Golden Globes Red Pillaged by Gervais & Di Caprio

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member
I don't care if it was authorized or not. The stars didn't know it was coming, and they got both barrels. It was hilarious.

The woke media does not like it one bit - they want full on-Antifa activism. They still praised the topics mentioned - veganism, global warming, #metoo, anti-Trumpism light, #stronkwahmen etc.

At this point I think that the elite know the media to be a form of Antifa, so they let the lowly paid scribblers do their crap knowing that the media will be losing more and more readers anyway, so they don't care much.

Zevs

Sparrow
Tell me why are we even paying attention to these people, I hate them with a passion. They stand for all that I hate. I only found out about this so called Gervais speech cause of this forum. These people are the worst of the worst, they are up there with those irreligious freaks isis. Burn Hollywood burn, burn tinseltown down to the ground.

Towgunner

Woodpecker
He said what I have been thinking for years. In fact, I have fantasized about doing exactly this. One observation, this institution is dying. Ratings for these shows have been on a perpetual slide for years. Web based entertainment is the future and I believe that, so long as we do not descend any further into a totalitarian state, the entertainment industry of the future will be a lot more diverse, no not in an sjw way, I mean "diverse" in that youtube offers a very very diverse selection of channels. Importantly, orders of magnitude more diverse than conventional media. That matters, because that makes for an inherently decentralized media, which is orders of magnitude harder to control/propaganda.

And than there is quality. I find a youtube channel like "Dayjoborchestra" a lot more funny than anything mainstream today or even what has been considered mainstream for the last 20 years. Also, consider the cost to get into hollywood. Does sleeping around and nepotism correlate with talent and merit? No. I believe good acting does take talent and I believe I've seen talented acting for sure. I suspect there are far more talented people out there than this current class of "entertainers".

My favorite part of his speech was telling all those fucking reprehensible dickheads that all they do is play pretend. Because they fucking do.

PixelFree

Kingfisher
"Gervais didn't kill himself."

Just getting in on this one early.

Also, I heard that South American countries (Brazil? Chile?) find it crazy that we pay any attention to the political opinions of celebrities. They are simply bimbo actors who are paid to read lines on camera, not analysts or thought leaders. I have to say, I completely agree with them.

VNvet

Kingfisher
Towgunner said:
He said what I have been thinking for years. In fact, I have fantasized about doing exactly this. One observation, this institution is dying. Ratings for these shows have been on a perpetual slide for years. Web based entertainment is the future and I believe that, so long as we do not descend any further into a totalitarian state, the entertainment industry of the future will be a lot more diverse, no not in an sjw way, I mean "diverse" in that youtube offers a very very diverse selection of channels. Importantly, orders of magnitude more diverse than conventional media. That matters, because that makes for an inherently decentralized media, which is orders of magnitude harder to control/propaganda.

And than there is quality. I find a youtube channel like "Dayjoborchestra" a lot more funny than anything mainstream today or even what has been considered mainstream for the last 20 years. Also, consider the cost to get into hollywood. Does sleeping around and nepotism correlate with talent and merit? No. I believe good acting does take talent and I believe I've seen talented acting for sure. I suspect there are far more talented people out there than this current class of "entertainers".

My favorite part of his speech was telling all those fucking reprehensible dickheads that all they do is play pretend. Because they fucking do.
I'll let you in on a secret:

A lot of the online personalities, more than you could ever imagine, are controlled by the same people. They might not have the looks, desire, or ancestry to work in Hollywood (talent doesn't matter, as you noted), so they put them online. The YouTube/Google algorithm makes it extremely easy to promote these people. One does not get famous by accident. Not sure about your guy, but it's common.

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
Simeon_Strangelight said:
He did not just freestyle it - it was fully condoned.

Ricky Gervais is still mainstream - just the more right-wing part of the woke shitstain that is Hollywood and entertainment.
It was 3 minutes in a 3 hour broadcast. And it was immediately followed by some beat chick talking about murdering her baby like it was a virtue. Plus he's an atheist and huge supporter of gay rights.

Maybe I don't get British comedy but it doesn't make me laugh.

VNvet

Kingfisher
Captainstabbin said:
Simeon_Strangelight said:
He did not just freestyle it - it was fully condoned.

