Giving up caffeine is a game changer

Sargon2112

Sparrow
I still have some green tea, sweetened with honey each morning. No coffee though. If I skip the tea, there are no side effects. When I was drinking coffee, skipping a day was a guaranteed headache.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
I am going to replace my morning coffee with a smoothie blend I have been making. I noticed with the smoothie that I don't have a desire for coffee and often I would throw half my cup down the sink. I'll see how it goes this week. My smoothie is a blend of.

3/4 cup of whole milk
3/4 cup of Greek plain yogurt
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup of spinach
1 cup of blue berries
1 tablespoon of honey

It actually tastes really good, which surprised me. I can't taste the spinach at all.

JiggyLordJr

Woodpecker
Been off caffeine for about 6 months now. I pretty much never wake up groggy anymore, the difference is tremendous.

Caffeine is one of those small changes that makes a huge difference in QoL.

Easy_C

Crow
^Woman I used to work with would drink red bulls non stop .. and.. fall asleep at her desk.

I swore off tea, coffee and soda as a youngster. Fell off the wagon on fizzy drinks recently but.. I don't worry about it too much.

If I drink coffee I can't sleep for 36 hours or so.
There are some people who just aren’t impacted by it. I went to grad school with a guy who had zero reaction to coffee. He was exactly the same no matter whether he had a half dozen cups or zero.

westernman

Pigeon
3 months for me now.

I think as with every vice you cut out, the benefits aren't easing of life... The substances do a job. With caffeine, you can get a crappy 6-hour sleep in a blue light room, wake up at 5 AM down a coffee and be productive for the day. Try doing that off caffeine..

The benefits are clarity of mind and sober thought. No high, but also no low. I definitely notice more dreams, better skin, but also more of a dependent mood. I find myself with little organic motivation, but I believe these is due to the environment, and the caffeine was just a cope before.

monsquid

Kingfisher
I notice sleep is much better without any caffeine intake. Even when I go to sleep late tired and get only 5 hours of sleep, it's still better overall. My goal is to make it to 2021 then re-evaluate caffeine intake.

I also notice that I really miss the ritual of drinking coffee. The smell, the taste, like a junkie, you start to miss the small details.

I notice sleep is much better without any caffeine intake. Even when I go to sleep late tired and get only 5 hours of sleep, it's still better overall. My goal is to make it to 2021 then re-evaluate caffeine intake.

I also notice that I really miss the ritual of drinking coffee. The smell, the taste, like a junkie, you start to miss the small details.
I also miss the ritual of walking to McDonalds in the morning to buy a coffee.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
3 months for me now.

I think as with every vice you cut out, the benefits aren't easing of life... The substances do a job. With caffeine, you can get a crappy 6-hour sleep in a blue light room, wake up at 5 AM down a coffee and be productive for the day. Try doing that off caffeine..

The benefits are clarity of mind and sober thought. No high, but also no low. I definitely notice more dreams, better skin, but also more of a dependent mood. I find myself with little organic motivation, but I believe these is due to the environment, and the caffeine was just a cope before.
Notice any difference in hair quality? (less dry hair etc.)

Johnnyvee

Pelican
I have always had healthy hair, but now it's possible more oily. Hard to say.
Yeah, would expect the opposite though, since caffeine increases T/DHT and hence sebum production significantly. But could be a lot of things. You tend to eat more once you quit caffeine also, since it`s a potent appetite suppressant. So if you consume more food, and more carbs in particular, it could have the same effects of increased DHT.

A lot of folks tend to see less dry and even grey hair when quitting caffeine. But of you`re too young for that to be an issue you might not notice anything. Caffeine also plays a major role in the development of male pattern baldness, with it`s insulin and DHT elevating effects. So if you have those genetics in your family it`s a great idea to quit while you`re young and the problem has not developed that much yet.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
One more thing I am going to try is goji berries. For right now I just have goji berry powder. Finding the powder or even the dried berries might take a little work, but it sounds like they might help as well.

Goji Berries.

monsquid

Kingfisher
One more thing I am going to try is goji berries. For right now I just have goji berry powder. Finding the powder or even the dried berries might take a little work, but it sounds like they might help as well.

Goji Berries.
Don't fall for the goji berry meme. In 2015 I was all on the healthy living hype and spent lots of $$$ on expensive organic food items, to include goji berries, that in hindsight were a total waste of money.

Try a shot of lime or lemon juice to start your day. Or what I do now is lime juice and salt in water. Much cheaper than goji berries and delivers electrolytes + vitamin c hydration to start your day.

Since my recent return to Christ around the end of July I have quit smoking cigarettes after smoking about two packs a day for nigh on 13 years. I simply promised Christ that I would quit all nicotine and I did. It was actually super easy. I've also quit smoking cannabis, not because I see anything wrong with it if it's used in moderation, and I was using it in moderation, but I stopped just to save money and remain clear minded as I begin my new spiritual regimen. Prayer and Christ centered meditation.

Now caffeine on the other hand is a real beast to quit. Those dang headaches and cravings are crippling! After reading what has been posted here I'm going to try to wean myself off of it. Wish me luck!

Edit: Oh and I have been praying for health and healing and have dramatically Improved my diet. Lots of raw garlic! Any recommendations for healthy foods?

May Christ favor you all!

Christ save Western Civilization!

bucky

Pelican
Since my recent return to Christ around the end of July I have quit smoking cigarettes after smoking about two packs a day for nigh on 13 years. I simply promised Christ that I would quit all nicotine and I did. It was actually super easy. I've also quit smoking cannabis, not because I see anything wrong with it if it's used in moderation, and I was using it in moderation, but I stopped just to save money and remain clear minded as I begin my new spiritual regimen. Prayer and Christ centered meditation.

Now caffeine on the other hand is a real beast to quit. Those dang headaches and cravings are crippling! After reading what has been posted here I'm going to try to wean myself off of it. Wish me luck!

Edit: Oh and I have been praying for health and healing and have dramatically Improved my diet. Lots of raw garlic! Any recommendations for healthy foods?

May Christ favor you all!

Christ save Western Civilization!
Buckwheat is one if my favorite superfoods. One of the only complete plant-based proteins. I make bread and pancakes out of it.

I'm a caffeine addict myself. Been limiting it to what's in my preworkout lately, around 200mg. That way I don't get the debilitating head aches on off days, but I still miss it a lot and my sleep isn't so good. On the plus side, I seem to concentrate better with moderate amounts of caffeine.

Zoso

Robin
How long has been the longest abstinence syndrome that some of you have had?

I stopped caffeine in march since I read that it could be related with some pains in the neck and shoulder. Also, before that, I was drinking a bit more of normal, often 4-5 cups per day at office.
I havent drunk any cup since then but the same month I stopped, with no explanation, I got a lot of headaches and even full stress and strong anxiety periods but couldn't know if they were due to abstinence or kind of a response for quarantine.