Church Greek Orthodox Church

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Something is going on with the Greek Orthodox Church.

1. Australian diocese purchased $6.5 million home for archbishop.
2. Metropolitan in Paris lives with his gay lover and has orgies.
3. Archbishop in America participated in BLM protest.

photo_2020-06-20_14-15-48.jpg

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
I am very concerned about quite a few things I've noticed around the various dioceses, here and abroad. Sadly, the GOA has stood out, as you point out --- but apparently the diaspora is on a similar wavelength, at least here or there.

Matianus

Sparrow
GOA has a page on their website entitled "Resource Center On Racial Reconciliation." Link

On the website, Archbishop Elpidophoros of America says "We will continue to stand in the breach together with all those who are committed to preserving peace, justice, and equality for every citizen of goodwill, regardless of their race, religion, gender or ethnic origin." They also have videos entitled "How To Explain Racism To Our Children" and "Hard Promise - What a little blonde girl taught a black man about race."

I think this speaks for itself...

Last edited:
When Constantine legalized Christianity in the 4th century, the Church became so corrupt that people fled to the desert to escape the bad spiritual environment. In the middle ages we had Patriarchs buying their positions from their Muslim overlords. Just last century the commies sized control of the Russian Church and an EP publicly communed Roman Catholics and Protestants while working for the OSS.

With God's help, we'll survive the current crises.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
GOARCH "lost" about $10-$15 million that was supposed to go to the rebuilding of St. Nicholas Shrine, which got destroyed on 9/11. The theory that makes the most sense to me is that our DOJ agreed to look the other way in exchange for certain favors, including the splitting of the Ukrainian Church and, possibly, total clown subversion in the United States as well.

Matianus

Sparrow
From "TO BE BLACK AND ORTHODOX: PART OF MY STORY":

"Being an Orthodox Christian, I see myself as transcending America’s ignorant defining wall of race and embracing the ancient sense of being both black and Christian."

"How is it possible to maintain a strong black identity in this white church? As I have written in a previous article, the Orthodox Church is the white church that is not. Much of its spirituality comes from the teachings of the Desert Fathers of the Nile Valley."

"Being Orthodox, I am opposing the American Protestantism which ignores the history and wisdom of the African saints."

"Just as Malcolm X urged black Americans to look beyond the struggle of national Civil Rights and bring our struggles into the realm of worldwide human rights, I have brought my faith to the older and broader Church. I pray my friend will see this and, in God’s time and way, come home to Orthodoxy. I pray others will do likewise."

John R. Gresham, Jr. conflates the "African" desert fathers with African-Americans. According to modern geography, Egypt and Sinai may be on the continent of Africa but in reality it is an extension of the Levant. I don't think anyone would truly call the desert fathers "black." He also suggests that being Orthodox is in line with the tenants of social and racial justice. Talk about promoting your own agenda.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Something is going on with the Greek Orthodox Church.

1. Australian diocese purchased $6.5 million home for archbishop.
2. Metropolitan in Paris lives with his gay lover and has orgies.
3. Archbishop in America participated in BLM protest.

View attachment 23550
4. Archbishop Elpidophoros tried to cave in to people who wrongly believe disease can be transmitted through the Eucharist by permitting the use of multiple spoons. On the bright side of this one, every single one of his diocesan bishops said they would not do that.

Joseph-Schumpeter

Pigeon
Orthodox Catechumen
Yikes.. Well, on the bright side, I just watched this relevant, based vid from Father Josiah Trenham

Wonderful to see this priest standing up to trends we seem to be seeing with the GOC..
Really, just wonderful to see men stand up for the ancient faith.

From the prot perspective, it's sort of like Methodist or something vs. a small conservative values church.. Personally, I just can't get down with really any of the prot takes anymore.

I'm really glad to be able to read this forum and catch up on some of this stuff. I stay off twitter and appreciate all you guys who aggregate this kind of information and share it.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
This is such an informative interview to watch especially on topics related to Christian persecution, face mask & COVID.

