Have any of you given up on women?

I’d caution Catholics from looking for wives in Latin America. Yes you can find them here. Plenty of Catholic women. But damaged.

I would say all 7+ girls I’ve met here are damaged goods psychologically. Maybe 50/50 for the 6s. And that’s probably just because they were on their best behavior for me as I’m a 7.5 or so.

Even the virgins I’ve met are screwed up from terrible experiences. They’d need massive therapy and hand holding to recover. Even then you’d be dealing with too many other problems like propensity for obesity and marrying into a bad culture/society.

In all my time here in Mexico I’ve not met any girls that I found to be marriage material. There is a fundamental lack of respect, manners, appreciation, etc for men and the effort we put in.

My experience is probably more extreme because I will not date overweight women. And unlike most Latinas my idea of skinny is not being 30-50 pounds overweight. It’s truly bizarre that a Latin woman who is that overweight will argue with you about it. Even showing you a picture of a woman who can barely walk (morbidly obese) and saying that is what’s considered fat.

Another big red flag is that almost none tell me their goal is to be a wife and mother. In fact most Latinas say that this is NOT one of their goals. It’s just kind of something they will let happen to them passively and deal with in a half-assed and neglectful way. Uh, no thanks!

Many do end up married. But they’re clueless about how to act and behave. Or they just don’t care. They do whatever they want. Then complain about it. Cry every night types.

If you try to date here you should expect that most can’t show up for a date. Utter stupidity or disregard for you. There will be few cancellations, apologies, and attempts to reschedule. Just flakes. Even with women who are clearly 2 points below your value in every way.

In their defense Latinas can be pleasant to be around if you pay for everything and keep life simple. Plan on having 8 or so additional roles. Not just boyfriend/husband. You are also the father, therapist, atm, chauffeur, punching bag, doormat, tour guide, body guard, etc.

I’ve dated some Latina girls around 30 were ok for a long term relationship. I just wasn’t attracted to these older women that much.

Latina women over 25+ are always overweight and/or damaged psychologically from so many failed relationships. Unlike men they generally don’t stop to consider their own behavior and try to improve. Same 4-8 yo behavior comes out daily or almost daily.

The older women are also so busy with work you’ll barely get much time with them. Younger women have been more free this year with schools closed. But younger oneare with family almost 24/7.

Most Latinas live at home until married which means they don’t really grow up. They’re quite immature.

I’ve dated adult women who couldn’t light the burners on a stove. I shit you not. How did they survive that long? Who raised this princess?

I’ve tried cohabitating and it’s always been an unbalanced dynamic. I can’t imagine raising kids with most of them. They’re very selfish and lazy.

If you try that expect the attitude and behavior of a 4-8 year old daughter not a girlfriend. It won’t be ALL the time. They have a good side and bad side.

Other issues I noticed:
-Literally addicted to their phones. Often not bathing because they are so addicted.
-No hobbies. They say going to the beach but most can’t swim.
-Educations that are worthless. The schools here are a joke compared to global north.
-Poisoned by media with fear and risk aversion. Even the ones that say they’re not. It’s all talk and no action.
-Cheating for women is common. Cheating for men is almost a certainty.
-Many women are freelance Prostitutes on the side. Or selling dirty panties type crap.

Overall, the stereotypical Latina attitude has little respect for men. The prevailing idea for most 20s age Latinas I meet is that the man is an ATM machines to subsidize their fun lifestyle and be subjected to the whims of their mood.

if you want a Catholic girl then no question whatsoever you should be looking in the Philippines.

The attitude is way better and the women want to be wives and mothers.

They’re appreciative and affectionate. I’d rather have a poor Pinay girl than a rich Latina. Even if the rich one was from a good home and the poor one a broken home.

Remember you’re also marrying into the woman’s family and society.

Latam has too many problems at the societal level like crime and corruption. It messes up the entire system, families, individuals. They’re ok for having a date once or twice a week but that’s it.

Sad to say this but most Latinas I’ve dated made me lose respect for them before we ever met. By the time we were in a relationship I actively resented them. Not all, but like 90%.

Imagine loving a woman but also hating her? Meanwhile she thinks her behavior is normal and reasonable—you’re lucky to have her!

That’s been my experience in Latam. The women here are trouble for relationships. I’m sure there are success stories. Most of those guys are high earners who have no trouble paying 100% of the high life.

