Former Navy SEAL Tells Tucker What To Do If You Find Yourself ‘Surrounded By A Mob’

skullmask

Sparrow
The guy has some good advice. However, he neglects one important item. Have a lawyer. Because these degenerates WANT you to hit them with your vehicle, so they can lawfare you to death. Unfortunately, the current trend is to let these rioters obstruct people with impunity, while at the same time prosecuting people for running them over as they deserve.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
Amazing that you need to offer such advice on mainstream TV because no one will come to defend you.

So the advice actually boils down to:

Buy a gun, get training, stay in the car, drive away, use the gun to defend yourself.

Though the advice has to be extended by purchasing a 360 dashcam - the dual view dashcam also has a near 360 degree angle. You will need that in order to prove that you were actually afraid for your life as the violent BLM or Antifa mob came to get you. Even a public defendant can easily cite the current BLM Antifa violence as an example of that.

And finally I would say that even with all of that it's not 100% certain that you would come out of it. If you can afford a good lawyer then for sure, but anyone else even if found non guilty might get fired, his wife may be fired, his house vandalized. The US is descending into a full marxist antiwhite state where the new communist boogieman is anyone who is white and not a visible part of the new communist. Even if you are a modest hot dog stand owner - you are part of the white capitalist patriarchy and needs to be taken down. If you own a house, you are scum. You get the point.

Deepdiver

Hummingbird
Gold Member
It is pretty obvious where the mobs are in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, and Washington DC... just avoid those places stay in safe burbs and join your local Fish and Game club... learn to shoot skeet and some rifle and handgun safety and target practice with a band of self-defense minded men - the Fish and Game clubs are always looking for members with time to volunteer - a good way to meet everyone and make qualified mutual aid and defense allies.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
Dash cams can be bought at WallyWorld for as low as $20.

A good idea for filming auto accidents and vandalism anyway, but could prove invaluable in a situation like the thread topic.
Dash cams + body cams are something I am thinking should be mandatory for anyone who's not a far-lefty. The only issue with body cams is that certain places make it illegal to record in private unless everyone is told they are being recorded. But in public its fine.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
You don’t need a lawyer. Just say two things and then shut up.

1. I was afraid for MY life.
2. I want a lawyer.
No offense, but that's wrong. Don't even say # 1. Why? Simple: if you give them that, they will do everything to say it wasn't life threatening, even lie about it.

The words: "I want a lawyer before I say anything" are the only words out of your mouth. Period. And repeat it as many times as necessary.

Don't talk to the FBI, don't trust the FBI, disband the FBI.

No offense, but that's wrong. Don't even say # 1. Why? Simple: if you give them that, they will do everything to say it wasn't life threatening, even lie about it.

The words: "I want a lawyer before I say anything" are the only words out of your mouth. Period. And repeat it as many times as necessary.

Don't talk to the FBI, don't trust the FBI, disband the FBI.
Should I first have a lawyer present before saying "I want a lawyer"?;)

Kidding aside,

Listen to R.G.Camara, gentlemen - he has given us the proper advice. Don't be a fool, and say anything more than the above 8 words in bold.

Hypno

Crow
You want to say you were afraid for YOUR life so you establish the defense of self-defense and they don't charge you immediately.

That is what your lawyer will tell you. He'll also tell you that things would have been a lot easier if you said this up front and they never brought charges than if they bring charges and you have to prove a defense.

Also, in many states, defense of the lives of others is not a defense, and defense of property is almost never a justification to use deadly force. So for example, you don't have free reign to shoot looters in your house unless you are in fear for your life (as distinguished from your property). That's why a barking/biting dog is good to have.

You want to say you were afraid for YOUR life so you establish the defense of self-defense and they don't charge you immediately.
I've also been wondering about the confrontations at people's houses. I've been wondering how effective it would be to be screaming, "stop threatening me!" (in other words, establishing at the scene that you feel threatened) I mean, it's true. You absolutely are being threatened. The whole point of a mob is to use violent force against you. But later in court a corrupt prosecutor is going to say "these were peaceful protestors!" - I think I'd like to be able to say, "as you can see on video, I was terrified for my life; if they had no ill will, all they had to do was give me a bit of room"

what about being surrounded by a mob when you're on foot?
one thing that seems like a good idea is to get away from concrete.

