Friendships with women

Are platonic, cross-sex friendships good?

• Total voters

RoadKill

Sparrow
I'll assume when you say cross-sex, you mean the opposite sex.

About a year after I was divorced another divorcee introduced me to a woman that was about 10 years older than me. She was in her mid-40's and she was also divorced and her 16 year old daughter lived with her. She was only interested in plutonic relationships. Since I was divorced, I was hitting the gym really hard and I put 4 inches on my chest in 6 months and went from a 46" chest to a 50" chest. I had 18" arms.

She would throw parties at her house and she was a moderate drinker. A very social person. During one of her parties, she took a liking to me and I have to say, she gave me the best sex of my life. I think she saw how damaged I was and she wanted to cheer me up. She told me point blank that I was nuclear since I was so fresh out of my divorce and there was no such thing as a commitment between us. We were free to play with anyone else at any time. If one of us found "the one", we were to respect that and move on as friends.

If I got sad or depressed, she'd slap me in the face and yell "NOT ON MY WATCH!!" and she'd screw my brains out. She was 5'8" and at least a DD, if not, a DDD. She had a good body and a good face. She had some meat on her bones, but she wasn't fat at all. I was a little sad the day she moved on. She was really fun and an outgoing party woman. A very playful-naughty woman. I think she kept a man for about 2 months before she'd move on to another. I had seen her about 10 years later walking out of a restaurant with a man in his 30's, and she must have been in her 50's by then. But she still looked hot. We both locked eyes for a split second and gave each other a wink and a smirk.

Have fun, Juanita!

Anyway, what were we talking about again?

RK

Salocin

Robin
edit: which sounds Islamic to me. To come think of it, a lot of the strict Christianity faith out there, that’s popular on these forums too, is more Islamic than Christian. Christian is happy and loving and full of win-wins, and not power dynamics. There’s been quite a number of guys here on these forums who I actually think would be happier being Muslim

I think you're wrong. There's nothing "Islamic" about accepting Jesus Christ, the son of God Almighty, as your savior. Neither is reading and believing the Holy Bible.

I think those who view Christianity as "happy and loving and full of win-wins" and have lesbian pastors preaching about "social justice" issues are whom would be happier in another religion because it's not really Christianity at all.

Last edited:

Maecenas

Sparrow
I think you're wrong. There's nothing "Islamic" about accepting Jesus Christ, the son of God Almighty, as your savior. Neither is reading and believing the Holy Bible.

You’ve missed my point mate.

I think those who view Christianity as "happy and loving and full of win-wins" and have lesbian pastors preaching about "social justice" issues are whom would be happier in another religion because it's not really Christianity at all.

The fact this is what you thought of when I said loving and happy and full of win-wins says more about you than me.

I don’t care to elaborate to help you understand better, so whatever, see ya

RoadKill

Sparrow
I must apologize for my earlier comment. I confused platonic for uncommitted. It's not a word I use very often and I got my definitions reversed. I must have had a Biden moment. Still, it allowed me a walk down memory lane...

However, in our uncommitted relationship we were very good friends (with benefits). If you're vulnerable, yes, platonic non-sexual female friendships can be helpful. I had a lot of female friends; two, specifically that were older than I am that I talked with on nearly a daily basis. Both of those women were divorcees in the church and I never messed around with women in the church. Single women in the church were for friendships only unless you committed to dating them.

Once you get married, those platonic friendships are converted into perceived threats by your new wife and they end immediately. Nothing will make a wife more jealous than you having an emotional connection or conversation with another woman. Women hold emotional connection and conversation in higher value than sex/intimacy.

If you have an emotionally connective female friendship with another woman while married, it's the same as cheating on her, in her eyes.

RK

RoadKill

Sparrow
The fact this is what you thought of when I said loving and happy and full of win-wins says more about you than me.

I don’t care to elaborate to help you understand better, so whatever, see ya

Look out! We've got an internet tough guy here! Man, you're so smart! And tough! How did you get so smart? Where did you learn such good communication skills? You know, I really love the condescending manner in which you judge people, even though you don't know dick about them, relationships, or life in general...

But you speak as if we care about your judgement...

But what's really impressive is the manner in which you dismiss others that don't validate or agree with your own opinion, as if they're to dumb to inconvenience you with an intelligent debate. Have you ever been tested for narcissism, or are you just confident of your superior intellect?

RK

agreed. I feel like what he’s implying is one guy can help his wife with absolutely any problems she’s having, as if he’s God or something

edit: which sounds Islamic to me. To come think of it, a lot of the strict Christianity faith out there, that’s popular on these forums too, is more Islamic than Christian. Christian is happy and loving and full of win-wins, and not power dynamics. There’s been quite a number of guys here on these forums who I actually think would be happier being Muslim

I seem like a Mohammaden because I dont want my future wife to run to other men for advice and help....

It's laughable. I'm not even going to respond further to this because your response already gave me a good laugh. Thank you.

It seems the 3 guys who voted "yes" are really hurt by the super majority of 22 who voted "no"

Maecenas

Sparrow
I seem like a Mohammaden because I dont want my future wife to run to other men for advice and help....

I agree she could be running to another guy for help cause she's not acting proper. but I also think this should not be a hard and fast rule. there's ways a woman can ask for advice/help on an issue while still being proper. and also, you shouldn't use too much force to prevent a woman from doing this, because this could be a sign she doesn't trust you and that you're not earning her trust well and she's unhappy with you/the relationship