They put up with 6-12 months of crap before they finally get her pair bonded and seriously invested. Then start asking for basic things like shopping on a budget. At which point the girl will cry, pack her bags, and pretend to book a ticket.

Why deal with this when the Philippines exists and you don’t even have to learn Spanish or ball out to get respect?
Spot on. I am also not a fan of latam and their people much. Having made similar observations as you.
Philippines can however be similar but it is certainly a step or two below in difficulty.
I would advise on indonesia, lovely people there.
Corruption is not such a big issue as it is a way of live. It is more the fact how they view you in your capacity as atm, which can also happen in thailand often..

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
I’d caution Catholics from looking for wives in Latin America. Yes you can find them here. Plenty of Catholic women. But damaged.

I would say all 7+ girls I’ve met here are damaged goods psychologically. Maybe 50/50 for the 6s. And that’s probably just because they were on their best behavior for me as I’m a 7.5 or so.

Even the virgins I’ve met are screwed up from terrible experiences. They’d need massive therapy and hand holding to recover. Even then you’d be dealing with too many other problems like propensity for obesity and marrying into a bad culture/society.

In all my time here in Mexico I’ve not met any girls that I found to be marriage material. There is a fundamental lack of respect, manners, appreciation, etc for men and the effort we put in.

My experience is probably more extreme because I will not date overweight women. And unlike most Latinas my idea of skinny is not being 30-50 pounds overweight. It’s truly bizarre that a Latin woman who is that overweight will argue with you about it. Even showing you a picture of a woman who can barely walk (morbidly obese) and saying that is what’s considered fat.

Another big red flag is that almost none tell me their goal is to be a wife and mother. In fact most Latinas say that this is NOT one of their goals. It’s just kind of something they will let happen to them passively and deal with in a half-assed and neglectful way. Uh, no thanks!

Many do end up married. But they’re clueless about how to act and behave. Or they just don’t care. They do whatever they want. Then complain about it. Cry every night types.

If you try to date here you should expect that most can’t show up for a date. Utter stupidity or disregard for you. There will be few cancellations, apologies, and attempts to reschedule. Just flakes. Even with women who are clearly 2 points below your value in every way.

In their defense Latinas can be pleasant to be around if you pay for everything and keep life simple. Plan on having 8 or so additional roles. Not just boyfriend/husband. You are also the father, therapist, atm, chauffeur, punching bag, doormat, tour guide, body guard, etc.

I’ve dated some Latina girls around 30 were ok for a long term relationship. I just wasn’t attracted to these older women that much.

Latina women over 25+ are always overweight and/or damaged psychologically from so many failed relationships. Unlike men they generally don’t stop to consider their own behavior and try to improve. Same 4-8 yo behavior comes out daily or almost daily.

The older women are also so busy with work you’ll barely get much time with them. Younger women have been more free this year with schools closed. But younger oneare with family almost 24/7.

Most Latinas live at home until married which means they don’t really grow up. They’re quite immature.

I’ve dated adult women who couldn’t light the burners on a stove. I shit you not. How did they survive that long? Who raised this princess?

I’ve tried cohabitating and it’s always been an unbalanced dynamic. I can’t imagine raising kids with most of them. They’re very selfish and lazy.

If you try that expect the attitude and behavior of a 4-8 year old daughter not a girlfriend. It won’t be ALL the time. They have a good side and bad side.

Other issues I noticed:
-Literally addicted to their phones. Often not bathing because they are so addicted.
-Educations that are worthless. The schools here are a joke compared to global north.
-Poisoned by media with fear and risk aversion. Even the ones that say they’re not. It’s all talk and no action.
-Many women are freelance Prostitutes on the side. Or selling dirty panties type crap.

Overall, the stereotypical Latina attitude has little respect for men. The prevailing idea for most 20s age Latinas I meet is that the man is an ATM machines to subsidize their fun lifestyle and be subjected to the whims of their mood.

if you want a Catholic girl then no question whatsoever you should be looking in the Philippines.

They’re appreciative and affectionate. I’d rather have a poor Pinay girl than a rich Latina. Even if the rich one was from a good home and the poor one a broken home.

Latam has too many problems at the societal level like crime and corruption. It messes up the entire system, families, individuals. They’re ok for having a date once or twice a week but that’s it.

