Gamestop Reddit short squeeze

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Bought and sold twice already today, my “long” hold uwmc which is a local company is also doing well. I think a lot of people pulled out of crypto and are looking for things to put their money on and people into crypto would go pretty hand in hand with “meme” stocks.....gosh I hate that term.....among other factors obviously.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I have a few AMC shares. I'm certainly not selling them until I see how the current 1B+ short interest situation works itself out. The borrowing fees for the shorts by the MM's keeps rising. I think margin calls are coming.

It has the makings of a short squeeze and a significant one at that.
Looks like you were right. I sold my AMC shares yesterday for a few dollars profit. Now, watch them zoom up to $50 or something today.

rainy

Kingfisher
AMC is $38 after hours. Shorts aren’t even covering yet. I think this legit runs to triple digits PPS and possibly well, well into the triple digits when they’re forced to cover. Short interest keeps rising. Retail has broken thru multiple walls. FOMO will kick in.

MM’s are about to get ransacked and I love it.

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
AMC is $38 after hours. Shorts aren’t even covering yet. I think this legit runs to triple digits PPS and possibly well, well into the triple digits when they’re forced to cover. Short interest keeps rising. Retail has broken thru multiple walls. FOMO will kick in.

MM’s are about to get ransacked and I love it.
I'm up good on AMC but no one seems to know what price it needs to hit for the shorts to start covering. I'm seeing a lot of shifting goal posts. A week ago I heard $15. Now they're saying 30-50. What's a realistic number in your book?

rainy

Kingfisher
I'm up good on AMC but no one seems to know what price it needs to hit for the shorts to start covering. I'm seeing a lot of shifting goal posts. A week ago I heard $15. Now they're saying 30-50. What's a realistic number in your book?
It's tough to peg a price as the duration of shorting and the interest paid is a huge factor. I think MM's have lost 1.5B in the last week on short interest. Borrowing is getting tougher and more expensive. So how long can they hold out? The money they lose will only increase by the looks of it as retail volume is thru the roof.

It could be days, weeks or months. Every shorter has to decide how long they're willing to pay the interest against the chances this goes down. Continued interest payments when this looks like it will go 40, 50, 60, 70, 80+ might trigger a squeeze relatively soon.

But a few margin calls because shorts can't cover could get the ball rolling rapidly. My guess is the squeeze starts in a few weeks after sustained prices between $50-75 and losses approaching 10B with the outlook of this approaching $100. The price is going up because it's too expensive and too hard to borrow shares to short right now. And retail is buying everything up. MM's are in trouble.

That's my take anyway. I'm just being patient.

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
It's tough to peg a price as the duration of shorting and the interest paid is a huge factor. I think MM's have lost 1.5B in the last week on short interest. Borrowing is getting tougher and more expensive. So how long can they hold out? The money they lose will only increase by the looks of it as retail volume is thru the roof.

It could be days, weeks or months. Every shorter has to decide how long they're willing to pay the interest against the chances this goes down. Continued interest payments when this looks like it will go 40, 50, 60, 70, 80+ might trigger a squeeze relatively soon.

But a few margin calls because shorts can't cover could get the ball rolling rapidly. My guess is the squeeze starts in a few weeks after sustained prices between $50-75 and losses approaching 10B with the outlook of this approaching $100. The price is going up because it's too expensive and too hard to borrow shares to short right now. And retail is buying everything up. MM's are in trouble.

That's my take anyway. I'm just being patient.
People been speculating on this since GME but now the heat seems to be turned up a notch. After Hours performance today was insane. I agree that 50-75 is the sweet spot. Retail would have more leverage in that area. I'm just waiting for that first margin call at this point.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I'm surprised we haven't seen a media blitz against the "white supremacists" who are holding their AMC stock and refusing to sell it because of their ant-Semitism. In fact, I just looked at CNN's business page and there was no mention of it at all. Perhaps they know that that won't work because it didn't work in January-February during the first GME short squeeze. I suspect that the MMs are working behind the scenes with the Biden administration to get some kind of regulation or mandate in place so they don't end up in this situation again.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I'm surprised we haven't seen a media blitz against the "white supremacists" who are holding their AMC stock and refusing to sell it because of their ant-Semitism. In fact, I just looked at CNN's business page and there was no mention of it at all. Perhaps they know that that won't work because it didn't work in January-February during the first GME short squeeze. I suspect that the MMs are working behind the scenes with the Biden administration to get some kind of regulation or mandate in place so they don't end up in this situation again.

The last time they tried to work that angle to went against them, it actually made more people interested.

Nobody likes jews, as much as the jew media would beg you to believe that everyone supports them. For Jews to cry racism over money would be like blacks being upset that whites are eating up all the fried chicken.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The last time they tried to work that angle to went against them, it actually made more people interested.
Yes, if they want the price to go down, the last thing they would want is for more amateur investors (like me) to buy a few shares just for the fun of it. I just checked and AMC is currently at $43.

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I posted a couple of weeks ago wanting more info on AMC and why things were going the way they were. It was hard to find tangible info on what it was predicted to do.

I sold AMC at a slight loss once BTC and ETH crashed and moved all my AMC funds there. AMC was around $14 when I did this.

I'm positive that in the long term this was the right thing to do (BTC and ETH will come back strong eventually) but it still hurts that within a week of making this move, not months or years, but a week, AMC hits $20 and today it's doing this.

Just needed to vent.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Hey, when does this GME Squeeze actually happen? Aren't these shorts eventually going to have to cover themselves on a given date.

I bought a little for fun and am about even right now.