drugs or chain you to them.

I've followed him for a long time, he said at the start of all the videos he's just acting, so I'm not sure if he's being real or what, I'd like to think he has abandoned that lifestyle but I doubt it.

Cortés

Woodpecker
Gold Member
This fall from grace really hits close to home. I will be praying for him tonight.

I spent the later half of high school on steroids and doing psychedelic drugs. I put so much garbage into my body, it is truly by the grace of God that I did not end up losing my mind like this guy. It all blew up in my face, and I came within inches of destroying my life and the lives of my family.

Thank the Lord that I came out on top of all of it. Being that young and diving deep into a world of vice is extremely dangerous. Most people never make it out, or at least can never live a normal life.

Drug issues are a modern solution to a modern issue. In today's age, you are led to believe that you should feel good by any means necessary. Drugs, sex, and money are addictive pursuits. I know that I used to see drugs as a kind of enhancement on my personality and life in general. Drugs would lower my inhibitions, I would be more confident around girls, etc. All they do is make the problem worse AND you become dependent on a substance to do anything.

Its been a few years since i've dabbled in weed, psychs, ecstacy, stimulants etc. Overcoming my vices was the ultimate show of destiny through God. If I did not hit rock bottom, I may not have found my way back to the church and make all the necessary changes in my life to live more according to the word of the Lord. I feel so incredibly lucky that God is on my side and I am not going crazy.

Talus

Pigeon
This is terribly sad to watch. If the rumor that he took ayuhuasca is true, I bet it induced some sort of schizophrenia. I had an experience on drugs one night, several years ago, where my brain constantly jumped from revelation to revelation of enlightenment and paranoia, all wrapped perfectly into a hellish gift I thought was absolute truth. It shocked my soul. The next day when I was sober was the calmest feeling of my life. The lie was over. His poor soul is being tormented right now in way we might not even know. Hopefully God can bring peace to him.