Gamestop Reddit short squeeze

Cuchulainn2016

Woodpecker
Or the more realistic explanation is that buying pressure dried up at the $200 range and now sellers are in control and will likely drive it to $130 range unless there is any new catalyst.

Not everything is some crazy hedge fund or MM conspiracy.
I have made a fair bit out of gme in the past few months. Enough that I am now playing with the houses money.

As far as I can tell, retail (the little guys) is taking it seriously and not selling, just buying more when they can.

The volume of trades has been so low the past few days, as the price drops, that it supports this theory.

And therefore is not unreasonable to assume that the trades now are the big guys just selling back and forth between themselves.

This thread sure is quiet. More in-depth (accuracy indeterminable) DD submitted to GME-related subreddits than I've ever seen. I don't think this show is over yet. It feels like when you're cresting the top of an incline on a rollercoaster, heart in your throat, knowing the excitement is about to begin.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
This thread sure is quiet. More in-depth (accuracy indeterminable) DD submitted to GME-related subreddits than I've ever seen. I don't think this show is over yet. It feels like when you're cresting the top of an incline on a rollercoaster, heart in your throat, knowing the excitement is about to begin.
Only time will tell. We don’t know if it drops to 100(or 30) or shoots up to 300 or 400 or higher.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I get the impression that behind the scenes the Street is desperately doing everything within its means to keep the price down. However, I have no evidence that this is so beyond the fact that the millions of members at WSB are trying to squeeze it some more, but the price is stubbornly refusing to go up.

RDF

Woodpecker
I get the impression that behind the scenes the Street is desperately doing everything within its means to keep the price down. However, I have no evidence that this is so beyond the fact that the millions of members at WSB are trying to squeeze it some more, but the price is stubbornly refusing to go up.

The reason that the stock is not going up is because you can only "squeeze" a stock so much. A market price represents the perfect intersection of supply and demand. Initially, WSB had the great idea to create the short squeeze, and by forcing millions of shared sold short to be covered, they created a giant tailwind of demand in addition to the sympathy buying (including from many on this thread) because of the enormous amount of hype with MSM news discussing it for hours. It became a movement in its own right, at least for a moment. That was admittedly awesome.

Now? The shorts have largely covered. The hype that created sympathy buying is gone. And from a fundamental equity analysis point of view, GME is not worth anywhere near $200 (or $500+) per share. Not to mention that there are still plenty of people with a cost basis of <$50/sh or lower who are sitting on 4x gains. Some of these people are cashing out too, even if they deny it to the death. There's no need for the street to manipulate the price - it can all be explained logically.

Unfortunately, I think the GME party is largely over.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Orthodox
Some more elitists speaking out against allowing the hoi-polloi to participate in their markets:

Compile lists of statements that guys like this (Munger) and realize that if you fade them, you are doing the right thing. Why else would they have been able to catapult themselves to the top if not for a system that benefits their ilk? Thus, Munger "hates the success of bitcoin."

Exactly.

csrjpxv7mpy61.jpg

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I purchased some $AMC during January -- and have been mostly down since. I'm coming close to breaking even...any opinions on AMC specifically?

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I purchased some $AMC during January -- and have been mostly down since. I'm coming close to breaking even...any opinions on AMC specifically?
I purchased 10 shares during the Gamestonk short squeeze at $17. I noticed the past couple of trading days that the share price has gotten up to $14, tempting me to go ahead and unload them at a small loss just to be rid of them, although I haven't yet.

The predictions are that the cinema industry in the US is in decline. Maybe. I used to really enjoy going to movies. I liked the trend of theaters in the US and other places like Japan and Singapore in which you could reserve your reclining, comfortable seat and buy a beer or cocktail to drink while watching the movie. However, I also noticed that too many other patrons in the US would still talk or use their cellphone during the movie and not make any attempt to keep their children quiet. It seemed like it never failed that I would be settled into my seat as the movie was starting and some jabroni would noisily arrive and sit in the chair directly in front of me.

Anyway, I think the biggest threat to movie theaters is that the movies haven't been as good lately. Most of them are garbage. Bad writing, woke nonsense, and unattractive actors with low charisma. Hollywood made a big mistake getting so openly into politics. If the movies are going to be lower quality, then AMC and the other chains are going to need to lower their prices, both for the tickets and for the concessions. They'll need to demand cheaper rent from the malls and shopping centers where they are located.

We'll see. I wish I could predict if AMC was going to succeed or not. I think they have a fair shot if they're willing to make the changes necessary to keep people in the seats. I'm not sure if their streaming service will provide enough revenue because of the competition. The "Town Center" trend in the US, in which downtown-type outdoor shopping centers are constructed with condos and townhouses around the outside, likely still want to have a combination arts center/movie theater as the central attraction.

