Gamestop Reddit short squeeze

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Like what?

I don't get the GME bears. I think they're missing the forest for the trees. Behind the short squeeze is a strong value play. Everyone disrespects GME as a B&M company but that's probably their biggest advantage. Their lack of an online presence means this is a growth opportunity. And guess what, Ryan Cohen is a very credible e-commerce merchant, beating Amazon at their own game with Chewy. That's why I say I am betting on Ryan Cohen. The majority of the board are now staffed by Cohen's former colleagues, the company is going through a revitalization, I think it's a grave mistake to evaluate this company based on past performance.

Oh yeah, and memes. Talk about an interesting wildcard to have in your back pocket. We're talking about the second most meme'd ticker behind TSLA.

www.gmedd.com -- worth a read.

there are a million better stocks to put your money than gme. Gme was on the brink of bankruptcy last year. Exxon, chevron, Alaska airlines, Disney , live nation entertainment, if you want a riskier pick buy carnival cruise lines as they will no doubt recover in the future.

GameStop is not that different than toys r us, circuit city, blockbuster and Hollywood video, which are all out of business. Heck if you want to invest in video games you can buy stock in Nintendo or Sony or cd project red.

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
there are a million better stocks to put your money than gme. Gme was on the brink of bankruptcy last year. Exxon, chevron, Alaska airlines, Disney , live nation entertainment, if you want a riskier pick buy carnival cruise lines as they will no doubt recover in the future.

GameStop is not that different than toys r us, circuit city, blockbuster and Hollywood video, which are all out of business. Heck if you want to invest in video games you can buy stock in Nintendo or Sony or cd project red.
Probably wouldn't ever bet anything on CDPR at this point. Nintendo I would consider a safe investment. They run their business effectively and know their audience better than the audience know themselves. They learn very quickly when they do stumble.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Even before GameStopGate or without GameStopGate.
People should realize that Effete Elon is not their saviour...

c6b1c5d0381d59d8.png

typtre

Robin
Some of you seem to think GameStop is trying to continue to be the failing retail GameStop. It is not.

In a letter to the company's board in November, Cohen called for a strategic review to create a credible roadmap for limiting costs, prioritizing profitable retail locations and building its e-commerce wing.

Cohen invested in GameStop again shortly before Christmas 2020, when a company owned by the entrepreneur paid $37 million for 2.5 million more shares, regulatory filings show.

By the end of the month, he owned 9 million shares bought at an average price of $8.43 for a total cost of $76 million at the time.

The CEO like the stock.

Pelern

Sparrow
Some of you seem to think GameStop is trying to continue to be the failing retail GameStop. It is not.

The CEO like the stock.
I think we get that.

The thing is that there are already established and entrenched competition that they have to deal with.

They fell behind the trends that were happening in the market and now they have to play catch up. They are going to have to take market share away from already established players that have been around for 10+ years. The same people that been taking market share away from them.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
I really don't understand all the people obsessing about the profits here. The hedge funds, part of the wider financial industry worth over 10 times the world GDP, were forced to collude with the media, big tech, stock exchanges, financial companies and even government authorities such as FBI and SEC to suppress the price and save their hides. The value of disgracing them and reducing the overall trust in all of these formerly "trusted entities" dwarfs anything that someone might have either pocketed or lost while "investing" in this.

Civil disobedience is neither cheap nor easy, but the rewards are there. They just don't happen to be monetary.

scenicway

Sparrow
I was fortunate my limit order last Friday did not execute.

I've been through this before. 2000 dot com. 2008 real estate. It's always the same. By the time normal guys like us are talking about it, it's too late.

I will continue to focus on my day job where I have a clear understanding of how to actually make money and invest in local and family ventures where I have the advantage.

Hats off to anyone that can actually play this game and beat the army of quants and autists.

West_001

Sparrow
I really don't understand all the people obsessing about the profits here. The hedge funds, part of the wider financial industry worth over 10 times the world GDP, were forced to collude with the media, big tech, stock exchanges, financial companies and even government authorities such as FBI and SEC to suppress the price and save their hides. The value of disgracing them and reducing the overall trust in all of these formerly "trusted entities" dwarfs anything that someone might have either pocketed or lost while "investing" in this.

Civil disobedience is neither cheap nor easy, but the rewards are there. They just don't happen to be monetary.
Amen Brother.

There is strong jewery afoot, the stocks are trending in the exact same way.

dc4dc7046927d0b1ab7e919ae9c04f38.png

282fb4723f1979d16dce95433633153e.png

They baited the goyim into buying the stock, froze the market, and then dumped and resumed trading, they want to break the momentum as much as possible. If the stock goes up 100% in one day then they will be back to where they started holding the bag of shorts begging daddy jewish goldsteinwitzberg at the fed for another bailout

Cuchulainn2016

Woodpecker
I kept telling you guys there is money to be made here, had absolutely nothing to do with if you believe GameStop is a viable company or some reddit tendies diamond hands wifes boyfriend meme economy to the moon weirdo loser garbage.

As it stands now a 35% return in one day is pretty nice....
Indeed it was.

Ludelos

Pigeon
The buy and hold strategy would have worked if everyone truly had diamond hands but the elites executed their stock freezes and short ladder strategy to wipe out the buying power of the vast majority of retail traders who weren't willing to take considerable losses.

A better strategy as seen today is to short sell the stock as soon as the brokerages freeze the stock after it's been ballooned by retail traders.