Good states to live in the United States

Fort WorthTX and Conroe TX have caught my eye.

I'm getting away from Bama soon.

ROLL TIDE btw. That was a murder last night by them crimson boys. Anyhow, yeah I am considering transplanting soon.

I just might be a fan.

Alpone

Woodpecker
A lot of the advice here is outdated and mentions places that were great maybe 10 years ago but have since declined. Someone mentioned Austin (lol). It's already a blue shithole with massive homelessness and crime problems, a growing infestation of Californians and crazy leftist politicians. Nashville is going that way too. As is Denver and even some of the 2nd tier Colorado cities. Within the next 10 years, even smaller places like Boise and Knoxville may go far left and take on all the problems that come with it.

If you want to stay ahead of the curve and not have to move every 5 years after your city turns into a democrat shithole, you may need to go further off the beaten path, to cities with very little name recognition which most people (liberals) couldn't find on a map. There are trade offs with that strategy as well, as smaller cities provide less employment/social opportunities.

Living in a declining empire is like being on the run from an armed madman. It requires you to be on your feet, aware of your surroundings, thinking 3 steps ahead and ready to move if you see him come around the corner.

nathan

Robin
A lot of the advice here is outdated and mentions places that were great maybe 10 years ago but have since declined. Someone mentioned Austin (lol). It's already a blue shithole with massive homelessness and crime problems, a growing infestation of Californians and crazy leftist politicians.

Not outdated. I mentioned it and I currently live in Austin. My experience has been nowhere near as bad as you hear about. We do not have the type of homeless problem you are thinking of because our governor is Republican and he threatened the city that if they didn't curtail the problem, he would step in and do so. It's not a shithole at all. It's the nicest metro in Texas still. You are correct about Californians and leftists however.

nathan

Robin

I'm getting away from Bama soon.

ROLL TIDE btw. That was a murder last night by them crimson boys. Anyhow, yeah I am considering transplanting soon.

I just might be a fan.

Conroe/The Woodlands is a great area to raise a family. They are technically a Houston suburb but they are also sort of their own little region

Not outdated. I mentioned it and I currently live in Austin. My experience has been nowhere near as bad as you hear about. We do not have the type of homeless problem you are thinking of because our governor is Republican and he threatened the city that if they didn't curtail the problem, he would step in and do so. It's not a shithole at all. It's the nicest metro in Texas still. You are correct about Californians and leftists however.
Plus many of us are not necessarily looking to be inside the city anyway, but want to be nearby (for things to do, access to the airport, etc). So when I say Dallas I'm thinking about the entire Dallas-Fort Worth metro area.

nathan

Robin
I've never been to Oklahoma, but people interested in Texas might want to check out OKC and Tulsa. Oklahoma seems similar to Texas but even more Republican. Latte liberal Californians are more likely to avoid it too.

Tulsa is also close to the Ozarks.

I have a decent amount of experience with Tulsa. Would highly recommend. It is just like you say

sanfranman

Chicken
A lot of the advice here is outdated and mentions places that were great maybe 10 years ago but have since declined. Someone mentioned Austin (lol). It's already a blue shithole with massive homelessness and crime problems, a growing infestation of Californians and crazy leftist politicians. Nashville is going that way too. As is Denver and even some of the 2nd tier Colorado cities. Within the next 10 years, even smaller places like Boise and Knoxville may go far left and take on all the problems that come with it.

If you want to stay ahead of the curve and not have to move every 5 years after your city turns into a democrat shithole, you may need to go further off the beaten path, to cities with very little name recognition which most people (liberals) couldn't find on a map. There are trade offs with that strategy as well, as smaller cities provide less employment/social opportunities.