Sad to say this but most Latinas I’ve dated made me lose respect for them before we ever met. By the time we were in a relationship I actively resented them. Not all, but like 90%.

Imagine loving a woman but also hating her? Meanwhile she thinks her behavior is normal and reasonable—you’re lucky to have her!

That’s been my experience in Latam. The women here are trouble for relationships. I’m sure there are success stories. Most of those guys are high earners who have no trouble paying 100% of the high life.

They put up with 6-12 months of crap before they finally get her pair bonded and seriously invested. Then start asking for basic things like shopping on a budget. At which point the girl will cry, pack her bags, and pretend to book a ticket.

Why deal with this when the Philippines exists and you don’t even have to learn Spanish or ball out to get respect?

Really great posts Tibuktube. If I am unable to find what I'm looking for here before I get too old, I'll be forced to look elsewhere. I like Thai culture a lot and have had had good experiences with Thai women too, but the fact that they aren't Christian scares me A ton of guys from my church are married to Filipina girls so it definitely seems like one of the best options in terms of finding a loyal wife.

I've had many good experiences with Turkish women as well, and all the ones I've met seemed like they would make very good wives. They aren't discussed very often, though, probably because they are muslim(albeit secular) which would make it very hard to work out long term. Even if you can inspire your wife or girlifrend to convert, her parents might not like you for it depending on how traditional they are. Also, I'm surprised you didn't have many good things to say about Mexico. They have a very low divorce rate. The only negative in my eyes is that so many are overweight from their high carb diet.
Oh yes, I very much agree on Filipinas! I am not Catholic but married a Protestant Filipina in the Philippines. The chase is over.

You don't need a woman for salvation .
Subvert your worldly desire for marriage, to serve god .
I disagree. Yes, marriage isn't necessary for salvation. But, God did make the woman to be a help-meet for the man, not is the sense that she is a literal servant, but one who completes the man. The man was created by God to be a teacher, a protector and provider. He teaches, protects and provides for women, ordinarily. Man finds the fullness of his masculinity in his relation to women.

I haven't had much experience with Turkey. I traveled there in college and didn't have much interest in the culture or people.

The divorce rate in Mexico is supposed to be around 18% but I don't believe that. They must not be factoring in all the illegitimate couples that were never actually married. If you include those I think it'd be just as high as the USA.

I meet a lot of single moms here. It's not a good sign. I noticed that problem in the Philippines too. It was disconcerting.

You have some of the same problems in the Philippines. But I think overall it's a much better place and culture to become an expat in. English is an official language for one.

Ouroboros

Woodpecker

Other issues I noticed:

Informative post. However, is your experience limited to Mexico, and to a specific area within Mexico? I would have thought that the women of Lima, Mexico City, Mazatlán, Rio, Porto Alegre, Asunción, Medellín, Cali and Buenos Aires (to draw a random sampling of the different cities one could potentially explore) would vary enough to make one hesitate before generalizing about the suitability of Latinas for marriage.

Obesity is real. You can find a good personality. But she'll be fat.

Same problem in USA. Obesity knocks out 70-80% of women. The other 20-30% are mostly skinny fat.

Maybe 3-4% diet AND exercise. I need both or I walk. 90% who do both are under 25 and too immature for me. OK for fun only.

Now qualify for college educated. Not from broken home. Doesn't flake repeatedly.

And you're looking at 1% or less of the North American population. Am I unreasonable? I don't think so.

Some guys will put up with anything for a pretty face or skinny body. I just have fun and move on. At most those girls are good for flings. The personality has to be there.

Some guys treat their body like a garbage can and don't mind dating a broken woman who is also a walking trash dumpster fire. I'll pass...

Also as I've said, these girls are committed to school and work. That's most of their 20s gone. By the time she's independent enough for me, she's not attractive anymore.

Roosh has talked about this. Women waste all their time in school and work. Then still hope to find a millionaire like me to take care of them. Ha. In reality, I'd have to jump into their frame which is backwards. I have a great travel lifestyle and not settling down for a manipulator who can barely take care of herself, let alone support me and a family as a partner and mom.

I've been to almost every state of Mexico. I've only corresponded with women from every Central American country. In Brazil my experience was limited to Sao Paolo and Rio states. I've not had as much correspondence there. When I tried matching women online in South America my matches were really poor quality--even with fake male model photos and a Spanish profile and name. Seems crap.