Video description
In this third part of our four-part discussion (3/4) with Archimandrite Savas Agioreitis, which took place on May 8th, we discuss a wide-range of matters pertaining to how we must live in a spiritual manner in face of the current persecution of Faith in Christ and His Church.
- - - -
00:00:34 - Question 1: How will we live and survive this current situation?
00:01:14 - Answer 1: This crisis is pre-designed and we are under persecution
00:02:59 - A matter of faith, a dogmatic issue
00:04:07 - Question: Some say we are to bow before an icon, not kiss it.
00:05:30 - When we love God we also love our neighbor
00:07:00 - The Priest is "a type and in the place of Christ"
00:08:23 - St. Symeon the New Theologian: "Everything is expelled by Thy Light, o Christ"
00:09:20 - An Incident in Our Days from Romania which teaches us
00:10:37 - [WHO Disgraced; march for global government]
00:12:46 - Our Story in Romania: Communion Kills Virus-
00:14:49 - No need to change, for God Himself 'oikonomizes'
00:15:49 - "Life will never be the same"? "No going back"?
00:16:24 - Ecclesiastical Leadership Follows Rulers of This World
00:17:02 - What is said during the Consecration of the Temple
00:17:54 - Locked in, and out, of the Sheepfold!
00:19:37 - The Hierarch implores for the Temple to become "a refuge for patients"
00:20:06 - Dogma and Ethos are inseparable; lose one, lost the other
00:22:21 - The Temple: "an infirmary of passions, shelter of patients, expeller of demons."
00:23:53 - First and Foremost: Become Firm in the Faith
00:27:10 - Two abominations with regard to the Faith have led us here
00:28:50 - Three are the greatest sins of modern Greeks
00:30:45 - Spiritual Fathers without the Spirit
00:32:13 - Rational Sheep must judge with righteous judgement
- - - -

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Archbishop Elpidophoros will be speaking at the Democratic National Convention. Article from Orthochristian.com

“The benediction will be offered on Tuesday by Bishop Mariann Budde of the Episcopal Church, who made news recently when she criticized President Donald Trump for holding up a Bible for a photo op at St. John’s Episcopal Church, across from the White House, on June 1.

Other religious leaders scheduled to speak include: Rev. Gabriel Salguero of the National Latino Evangelical Coalition; Jerry Young of the Mississippi-based New Hope Baptist Church; Rabbi Lauren Berkun, vice president of the Shalom Hartman Institute of North America; Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of the advocacy group NETWORK Lobby for Catholic Social Justice; Rev. James Martin, a Jesuit priest and editor at large of the Jesuit magazine America; and Imam Al-Hajj Talib ’Abdur-Rashid, a Muslim social justice activist who leads the New York-based Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood.

The Democratic Party has also planned an interfaith service for Sunday.”

Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Father Seraphim Rose sums up my thoughts on this pretty well.

kel

Ostrich
Orthodox believers need to start making noise about this ASAP. Look how other churches slid into degeneracy and redditry. Stand up right now. I don't know what the "process" is to get rid of a turbulent priest in orthodoxy, if any, but you need to be doing that right now. Frankly, you need to just defrock these skin walkers and cast them out. I know that's a glib thing to say from someone uninvolved in the church and unaware of how these things work, but at a certain point the lay people need to just make a stand.

john_Jea

Sparrow
The laity as a whole rejected the Council of Florence which was supported by virtually the entire Orthodox Church except for Saint Mark of Ephesus.

Did not The Orthodox Church only except the terms of the Latin do to the weakened Constantinople in need of military aid? I know the Latins refused to take communion from the Greeks and vise versa, but the Ottoman takeover of Constantinople put an end to the union rather than the opinion of the laity... right?

Feel free to correct me on this, not to sure on the facts.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Conservative Orthodox have already been avoiding the Greek Church for years. If you're a Western laymen, it's probably a better idea to simply switch jurisdictions (Russian, Serbian, Romanian, etc.) than to think you're going to fix it. Even Fr. Spyridon Bailey recently joined ROCOR because of issues in the Ecumenical Patriarchate.

Ultimately, it'll have to be the Greeks who deal with it. Other jurisdictions don't have the ability to remove Greek priests, but they can ostracize them until they get it together.

Lou212

Chicken
Orthodox
Archbishop Elpidophoros blocked me on Twitter for criticizing his suggestion of multiple spoons for Holy Communion. Apparently, he blocks anybody who critiques any of his questionable decisions on social media.

As disappointing as this is, it’s really not surprising, especially considering he attended a BLM protest.

Conservative Orthodox have already been avoiding the Greek Church for years. If you're a Western laymen, it's probably a better idea to simply switch jurisdictions (Russian, Serbian, Romanian, etc.) than to think you're going to fix it. Even Fr. Spyridon Bailey recently joined ROCOR because of issues in the Ecumenical Patriarchate.

That's how the Episcopal church disappeared. In the mid-twentieth century, 16 in 100 Americans were Episcopalian. But then their hierarchy went full SJW retard, and the laypeople steadily left for greener pastures until the Episcopal Church dwindled to a small fraction of the population.