Something that I haven't seen anyone bring up: if you're armed, your pistol is likely no help against a mob - a large protest mob. Your 10 or 12 rounds will be used up fast. If I was intentionally going to a protest, I think that being armed is about the dumbest thing I could do. If it comes to violence, the mob is going to absorb your tiny ammo supply and then kill you. But if you weren't armed, there might be video of you being unjustly beaten, you might live, like the guy who got his head kicked in last week.

What would be really great right now - that guy who had his head kicked in should start an anti-BLM movement. He should be out there standing on the spot where they kicked him, holding up signs, and demanding justice.

Easy_C

Crow
It is pretty obvious where the mobs are in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, and Washington DC... just avoid those places stay in safe burbs and join your local Fish and Game club... learn to shoot skeet and some rifle and handgun safety and target practice with a band of self-defense minded men - the Fish and Game clubs are always looking for members with time to volunteer - a good way to meet everyone and make qualified mutual aid and defense allies.
You can’t assume that. There have been protestors attacking and shooting at cars in Indianapolis, Provo Utah, Harrissburg PA...

it’s a lot of places and not even close to only a few major cities, and those “burbs” aren’t safe.

My overall recommendation is get out of those areas to wherever rural areas you can get enough of an Internet connection to do your job if you’re remote. If you’re in a labor job a lot of rural areas need labor right now due to the impacts on travel.

Deepdiver

Hummingbird
Gold Member
LOL IN, UT and PA are hunting states anyone takes pot shot at you they just declared open season on themselves give a heads up to your hunt and fish club members that it's BLMantifa open season and problem solved. Most clubs have more than a few combat Vets and retired LEO's standing by...

skullmask

Sparrow
Something that I haven't seen anyone bring up: if you're armed, your pistol is likely no help against a mob - a large protest mob. Your 10 or 12 rounds will be used up fast.
The bigger problem is, if the mob is already surrounding you and closer than about 20 feet from you, they will likely be on top of you before you can draw a pistol. Your best bet is to stay in your vehicle, if in one, and don't let them get close to you.

As for ammo, I think you are right if the mob is completely bonkers and DGAF about personal safety. But I think you are discounting too much the psychological aspect of experiencing having a gun pointed at you. Cowards form into mobs because the mob makes them feel powerful and invincible. When an individual mobber finds himself staring down the barrel of a gun, that gets taken away. However, this only works if you aren't surrounded and have an escape route.

Again, main means of defence is situational awareness. If you are out driving in downtown, keep the radio turned down and keep a window open, so you can hear your surroundings better. It might be worthwhile to purchace a scanner too. More and more police departments are going encrypted, but many still haven't. If you aren't technically inclined you can sometimes find streams of your local dispatch channels online.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
The bigger problem is, if the mob is already surrounding you and closer than about 20 feet from you, they will likely be on top of you before you can draw a pistol. Your best bet is to stay in your vehicle, if in one, and don't let them get close to you.

As for ammo, I think you are right if the mob is completely bonkers and DGAF about personal safety. But I think you are discounting too much the psychological aspect of experiencing having a gun pointed at you. Cowards form into mobs because the mob makes them feel powerful and invincible. When an individual mobber finds himself staring down the barrel of a gun, that gets taken away. However, this only works if you aren't surrounded and have an escape route.

Again, main means of defence is situational awareness. If you are out driving in downtown, keep the radio turned down and keep a window open, so you can hear your surroundings better. It might be worthwhile to purchace a scanner too. More and more police departments are going encrypted, but many still haven't. If you aren't technically inclined you can sometimes find streams of your local dispatch channels online.
Agree, IMO if you have a mob closing in on you and you fire a shot 9 times out of 10 it will scatter (often simply displaying a firearm will be enough). Still a situation you want to avoid at all costs, you don't want to bet your family's safety on not being the 1 out of 10 not to mention the legal and financial fallout, but better than nothing.