Gamestop Reddit short squeeze

Cuchulainn2016

Woodpecker
Or the more realistic explanation is that buying pressure dried up at the $200 range and now sellers are in control and will likely drive it to $130 range unless there is any new catalyst.

Not everything is some crazy hedge fund or MM conspiracy.
I have made a fair bit out of gme in the past few months. Enough that I am now playing with the houses money.

As far as I can tell, retail (the little guys) is taking it seriously and not selling, just buying more when they can.

The volume of trades has been so low the past few days, as the price drops, that it supports this theory.

And therefore is not unreasonable to assume that the trades now are the big guys just selling back and forth between themselves.

This thread sure is quiet. More in-depth (accuracy indeterminable) DD submitted to GME-related subreddits than I've ever seen. I don't think this show is over yet. It feels like when you're cresting the top of an incline on a rollercoaster, heart in your throat, knowing the excitement is about to begin.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
This thread sure is quiet. More in-depth (accuracy indeterminable) DD submitted to GME-related subreddits than I've ever seen. I don't think this show is over yet. It feels like when you're cresting the top of an incline on a rollercoaster, heart in your throat, knowing the excitement is about to begin.
Only time will tell. We don’t know if it drops to 100(or 30) or shoots up to 300 or 400 or higher.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I get the impression that behind the scenes the Street is desperately doing everything within its means to keep the price down. However, I have no evidence that this is so beyond the fact that the millions of members at WSB are trying to squeeze it some more, but the price is stubbornly refusing to go up.

RDF

Woodpecker
I get the impression that behind the scenes the Street is desperately doing everything within its means to keep the price down. However, I have no evidence that this is so beyond the fact that the millions of members at WSB are trying to squeeze it some more, but the price is stubbornly refusing to go up.

The reason that the stock is not going up is because you can only "squeeze" a stock so much. A market price represents the perfect intersection of supply and demand. Initially, WSB had the great idea to create the short squeeze, and by forcing millions of shared sold short to be covered, they created a giant tailwind of demand in addition to the sympathy buying (including from many on this thread) because of the enormous amount of hype with MSM news discussing it for hours. It became a movement in its own right, at least for a moment. That was admittedly awesome.

Now? The shorts have largely covered. The hype that created sympathy buying is gone. And from a fundamental equity analysis point of view, GME is not worth anywhere near $200 (or $500+) per share. Not to mention that there are still plenty of people with a cost basis of <$50/sh or lower who are sitting on 4x gains. Some of these people are cashing out too, even if they deny it to the death. There's no need for the street to manipulate the price - it can all be explained logically.

Unfortunately, I think the GME party is largely over.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Some more elitists speaking out against allowing the hoi-polloi to participate in their markets:

Compile lists of statements that guys like this (Munger) and realize that if you fade them, you are doing the right thing. Why else would they have been able to catapult themselves to the top if not for a system that benefits their ilk? Thus, Munger "hates the success of bitcoin."

Exactly.

csrjpxv7mpy61.jpg