Happy Thanksgiving!

EntWife

Robin
Woman
Happy Thanksgiving to all the American ladies on the forum! Of course, anyone else who wants to eat a turkey in a thankful manner is welcome to join the fun.

This year, I'm starting my holiday early. I'm sitting here with my feet propped up, drinking sweet iced tea, doing a whole lot of nothing. My mom always does Thanksgiving dinner so I don't have to worry about that. I'm not going to do anything but dishes and minimal laundry until at least 4 pm Friday.

Who's with me?

EndlessGravity

Pelican
Protestant
Confession: I pulled out the bottle of whiskey today. Haven't had any yet but looking forward to a regular human day of family, firewater, and feasting.

My wife is already in the kitchen as we speak. Things are bubbling and cooking. We drove around looking at Christmas lights a bit earlier tonight. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

EntWife

Robin
Woman
Confession: I pulled out the bottle of whiskey today. Haven't had any yet but looking forward to a regular human day of family, firewater, and feasting.

My wife is already in the kitchen as we speak. Things are bubbling and cooking. We drove around looking at Christmas lights a bit earlier tonight. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
"regular human day of family, firewater, and feasting"

Exactly! We're not following whatever dumb recommendations the CDC came out with on how to ruin Thanksgiving. I couldn't be bothered even to finish reading them. Who comes up with that kind of garbage?

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
Happy Thanksgiving!

We'll be having Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday at my dad's house, as that's the only day everyone can make it. The kicker is that my dad is a religious vegetarian, so dinner will be strictly vegetarian. Last year my stepmom actually bought a TOFURKY. I dunno, I like tofu just fine in the right context, but THAT stuff was nasty. We're doing a potluck dinner this year. So far I'm planning to make roasted vegetables, and then a bunch of little single-serving cheesecakes and apple pies. I spent a lot of years making entire traditional Thanksgiving dinners for 8-12 people pretty much on my own, so this year feels pretty easy. I am thankful.

To compensate for vegetarian-weekend-Thanksgiving I'm slow-roasting a huge brisket tomorrow. We already went and got a Christmas tree on Monday, so our house feels nice and festive. I'm digging it.

Entugk-VgAA8IBu

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
I didn't tell tge folks on the non-lady part of the forum yet, they might make fun of me. I recently got married and she had a little baby son.

Ladies, this is living over here!

This is our first big holiday. This is the reason i built the fireplace. Got the wife in there cooking. I dint eat turkeys but caught a massive black marlin in lieu of one. We got relatives to stop by but not make a superspreader event out of it.

I really hope all of you have a happy and healthy one too.

Aloha!

EntWife

Robin
Woman
I didn't tell tge folks on the non-lady part of the forum yet, they might make fun of me. I recently got married and she had a little baby son.

This is our first big holiday. This is the reason i built the fireplace. Got the wife in there cooking. I dint eat turkeys but caught a massive black marlin in lieu of one. We got relatives to stop by but not make a superspreader event out of it.

Aloha!
That's so wonderful! Congratulations!

EntWife

Robin
Woman
Happy Thanksgiving!

We'll be having Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday at my dad's house, as that's the only day everyone can make it. The kicker is that my dad is a religious vegetarian, so dinner will be strictly vegetarian. Last year my stepmom actually bought a TOFURKY. I dunno, I like tofu just fine in the right context, but THAT stuff was nasty. We're doing a potluck dinner this year. So far I'm planning to make roasted vegetables, and then a bunch of little single-serving cheesecakes and apple pies. I spent a lot of years making entire traditional Thanksgiving dinners for 8-12 people pretty much on my own, so this year feels pretty easy. I am thankful.

To compensate for vegetarian-weekend-Thanksgiving I'm slow-roasting a huge brisket tomorrow. We already went and got a Christmas tree on Monday, so our house feels nice and festive. I'm digging it.

Entugk-VgAA8IBu
Love it! This year, maybe I'll get a tree that already has lights on it.

You know, turkey actually isn't my favorite. Back when we lived elsewhere and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner, I cooked stuff like colcannon (vegetarian, your dad would like) or Cornish hens. One year, I cooked duck, but didn't like it. Maybe I just didn't do it right.

