Funny and Cool Pics and Vids

Goldin Boy

Pelican

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Hypno said:
wait for it

I saw something like this once in real life. I stopped off at a park, and pulled into a space at the back of the parking lot to smoke a bowl.

On the other side of the parking lot, a car had gone over a curb and down a grass embankment on the other side of the sidewalk. A tow truck was there pull the car up the embankment. They got it up, and it was sitting there straddling the sidewalk.

One of the tow truck drivers got in the car to pull it off the sidewalk, down over the curb to the parking lot, but as the tire dropped down over the curb, the car rolled faster than expected, and the car hit the tow truck.

Like I said, I was there smoking a bowl, so I laughed my ass off when the tow truck driver hit the truck with the car he was supposed to be rescuing. But then, the driver got flustered, and he somehow managed to step on the gas, and rammed the car into the truck a second time!

:mindblown2:

I was just dying from watching this! This one was pretty good too.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Here is Jim Cornette talking about a promo he cut that he ended up regretting, he was a heel(bad guy) wrestling manager and called the crowd a bunch of genetic defects and the then the camera immediately cut to the crowd and found real genetically challenged people in the crowd.

Remember he was starting off in mid south and Jim Crockett promotions(Atlanta).

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
eradicator said:
Here is Jim Cornette talking about a promo he cut that he ended up regretting, he was a heel(bad guy) wrestling manager and called the crowd a bunch of genetic defects and the then the camera immediately cut to the crowd and found real genetically challenged people in the crowd.

Remember he was starting off in mid south and Jim Crockett promotions(Atlanta).

Here's the footage from Smoky Mountain Wrestling, jump to 17:09 for the interview scene and the camera pan.

debeguiled said:
A Calvin and Hobbes Sunday color strip for example.

Ya gotta hand it to Bill Watterson, he's a man who sticks to his guns. He could be making insane amounts of money today but he chose to discontinue Calvin and Hobbes because he felt that when it was done, it was done. He's famous for refusing to license his artwork. All those stickers you see of Calvin praying, peeing on a car logo, etc., are unauthorized.

It's always better to leave the party early. If I had rolled along with the strip's popularity and repeated myself for another five, 10 or 20 years, the people now "grieving" for "Calvin and Hobbes" would be wishing me dead and cursing newspapers for running tedious, ancient strips like mine instead of acquiring fresher, livelier talent. And I'd be agreeing with them.

I think some of the reason "Calvin and Hobbes" still finds an audience today is because I chose not to run the wheels off it.

I've never regretted stopping when I did.

https://www.cleveland.com/living/2010/02/bill_watterson_creator_of_belo.html

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
Diocletian said:
debeguiled said:

Ya gotta hand it to Bill Watterson, he's a man who sticks to his guns. He could be making insane amounts of money today but he chose to discontinue Calvin and Hobbes because he felt that when it was done, it was done. He's famous for refusing to license his artwork. All those stickers you see of Calvin praying, peeing on a car logo, etc., are unauthorized.

It's always better to leave the party early. If I had rolled along with the strip's popularity and repeated myself for another five, 10 or 20 years, the people now "grieving" for "Calvin and Hobbes" would be wishing me dead and cursing newspapers for running tedious, ancient strips like mine instead of acquiring fresher, livelier talent. And I'd be agreeing with them.

I think some of the reason "Calvin and Hobbes" still finds an audience today is because I chose not to run the wheels off it.

That's awesome. I always appreciate and respect an artist who knows when to hang it up. Bummer about the stickers, I wonder if he has ever tried to go after the manufacturers with a lawsuit

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
BlastbeatCasanova said:
Diocletian said:
debeguiled said:

That's awesome. I always appreciate and respect an artist who knows when to hang it up. Bummer about the stickers, I wonder if he has ever tried to go after the manufacturers with a lawsuit

I was a big fan of this comic when I was a kid, and still read some of his books even now. In grade 5 I became friends with a highly autistic kid who was obsessed with Calvin & Hobbes. He knew almost all the comics by heart and was a collector of all things available. He even had a sweatshirt.

Years later while looking for some Watterson art for my kids room I came across an auction site for the memorabilia. Some of the items were going for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I hope this guy kept it, he would be sitting on probably a million or more.