Flying Old Glory

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I'm up in Canada, so flying old glory would be a bit of a LARP.

I have a Flemish flag I hope to get up soon. I am a european descendent in a post modern state. I like it because it's at once non confrontational, shows pride in heritage, and does not show support for the government.

Flag_of_Flanders.svg.png

I have the US flag on a two-story high flagpole outside my house. I've considered switching it out for the Betsy Ross flag to make what I stand for a little more clear, but I decided to stick with the current flag. My family has been in the new world since the 1600s, but they were never part of the 13 colonies. So the current flag is really mine in a way that the flag of the original American nation isn't. Though our founding, based as it was on Christianity and the Natural Law, is a much better thing to think about than what we've become.

magaman

Robin
I have the US flag on a two-story high flagpole outside my house. I've considered switching it out for the Betsy Ross flag to make what I stand for a little more clear, but I decided to stick with the current flag. My family has been in the new world since the 1600s, but they were never part of the 13 colonies. So the current flag is really mine in a way that the flag of the original American nation isn't. Though our founding, based as it was on Christianity and the Natural Law, is a much better thing to think about than what we've become.
Part of my family has been here since the 1600s and the other part who knows how long.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
I feel conflicted about flying it. I had one up until the "election", but I took it down.

The American government before our current time had a lot of problems (masonic and then capitalist), but it also represented a great people and high ideals. Now it represents a satanic government and I don't think it even represents the same people any more. I don't want to be giving support to the wars this government is likely to start.

I unironically wish this new government would officially change the flag to something that represents them, such as making the rainbow flag the official US Government flag. They already fly it over our embassies, and the rainbow one is the one they would never let people burn.

And leave the historic American flag to us. In a way the Confederate flag is luckier, in that by being banned it is not going to pick up any association with this degenerate time.