Former Defense Secretary James Mattis denounces Donald Trump and backs the rioters

paninaro

Kingfisher
Why does Trump pick one backstabber after another?
Probably because Trump is an incompetent manager. He's on his 4th chief of staff, 4th national security advisor, and like his 6th communication chief (I lost track).

If you're a good leader and manager, you're not going to lose top staff all the time, either to them resigning or you firing them. You hire good people to start, and you manage them well.

paninaro

Kingfisher
But what does a Republican platform in 2024 look like? I'm not exaggerating when I suggest it's pro-tranny, pro-gay marriage, pro increased immigration (more "legal" immigration and less "illegal" while pretending the outcome is different), pro-equality, pro-diversity. How will they even differentiate themselves with Democrats? They will promise to keep for-profit insurance companies between you and your doctor, and a lower capital gains tax rate?
I think it's a moderate Republican, for example Larry Hogan, governor of Maryland. He's got the second highest approval rating of any governor in the US.

There's no need to be pro-tranny, and gay marriage is stare decisis essentially since the Supreme Court already ruled on that. To win the election, you need to win the vote of the moderates. The hardcore leftists will vote for whoever has a (D) next to their name, so they're not going to vote Republican even if the Republican is very left-wing. The hardcore right will vote for whoever has a (R) next to their name, especially since there's no way the democratic challenger will be more conservative than the Republican. So you just gotta get the people who are moderate and will vote either way. Make the election about the economy, jobs, and taxes instead of unisex bathrooms, and that's a winning combination.

Troller

Woodpecker
Probably because Trump is an incompetent manager. He's on his 4th chief of staff, 4th national security advisor, and like his 6th communication chief (I lost track).

If you're a good leader and manager, you're not going to lose top staff all the time, either to them resigning or you firing them. You hire good people to start, and you manage them well.
Trump has a developer mindset.

“Currently, there is an estimated 21.4% industry-wide construction employee turnover rate in this field, making it one of the highest rates among any industry.”

Even when he holds out payments. It’s what developers do.

Gimlet

Woodpecker
The military is lost.

I grew up an Army brat. Multi generations in veterans cemeteries for serving in the Army. My father volunteered to join the army in 1968 and went right to Vietnam. We are black. My dad had a chip on his shoulder about white people, even though his father owned a six story apartment building so they weren't poor.

Around 1985 my friends father (we lived outside a military base) drove me home from an after school event and asked me my dads's last name. My white friends father pulled into the driveway and told me to stand back. He the threw the door open and yelled my father's last name. My dad jumped up, said, oh fuck! they hugged and went to talk in one of them's car. Friends dad was a Ranger. My dad was not. But something went down. They talked in the driveway for 2 hours.

I later asked my white man hating dad about how he embraced my friends father. He said, "That's fucking different. That's fucking Vietnam." All he said, I did not get it then but now I get it.

The military was about fighting for the something greater than yourself. There is no identity. It's about faith in a sense. I honor my communtity, my family, my country, and I have faith our leaders have our best interests at heart. And all who do the same are your brothers. All the shit you talked goes out the window when you are fighting next to brothers willing to die

The trannie thing, gay military. It's was about changing the military into a person vision. Who gives a fuck if a soldier with a dick thnks he is a woman? No one. But he is encouraged to screech about it in order to bust the idea of all fighting for something bigger than yourself. There were likely homos and trannies back in the day but they were not encouraged to make it an identity and demand the stamp of approval

Back when I was a kid, we were taught America is a melting pot. Everyone comes here and assimilates, and then we live together and respect our communities. That's 80s. Now our "identity" is more important. Diversity is our strength.

The military is lost. I would guess 911 was the last time people joined to give something to their country and family. Lefties praise Obama and wish he were POTUS now. But Obama's administration sent a letter to every school district instructing them on how to treat trannie teens.. and none to police districts on how to treat black people. This whole deal is a scam. It's a march toward communism, so losers are being elevated.

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
I wonder what kind of blackmail they had on him.
Contributed to deaths of three Green Berets in 2001 then parades around after retirement like some kind of badass, based on what?
Fuck that guy. Never liked him.

I just wish Trump would fire SECDEF Mark Esper for insubordination. If he doesn't like Trump's idea of activating the National Guard, he should put it in his resignation letter and move the fuck out. Never mind the press conferences.

A former Army Special Forces officer is accusing retired Marine General James Mattis, President-elect Donald Trump’s pick to be defense secretary, of "leaving my men to die" after they were hit by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2001.
Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, “The Only Thing Worth Dying For,” by Eric Blehm. The book portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green Berets.