Living in a declining empire is like being on the run from an armed madman. It requires you to be on your feet, aware of your surroundings, thinking 3 steps ahead and ready to move if you see him come around the corner.
Remote working will change all this in the next tens years as corporate american can send out all its liberal, progressive, drones into the small heart lands of America. This is how they'll take over, in around 30 years, the whole place will be blue and "progressive" . Ironically, it might be some of the "normally" blue states that might come back red, like Florida, California, and New Mexico with the influx of largely catholic immigrants from the south.

Red american will be run, managed and owned by team global and diversity in 30 years time. The new administration will be working hard on this front. Remote working for everyone, new bonds with China, who'll come and buy up the heartlands over the next thirty years and the rest will be left in the hands of democratic elite clans/corporations who'll buy up states like Idaho and Montana as their play-pads.

anyway, i really just wanted to post this video but as i read through the thread, had to chime in on a few comments. @Knight.of.Logos you should honestly stick to an 8-10 hour drive radius from your hometown. don't underestimate how important it is to be close to family, even extended family.
Thank you for posting this.

My family lives in NJ but since my parents are retiring, they want to move South. I have a brother who lives in the Ozarks. I'm thinking about Eastern Tennessee, Western North Carolina, or maybe even the Ozarks as well. I really like NH but it's far from family, and since I want to garden (possibly even try to grow that and sell organic veggies at markets/grocery stores), I think down South might be a better option. Just have to narrow down the right area/state.

Once a state’s major cities and capital go blue, so does the whole state in most cases, with TX being the only exception. That’s why right wing folks should pick a certain amount of states and concentrate there. I.e. Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, maybe New Hampshire, Maine, etc if they can be flipped. As well as others.

And FYI Boise and its county actually saw a significant increase in republican voters from the last election. People could make it a republican/right wing stronghold and start a succession movement if they were inclined. The time to make sure we have a piece of land carved out from when this entire country goes tits up is now. Otherwise, people will have no place to go. Good luck trying to escape in some rural area in a blue state when the Democrat governor decides to bus in Muslims and Somalis to your little farm town lol.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker

The homelessness is pretty bad. I don't know when the last time you were downtown.
I wouldn't call it a shithole though. The future though is not great because of all the tech and hollywood people moving in.
The main reason I'd avoid Austin is it's not that interesting of a city. An over hyped place. I put Denver and Nashville in those categories as well of overhyped and not so interesting cities.

Plus many of us are not necessarily looking to be inside the city anyway, but want to be nearby (for things to do, access to the airport, etc). So when I say Dallas I'm thinking about the entire Dallas-Fort Worth metro area.

Yeah, the city of Dallas doesn't really matter, there are dozens of great cities in the metro that offer a high quality of life.

I've never been to Oklahoma, but people interested in Texas might want to check out OKC and Tulsa. Oklahoma seems similar to Texas but even more Republican. Latte liberal Californians are more likely to avoid it too.

Tulsa is also close to the Ozarks.

Tulsa has a lot of racial tension.
I like it, it has potential, but you can feel it there. And the homelessness problem.
It's very high crime.

Oklahoma isn't better than Texas in any respect.

Fort Worth is the best city in Texas.
My reasons for picking cities have nothing to do with politics by the way.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Once a state’s major cities and capital go blue, so does the whole state in most cases, with TX being the only exception. That’s why right wing folks should pick a certain amount of states and concentrate there. I.e. Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, maybe New Hampshire, Maine, etc if they can be flipped. As well as others.

And FYI Boise and its county actually saw a significant increase in republican voters from the last election. People could make it a republican/right wing stronghold and start a succession movement if they were inclined. The time to make sure we have a piece of land carved out from when this entire country goes tits up is now. Otherwise, people will have no place to go. Good luck trying to escape in some rural area in a blue state when the Democrat governor decides to bus in Muslims and Somalis to your little farm town lol.

Pick a city (and state) because you like it and you vibe well.
Don't pick a city based on voting patterns lol.
You have to live there.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
I would not have recommended Texas prior to the 2020 elections as it appeared we were drifting a lot further blue, but the Democrats managed to register 1.8 million new voters since 2016 here and they still got BTFO. And a lot of the people here who voted blue are not liberal by any means, they just hate Trump's demeanor.

