Forum "Lounge" - Everything goes!

Punchitchewie

Woodpecker
The state of women in Canada is sad. I get nostalgic every so often and e-creep people I went to high school with in my former country. Relevant to the point is also that I went to a school for 'gifted youngers' like a kind of mensa school.

I am over 40 now and ONE, that's right, ONE of the girls is married and has children with another guy from our class of about 25. The other women all have very prestigious careers, still have their maiden names etc. There is one that was an aspiring gold digger that did marry a rich husband, but has no children.

This is what happens with the "You go girl" "Lean in" type of propaganda. All of the women in my class are very intelligent and so were able to pursue any path they set on...and they set on the path that academia gave them. Some were quite attractive as well.

It's sad to see God's will for men and women perverted so much, especially because these women are now only starting down the hill where the real consequences and loneliness kick in. There is some stuff you just can't roll the clock back on and it's going to be rough once these women hit 60, retire and have no purpose and no one to care for them.

It's been something that I've been feeling more lately as my own parents and in laws are getting into the late 70s and express how much they enjoy and appreciate having adult children to help them out as they age. These people will have no one and exist in an increasingly selfish society where the elderly are ignored and neighbors live in isolation.
Sadest part is they don’t have the introspection to realise their failures and help others out. They crabbucket instead and drag everyone else down to be miserable like then.

nagareboshi

Woodpecker
The state of women in Canada is sad. I get nostalgic every so often and e-creep people I went to high school with in my former country. Relevant to the point is also that I went to a school for 'gifted youngers' like a kind of mensa school.

I am over 40 now and ONE, that's right, ONE of the girls is married and has children with another guy from our class of about 25. The other women all have very prestigious careers, still have their maiden names etc. There is one that was an aspiring gold digger that did marry a rich husband, but has no children.

This is what happens with the "You go girl" "Lean in" type of propaganda. All of the women in my class are very intelligent and so were able to pursue any path they set on...and they set on the path that academia gave them. Some were quite attractive as well.

It's sad to see God's will for men and women perverted so much, especially because these women are now only starting down the hill where the real consequences and loneliness kick in. There is some stuff you just can't roll the clock back on and it's going to be rough once these women hit 60, retire and have no purpose and no one to care for them.

It's been something that I've been feeling more lately as my own parents and in laws are getting into the late 70s and express how much they enjoy and appreciate having adult children to help them out as they age. These people will have no one and exist in an increasingly selfish society where the elderly are ignored and neighbors live in isolation.
“Former country”? Are you still living in the West? Or you’re like camped out in Romania?

Peacock
Gold Member
EncCnjAW8AUZzI1

Just found out that a former colleague of mine, a non-smoker with an admirably healthy lifestyle and diet, died of lung cancer at 50. Terrible.
The irony. You go out of your way to live a healthy lifestyle to avoid certain health issues and then out of no where you catch the disease and it finishes you off. You have my condolences, sorry for the loss.

Reminds me of my father. Healthy, rarely drank, non smoker and attended the gym with my mother on the regular. One day the family got together to play some good ol ball hockey (as we did every week during the spring and summer days) and he had a massive cardiac arrest and was called by God on the spot, he was 44 and not a day goes by where I do not think about him.

I do believe in freewill being the ultimate gift by God, but when God calls you home, to home you go. It's a strong reminder that everyday you should live your best life and that you shouldn't be outhere comparing yourself to anyone else. The only person you should compare yourself to is your past self and if you are making progress from the past then you are on the right track and doing good. Also, never take anything or anyone for granted, ever, appreciate it/them unconditionally and let them know.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
The irony. You go out of your way to live a healthy lifestyle to avoid certain health issues and then out of no where you catch the disease and it finishes you off. You have my condolences, sorry for the loss.

Reminds me of my father. Healthy, rarely drank, non smoker and attended the gym with my mother on the regular. One day the family got together to play some good ol ball hockey (as we did every week during the spring and summer days) and he had a massive cardiac arrest and was called by God on the spot, he was 44 and not a day goes by where I do not think about him.

I do believe in freewill being the ultimate gift by God, but when God calls you home, to home you go. It's a strong reminder that everyday you should live your best life and that you shouldn't be outhere comparing yourself to anyone else. The only person you should compare yourself to is your past self and if you are making progress from the past then you are on the right track and doing good. Also, never take anything or anyone for granted, ever, appreciate it/them unconditionally and let them know.

The disease can only kill you if you have a preexisting condition or you're old as hell.. HCE didn't even say the guy died from Covid complications.

The disease can only kill you if you have a preexisting condition or you're old as hell.. HCE didn't even say the guy died from Covid complications.
Cancer is usually identified as a "collection" of diseases (Lung, heart, liver etc). I, personally classify cancer as a disease whether it may be the correct medical jargon or not. I also see "Western media" as a "disease" as well and you do not have to be old as hell or have any pre existing conditions to fall victim to it, but that's a side tangent here.

To me a disease is anything that deteriorates your physical, mental and/or spiritual health. I do not know what this has to do with C-19, HCE never referenced it and neither did I. Maybe I should have said "a disease" instead of "the disease" in my earlier post to make things a bit more direct. My father was 44, he wasn't "old" nor did he have any other pre existing conditions which would have hinted otherwise personally. Heck he went for a check up, a thorough one two weeks before and he was given a clean bill of health.

However his mother did die of a cardiac arrest as well, but was the only one in the family to do so. Also, he was the youngest out of all if his siblings (7 in total including him), so it was a shock to everyone, even his eldest brother whom has been smoking like a chimney and drinking like a fish for the past 15 + years and is still alive and well. Goes to show not everything is in our control and that to me truly is a humble and humiliating reminder that we are only human and the laws of God, regardless of what we accomplish and do, apply to us all.

Editing reason: Providing a bit more clarity and addition of a sentence or two.

Last edited:
I wonder where Leonard went. The guy went from 20 posts a day to nil. Weird.
He did a last post where he announced he was bowing out to go and live life.

Speaking of other members: I imagine that if the day comes I ever get to meet CattleRustler, there will be a part of me that is disappointed to learn that it's not F Murray Abraham in a white suit.