Flying Old Glory

I’m thankful to live in a conservative neighborhood, though I can see this changing right before my very eyes fairly quickly. When I first moved in, not too long ago, the vast majority of homes on my street flew the American flag out front. This was true for most of the neighborhood.

Over the past year things have changed quite a bit. Good neighbors have moved. I’ve seen other homes go up for sale. Contractors have torn up nearby open space to make room for ugly tract housing. Traffic has noticeably increased. I’ve seen a bit of a demographic shift. My wife has asked me why the local grocery store suddenly has a bunch of products in Spanish catering specifically to Mexicans, like they know something the rest of us don’t.

One of the things I’ve noticed is that after the election, there are a lot less flags on display on my street. To the best of my knowledge, this isn’t because the owner moved, but because they just stopped flying it. One neighbor across the street flew his flag upside down for most of last year and then took it down altogether after the “election” was “over.”

I still have mine up. I’ve considered taking it down, even before all of the recent garbage, just because I think the country is corrupt and I don’t support that. However, I’ve kept it up despite my misgivings. I’m quite ambivalent about it.

I’m curious to see what you all think about the flag. What does it symbolize? Is flying the American flag in 2021 compatible with Christianity? Does it matter one way or the other?

kel

Ostrich
908345.jpg

R E T V R N T O T R A D I T I O N

I've never been one to fly it myself, having realized in the late 1990s and especially after 9-11 where we were headed. However, when I see someone else flying it, I assume they're probably on my side. Maybe a little misguided if they're a Boomer but still more likely to agree with me about values.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
I still fly the flag. I am still proud of my service, and I still feel fortunate to be born in this country with a tradition of rugged individualism and self sufficiency, regardless of how far we have erred from our glory days.

I still love that we have freedoms in America that other countries do not....and while we have some anarcho-tehcno oppression here... we have it much better in the US than a MAJORITY of countries in the world. I still have my God/Guns and ability to keep private property.

To suggest otherwise to me means that the person hasn't seen the real evil and oppression in the world.

America has plenty of problems, and we have become like any empire..... BUT..... we are still a nation that the world envies for our freedom.

Some on here are going to disagree...but I think its good to differentiate between the USA as a historical nation and USA as the leader of Globohomo. There is a difference.

Also I have a 100+Y/O confederate battle flag I also have framed in the house.

Monty_Brogan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I still fly the flag. I am still proud of my service, and I still feel fortunate to be born in this country with a tradition of rugged individualism and self sufficiency, regardless of how far we have erred from our glory days.

I still love that we have freedoms in America that other countries do not....and while we have some anarcho-tehcno oppression here... we have it much better in the US than a MAJORITY of countries in the world. I still have my God/Guns and ability to keep private property.

To suggest otherwise to me means that the person hasn't seen the real evil and oppression in the world.

America has plenty of problems, and we have become like any empire..... BUT..... we are still a nation that the world envies for our freedom.

Some on here are going to disagree...but I think its good to differentiate between the USA as a historical nation and USA as the leader of Globohomo. There is a difference.

Agree. I fly a Bennington Flag.

Was considering taking it down, but I too am proud of my service. Show she’ll stay up.

Well said and thank you for your service, brother.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
I think it's only a matter of time before they try to replace it for some other globohomo combo flag that looks like a mashup between the South African flag and the gay/transgender flags. The addition of PR and DC as states will provide the perfect excuse to revamp the tired old tradition of old glory, yadda yadda.... I think they'll try it.

But yeah, when I see a flag outside of a house, it's usually a safe bet the occupants are more likely than not aligned closer to my values than that of globohomo. At least for now.

I think it's only a matter of time before they try to replace it for some other globohomo combo flag that looks like a mashup between the South African flag and the gay/transgender flags. The addition of PR and DC as states will provide the perfect excuse to revamp the tired old tradition of old glory, yadda yadda.... I think they'll try it.

But yeah, when I see a flag outside of a house, it's usually a safe bet the occupants are more likely than not aligned closer to my values than that of globohomo. At least for now.
That’s why I still fly it.