Texas suburbs may fit your list pretty well. You won't get libertarian values in any city, but many of the suburbs are very right-leaning (relatively). If you want an actual city, Ft. Worth and Houston are about as right wing as any city can possibly be. People forget about Fort Worth because it is overshadowed by Dallas, but it is still almost a top 10 American city, by size. Houston is Democrat, but way less Democrat than Dallas or Austin. I would not recommend Houston because it is a shithole, but north of Houston there are some very nice communities like the Woodlands and Conroe. Dallas' northern suburbs are booming and have boomed for a while, but the southern suburbs are probably about to get an influx of white flight in the next decade when people discover them. You may find the real estate prices around certain cities to be a bit more expensive than your desired range, but it's largely specific to whatever suburb you look at. DFW has about as international of an airport as you can get. All of the cities supported covid lockdowns (although I am not sure about Ft. Worth's response).

And then there's Austin. Austin is definitely the nicest Texas metro and is where all of the SF and NYC people are moving.

If you watched Roosh's Babylon Road series, you can see some basics of the Texas metros too, but from what I remember, he rated San Antonio way higher than I would have, and he apparently had a worse experience in Austin than I ever have had, despite living there for a while recently. None of the metros are naturally beautiful with the possible exception of Austin's Westlake Hills area, but even that isn't as nice as many other American locations. Houston is straight up ugly and Dallas has nothing.

For dating, I do not know if you are Christian or not, but Texas actually does have dateable Christian girls unlike many other cities apparently. Austin is the most heathen place in Texas but it is still probably better than any west coast city. My metro ranking would probably go: Austin, DFW, Houston, San Antonio

Every city in Texas is different, it's difficult to generalize. Your list leaves out Fort Worth, which might as well be a different country than Dallas. DFW is a Metro not a city. Also, the fastest growing cities are in DFW -- Frisco and McKinney in particular, but also Fort Worth.
Austin is all the failed people from Brooklyn and LA basically. It does not have a Texas vibe as far as I'm concerned.

Douglas Quaid

Kingfisher
I agree about Denver being overhyped. Too many homeless, leftists, people changing its original identity, shitty traffic that makes the mountains seem farther away, ugly buildings being built. It's kind of like if you stuck Seattle close to the Rockies.

I love Colorado, however. Colorado Springs is not perfect, but it's nice and a lot better (cheaper, conservative, less crowded) than Denver. The proximity to mountains is a lot better too.

Last edited:

nathan

Robin
The homelessness is pretty bad. I don't know when the last time you were downtown.
I wouldn't call it a shithole though. The future though is not great because of all the tech and hollywood people moving in.
The main reason I'd avoid Austin is it's not that interesting of a city. An over hyped place. I put Denver and Nashville in those categories as well of overhyped and not so interesting cities.

Yeah, the city of Dallas doesn't really matter, there are dozens of great cities in the metro that offer a high quality of life.

Tulsa has a lot of racial tension.
I like it, it has potential, but you can feel it there. And the homelessness problem.
It's very high crime.

Oklahoma isn't better than Texas in any respect.

Fort Worth is the best city in Texas.
My reasons for picking cities have nothing to do with politics by the way.

In downtown ATX right now my man. Having lived in Houston, Dallas, and Austin, I gotta say Austin is the nicest. I would have agreed that the future is not great, but the TX Dems went all in with 1.8 million new registered voters in the past 4 years (and let's face it, Trump's personality is not a good fit for Texans) and still soundly lost, so I am thinking Texas is fairly safe still. And as long as we've got Republicans running the state, ATX will never be that bad.

I agree that there are a ton of communities in the DFW metro that are solid. Dallas itself not so much.

It has been a while since I visited Tulsa but I do remember some homeless.

Ft. Worth is pretty great.