Good states to live in the United States

Keep in mind that as California loses its mind, the exodus will ramp up. I remember people in Bend, OR talking about this. In small cities, it doesn't take much to tip the scales into mini Cali. This is what turned me off of Boise. Perhaps I was looking for it, but many of the young families I met had moved from Cali, and were quick to tell me that, "We aren't like the other Californians". Yet there they all were, hanging out together, overpaying on real estate, and telling everyone who would listen that they "aren't like other Californians". But that rot seems so deep, that I bet they still can't help but vote progressive on all things.

Exactly. They californicate everything they touch. A buddy of mine moved away from Boise about two years ago, fed up with it. He suggested that the only way to keep a state conservative is to make it completely inhospitable to those who will change it. Apparently in Boise some people were destroying any cars that they saw Cali plates on, but even that wasn't keeping them out.

^ That worries me a little. I'm from a blue state and most likely plan on relocating to Idaho at some point. Is there any way to avoid that other than trying to change your plates immediately, maybe perhaps a Trump 2020 bumper sticker or something? But then I'd kind of worry about the few antifa/libtard dipshits or illegals in town that might also try to destroy my car for that.

As I said though, the Antifa protesters were outnumbered in Boise by counter-protesters, so it's still a good conservative area apparently. I'd bet most of the people fleeing their states aren't retarded liberals, as I'm one of them. More conservatives should relocate there and keep it red, otherwise the whole state will become pozzed.

Idaho looks amazing. I love the mountains... they have militias, very red state, nice people, Christian... yet the mass movement there makes me a bit dissuaded. Montana is close enough and is a huge state without many inhabitants. For that reason, if I move to that part of the country, I am thinking Montana (or Wyoming).

Need to create a community. I've talked about my farmstead plans here, bringing others out there, hopefully a few from the start and then more once I can show them the property up and working even in a rough state. I've started reaching out to others on the internet, too. I'm not brave enough to dox myself here, but at a certain point a kind of "intentional community", but more realistic, can be made with committed people you don't exactly know but who you met on the internet and seem to share values.
Whenever I move somewhere to grow my roots, I want to focus on establishing myself with a local church and whatever other kind of local things (school meetings, etc.) I can. Looking to meet other people online can be great, but should be secondary to meeting people in person. And, like you said, it is smart to take caution. (e.g. only share the state one is in and then PM other people more details if they aren't a new member, etc.).

I've been to Colorado and found it beautiful, but I am not sure if I will run into many of the same problems as NJ in Colorado.

Colorado has rapidly declined.

It also hasn't, at least not yet, attracted the Boulder, CO crowd that move in and liberalize the shit out of the place.

I'm a 34 year old Colorado native. Born and raised in Denver, Colorado. I have lived here all my life. I did my undergrad from the University of Colorado at Boulder back in 2008. I am now going to begin my masters degree (STEM field) at University of Colorado at Boulder beginning next month; and will graduate in May 2022. Hence my username of CU-Boulder Buff.

Boulder is very, very white. Yes, it is liberal but not the NY or California liberal type. It is more subdued. Denver is where you will get the liberal freaks.

@Knight.of.Logos I have been to NJ and Colorado is nothing like NY/NJ. There are transplants from everywhere but mainly from California and Texas; not really the east coast.

@Easy_C Colorado was at its peak between 2004 to 2010. Decline since 2010.

@username What I like about Boulder is that it has a 'European-feel' to it; which is rare for a city in the western half of the United States. I am refering to Pearl Street Mall area. It is super expensive here; more so than even Denver. I can't afford to live in Boulder proper, so am living in an adjoining city (Superior).

LoveBug

Kingfisher
I’m not sure it’s about states anymore, as all states seem to have some bad spots. On the other hand, even a state like my birth state of California there are some white conservative holdouts. I’d probably just move to one of those holdouts if I wanted to stay in the US

kel

Ostrich
Boulder is very, very white. Yes, it is liberal but not the NY or California liberal type. It is more subdued. Denver is where you will get the liberal freaks.

Middle of Denver to middle of Boulder is a 32 minute drive according to the evil maps, seems like they'd be more like two sub-parts of one mostly contiguous metropolitan area rather than two different cities per se.

Middle of Denver to middle of Boulder is a 32 minute drive according to the evil maps, seems like they'd be more like two sub-parts of one mostly contiguous metropolitan area rather than two different cities per se.