To me the American flag represents the ideals of America: freedom, human rights, individualism, independence, self-reliance, resourcefulness, discipline, industriousness, pragmatism, innovation, and creativity.

And to see it go down like this is a great tragedy for our country.

There are even leftists trampling on or burning the flag that represents the ideals that made the modern world with all of its scientific and technological wonders a reality.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
I’m thankful to live in a conservative neighborhood, though I can see this changing right before my very eyes fairly quickly. When I first moved in, not too long ago, the vast majority of homes on my street flew the American flag out front. This was true for most of the neighborhood.

Over the past year things have changed quite a bit. Good neighbors have moved. I’ve seen other homes go up for sale. Contractors have torn up nearby open space to make room for ugly tract housing. Traffic has noticeably increased. I’ve seen a bit of a demographic shift. My wife has asked me why the local grocery store suddenly has a bunch of products in Spanish catering specifically to Mexicans, like they know something the rest of us don’t.

One of the things I’ve noticed is that after the election, there are a lot less flags on display on my street. To the best of my knowledge, this isn’t because the owner moved, but because they just stopped flying it. One neighbor across the street flew his flag upside down for most of last year and then took it down altogether after the “election” was “over.”

I still have mine up. I’ve considered taking it down, even before all of the recent garbage, just because I think the country is corrupt and I don’t support that. However, I’ve kept it up despite my misgivings. I’m quite ambivalent about it.

I’m curious to see what you all think about the flag. What does it symbolize? Is flying the American flag in 2021 compatible with Christianity? Does it matter one way or the other?

That was me!

On a serious note; what does the flag even represent these days? I can understand your neighbours' blackpilling. Also; the USA was founded by freemasons who have nothing in common with Christians.

That was me!

On a serious note; what does the flag even represent these days? I can understand your neighbours' blackpilling. Also; the USA was founded by freemasons who have nothing in common with Christians.
Eh, is that really the case? It was founded by flawed men just like any other, kings or not. They were exceptional nonetheless. The population was overwhelmingly Christian. Would you say it was more or less Christian at its founding than Australia’s? And what about today? Is the US more or less?

It doesn’t matter really, because we both live in broken countries now. I want to look forward. Beyond those who are merely my countrymen, how do I signal to my brothers?

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
Eh, is that really the case? It was founded by flawed men just like any other, kings or not. They were exceptional nonetheless. The population was overwhelmingly Christian. Would you say it was more or less Christian at its founding than Australia’s? And what about today? Is the US more or less?

It doesn’t matter really, because we both live in broken countries now. I want to look forward. Beyond those who are merely my countrymen, how do I signal to my brothers?

I'm not trying to gaslight you. Yes you are right in that Australia was also founded by masons, which then (historically) were a very different institution. Christianity and freemasonry has never been mutual though.

May I ask you if you have the means to go country?

Steiner

Sparrow

I think the time for external signals is coming to an end. Not saying that Old Glory is at that level yet, but it is clear that our beliefs will not be tolerated by the current regime. I would be wary of trying to signal your power level to the unknown bros around in any other way for the time being.

All I can say is screw it man, fly the flag! It's still a beautiful flag in it's own right. Personally when I see it I think of the positive times of the USA; those that came before us: the industrious people that forged their path through life on this glorious slice of dirt and rock! I actually think of Tom Cruise's iconic line at the end of TAPS to be honest:

Douglas Quaid

Kingfisher
I still like seeing people fly the American flag. Neighborhoods/towns that have lots of houses with them are usually safe, clean and full of better people.

Depending on the state, I'd also fly a state flag (Florida, Texas, Idaho, Tennessee, etc.)

I fly the American flag but I just ordered a Christian embroidered flag and I am super jacked to get that bad oscar up and flying proudly this summer. Will be flown above the American flag. Spent $40 on it which is like $25 more than I've spent on any other flag (thought it was weird because the manufacturer made Christian and American flags for $7 more than the embroidered Israel, British, Canadian, and Irish flags. Maybe those other flags don't have as high demand?) Anyway the comments section for the Christian flag were great - "Christ is Risen! Great durable flag! Made in the USA, lasted 2 years+ and survived a hurricane!"