Have you ever been punched in the face?

Bolly

Pelican
I got decked pretty hard in the face when i was i think 17. Busted my nose. My girlfriends ex at the time ambushed me. We had a pretty good rumble. I got the cocksucker back with my skateboard though. We were both hurting. But my nose ain't ever been right since. When i went to the ER, the dr offered to rebreak my nose and set it back in place. Sounded like that would have hurt worse than the punch. I said hell no I'll keep the battle scar. Til this day I've been secretly hoping to get punched in the nose again, but from the other side so it straightens back out.

One day when I was 12, I walked over to my friend's house and he was wearing a pink shirt. I made some comment that seemed like a witty insult at the time, like "What are you, a giiiirl?" With no hesitation he turned and punched me squarely in the face, knocking me over. Then he helped me up and acted like nothing happened. A good dude.

I almost got hit again when I was 15, but got ridiculously lucky. This dirtbag of an college guy, much bigger and stronger than me, shoved me for no reason. As I was recovering, he swung at me and I dove onto one knee, grabbed his legs, lifted, and slammed him to the concrete. It was the only thing I had learned during my two days of highschool wrestling, and I stood dumbly over him, in shock that it had worked. Several of my friends were watching, and so I lived off that high for weeks.

I wish fistfighting would make a comeback. Less than two hundred years ago, it was socially acceptable for unmarried men to fight in public. Like everything else fun, it's a dying tradition.

Tex Cruise

Pelican
I went out to a different town last night some years ago to go out. After the club I got into a massive fight against 30+ local white knights. Why? Because one cheeky bitch started shoving me in the club.

Obviously I'm gonna shove back. This inspired hatred from WKs on the dancefloor who were trying to group up on me. The bouncers saw the beta behaviour of the WK and told them to calm the fuck down.

As the club is closing I hear 5 different people saying there's gonna be trouble waiting for me outside. They were right. 30 or so WK came up talking shit, but were too scared to hit me in the face, instead they went for bitch shots to the back of my head.

Despite their numbers, their pussyness means I was barely hurt. 2 black eyes and a cut nose, no big deal. I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home". They all left like little girls.

Unlike the WKs, I had no trouble from the bouncers. One guy even agreed that this all started over some dumb bitch pushing me.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
I went out to a different town last night some years ago to go out. After the club I got into a massive fight against 30+ local white knights. Why? Because one cheeky bitch started shoving me in the club.

Obviously I'm gonna shove back. This inspired hatred from WKs on the dancefloor who were trying to group up on me. The bouncers saw the beta behaviour of the WK and told them to calm the fuck down.

As the club is closing I hear 5 different people saying there's gonna be trouble waiting for me outside. They were right. 30 or so WK came up talking shit, but were too scared to hit me in the face, instead they went for bitch shots to the back of my head.

Despite their numbers, their pussyness means I was barely hurt. 2 black eyes and a cut nose, no big deal. I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home". They all left like little girls.

Unlike the WKs, I had no trouble from the bouncers. One guy even agreed that this all started over some dumb bitch pushing me.
I used to carry a bicycle chain in my pocket to deal with these situations.

Once I was walking down the street at night at christmas, and some guy was walking towards me carrying a box of beers. As he got closer he kept moving into my path, then he said "Ho ho ho!" and a fist came out of nowhere into my face. I just kept walking like nothing happened. It was numb at first, but then it got really painful. But I couldn't help seeing the funny side. Ho ho ho. And where did that fist come from if he's carrying a box with both hands? It all happened so fast.

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Yes, first time was in 4th grade, in 6th grade me and a couple guys would beat each other up, around 16 me and my friends would randomly assault each other in public to harden ourselves. I have multiple scars on my face... Actually I have scars all over my body.

I'm over 30 so I avoid fighting/getting punched in the face entirely if possible at this point, it's foolish and potentially deadly.

The times I got punched in the face were fortunately from people much smaller than me. The first time I remember was from a Chinese kid while visiting my dad's apartment on the weekends. Those were some rough kids.

I mostly ignored fighting until I had a breaking point in my mid-20s. After that I gave no fucks outside of being sued and arrested. Granted, smaller guys are coordinated and agile, but not strong. Therefore I took plenty of punches that had little more response from me than a blink. I'm sure it helped their confidence.

Due to my former pacifist nature and being a generally defensive fighter, I've largely averted anything beyond a scuffle. It's worth it to knock the smirk off a guy's face.

To hearken back to an earlier comment, I agree that it's a shame fights are condemned and broken up these days. There's a Facebook confessions page where people write ridiculous sex stories but the admins refused to post my fighting stories. I used to worry about shame in losing, but it's honestly exhilarating to fight. You learn a little bit each time you do it. I wish I had fought bullies back. It would have been worth the trouble to be seen as badass.