Boulder is part of the overall Denver metro area but not a suburb; they are quite different (culturally). Being liberal and both being in the state of Colorado are the only two commonalities. Boulder is 75% safer (crime) than Denver and has a Buddhist/hippy past. Typical American college town. The liberals in Boulder are nowhere near as radical as those in Berkeley (maybe Austin, TX too). The affluent areas and rich of Denver are similar to the ones in Boulder.

You could say Denver and the suburbs (Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, Highlands Ranch, Littleton etc) are one contiguous metro area. Denver is heading toward Seattle/San Francisco terriority in terms of liberal freaks and their behavior.

Boulder and near by cities: Superior-Westminister-Longmont is basically the same thing. If you're into white-american women, quite a few hotties in both Denver/Boulder, but not marriage material. I have never met one lol. Small town Colorado or somewhere in the mountains (Telluride, Breckenridge, Vail, etc ) may have have marriage-oriented women. I have not spent too much time in Fort Collins or Colorado Springs but those may also have decent women for long-term relationships.

Many transplants like Colorado, not only for the lifestyle, good economy, mountains, etc; but because it is one of the least anti-white states. Black Lives Matters is here but its just in one area of Denver (near the capitol building in downtown). Otherwise you do not see too much anti-white sentiment among minorities compared to many other parts of the US.

Last edited:
Not California, I currently live there. Way to PC, expensive, and liberal.

I am thinking of AZ, cheaper, better quality of living, red state, and gun friendly. It has mountains near Flagstaff that are cool in the summer, a desert floor that is warm winter. Great year round free camping and shooting with lots of BLM land. Not that BLM, the good one. Beautiful if you like the desert. Off roading is incredible. Boating and fishing on the Colorado River and mountain lakes. I bet the big cities are a shit hole.

And great Mexican food.

Also on my list is Texas.

BLM Bureau of land management. Set up back in the old days so you could mine and prospect during down times or just to go your own way. It's your land and has free and cheap long term camping. Nevada has lots of it. Many people camp for free during winter and head back home summer. Or just live a nomadic life year round. Cheap living in nature. Pretty cool actually.

Matianus

Sparrow
Where you live does not matter if you keep your faith. Running -- moving from place to place -- does nothing. In fact, it is a never-ending race to the bottom. The evil one takes pleasure in creating rootlessness and falsely promising happiness somewhere else. Instead, through the grace of God, anyone can be content with where they live now and ideally where they are from.

Hate to break it to everyone but places like Idaho, Wyoming, Dakotas, etc are ripe to be Californicated in the near future.

California population = 40 million

Idaho = 1.7 million

Wyoming = 575k

South Dakota= 885k

It will take nothing more than a slight cough of Californians to turn Wyoming into a hardcore blue state; especially the way Colorado is going already. Let's not forget invaders from places like New York as well. NYC metro = 20 million and it safe to say 75% plus were Hillary voters in 2016. So, 15 MILLION potential invaders from just one metro area alone.

Eastern half USA red states:

West Virginia = 1.7 million

Tennessee = 6.8 million

Simply put: Nearly NO desirable red state will survive due to low native populations unless separation occurs and people from libtard states can be denied entry. Red states can't make things inhospitable enough because the federal courts) will ultimately strike down any inhospitable laws. Idaho and Montana for instance are both in the 9th Circuit; same as California. Finally, COVID, city chaos, and more openness to remote work by corporations (especially big tech companies) is creating the prefect storm for a FLOOD of blue team invaders into desirable red states and 2nd/3rd tier red towns.

If staying in a deep red state long-term is the objective, non-city Tennessee is probably as good as it gets despite Nashville booming with invaders. It's gonna take a sizable amount of blue invaders to swing the state politics. If you don't care about being in a red state and just want a red area/city/town/county, Colorado Springs (big military town) could be really good as long as you can find a woman elsewhere.

Ultimately, separation and/or new states lines (East Oregon and Idaho = Greater Idaho for example) will have to occur to preserve red state majorities.

Last edited:

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
If staying in a deep red state long-term is the objective, non-city Tennessee is probably as good as it gets despite Nashville booming with invaders. It's gonna take a sizable amount of blue invaders to swing the state politics. If you don't care about being in a red state and just want a red area/city/town/county, Colorado Springs (big military town) could be really good as long as you can find a woman elsewhere.

