Forum "Lounge" - Everything goes!

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
From the Hopi Indian Chief White Eagle
commenting on the current situation:
′′ This moment humanity is experiencing can be seen as a door or a hole. The decision to fall in the hole or walk through the door is up to you. If you consume the news 24 hours a day, with negative energy, constantly nervous, with pessimism, you will fall into this hole.
But if you take the opportunity to look at yourself, to rethink life and death, to take care of yourself and others, then you will walk through the portal.
Take care of your home, take care of your body. Connect with your spiritual home. When you take care of yourself, you take care of everyone at the same time.
Do not underestimate the spiritual dimension of this crisis. Take the perspective of an eagle that sees everything from above with a broader view. There is a social question in this crisis, but also a spiritual question. The two go hand in hand.
Without the social dimension we fall into fanaticism. Without the spiritual dimension, we fall into pessimism and futility.
Are you ready to face this crisis. Grab your toolbox and use all the tools at your disposal.
Learn resistance from the example of Indian and African peoples: we have been and are exterminated. But we never stopped singing, dancing, lighting a fire and rejoicing.
Don't feel guilty for feeling blessed in these troubled times. Being sad or angry doesn't help at all. Resistance is resistance through joy!
You have the right to be strong and positive. And there's no other way to do it than to maintain a beautiful, happy, bright posture.
Has nothing to do with alienation (ignorance of the world). It's a resistance strategy.
When we cross the threshold, we have a new worldview because we faced our fears and difficulties. This is all you can do now:
- Serenity in the storm
- Keep calm, pray everyday
- Make a habit of meeting the sacred everyday.
Show resistance through art, joy, trust and love.
Hopi Indian Chief White Eagle
May be an image of 1 person
This is honestly and unironically beautiful to me and almost seems like something Jesus himself would have said. I will pray for this man.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Fantastic to dream away to. Compare this rest, peace and compassion with the high paced, full gear, smokescreen society of modernity.

I used to love to read about history. I find myself now just fascinated with the Middle Ages and simple life. I'm sure it had it's downsides but I just imagine such a peace and joy in the simplicity.

There are some amish on the road I am currently living, I find it fascinating, and I wonder if they made the right choice staying out of the industrial revolution.

SpyofMoses

Sparrow
I still love reading about history. Human nature is brought to light through history in a way that is better than fiction stories.

Over the past few years I have tried to simplify many aspects of my life. To cut out screen time by just cooking. Staring at the night sky instead of watching TV. There truly is inner peace that comes with simplicity.

One thing I've found incredibly rewarding is just to find a vantage point and look out at the world. When you watch the same trees over and over again, in the morning then at night, you start to see when the birds fly, the repeat commuters, the weather patterns, all fitting into their place like someone composed the symphony of Earth that way. We live in a complicated era, but if you look for the simplicity it is there.

Peacock
Gold Member
E_cFHdTVgAAkSiE

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
VentionMGTOW may have passed away sometime after Sept 17, 2021.

I accidently got present this on my home page, but it looks like he had another prepper channel and then a separate one to discuss his MGTOW views. It seems more likely that he just didn't seem to 'fit what many women were looking for' and decide to fill his time with other things. While there is a lot of discussion about relationship, he also talked much about money plus crypto. One of the big changes in his channel is when he was able to retire a few years ago around age 54; which was a good thing he did since it looks like he just passed away, so he only had a few years in retirement. (Maybe three years at most?)

The video I was first presented with was his Sept 17, 2021 taken and uploaded by a friend while he was in the emergency room with kidney failure; and it looked like he was not going to be leaving the hospital. There are two shorter videos after that one but nothing since September 19, 2021; hopefully he is 'ok' but as anyone knows about these things, once a person's kidneys are gone it is only a matter of days.

I think it is unfortunate he is probably gone; his channel had a fair number of subscribers and it looked like they all enjoyed talking with each other. Hopefully, they will all be able to stay in touch and keep the conversation going.

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
VentionMGTOW may have passed away sometime after Sept 17, 2021.

I accidently got present this on my home page, but it looks like he had another prepper channel and then a separate one to discuss his MGTOW views. It seems more likely that he just didn't seem to 'fit what many women were looking for' and decide to fill his time with other things. While there is a lot of discussion about relationship, he also talked much about money plus crypto. One of the big changes in his channel is when he was able to retire a few years ago around age 54; which was a good thing he did since it looks like he just passed away, so he only had a few years in retirement. (Maybe three years at most?)