Rob Banks

Pelican
I took boxing lessons at 13 and again at 17. It was the best thing I ever did in terms of learning self-defense. Similar to riding a bike, it becomes muscle memory and you never forget.

I am not a big guy, and the way I speak and present myself is not exactly intimidating or stereotypically “tough.” When I have been in fights, the other guy is sometimes taken off guard and genuinely stunned because he did not expect me to know how to fight.

kel

Ostrich
I got in a few scuffles on the bus or at school, one random one as an adult when some tweeker spit on me at the park. It's not something to glorify, but I agree that a shocking number of modern men (Gen X and after, say) have never been in a fistfight and it really shows. It's a developmental milestone they missed, learning both ends of that equation, the power you have and need to have discipline over. Your typical antifa crybaby never got that, they're lashing out from having a likewise feminized father and being surrounded by largely masculinized women.

TheFinalEpic

Pelican
Gold Member
A couple times.
Hockey fight, pretty much the only place you can get hit.

Suckered in the face outside some bar around downtown in my city. Guy hit me above the lip but below the nose, it was probably the best place to get hit as it hurt like a bitch but didn't do much damage at all to my mug.

kel

Ostrich
For real, though, everyone should be sparring with other members of their mannerbund. Iron sharpens iron. You don't have to be an MMA champion, you need a breadth of skills beyond just fighting, but a little technique and just the exposure to that kind of situation goes a long way.

balybary

Pelican
A little bugger who has head-butted me in a street at night has taught me this important life lesson: “it’s better to be tall with a strong chin than to be short with a weak chin”.

He was trying to break my nose but got me in the jaw, since he was shorter than me. The impact was strong but I was not wounded.

tomzestatlu

Kingfisher
I have been through many fights and I don't have a clue when was the first punch I got. Surprisingly I have never felt really beaten. I have been knocked during MMA fight by kicking to jaw and even though I walked away on my feet, I got to my conscious mind longer time after this. Or interesting experience were arranged football hooligans fights. Somebody just punches you from unprotected direction and then you are lying on the ground and 3 guys try to finish you (until someone says stop). When we were young, we also tried to be tough guys, so there were plenty of street fights. But as I said, I never felt truly beaten and never got other than cosmetic injury.

Yet a year ago I was knocked out by club security by choking (they sensed possible problems, so this was fair way to finish it without anybody getting really hurt) . But now I finally got to my mind and I stay away from fighting as much as possible. There are better ways to prove myself and I'm lucky I wasn't seriously injured or ended up at court (even though I always stood away from unjustified violence). I was just insecure kid. But it led me to teaching how to fight, which si pretty good.

The first time I got punched in the face was in 1994 at a local community centre dance, I was 12 and I took this girl named Julia off a guy named Sam. I was feeling pretty cocky and noticed Sam eye balling me as I danced with Julia, so once the song was done, I went over to him with my hands in the air like an idiot and gave him the old screw face with my hands up then he smashed me in the face. My nose blew up and there was blood everywhere, some adults intervened to break up the fight but the deal was done, I got my ass handed to me and a couple of weeks later, Julia dumped me.

So do any of you have stories about getting beat up when you were a kid? I think getting your face smashed in at a young age builds character and is an important stepping stone in life.

Never trust anyone who hasn’t been punched in the face!

When I was twelve I was jumped in a park by two kids I had never met. One was my age and the other was a few years older and big. I was badly and sadistically beaten into the ground and their motivation seemed to be that they did it just for kicks. I limped home and as I soaked in the tub, covered in bruises, my single mother called for our church home teachers (men from our local Mormon congregation) to come and visit me. These two men, probably in their early thirties, talked to me about the importance of not being angry, or seeking revenge! Lol

Later, I spoke with a man who was like a big brother to me, and also from the church. He had served in the military, was kind of rough around the edges, and sort of looked like a modern version of Conan the Barbarian. He had a deeply pained look pass over his face, as I told him about the attack and what the two men from the church said to me about dealing with it. My "big brother" gave me some basic tips on how to kick, punch, head butt and grapple, along with explaining the best places on the body to target. He got some strike pads and he had me practice with him. These were basic but easy to remember techniques, similar to what Krav Maga teaches. I'm so glad he was there for me, and provided a masculine alternative. I did not get turned into the Karate Kid, but it helped with my confidence.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
I got punched in the face about 6 p.m. and now it's a little after midnight. At 8:30 I gotta take my grandma to the doctor then to the stores after that. I'm gonna look like a clown and she's gonna bitch me out because she'll think I'm drinking again.

Aloha!