I have a few friends that got serious with Latam girls. They put up with most of the crap I described because they felt like it was worthwhile. They didn't meet the online though. They specifically qualified for educated upper class English speakers from a good home and with a low notch count. Basically long term sponsorettes or to be nice girls who were in relationships for minimum 5+ years with only a few guys. Never worked and just want to stay home and play house. These girls both came to Tier-I USA to find successful boyfriends, so everyone is kinda happy. Personally, I'd never have gotten past the pair bonding phase with the crap these guys endured. Some guys don't mind girls who throw temper tantrums and are on meds. For others like me its a deal breaker.

I guess these are generalizations of a few hundred or thousand women projected on a populace. That's about the best it gets. I'm sure you can come down here and find happiness. I just don't think it's worthwhile compared to Asia.

Last edited:

tomzestatlu

Kingfisher
This forum makes me feel, that there´s big delusion for guys from US, that everywhere in the world, it´s okay with girls, but it´s bad everywhere.
The world is so globalized, that all the girls around the world are watching the same movies, shows, listening to the same music, wearing the same clothes and getting indoctrinated by media financed by the (((same))).

The only difference is genes. While in UK, the most of the girls are probably ugly, there are many beautiful girls out there in the world. But don´t expect there´s bigger chance to find and unicorn. Just hope there will be girl with genes, that are good enough and she´s spoiled the least (but far from unicorn). So the looks is something I can see as a reason to move somewhere else. Unfortunately girls are getting fat everywhere. From my own observations, the best place to go for slim girls is Balkan area.

I can´t speak for SEA or LATAM, but I have dated girls from around Europe and especially Eastern Europe. But EE is not like you see it in movies.
The only solution is to date a girl from extremely conservative country, but they key is to stay at the extremely conservative country. It´s just about keeping them in environment, that punish them for their bad behaviour.
But extremely conservative country in 2021 is very rare. I would speak rather about areas. In my opinion it could be muslim part of Russia (Tatarstan or Dagestan) and probably some other muslim countries generally.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
This forum makes me feel, that there´s big delusion for guys from US, that everywhere in the world, it´s okay with girls, but it´s bad everywhere.
The world is so globalized, that all the girls around the world are watching the same movies, shows, listening to the same music, wearing the same clothes and getting indoctrinated by media financed by the (((same))).

The only difference is genes. While in UK, the most of the girls are probably ugly, there are many beautiful girls out there in the world. But don´t expect there´s bigger chance to find and unicorn. Just hope there will be girl with genes, that are good enough and she´s spoiled the least (but far from unicorn). So the looks is something I can see as a reason to move somewhere else. Unfortunately girls are getting fat everywhere. From my own observations, the best place to go for slim girls is Balkan area.

I can´t speak for SEA or LATAM, but I have dated girls from around Europe and especially Eastern Europe. But EE is not like you see it in movies.
The only solution is to date a girl from extremely conservative country, but they key is to stay at the extremely conservative country. It´s just about keeping them in environment, that punish them for their bad behaviour.
But extremely conservative country in 2021 is very rare. I would speak rather about areas. In my opinion it could be muslim part of Russia (Tatarstan or Dagestan) and probably some other muslim countries generally.
Yes, I agree, the world is a more dangerous place for bad influences but what I tell myself is that I can't do anything about the world, but I can influence my wife the best I can. She is from the Philippines, been married five years and nine months and we are in Nebraska, USA. That is a pretty conservating part of the country but all it takes is the wrong kind of "friends".

So I try to lead her the best I can, expose potential danger and wrong intentions, model and reinforce what is best from the Bible, pray with her an for her, earn her trust and respect that I truly want what is best for her in body, mind and soul. I can't expect perfection from her but I need to be her safe place in this world.

Yes I agree that one of the main problems is that there is no consequence for bad behavior. Women can basically get away with almost anything they want now from financial abuse to physical abuse. There is a line of men waiting to give them attention, money, and tolerate their nonsense.

Going abroad does make a difference. Though it's becoming marginal now. Most women I met in Philippines were not virgins and were having unprotected sex with multiple foreigners. Sometimes not being sure who got them pregnant. The phenotype also isn't that attractive overall, sadly (though that's obviously why they're attracted to tall white boys).

Philippines isn't perfect. But it's better than Mexico in my opinion. You just can't go there right now. Mexico is the only option currently.

