Ginger Baker, 1939-2019

puckerman

Ostrich
We lost one of the all-time great drummers. Ginger Baker was the drummer for Cream and Blind Faith and contributed his drumming to many others over the years.

Here is his masterpiece, "Toad":

Here is the album Ginger Baker's Air Force:

He was great in Cream and ranked the 3rd best drummer of all time in 1 poll. I used to love the guy when I went through a classic rock music phase while I was in college. RIP to one of the all time greats. As a side note -- in the near future, we're going to have a huge die off of artists from the 50s/60s/early 70s era. I really do need to make it a point to see these people performing live before they pass on. Especially people like Eric Clapton or even Mick Jagger.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Yeah Right said:
He was great in Cream and ranked the 3rd best drummer of all time in 1 poll. I used to love the guy when I went through a classic rock music phase while I was in college. RIP to one of the all time greats. As a side note -- in the near future, we're going to have a huge die off of artists from the 50s/60s/early 70s era. I really do need to make it a point to see these people performing live before they pass on. Especially people like Eric Clapton or even Mick Jagger.

You bring up a sad but good point. It really is astonishing how long some of them have managed to live considering the fast life most of these guys lived.

puckerman

Ostrich
Keith Moon and John Bonham both died at the age of 32. I guess that's a magic number for drummers. That's exactly 2/5 of how long Ginger lived.