Former Defense Secretary James Mattis denounces Donald Trump and backs the rioters

I have not worked for General Mattis, but from all accounts he is an honorable man. Not only that, but he's had the civility to hold his tongue for a long time. I see nothing to disagree with in his assessment of the situation, although I'm inclined to think posse comitatus is meaningless when the cops have all the same toys that the military does.

Trump is a leftist - he's just about two decades behind the rest of the Left. The guy hands out $1,200 checks, displayed a flagrant disregard for our second amendment rights by banning bump stocks, and has been consistently pro-LGBT his whole life. I think he's been better than Bush or Obama, but that's not to say he's a perfect president. The attitude of "anyone who says something bad about Trump is controlled opposition/payed off/stupid leftist" is no better than Trump derangement syndrome.

We don't have to let the Left determine our positions for us - just because they hate cops doesn't mean we have to want a police state. Just because AOC is anti-usury doesn't mean we all need to start going to synagogue on Saturday. Just because dems hate Trump doesn't mean we have to act as if he's our god-emperor.

Koolking

Sparrow

About 17% black.
15% women
12% hispanic

Add it all up and it's a pretty large chunk who probably don't like Trump much with or without Mattis' statements.

Also, let's face it, but Trump's is out of his element when it comes to being commander in chief. I don't think the military think he's a competent leader. I'm not going to go over his foreign policy decisions but we've had some close calls and I think Trump has just been lucky not to have touched off a war even though he is mostly an isolationist. Also, not just his saber-rattling but his restraint has been controversial, like the way he threw the Kurds under the bus. I think it's unrealistic to expect the military to support the guy.

"I think it's unrealistic to expect the military to support the guy.". You are wrong.

Blade Runner

Woodpecker
Trump is a leftist - he's just about two decades behind the rest of the Left.
A "leftist that has done more for "conservatism" than anyone in my lifetime, bar maybe Ronald Reagan - and even he had issues with spending, amnesty, etc. That might not be saying much, but it still stays a lot compared to what we have had.

The demise may be inevitable, we may be on borrowed time, or at the precipice ... but the point is that the stakes are at an all time high. Mattis is a G man. Plain and simple.

One is a former satellite communications officer and doesn't believe satellites exist. The other believes we are living in a Matrix and the Agents (elites / tractors) literally cannot be destroyed by us, because otherwise why wouldn't it be happening every day, as messed up as this world is? (Beats me?!)
Wow that is some fascinating stuff. I know there's something to the latter theory. Is there any possibility satellites don't exist?

The more interesting theories of theirs are we never went to the moon and nukes don't exist.

The moon landing.. I find it really strange that humans have been unable to go to the moon even once in my lifetime.
And the tapes they filmed this pivotal event on are "missing" from NASA archives. Even though they had to design a new television format to shoot it on, (instead of using the broadcast standard NTSC), which cost millions of dollars and required building proprietary cameras, films, developing machines, etc. But now it's all lost, oops. One of man's greatest achievements and we erased over the tapes. The tapes of the defeated Nazis entering Paris survived the pillaging and bombing of Berlin, and are still around, but not this.

I'm not fully convinced either way, but boy, watch an interview with Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin and then watch the public press conference the US moon landing guys give when they return to earth. Yuri is all smiles and full of energy, talking about his amazing exploration to the unknown, while the moon landing guys act like they just got back from a funeral. I've studied body language and deception quite a bit, and their body language alone made me doubt the whole story.

The capabilities of the government and the military are heavily exaggerated. I think the satellite stuff stems from the fact that yes while satellites exist that transfer our phone calls, give us TV channels, take photos, and connect us to the internet, they don't do all this high tech Enemy Of The State stuff. The jaded guys realize the Hollywood myth about what satellites or smart bombs or spy planes do is a myth, and they just conclude it's a lie, when it's really just exaggerated.

The comments are hilarious.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher

About 17% black.
15% women
12% hispanic

Add it all up and it's a pretty large chunk who probably don't like Trump much with or without Mattis' statements.

