Guidelines for the Orthodox subforum

thatWay

Pigeon
Orthodox
Im wondering if a large portion of the Orthodx are still chickens who joined from the Orthodox discord - making it difficult to create a question about something you want to know about.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
I added the use of Prefixes for this subforum. When you create a thread, you will be asked to select one. The prefixes will be clickable in the thread listing so you can find topics you're interested in.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
How to conduct discussions involving active Eastern Orthodox clergy
  • Use caution to not turn this subforum into a gossip corner where we critique and nitpick, even if we have valid concerns.
  • Be very thoughtful before posting any critique on active clergy. Remember that this forum is public.
  • Do not share any private knowledge or unsourced suspicions that a priest has done something incorrect or non-Orthodox, whereby his reputation would be hurt (i.e. gossip).
  • Do not share private communications without explicit consent.
  • Do not read into the potential motivations of a priest to try and understand his actions (i.e. mind-read).
  • You may comment on public actions and statements on a priest, but from a position of understanding and compassion. Don't be quick to attack out of anger.
  • Do not call a priest a "heretic" or "ecumenist" unless a label has been given to him by an ordained member of the Church. Only use adjectives that refer to specific behaviors (e.g. "Concelebrating with the Anglican priest was an ecumenical gesture.")
Satan will strong tempt us to attack active clergy for issues small and large. It's okay to disagree with opinions and actions of clergy, but be respectful and delicate when doing so.

Last edited:

Basilus of Moro

Sparrow
Orthodox
I wanted to share some guidelines for discussions concerning active Orthodox clergy (i.e. clergy in the Eastern Orthodox Church).

-We have to use caution to not turn this subforum into a gossip corner where we critique and nitpick, even if we have valid concerns.
-Be very thoughtful before posting any critique on active clergy. Remember that this forum is public.
-Do not share any private knowledge or unsourced suspicions that a priest has done something incorrect or non-Orthodox, whereby his reputation would be hurt (i.e. gossip).
-Do not read into the potential motivations of a priest to try and understand his actions (i.e. mind-read).
-You may comment on public actions and statements on a priest, but from a position of understanding and compassion. Don't be quick to attack out of anger.
-Do not call a priest a "heretic" or "ecumenist" unless that label have been given to him by an ordained member of the Church. Only use adjectives that refer to specific behaviors (e.g. "Concelebrating with the Anglican priest was an ecumenical gesture.")

As this subforum grows, there will be a strong temptation to break these guidelines. It's okay to disagree with opinions and actions of clergy, but be respectful and delicate when doing so.
If I have not been delicate, or if I was brash on that topic, forgive me, brothers. These things are difficult to discuss without falling into errors on the right, or supercorrectness, as Fr. Seraphim Rose said.