Thomas More

Hummingbird

Aloha!
Kona! This is big news!

God bless your new family!

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
Happy Thanksgiving to all the American ladies on the forum! Of course, anyone else who wants to eat a turkey in a thankful manner is welcome to join the fun.

This year, I'm starting my holiday early. I'm sitting here with my feet propped up, drinking sweet iced tea, doing a whole lot of nothing. My mom always does Thanksgiving dinner so I don't have to worry about that. I'm not going to do anything but dishes and minimal laundry until at least 4 pm Friday.

Who's with me?
Thanks! You too! We bought all our ingredients today. Tomorrow's going to be simple; no extended family. Not because we care a whit for governor restrictions; it just worked out that way.

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
Awwww, yeah! Congrats! I've been rooting for most of you guys to get married and bring up some babbies for years!

Love it! This year, maybe I'll get a tree that already has lights on it.

You know, turkey actually isn't my favorite. Back when we lived elsewhere and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner, I cooked stuff like colcannon (vegetarian, your dad would like) or Cornish hens. One year, I cooked duck, but didn't like it. Maybe I just didn't do it right.
I've been tempted to get a pre-lit tree, but I can't bring myself to part with the real ones because they smell so nice. This year I just made the kids put the lights on.

I actually don't like turkey much at all. They're like big, unwieldy, less-tasty chickens. The last time I did anything resembling a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I did two roasted chickens instead. I felt pretty good about that.

Jessie

Sparrow
Woman
Protestant

Aloha!

Happy news! Congrats to you!

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
I talked to my stepmom on the phone today. Apparently she had contact with someone who had contact with someone who "tested positive" for COVID, and she was all worried about it and wondering if we should call off our Thanksgiving dinner plans. I guess she went and got tested and is waiting for the result, which she likely won't have before the weekend.

It's interesting because she UNDERSTANDS that the actual statistics don't support the hysteria -- but she's still so easily controlled and brought in line through her emotional responses. I had to reassure her and remind her that "asymptomatic spread" is a bunch of silliness.

I don't care. My husband doesn't care. The kids don't care. My typically fairly liberal/progressive older brother doesn't care. The elderly immune-compromised couple who invited her over for dinner today don't even care.

Slowly but surely, they're all turning. I'm still working on my younger brother. He and his girlfriend (also our housemates, btw) are both very much of the recent-college-grad-millennial mindset. Very sucked into modern media and entertainment. Very "BELIEVE SCIENCE." He does understand the scientific method, though, and is beginning to see the shift if the "scientific community" away from critical thought and toward faith in installed authority.

We'll see if they raise a stink about it. I mean, WE'LL still be going out for dinner on Saturday, so they might as well too, since we share a house!

Governor can bite me. :blush:

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Happy day after! We had family over and cooked a big meal. We are notorious for preferring a hot dog roast over a crackling fire with chips and Coke, so having a big spread was .....exhausting! Back to hot dogs at Christmas or maybe grilled steaks.

EntWife

Robin
Woman
Happy day after! We had family over and cooked a big meal. We are notorious for preferring a hot dog roast over a crackling fire with chips and Coke, so having a big spread was .....exhausting! Back to hot dogs at Christmas or maybe grilled steaks.
I've thought of recommending a Thanksgiving weinie roast. The kids would love it, and it would be a lot less work for my mom. I don't think my parents and at least one of my brothers would go for it though.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
I've thought of recommending a Thanksgiving weinie roast. The kids would love it, and it would be a lot less work for my mom. I don't think my parents and at least one of my brothers would go for it though.

Eating out at a small local restaurant one year was our gateway drug. That quickly morphed into the hotdog roast tradition.

EntWife

Robin
Woman
Eating out at a small local restaurant one year was our gateway drug. That quickly morphed into the hotdog roast tradition.
That's great. Of course, it may be a little chilly on Thanksgiving, so we could finish up with steaming cups of hot cocoa. :) I don't think my family is going to agree with me though.