Ricky Gervais is still mainstream - just the more right-wing part of the woke shitstain that is Hollywood and entertainment.
It was 3 minutes in a 3 hour broadcast. And it was immediately followed by some beat chick talking about murdering her baby like it was a virtue. Plus he's an atheist and huge supporter of gay rights.

Maybe I don't get British comedy but it doesn't make me laugh.
Yeah, it wasn't funny. It was just a pressure release to make it seem like someone is on our side. Same as most comedians, honestly.

He's not on our side.

The ISIS inside joke was decent for those woke on the ISIS question.

Eusebius

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I agree with Simeon, it's just kabuki theater and a way for the system to let off some steam. Gervais has done it before as have others in the long tradition of the buffoon "speaking truth to power". The court jester gets up and says something close to the bone about the king, everyone gasps and that is that. Helps to forestall the revolution.

Dangerfield - the formerly drugged out far-left failed stand-up comedian (who is now more real nationalist right) - he rips into Gervais and calls it just a con:

The Alt-Lite, the Skeptics and the normies like it, but that is about it.

And he is right - for the first time in years the shitty Golden Globes were a back-slapping success for Hollywood, because people were talking about it. And they still venerate the same hypocrites and useful idiots of Hollywood who hate your guts while preaching austerity for you but not for them. They want you to take the bus, but they are going to take a private plane.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
All the same, regardless of who & what Gervais is specifically.
His opening bit doesn't help Hollowood at all.
Especially as Hollowood is more likely to double-down on their nonsense.

Even films that are well made & not woke at all, are struggling to make a profit. Despite the 'star-power' of the actors.

Ford vs. Ferrari.
A rather well made drama.
Yet even though it stars two of the biggest names around - Christian Bale & Matt Damon.
The film is still ~80mil away from breaking even. Let alone making a profit.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl990348801/?ref_=bo_da_table_12

Ad Astra.
Space odyssey not far off from Interstellar & 2001.
Stars more big names - Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland.
Also struggled to break even with a deficit of around ~130mil.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl1560446465/?ref_=bo_tt_gr_1

Which makes the conceited nature of Hollowood puppets even more retarded.
Their stars are rapidly waning...

Hollywood, like most other businesses, seems to be operating in a "post-profit paradigm." They aren't concerned with survival as companies and brands as much as they are with social engineering. The saying "get woke, go broke" best elucidates this idea - but misses the bigger point, which is simply that they don't care. They are no longer accountable to their shareholders in most cases, but rather to the ruling "ideological shareholders" who will shame and destroy them unless they fall into lockstep with "progress." It's obviously a suicidal way to run a company, but their hands are somewhat tied due to their fear of "progressive" backlash. The irony of course is that if companies were simply allowed to produce what consumers want, absent pressure from social engineers, they'd make far more people happy and make far more money. This is demonstrated, easily, every single time a company gives the finger to "social justice warriors" and just creates a solid product with no attention paid to their demands. But most CEOs aren't brave or intelligent enough to stop the bleeding they're currently experiencing.

Kurgan

Kingfisher
As far as I can remember, Ricky has always been left-leaning, but he doesn't like comedy being censored now for fear of someone getting triggered over a joke and he's become anti-censorship because of this.

A lot of those celebrities faces were stone-faced and like "Oh crap" with shit eating grins.

questor70

Ostrich
Kurgan said:
he doesn't like comedy being censored now for fear of someone getting triggered over a joke and he's become anti-censorship because of this.
Comedians are on the front lines. That's how Joker got made--as a meta-expression of Todd Phillips frustration over feeling like he could no longer do comedy anymore.

VNvet

Kingfisher
Kurgan said:
As far as I can remember, Ricky has always been left-leaning, but he doesn't like comedy being censored now for fear of someone getting triggered over a joke and he's become anti-censorship because of this.

A lot of those celebrities faces were stone-faced and like "Oh crap" with shit eating grins.
He, and literally everyone else in Hollywood, does exactly what his Jewish handler tells him to do. You're giving these drooling, inbred retards too much credit.

VNvet

Kingfisher
Leonard D Neubache said:
What about Men Gibson?
He's still in Hollywood and recently won some awards, which should answer the question. You don't get blackballed for 10 years then win two Academy Awards. He's an Honorary Officer in the Order of Australia if you still have any doubt.

He'll have a nice comeback storyline. Probably chop his dick off or discover he's actually Jewish, I don't know.

This is also why I don't buy the Kanye conversion story.