And yes globalization is ruining everywhere now. I'd never say a place like the philippines or Asia in general doesn't have ANY problems. Just that it's still much much better than the West. For how long? Probably not long. It's already declined so much in the past few decades it's a shell of it's former self.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Pelican
Obesity is real. You can find a good personality. But she'll be fat.

Same problem in USA. Obesity knocks out 70-80% of women. The other 20-30% are mostly skinny fat.

Maybe 3-4% diet AND exercise. I need both or I walk. 90% who do both are under 25 and too immature for me. OK for fun only.

Now qualify for college educated. Not from broken home. Doesn't flake repeatedly.

And you're looking at 1% or less of the North American population. Am I unreasonable? I don't think so.

Timbuktube is like my doppelganger over here. I've talked about the exceedingly small percentage of women out there for successful men who actually retain health and youth to a solid degree, considering age. And I don't even care about college educated. I couldn't find my post but I'm pretty sure I said that maybe 10% of all women are 7+? Perhaps it is 6% and that's because they almost certainly have to be at the magic age of <26 as we both state. Oh yeah, I believe recall that it was 24% of women are 18-24 and I figure a quarter of those might fit the 7+ category, which would be 6% of all women.

Also as I've said, these girls are committed to school and work. That's most of their 20s gone. By the time she's independent enough for me, she's not attractive anymore.

Roosh has talked about this. Women waste all their time in school and work. Then still hope to find a millionaire like me to take care of them. Ha. In reality, I'd have to jump into their frame which is backwards. I have a great travel lifestyle and not settling down for a manipulator who can barely take care of herself, let alone support me and a family as a partner and mom.

Yes, this is the reason, as we've stated. What's worse is that you get the professional ones that also create that nice reverse dowry by being in debt so much and then ... working part time because no one told them that close to age 30 they wouldn't want to work and might want to have a family. :rolleyes:

In other posts Timbuk has said that it's a societal problem. Why yes, it is. And you don't get spiritual crises out of nowhere, you get them in excessively materialist societies. Why? Everyone forgot about God. And it's not that it's everyone, but it's that there are so few rightly directed influences that would produce proper wives and mothers (out of the window of peak beauty/fertility, timing, geography, distance, families, religion, etc) that it's a literal crap shoot.

There's one last thing - male value got inflated a bit and that hurt women even more as they now had more wealth (for the first time pretty much ever) and had to sift through that many more men to find what was best for them. That, or the paradox of choice outright destroyed the search and its fruits entirely. As I've said, the sex ratio is the biggest issue. With many fewer men all of a sudden even bad societies correct and correct pretty darn quickly, since fewer men means even less tax revenue off of their backs to support other parasites, and women finally are selection-pressured. We're on the other side of that runaway nightmare, not the dream side.

Last edited:

Salinger

Kingfisher

Why do you think this is? I was under the impression that the go-girl culture of the West had not yet tainted those women south of the border.

Salinger

Kingfisher
I haven't had much experience with Turkey. I traveled there in college and didn't have much interest in the culture or people.

The divorce rate in Mexico is supposed to be around 18% but I don't believe that. They must not be factoring in all the illegitimate couples that were never actually married. If you include those I think it'd be just as high as the USA.

I meet a lot of single moms here. It's not a good sign. I noticed that problem in the Philippines too. It was disconcerting.

You have some of the same problems in the Philippines. But I think overall it's a much better place and culture to become an expat in. English is an official language for one.

Did you ever see Midnight Express? Good film based on a true story about a guy who tried to smuggle hashish out of Turkey, gets caught, and is thrown into a Turkish prison.

Those of you who haven't seen it, it's on YouTube for free. Totally worth checking out.

stugatz

Pelican
Did you ever see Midnight Express? Good film based on a true story about a guy who tried to smuggle hashish out of Turkey, gets caught, and is thrown into a Turkish prison.

Those of you who haven't seen it, it's on YouTube for free. Totally worth checking out.
Actually, it was my only knowledge of Turkey before we covered it in college world history. Don’t get locked up abroad, guys.

SoCal9705

Chicken
I'm 21 and have no idea what on earth I'm supposed to do
That describes pretty much every 21 year old. In fact it describes many 31, 41, and 51 year olds too. If i could give advice to my 21 y/o self it may be "do anything but do something", i.e. choose a likely path and find your success and happiness there. I did finally do that, but i didn't choose the path until i was 27.

bmw633

Woodpecker
I suppose I'll share my situation.