Also, let's face it, but Trump's is out of his element when it comes to being commander in chief. I don't think the military think he's a competent leader. I'm not going to go over his foreign policy decisions but we've had some close calls and I think Trump has just been lucky not to have touched off a war even though he is mostly an isolationist. Also, not just his saber-rattling but his restraint has been controversial, like the way he threw the Kurds under the bus. I think it's unrealistic to expect the military to support the guy.
Time to chime in here. Mattis is a self serving guy, reasonably good at strategy in the traditional American World Cop kind of way. Built his higher level career on working on international partners and working with "partners and allies". The problem of course is that our "partners and allies" are overwhelmingly useless, or contribute only token forces or assistance, only in very harmless situations. This is the charade of internationalism that Mattis breathed and ate. These are the kinds of people that advocate for a massive global footprint overseas... because. These are the people who never call Afghanistan what it is, an unmitigated failure, and claim if we just stick it out a LIIIIITTLE bit longer, we'll turn the corner. Now he is the paragon of wisdom on Presidential behavior? Not really.

That said... Trump is not a particularly good manager. He loads up agencies with psycophants and personal allies who are simply not smart enough or qualified to be even remotely effective. Say all you want about less government and deep state nonsense, there are some positions that require someone who is either experienced in how the system works, or REALLY smart enough to figure it out. Trump appoints neither of these kinds of people, and that leads to gross dysfunction, of which I can assure you, a lot of well meaning military people, even those who like his politics, are getting sick of.

Why does Trump keep choosing backstabbers?

Is it that dastardly Kushner again?

Why then does Trump allow Kushner to make a fool of him?

I can only surmise that Kushner is some sort of insurance. As long as Kushner stays on, the ziowing of Israel is his ally. Doesn't seem like he is getting much support from there now though.

Roosh

Cardinal

I can only surmise that Kushner is some sort of insurance. As long as Kushner stays on, the ziowing of Israel is his ally. Doesn't seem like he is getting much support from there now though.
Because he doesn't have pedo blackmail on the people he hires. So they sell out for a very cheap price.

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member

It may just be an indication as to how vast & widespread "the Swamp" is.

All manner of compromised individuals, all manner of 'sleeper agents'.
It's not as if all this started with either the Trump admin. or the Obama admin.

Bill Clinton & Janet Reno were most likely attempting to implement something with Ruby Ridge & Waco back in the 90's.
The Gulf Of Tonkin incident is a known false flag of the 60's.
Most likely Patton was assassinated for not going along in full with their plans in the 40's.
The mines & bombs hadn't been cleared from the fields of France, yet certain folk were more concerned with the League Of Nations back in the early 20's.

It's not even just an American or European thing.
Quite often, I have to furrow my brow at the degree to which Australian media will parrot established American media.

Aus. media shouldn't be all that fussed about the whole 'Q' thing. Yet promote the same 'conspiracy theory' Narrative they do.
Aus. media shouldn't be all that fussed about Obamagate. Yet downplay it & attempt to vilify Trump with the same Narrative they do.

The Big Club has had many years to infiltrate, influence, instill.
Doubtful it will be dismantled overnight.

Or The Big Club & it's true head, will only be demolished when God deems it time to do so.

Blade Runner

Woodpecker
Say all you want about less government and deep state nonsense, there are some positions that require someone who is either experienced in how the system works, or REALLY smart enough to figure it out.
Overwhelmingly these types do not go against the system. If they do, they are called "white nationalists" or "anarchists", and they would have to know they have coup numbers to pull it all off to the degree you desire --- neither of which is easy or fast.

A review of a terrific episode called, "Kill All Others," from the "Phillip K. Dick's Electric Dreams" television series. Welcome to a United States that includes Canada and Mexico. And where there is only one candidate, for the presidential elections... A disturbing storyline of a tyrannical America that is mastering the high tech power to scapegoat people.

I hope you can all track it down to watch.