Last edited:

PhatEarf

Sparrow
I bought AMC when this thread started in January, but sold it shortly afterward. I would have been up $2 and made $20. Instead I realized the only play was GME and sold everything to dump it into like 1 share of GME LOL. Since that time I've been buying and buying and buying and holding. I have not sold anything to "play with the house's money." I'm all in. When I read /superstonk and /gme (because they had to leave /wallstreetbets due to shilling and bots and whatever else) all the little apes like me are doing the same thing. People are buying every paycheck. This has made GME a real problem to the powers that be. AMC has like 5.5 billion shares. GME has 75.5 million or something like that. Look at the numbers. Try to understand the scale. A big move for AMC is $1 because of the sheer number of shares. GME will move $10 in a day on no volume and no news. It's the most volatile and positioned for big gains, IN MY OPINION. I had no problem selling AMC at a loss because they almost immediately sold millions of shares to cover some debt. They are still in debt. They don't care about retail, and they'll sell sell sell as long as you'll buy. Plus, why would I want to support movie theaters? Yeah, video games are pretty degenerate, too, but movies are really the worst. I don't care if Joe and Jill Normie want to go see movies in the theater after the CDC gives them permission to take off their masks. They're just going to be watching some Jew filth anyway. GME for me, thanks. Power to the players.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I bought AMC when this thread started in January, but sold it shortly afterward. I would have been up $2 and made $20. Instead I realized the only play was GME and sold everything to dump it into like 1 share of GME LOL. Since that time I've been buying and buying and buying and holding. I have not sold anything to "play with the house's money." I'm all in. When I read /superstonk and /gme (because they had to leave /wallstreetbets due to shilling and bots and whatever else) all the little apes like me are doing the same thing. People are buying every paycheck. This has made GME a real problem to the powers that be. AMC has like 5.5 billion shares. GME has 75.5 million or something like that. Look at the numbers. Try to understand the scale. A big move for AMC is $1 because of the sheer number of shares. GME will move $10 in a day on no volume and no news. It's the most volatile and positioned for big gains, IN MY OPINION. I had no problem selling AMC at a loss because they almost immediately sold millions of shares to cover some debt. They are still in debt. They don't care about retail, and they'll sell sell sell as long as you'll buy. Plus, why would I want to support movie theaters? Yeah, video games are pretty degenerate, too, but movies are really the worst. I don't care if Joe and Jill Normie want to go see movies in the theater after the CDC gives them permission to take off their masks. They're just going to be watching some Jew filth anyway. GME for me, thanks. Power to the players.

Brother do yourself a favor and start looking at this through an intelligent financial perspective and not some movement of weirdo losers. You’ve bought into this way too hard, the only people who are going to make any money are the people who sell the rest are just bag holders.....

PhatEarf

Sparrow
Brother do yourself a favor and start looking at this through an intelligent financial perspective and not some movement of weirdo losers. You’ve bought into this way too hard, the only people who are going to make any money are the people who sell the rest are just bag holders.....
Nice bait. I caught a ban last time I replied to one of you guys. I'm going to continue to buy and hold. Yes, eventually I will sell. Everyone sells at some point. The question is, "what is the price?" I don't buy the whole $10M is the floor thing, but, hey if it makes it there, you know I'll have one share left to hit that sell button.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Nice bait. I caught a ban last time I replied to one of you guys. I'm going to continue to buy and hold. Yes, eventually I will sell. Everyone sells at some point. The question is, "what is the price?" I don't buy the whole $10M is the floor thing, but, hey if it makes it there, you know I'll have one share left to hit that sell button.

What did I say that was bait and what would you possibly reply to what I said that would get you banned?

Sorry missed that you only have one share, enjoy.....not looking to put down what you believe for no reason.

PhatEarf

Sparrow
What did I say that was bait and what would you possibly reply to what I said that would get you banned?

Sorry missed that you only have one share, enjoy.....not looking to put down what you believe for no reason.
"start looking at this through an intelligent financial perspective and not some movement of weirdo losers"

I'm not responding to that bait. I'm not a 1 share holder, I'm XX at this point. I bought the dip. Name calling and all that gets you a timeout, not quite a ban, I had a timeout. Just wanted to clarify. And it was Roosh, too, so I guess I feel special now. If you look at the Reddit subforums you will find that there are very intelligent people analyzing the situation every day so I don't have to. I really don't care. I buy and hold. Other people stress about it. I am more concerned about my homestead. But since this thread is about GME, I thought I'd weigh in on the AMC posts that showed up here.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
"start looking at this through an intelligent financial perspective and not some movement of weirdo losers"

I'm not responding to that bait. I'm not a 1 share holder, I'm XX at this point. I bought the dip. Name calling and all that gets you a timeout, not quite a ban, I had a timeout. Just wanted to clarify. And it was Roosh, too, so I guess I feel special now. If you look at the Reddit subforums you will find that there are very intelligent people analyzing the situation every day so I don't have to. I really don't care. I buy and hold. Other people stress about it. I am more concerned about my homestead. But since this thread is about GME, I thought I'd weigh in on the AMC posts that showed up here.

People analyzing it so you don’t have to huh?

I wasn’t referring to you as a weirdo loser this isn’t reddit that we’re discussing this on, good luck to you.

PhatEarf

Sparrow
People analyzing it so you don’t have to huh?

I wasn’t referring to you as a weirdo loser this isn’t reddit that we’re discussing this on, good luck to you.
You realize they post the links to their DD, right? I can follow up on what they are saying and read it for myself. That's how journalism is supposed to work. You analyze the data and decide if you agree with the conclusion.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I currently have a 60-day limit sell order for my one share of GME at $500, which I originally purchased for $327. Who knows if it will ever get there or not? It's fun to watch it go up and down. Like I said before, I may end up holding that one share forever. It was worth the possible loss of a couple hundred dollars to participate in this mini- "revolution", if that's what it is.

However, on the subject of WSB itself, they need to get more organized and focused. They've memed some silly stocks, like Jaguar. If they really wanted to make some serious, consistent money, they should be focusing more on small company stocks that have their stuff together, like Citius, aTyr, and some of the small mining companies.