Forum Rules & FAQ

REC3

Chicken
I'm looking forward to being an active participant in your conversations. I'd like to discuss some issues that were and are of personal significance to me including the disastrous effects of divorce on both fathers and sons as well as the ways in which Orthodox and Catholic organization and ritual differ.

I've found your own reflections on how you have gained faith in God's existence to be very encouraging testimony on how Christianity forms the basis of moral discipline and fundamental virtue. You're pushing me to embrace my faith again in a way I'd abandoned when sent to prison.

I have been a fairly long term reader of your work having exchanged emails with you in one of your former incarnations ( I believe it was "Return of Kings"). When last we emailed one another six or seven years ago, I'd advocated that you read, "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson and you said that the book was the favorite of one of your close friends and offered to have me review it for your site.

I am a 63 year old man, a former trial attorney, who has just finished five years in prison and another 15 months in work release largely as a consequence of the a disastrous divorce flensing that left me imprisoned and embittered. You know my identity from my enrollment and please feel free to search the news stories about my fall from grace if your idle curiosity should compel you to do so. It's all public record anyway.

Anyway, as I incrementally reemerge into the world, I'm finding that your writings are a real bonfire in my darkest night of confusion and doubt. Thanks for your efforts.

(I just re-read your posting rules and the prohibition about identifying yourself by name so I'm reposting this after deleting my name in my last postscript. Thanks for your patience.)

kingtg

Pigeon
Woman
“Paranoia is just a heightened sense of awareness.”
- John Lennon

Ideas deemed crazy only ten years are now valid talking points, while previously held “facts” like the Food Pyramid Diet devolved into crazy. Still, discretion must be maintained in one’s evaluation of the current surroundings. Sometimes an idea which was improbable is still improbable.

Establishing a dialogue with rational individuals is an essential way to bounce off observations. A discussion with peers may simply help solidly an idea, or these outside points of view could shed light on the holes in your conclusions.

In short, a forum - with Christ as the primary aim and rules that encourage meaningful responses rather than spam or vulgarity - is crucial for either cultivating or altogether correcting the thoughts of modern day men. In a mad world, certainty is necessary for sanity.

God’s speed to all of you, and I look forward to engaging in future discussions.
I strongly disagree with John Lenon’s quote- too much acid, perhaps? :)

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
The recent "usury" thread in the Money Matters forum made me think of a question. One of the most contentious issues in the modern Christian community is interpretation of scripture and doctrine. In fact, the various Christian sects and organized church federations often fight like dogs and cats with each other over their articles of faith. In my experience, this is usually the most bitter and contentious disagreement among Christians. My attitude is that I think it's fine that various Christian organizations believe differently. It doesn't bother me. I'm even fine with the more controversial interpretations such as Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Seventh Day Adventists. What matters is that all the people in those religions are following their faith as best as they're able, receiving strength from it, and improving their communities as well as themselves because of it.

What is the forum's policy on this issue? Is it ok for us to discuss and debate the principles of Christianity, especially as they differ from one church/sect to the next?

Roosh

Cardinal
The recent "usury" thread in the Money Matters forum made me think of a question. One of the most contentious issues in the modern Christian community is interpretation of scripture and doctrine. In fact, the various Christian sects and organized church federations often fight like dogs and cats with each other over their articles of faith. In my experience, this is usually the most bitter and contentious disagreement among Christians. My attitude is that I think it's fine that various Christian organizations believe differently. It doesn't bother me. I'm even fine with the more controversial interpretations such as Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Seventh Day Adventists. What matters is that all the people in those religions are following their faith as best as they're able, receiving strength from it, and improving their communities as well as themselves because of it.

What is the forum's policy on this issue? Is it ok for us to discuss and debate the principles of Christianity, especially as they differ from one church/sect to the next?
Consult with the rules:

7. Do not blaspheme God. You are not permitted to insult, ridicule, mock, or desecrate Christian beliefs or practices on the forum. While you can participate in polite intellectual discussions concerning Christianity, attacks against God that come from a place of atheism, hedonism, or secularism are not allowed. You are also not allowed to have heated debates with a fellow Christian for his views, dogmas, or doctrines. Do not emotionally argue with fellow Christians.

Shwhite

Pigeon
Woman
I believe I meet all the requirements of becoming an official member here, but it's still saying I have restrictions and can't post anywhere besides here, Ladies General, and Roosh Articles. Are women not allowed to post anywhere else? Or am I just experiencing a glitch?

I believe I meet all the requirements of becoming an official member here, but it's still saying I have restrictions and can't post anywhere besides here, Ladies General, and Roosh Articles. Are women not allowed to post anywhere else? Or am I just experiencing a glitch?
The rest is the Men's Forum. The restrictions on women posting there still applies as in the Old days when this forum was Men only.

There are social dynamics that are only possible in the absence of women.

I agree, but now I can't help but wonder how many women are pretending to be men just so they can have fun with the guys.

Dunno. Maybe they just want to join the flexing:

The little dark saga for example:

That was very fun. And funny. One of the things that made this forum great outside of the memes that is.

Shwhite

Pigeon
Woman
Dunno. Maybe they just want to join the flexing:

The little dark saga for example:

That was very fun. And funny. One of the things that made this forum great outside of the memes that is.
If only every meeting between men could be that sparkly and muscular! That's how women typically view male encounters through our rose tinted glasses.

PFFFTT oh man. Poor Little Dark. "I beat off THIRTY men ALLLL by myself. Wait. Why are you guys so focused on the details of my fight?? This thread isn't going in the direction I thought it would... Maybe we should just delete it..."

Aloha50

Pigeon
Question: I'm able to 'like' some posts such as this one, but most I cannot. Is that because of my still probationary (19 posts total) status?