I am 41 and married with an elementary age child.

However, I have been separated from my wife since November 2016. For the first two years we were still a couple the majority of the time, just living apart. We went to marriage counseling, went on dates, spent a lot of time together. We ended up moving back in together in late 2018.

Roughly a month after our reconciliation, I decided to look at her phone one night I couldn't sleep. I found out some very explicit details of infidelity that had occurred during our separation.

Long story short, while we are still legally married, we have barely spoken for the last two years except for the minimum required when I pick up my child, drop them off, etc.

I pray daily for resolution. I have decided not to file for divorce. If she chooses to do so, I will not object.

So for now I am married, but with an estranged wife. I unfortunately still long for a woman's company, yet believe it would be wrong to date given the circumstances.

I know I sound like a cuck, but given the fact we are married with a child I can not imagine a better outcome than my wife and I coming together again. However, at this point that would truly take a miracle, as in an act of God himself.

So, that's where I am here in 2021. It has not been fun, but the truth is this experience has brought me closer to God. I have always considered myself a Christian, but I now pray and read the Bible like never before. I also see the error of my ways, and how had I prayed to God for guidance at certain moments things may have turned out differently.
What about the error of HER ways? Adultery is a Biblical grounds for divorce. Used to be adutresses were stoned to death, too.

Staying legally married to the woman prevents you from moving forward in your life.

bmw633

Woodpecker
Yes I agree that one of the main problems is that there is no consequence for bad behavior. Women can basically get away with almost anything they want now from financial abuse to physical abuse. There is a line of men waiting to give them attention, money, and tolerate their nonsense.

Going abroad does make a difference. Though it's becoming marginal now. Most women I met in Philippines were not virgins and were having unprotected sex with multiple foreigners. Sometimes not being sure who got them pregnant. The phenotype also isn't that attractive overall, sadly (though that's obviously why they're attracted to tall white boys).

Philippines isn't perfect. But it's better than Mexico in my opinion. You just can't go there right now. Mexico is the only option currently.

And yes globalization is ruining everywhere now. I'd never say a place like the philippines or Asia in general doesn't have ANY problems. Just that it's still much much better than the West. For how long? Probably not long. It's already declined so much in the past few decades it's a shell of it's former self.
Many Filipinas in college ARE virgins. Depends on where you go looking. Go to a bar, there will be bargirls with high notch counts. Go to a church, your odds improve immensely.

Salocin

Robin
What about the error of HER ways? Adultery is a Biblical grounds for divorce. Used to be adutresses were stoned to death, too.

Staying legally married to the woman prevents you from moving forward in your life.
I concur. I have discussed this with a pastor from a church I attended, and he agreed divorce is justified. I suppose it is me clinging to what was, hoping for a miracle, as I still believe things could be made right.

Probably foolish. And I'm not even trying anymore, so everything isn't going to magically work itself out. I probably should be proactive one way or another.

bmw633

Woodpecker
Haha, as soon as I read "awaiting her US Embassy Visa Interview" I groaned a little. I work in banking and used to date a family lawyer... I see all the bad that happens with foreign women once you bring them back to the west. The women out west don't suck because of a natural diffienciy, it's an environmental problem and when you bring a foreigner back to the west, you're exposing her to the same problem. I've known Muslims that came here thinking the economic aspect would be great only to complain about how the culture here changed their wives into something much less desirable.

I wish bmw man all the best but I don't think he should be discussing his success story until it's a proven success and bmw man hasn't even passed the hardest huddle yet.
Been together almost 2 years, married over a year, but I shouldn't be discussing something that I have found to be a good thing? Thought this forum was about the free exchange of ideas, in terms of men and Christian living......

But, for men who are looking, what I have experienced beats a Western woman hands down. I have a devout Christian wife who is devoted to me and have a traditional marriage.

third_eldest

Sparrow
That describes pretty much every 21 year old. In fact it describes many 31, 41, and 51 year olds too. If i could give advice to my 21 y/o self it may be "do anything but do something", i.e. choose a likely path and find your success and happiness there. I did finally do that, but i didn't choose the path until i was 27.
From the time I made my original post to today, I actually did figure out what to do. I stopped being a loser and started going places, and now I've been on several dates with a lovely Christian young woman. It was all in my head.