I served in the Marines as an officer for 6 Years in a combat arms MOS, followed by teaching in the school house to Army and Marine Lt's. The amount of PC rot that is injected into the service is terrible, and the Marine Corps is not unscathed. We pretend that the military is a conservative institution, but its really quite progressive. It disgusts me seeing the number of General Officers who are on party of the neocon war machine. Many company grade officers also are liberal as the Obama era PC purge really got rid of a large degree of non-pc senior leaders. Gone are the days of Vietnam era General Officers who dont have time for mush mouth liberal invective. I've even been told I should be ashamed of my service by other Marine Officer peers who disagreed with my take on Mattis, which is hilarious I might add. During my time, (signed up at the end of surge in Iraq) I saw removal of the dont ask dont tell policy, women in combat arms, a transgender policy. A lot of my friends who are still in disagree with the liberal mind rot, but many like I did, got out with the ever growing politicization. General Peter Pace said to me over a beer in Quantico that "when the institution's values and your values dont align, you have to choose to leave or accept compromise of your values." many military members chose to stay in because the military provides a lavish lifestyle and also are afraid of civilian transition.. So you wind up with many senior officers and senior enlisted who are institutionalized into doing what their told or have the attitude "screw it, I only have 2 more years tell I retire, so I dont really care."

Others may have different experiences, but that was mine. Personally I am disgusted by the self serving political acts of the McCrystals/Mattis/HR McMasters out there.

Pooch32

Pigeon
The military is compromised as an institution, but My feeling is the tip of the spear so to speak is not yet converged.

R.G.Camara

Sparrow
Probably because Trump is an incompetent manager. He's on his 4th chief of staff, 4th national security advisor, and like his 6th communication chief (I lost track).

If you're a good leader and manager, you're not going to lose top staff all the time, either to them resigning or you firing them. You hire good people to start, and you manage them well.
Trump was never an incompetent manager. In fact, his constant firings IS COMPLETELY CONSISTENT with how he ran his businesses. For cyring out loud, he's the guy who made the phrase, "You're fired," a national catch phrase!

Managing isn't a only-one-way-is correct. Stop thinking your manager must be one way.

Trump's style of management is very much like George Steinbrenner and Vince McMahon: make sure no one thinks their job is secure and knows it, hire people on the way up, fire them when they're on the way down or no longer useful, and rehire them if they start rising again. And do it all in a loud, boisterous, attention-grabbing, man-in-charge way. All three created billion-dollar empires from this, and even the guys they fired talked highly of them--because they never lied to them about their use to them.

Firing people faster than normal is EXACTLY what Trump did for 40 years that made him 10 billion dollars and launched him into the celebrity. Why would he change now?

Trump was never an incompetent manager. In fact, his constant firings IS COMPLETELY CONSISTENT with how he ran his businesses. For cyring out loud, he's the guy who made the phrase, "You're fired," a national catch phrase!

Managing isn't a only-one-way-is correct. Stop thinking your manager must be one way.

Trump's style of management is very much like George Steinbrenner and Vince McMahon: make sure no one thinks their job is secure and knows it, hire people on the way up, fire them when they're on the way down or no longer useful, and rehire them if they start rising again. And do it all in a loud, boisterous, attention-grabbing, man-in-charge way. All three created billion-dollar empires from this, and even the guys they fired talked highly of them--because they never lied to them about their use to them.

Firing people faster than normal is EXACTLY what Trump did for 40 years that made him 10 billion dollars and launched him into the celebrity. Why would he change now?
That above may all be true, however axing Steve Bannon and Chris Christie, whilst hiring neocon shills such as John Bolton have hamstrung the America First movement. Trump is just a vessel/messenger, and failing to keep America First nationalists in his inner circle is poor management.

Edited to add* Bill Barr has been an excellent addition, whom I believe is the closest ally within the administration..., but his treatment of Jeff Sessions and endorsement of Tommy Victorville is full on vindictive and childish behavior.