Gamestop Reddit short squeeze

typtre

Robin
Really temped to trade. Because it looks like it is essentially buying from fearful people and then we have the diamond retards buying the dips. I very much doubt any hedge fund is in here at all scooping shares at these prices.

Here's where we are at near close of market:

4b790ab62b052424b01af7dc26ccaeb3.png

9ce8840bbc001ce5cdbd46431706e8a6.png

as you can clearly see the graphs are carbon copies of each other yet the value proposition for both stocks are completely different, the industries are different, the buy in points are different, these stocks may have a few things in common but not to the point where their activity is nearly the exact same thing just a color swap.

The graph even look like Shlomo with his devil beanie his massive nose, rubbing his hands together. They are laughing at you.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
View attachment 28985

Like if you are GME bagholder
Some of you seem to think GameStop is trying to continue to be the failing retail GameStop. It is not.

The CEO like the stock.
Holy cow if he owned 9 million shares in December and sold half at the end of January he just made one of the best moves in the history of the stock market .

I’m not even sure how you would go about selling 4 and a half million shares of a stock when the price is so high, he bought at $7 a share and hopefully sold a chunk of it at the end of January, maybe a couple hundred thousand shares a day for 2 weeks straight as soon as it hit 100/share?

I mean I guess that is what you would call one of those good problems

I lost some money investing in amc and gme but don’t regret it because it taught me to never get involved in meme stocks again, unless you get in very early. We are in a bull market overall, just buy stock in good companies and invest in well managed funds and you’ll make money. Avoid meme stocks, unless you get in early .

Pendleton

Pelican
My thesis is to hold on for dear life. Companies like GameStop and AMC have received incredible publicity and are now seen as revolutionaries. They will become preferred vendors of The Deplorables aka most people. Look for a lift in sales 2,3,4 years from now. The People will ultimately triumph.
Really? How so? They were poorly managed companies in a precarious financial situation, attracted attention of the shorts, then the hedge funds overextended and got slapped because they hadn't foreseen retail investors using WSB to act in concert. To the extent anything revolutionary occurred, it was done by WSB. These companies were just passive spectators.

I think GME will stay volatile because of it's meme status comparable to TSLA. Anytime there is a positive catalyst, it will get headlines and will spread on social media. Large swings from retail followed by more headlines because of large swings. And because GME is a valuable company going thru a revitalization, there will be many positive catalysts.

Holding thru earnings will be disastrous, probably.

Really? How so? They were poorly managed companies in a precarious financial situation, attracted attention of the shorts, then the hedge funds overextended and got slapped because they hadn't foreseen retail investors using WSB to act in concert. To the extent anything revolutionary occurred, it was done by WSB. These companies were just passive spectators.
Memetic value is the new fundamental value. See Tesla.

joost

Kingfisher
I lost some money investing in amc and gme but don’t regret it because it taught me to never get involved in meme stocks again, unless you get in very early. We are in a bull market overall, just buy stock in good companies and invest in well managed funds and you’ll make money. Avoid meme stocks, unless you get in early .

This is an honest advice. Contrary to the ones pumping failing companies so he can take your money.

If you think you're early in the pump, you can spend a small amount you don't mind losing to buy some options. Like I said before; If you see the stock on the news, it's time to sell. If it's already on the news, volatility will be high and option pricing will not be worth it.

GME train passed.

FrancisK

Woodpecker
Gold Member
TSLA has been in the news, why hasn't that train passed?

It's not your father's stock market anymore. Memes changed everything.

Tesla is an oddity that’s for sure, the company isn’t even profitable. The share price is propped up by people who think Elon musk is cool and are trying to save the planet.....idiots and people riding the idiots....hey not that far off from GME actually!

I have friends who hold large positions in Tesla and I’ve been telling them to sell forever and they didn’t and I was wrong. One day I’ll be right though but that will most likely be when all stocks tank so doesn’t count, but it will tank harder than any of them.