Girls... please allow me to share my admittedly silly and shallow, yet sad mistake and loss with you all.

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
So up until a few days ago, my hair was all one length and it was thick, long, and beautiful. Well, silly me went ahead and decided to cut my own bangs. They looked pretty bad, so I went into a salon to fix it. And now, that's right... it looks worse. Remember Elvira? That's basically what my hair looks like.

I'm pretty sure I'm wearing a headcovering for the next X months. And I solemnly swear before all of you to never cut my own bangs again.

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Was it thick bangs? I cut my own thin whispy bangs and it turns out fine. After a few days it’s perfect. Maybe start small? You will be fine.

Jessie

Robin
Woman
Protestant
Sympathies! I recently cut some very wispy, long, curtain bangs. They are too long to be left out of my ponytail, and too short to blend in with it. So they kind of stick up and curl over my head like Cindy Lou Who. I’m waiting for them to grow out and I’ll never cut bangs again.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
Bangs are tough! I've trimmed my hair a few times - but once I tried to get creative with the layers and it looked pretty ratchet.