His actions, which were not formally investigated at the time, are now likely to get far more scrutiny during the retired general’s Senate confirmation process.
Trump's transition team did not respond to request for comment from NBC News. Nor did Mattis, whose 2013 retirement from the military means he would need a waiver from Congress to serve as the civilian Pentagon chief.
Mattis is a highly decorated former wartime commander who became famous for leading the 1st Marine Division's lightning fast movement into Baghdad during the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.
Image: James M Mattis on the USS Peleliu before Afghanistan mission
James M. Mattis (2R), U.S. Marine General, aboard the USS Peleliu in 2001.JIM HOLLANDER / EPA
On December 5, 2001, as the wreckage of the twin towers still smoldered in lower Manhattan, a team of Army Green Berets accompanying Hamid Karzai, the future president of Afghanistan, was hit by a U.S. smart bomb in a case of friendly fire.
Two American soldiers died instantly and a third was badly wounded. He would later die, thought it is unclear whether that soldier would have survived had a rescue team arrived more quickly. Dozens of Afghans also were killed, and the CIA officer who now runs the agency’s spying arm protected Karzai with his body.
Mattis, then a brigadier general commanding a nearby group of Marines, refused repeated requests to send helicopters to rescue the Green Berets, people involved in the operation tell NBC News. The helicopters under Mattis' command at Camp Rhino were about 45 minutes away, according to the book.
And, as commander, Mattis had final approval for the decision not to dispatch a rescue mission from there.

Trump Picks Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis for Secretary of Defense
DEC. 2, 201601:43

"He was indecisive and betrayed his duty to us, leaving my men to die during the golden hour when he could have reached us," Jason Amerine, who led the Army special forces operation as a captain, said in a Facebook post Friday morning.
"Every element in Afghanistan tried to help us except the closest friendly unit, commanded by Mattis," added Amerine, who retired as a lieutenant colonel and made news in recent years as a prominent critic of the Obama administration’s hostage policies.
The 15th anniversary of the Afghanistan friendly fire incident is Monday. Master Sgt. Jefferson Donald Davis, 39; Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Henry Petithory, 32; and Staff Sgt. Brian Cody Prosser, 28, were killed.
Ultimately, an Air Force Special Forces unit based three hours away, in Pakistan, sent older helicopters to rescue Amerine and his men. Three more Afghans and a badly-wounded American, Brian Cody Prosser, died on the way to the hospital, according to the book. It is not known whether any of them could have been saved.

Who is Gen. James Mattis?
NOV. 22, 201614:51

Mattis declined to be interviewed for the book, Blehm, its author, told NBC News. Other witnesses quoted Mattis saying that he didn’t want to send a rescue mission into an uncertain situation.
According to witness accounts in the book, Mattis reportedly questioned why a rescue mission was needed and worried about whether the situation on the ground was secure.
Later, when a special forces Sergeant, David Lee, protested his decision, Mattis threw him out of his office, Blehm wrote.
The Obama administration was criticized for years by many Republicans—including Vice President-elect Mike Pence — for failing to mount a military rescue when a diplomatic post was attacked in 2012 in Benghazi, Libya, despite military officials saying no rescue was possible.
In this case, another military unit had to act because Mattis did not, Blehm said.
"The Air Force Special Operations Command had the same exact information as Mattis. They launched immediately," he said.

Mattis with President-elect Trump and Vice president-elect Pence.DON EMMERT / AFP - Getty Images
Blehm spent three years researching the book, including a long interview with Karzai, he told NBC News.
He interviewed six of the surviving eleven Green Berets involved in the operation.
"Every one of them said, when they were this mass casualty situation, either wounded tending to the wounded of their buddies, every one of them were thinking, where in the hell are the Marines?"
In his Facebook post, Amerine — who declined to speak on the record to NBC News — said it was ironic that Mattis later became famous for relieving a battalion commander for alleged indecisiveness during the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
"The delay of Mattis in launching MEDEVAC on December 5th was never in question, not even by him," Amerine said. "The only debate was whether it was justified and how many died as a result."
Image: Ken Dilanian
Ken Dilanian
Ken Dilanian is a correspondent covering intelligence and national security for the NBC News Investigative Unit.