The video I was first presented with was his Sept 17, 2021 taken and uploaded by a friend while he was in the emergency room with kidney failure; and it looked like he was not going to be leaving the hospital. There are two shorter videos after that one but nothing since September 19, 2021; hopefully he is 'ok' but as anyone knows about these things, once a person's kidneys are gone it is only a matter of days.

I think it is unfortunate he is probably gone; his channel had a fair number of subscribers and it looked like they all enjoyed talking with each other. Hopefully, they will all be able to stay in touch and keep the conversation going.

Update: Apparently, VentionMGTOW was able to make two more short videos plus the final, final announcement, uploaded by a friend, of his passing away by away at 1:30pm on Sat, Sept 25, 2021 .

The one I initially cited to was just after he arrived in the Emergency Room, and apparently feared that 'this was it' and he was not going to be able to make anything else after that. Fortunately, he was able to make two more short videos and signed off on his last video 'don't get married', which seemed to make many of his subscribers pleased and sort of an 'inside joke' among his subscribers.
I think it is funny how his real name was revealed in the final, final upload by his friend that announced his death.
I do like how right to the very end he seemed content, upbeat and maybe even happy, for the life he had lead.

He did mention some of the time, in the few videos I have seen, that he thinks he would have been a good father; and he does seem to have arranged things so he saved money each month and seemed somewhat reasonable person. Things went so far ahead of schedule for retirement that he was able to retire at age 54, about three years ago. He was setup to be able to enjoy retirement but unfortunately about a year ago he was diagnosed with cancer. He tried alternate treatments and ended up where something with his kind of cancer usually does 85% of the time, but at least he was in good health mostly right up to the end.

What finally did him in, was that his kidneys had failed, and what he ended up in the emergency room for around Sept 16, 2021.
I have started to watch the videos in his channel. There are not really that many, considering it was over the course of about 9 years. Most videos are about 6 to 10 minutes. It is somewhat shocking how he went from looking somewhat young looking 9 years ago to in poor health September 2021; especially were, if he had lived a normal life expectancy, he would have been around for two or three more decades.

VentionMGTOW will be missed.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
In my libertarian days I used to make the argument along the lines of: What do you call someone taxed 100% of their income? A slave. What do you call someone taxed half of their income? Half a slave.

Well, turns out the argument isn't great. I recently visited a living history reenactment type place and one of the reenactors told us the slaves would have their own personal gardens and could make their own crafts which they could sell for their own profit, and they had enough free time to do both of those things. Eventually, they could purchase their freedom.

So literal chattel slaves were not, in fact, "taxed 100% of their income." Makes our present situation seem even worse in comparison. We can't even purchase our own freedom. We live in a country where legislation has been proposed to tax us per mile, tax us for "unrealized capital gains" and limit the number of children we can have (Pennsylvania legislature) to three.

Even ignoring covid tyranny, our present situation is untenable.

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
In my libertarian days I used to make the argument along the lines of: What do you call someone taxed 100% of their income? A slave. What do you call someone taxed half of their income? Half a slave.

Well, turns out the argument isn't great. I recently visited a living history reenactment type place and one of the reenactors told us the slaves would have their own personal gardens and could make their own crafts which they could sell for their own profit, and they had enough free time to do both of those things. Eventually, they could purchase their freedom.

So literal chattel slaves were not, in fact, "taxed 100% of their income." Makes our present situation seem even worse in comparison. We can't even purchase our own freedom. We live in a country where legislation has been proposed to tax us per mile, tax us for "unrealized capital gains" and limit the number of children we can have (Pennsylvania legislature) to three.

Even ignoring covid tyranny, our present situation is untenable.
You will never own your own land. You can always be taxed right off of it, after you pay the bank in full. If your children acquire your land, they will be taxed on your behalf and then taxed again forever.

typtre

Woodpecker
You will never own your own land. You can always be taxed right off of it, after you pay the bank in full. If your children acquire your land, they will be taxed on your behalf and then taxed again forever.
There is no escape...
I was thinking today, if I buy a towable RV, do they tax it for whatever reason like climate change? Sure do.
Maybe it is different in the US.
You are not allowed to live free unless you go hobo. But even being homeless is becoming illegal.

Today I watched a video on how money and the work done to acquire it has been set up as a form of sprititual energy drain. Like the system feeds on us being fearful, nervous, angered, and so forth when we have to chase it and have to spend it on useless things like taxes. It was a layer of the Matrix I had not thought about because I have not been a very spiritual man.

So I thought about that as well today while I payed taxes on my gains of my already taxed income. It amounted to more than 1/4 of my yearly salary before tax.

I tried to not be upset about it.