This is why it's important to look beyond raw statistics.

The South has "bad" demographics -- but it's had bad demographics for 150 years, and it's still one of the most conservative regions in the country. Because the whites there are much more set in their ways, and have some sense of culture outside of generic melting-pot Americana.

In short, the South is not perfect, but you at least know what you're getting. And there's still a level of fight and rebelliousness among the whites there. Because they've been dealing with all of these same problems for so long already.

ArizonaGuy

Pigeon
Colorado has rapidly declined.
Agreed. Denver and Boulder politics went to heck due to the pot-heads and Liberalists; we were there and watched it. The rest of the state is rural and very farm-able. North of Ft. Collins is mountainous and also beautiful; we held land up there.

One thing the original poster will need to do is spend time researching the availability of water over the next 20+ years. One of my friends uprooted his family from the Pacific Northwest because he saw what was coming water-wise. It's always about water.

palsofchaos

Sparrow
Hate to break it to everyone but places like Idaho, Wyoming, Dakotas, etc are ripe to be Californicated in the near future.

California population = 40 million

Idaho = 1.7 million

Wyoming = 575k

South Dakota= 885k

It will take nothing more than a slight cough of Californians to turn Wyoming into a hardcore blue state; especially the way Colorado is going already. Let's not forget invaders from places like New York as well. NYC metro = 20 million and it safe to say 75% plus were Hillary voters in 2016. So, 15 MILLION potential invaders from just one metro area alone.

Eastern half USA red states:

West Virginia = 1.7 million

Tennessee = 6.8 million

Simply put: Nearly NO desirable red state will survive due to low native populations unless separation occurs and people from libtard states can be denied entry. Red states can't make things inhospitable enough because the federal courts) will ultimately strike down any inhospitable laws. Idaho and Montana for instance are both in the 9th Circuit; same as California. Finally, COVID, city chaos, and more openness to remote work by corporations (especially big tech companies) is creating the prefect storm for a FLOOD of blue team invaders into desirable red states and 2nd/3rd tier red towns.

Ultimately, separation and/or new states lines (East Oregon and Idaho = Greater Idaho for example) will have to occur to preserve red state majorities.

Sadly I think this is likely to be the case. The danger isn’t so much individual families moving to these places. The real danger is when corporations start doing it. Native South Dakotans, for example, are having a lot of children. You see pregnant women here all the time. The native South Dakotans have a great birth rate.

However...

Cities such as Sioux Falls and rapid city are dramatically improving their infrastructure. This includes 5g. They are becoming attractive places for businesses are corporations to set up shop. If corporations start moving here, the landscape of the place will change dramatically.

Another problem that makes these red states massive targets are the good tax laws and cheap cost of living. Everyone wants to pay less in taxes, even progressive revolutionaries. The amount of people I’ve met here who came from other states is staggering.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Rapid City is a great town. Spent the night there a few years back when I was moving cross-country.

I read somewhere recently that a survey shows people moving from California to Idaho (those two states specifically) are actually majority Republican. I don't know how accurate that is and it may be wishful thinking but I do think people who move from blue states to red states are at least disproportionately likely to be conservatives (which of course is not the same thing as being majority conservative).

redbeard

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Rapid City is a great town. Spent the night there a few years back when I was moving cross-country.

I read somewhere recently that a survey shows people moving from California to Idaho (those two states specifically) are actually majority Republican. I don't know how accurate that is and it may be wishful thinking but I do think people who move from blue states to red states are at least disproportionately likely to be conservatives (which of course is not the same thing as being majority conservative).
I understand the migration of Californians to other liberal-leaning cities. Austin, Washington D.C., Denver, Salt Lake City, etc. It makes sense. The COL is lower, it's an exciting adventure, and it's still a city, so they know how to survive.

However I think you're right in that young, single liberals would NOT move to a conservative, rural town, mostly because of dating and hooking up. How do you think the Tinder scene is in a small town of 50,000? How are there nightclubs in the dustbowl of central Kansas?

On top of that you've got to factor in the job market. Do you think Californians can find work in the middle of Montana? Probably not.

The counterpoint is that if remote work blows up like people think it will, then they can move wherever. True. But this also means that we can move wherever, and establish more homogeneous towns. Everyone will migrate to the place where they best fit in.

Because of this I think rural towns within conservative states will survive. As long as they restrict foreign immigration and keep the corporations out, there's not much to worry about.