Last edited:

kel

Pelican
Republican platform from here on out - until the GOP is destroyed - is just keeping the social security and medicare pyramid schemes afloat. Convince liberal/centrist boomers that if they vote dem they might not be able to continue to collect eight times as much from SS as they put in. Boomers just want to run out the clock at this point, kick the can for their kids (many of them won't ever even have grandkids) to clean up.

Easy_C

Crow
The military being stacked with lower income minorities and the LGBT freak show is unfortunate but it's not all bad.

Even if they side with the globopedo regime they will be fractionally capable compared to decades past.
The veteran population is significantly more important here than is the active duty population. Keep that in mind. These types are also not durable risk takers, so they tend to be disproportionately represented in useless paper pushing jobs in the military.

Mattis is an absolute disgrace. Guess he sides with drug addicts and perverts. I was there in the Middle East when he earned his reputation. It wasn't very hard. He's no Patton. We slaughtered them over there. As a Marine I'd like to take the good old general to the treeline with his e-tool and a canteen. And they I'd beat him stupid with the e-tool and drink the canteen.

The military is lost. I would guess 911 was the last time people joined to give something to their country and family.
Guys who thought they were doing what they were supposed to do to "Protect Are Freedums" later become incredibly jaded once they realize they were just killing a bunch of Asian people in villages in Vietnam, or murdering tribal Afghans who were fighting for a traditional lifestyle against outside invaders bringing equality and globohomo to their country, or overthrowing populist leaders abroad to install capitalist shills.

I know two guys who believe every single conspiracy theory out there. They were both in the military. They were lied to so hard about a core thing that was essential to their life, and they really couldn't take it, and now they just believe everything the government or establishment tells them is a lie. Kind of like the guy who gets hit really hard by a particularly bad breakup and just doesn't date.

One is a former satellite communications officer and doesn't believe satellites exist. The other believes we are living in a Matrix and the Agents (elites / tractors) literally cannot be destroyed by us, because otherwise why wouldn't it be happening every day, as messed up as this world is? (Beats me?!)

When you are risking your life, your name, your honor, and one day you wake up and you realize you killed a bunch of fathers overseas who were defending their land against invasion, and you were spreading globohomo across the earth it must really eat you up inside. For a long time it was Starbucks and the US Military as the only employers that would pay for sex changes. They are on the forefront of all the evil stuff. Of course Vietnam, Venezuela, Afghanistan, any of these countries are no threat at all to America. One day you realize that, and that you were a tool used to spread the sickness from our nation to theirs and it paralyses and eats you up.

I was offered a federal job last year and declined because though I could retire with only 20 years, and would be collecting a 6 figure salary, I just couldn't bring myself to be part of this beast. For those who go in when blue pilled, and discover the truth later, they are in a worse position. You wake up and realize you are part of this evil but you are already 12 years in and close to retirement.. what do you do?

Blade Runner

Woodpecker
Republican platform from here on out - until the GOP is destroyed - is just keeping the social security and medicare pyramid schemes afloat. Convince liberal/centrist boomers that if they vote dem they might not be able to continue to collect eight times as much from SS as they put in. Boomers just want to run out the clock at this point, kick the can for their kids (many of them won't ever even have grandkids) to clean up.
Spot on, Kel, spot on. It's funny how simple things are at times.

Monty_Brogan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Concur with Towgunner. Spent some downrange in the sandbox with the Corps in the early '00's. Never cared for him either. He's more than likely gay, which is why he's so left-leaning. And it always bugged me that he has no children. How can you send another man's son off to potentially die in battle, when you have no skin the game?

He wouldn't hold a candle vs any of the old Salt Dogs.

questor70

Ostrich
Mattis will get 95% of the non-white military on his side plus a percentage of the whites who will remain loyal to him. What does the demographics of our military look like?

About 17% black.
15% women
12% hispanic

Add it all up and it's a pretty large chunk who probably don't like Trump much with or without Mattis' statements.

Also, let's face it, but Trump's is out of his element when it comes to being commander in chief. I don't think the military think he's a competent leader. I'm not going to go over his foreign policy decisions but we've had some close calls and I think Trump has just been lucky not to have touched off a war even though he is mostly an isolationist. Also, not just his saber-rattling but his restraint has been controversial, like the way he threw the Kurds under the bus. I think it's unrealistic to expect the military to support the guy.

Last edited:

Deepdiver

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Trump has been the most Pro-Military POTUS since Ronald Reagan - Just Saying ...

Mattis, Kelly and McMasters were a bunch of Obama butt kissers and now they are has-beens kissing Joe Bumbling Biden's arse...