Forum Rules & FAQ

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
How do i post photos from phone?

When i do i get an "oops file too large" message.

These are just photos taken by me out in the city, i dont understand why they'd be particularly large files

Bird

Pelican
As far as I know, you can set the photo quality in 3 levels. Without compression a photo can be 20 MB or so and that's probably too much for the forum.

I posted a Tommy Sotomayor video. Then I wanted to delete it, but was unable to, because I'm not sure, if his language violates the forum guidelines.
EDIT: Managed to take the video down. Is it allowed to post videos with curse words?

Last edited:

DRIIIVER

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
@Roosh,

I recently created this account and I know in my profile settings it says I can’t change my display name until 2023, but would I be able to change it now? If this is possible, please let me know so I can message you my preferred name. If not I can just set up a new account no problem.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Roosh,

Can you clarify this rule for me: "4. Many new members overlook an important rule: you cannot participate in politics or race discussions until you've hit 25 posts and have 10 reaction points. I can't stress how important it is to read the rules so that you don't get suspended or banned."

Does this mean simply not being part of politics sub-forum discussion or avoiding any kind of political subject in the first 25 posts?

I replied to the welcome private message with the same question, but I'm unsure if it reaches you, so I posted here as well.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure if this has been covered but just wondered why the rep system was removed?

Seems like some kind of system would be useful to quickly assess how much weight can be given to a particular post? I frequently find myself seeing a post that seems a bit off and checking the user profile only to see that they only joined recently and often has lots of posts in a short period since joining.

Some kind of combination of minimum account age to post in controversial (and more likely to be subverted) topics such as covid/politics followed by a manual account review would be a good move imho

Heathcliffe83

Chicken
Woman
Ugh. Seriously Rooshv. See I don't put up with the mentality of a Christian is right and everyone else is wrong mentality. While I believe everyone has choice of freedom for what they feel is right without harming someone else is a good way to go including not pushing your views onto others.

Personally Rooshv you could have had a decent sober life but using religion as a crutch is definitely demeaning and a way to escape the current situation you found yourself in... Is something. Dude I'm not chasting you for your choice in Christianity but the way you are approaching it and how you think others should be or what not is ridiculous.

But I joined this forum in hopes to participate in non-religious discussions and practical advice in situations.

If you ban me for this post. Be my guest. I do though wish you well on your path and maybe you will grow in wisdom and true knowledge.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Ugh. Seriously Rooshv. See I don't put up with the mentality of a Christian is right and everyone else is wrong mentality. While I believe everyone has choice of freedom for what they feel is right without harming someone else is a good way to go including not pushing your views onto others.

Personally Rooshv you could have had a decent sober life but using religion as a crutch is definitely demeaning and a way to escape the current situation you found yourself in... Is something. Dude I'm not chasting you for your choice in Christianity but the way you are approaching it and how you think others should be or what not is ridiculous.

But I joined this forum in hopes to participate in non-religious discussions and practical advice in situations.

If you ban me for this post. Be my guest. I do though wish you well on your path and maybe you will grow in wisdom and true knowledge.

Welcome to the forum!
Are you an active Christian?

“Using religion as a crutch” is that the way you feel about all Christians? Seems, given your tone, the intent is to bash him for living and speaking as a true Christian.

Not off to a great start on this forum with the negativity you are bringing - are you?

You'd be spoilt for choise on secular, inclusive, vibrant, multicultural, worldly forums on the web where Christian opinions will be rejcted. They're very easy to find.
So, why come to a christian/religious forum to discuss non-christian/religious issues from a non-christian/religious standpoint, I wonder.

Forum Rules
(Last updated 8/13/21)

This is a forum for Christians. If you are not a practicing Christian, you may lurk but not post. We have strict rules that allow the forum to exist as a unified community. If you fail to read the following rules, there is a high chance that you will put your identity at risk or be banned without warning. Here are the rules...

1. Don't talk down to members. Don't call someone an idiot, moron, or hater. Don't use condescending language such as "WTF are you talking about?" Don't be a drama queen or be quick to get into arguments. Defer to senior members, who help make the forum what it is.

2. Your account and posts are permanent. Accounts and posts can never be deleted, even if you're banned. When you make a post, you have 60 minutes to edit the post, and then it's permanent. You also cannot maintain more than one account. You cannot register again if you have been previously banned.

3. Don't be a low-quality poster. Don't use textspeak. Don't flood the forum with junk posts. Don't hijack threads or poison the forum with ideas concerning flat earth and gnosticism. Don't use the forum to promote your web site or business. Don't post someone's personal information. Don't demoralize or dispirit other members through black pill or negative posting. Don't spread hopelessness or use the forum to vent negative emotional feelings or states. Don't be a single-purpose member or shill who pushes an agenda mainly about an individual or pet cause.

4. Do not use profane or vulgar language. Refrain from using profane words. Do not describe sexual encounters or situations that are beyond the act of kissing.

5. No race or political baiting. It's okay to talk about race if that's the topic, but no geo-political discussions on why one race is superior or inferior to another or why an upcoming race war in X country will be bad. Do not repeatedly start political arguments. NOTE: Newbies under 25 posts are not allowed to participate in race or political discussions.

6. Do not discuss or glorify pre-marital sexual activity. You can discuss how to meet, attract, and date women with the intention of entering a relationship with them, but not how to have sex. You cannot discuss casual hook-ups. You cannot ask where to travel to in order to have sex.

7. Do not blaspheme God. You are not permitted to insult, ridicule, mock, or desecrate Christian beliefs or practices on the forum. While you can participate in polite intellectual discussions concerning Christianity, attacks against God that come from a place of atheism, hedonism, or secularism are not allowed. You are also not allowed to have heated debates with a fellow Christian for his views, dogmas, or doctrines. Do not emotionally argue with fellow Christians.

8. Do not publicly share your personal information or details on the forum. Do not share so much information about yourself that allows you to be easily identified. Use an email address that, if leaked, does not reveal your identity and select a username that you have never used on other sites. Do not share photos of yourself or people you know. If you want to meet other members, share your burner email to take the conversation off the forum.

9. No spamming or self-promotion. Do not register solely to promote your business or web site(s). You are allowed to post one commercial link in your signature after you gain 100 reaction points.

10. Do not post about the following: underage girls, illegal crimes, prostitution (p4p), sugar daddy arrangements, gore, scat, or NSFW images. Follow local laws when posting on the forum.

11. By signing up to the forum, you agree to receive updates about your account to your email address. We send occasional notifications and product updates to your registration email.

FAQ

"I just signed up but I cannot start a new thread, upload an avatar, like posts, etc."

To combat spam and trolls, new members must go through a trial period where they can only reply to existing threads no more than once every 10 minutes. Once 14 days have passed and you accumulate 25 posts and you have received at least 10 likes to your posts, you will then become a member with full privileges. Here are other features you will not be able to do as a new member: post in the Politics subforum, report posts, react to posts, upload avatar, upload attachments, edit signature. You are a full member when you no longer see the "Newbie" banner under your name.

"I need help on how to use the software."

Take a look at the How-to and Troubleshooting forum, which has many threads that explain various functions. You are free to start a new thread there, in the Sandbox to test out the software, or any other Forum Meta subforums.

"Can I promote my web site or business?"

No. This forum is not a vehicle for advertising. After you accumulate 100 reaction points (likes), you may put a link to your commercial or non-commercial web site in your signature.

"I'm a woman. Can I be a member here?"

Yes there is a Ladies Forum. Click here for more details.

"I'm locked out of my account."

Use this contact form. Your email address must match the address on file for the account you need help on.

For other questions, reply to this thread or posts in the Suggestions subforum.