Have you ever been punched in the face?

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
Many times - had my nose broken twice. Several decades of martial arts do leave their mark ;-)

Honestly if you've never taken a punch to the face you can't really call yourself a man.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
Not yet, but I'm sure I'll get punched by Antifa or a BLM supporter sometime within the next few years.

I definitely got in fights when I was a kid, but can't recall any from high school (when I was homeschooled) or after that.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I did karate, jujitsu and boxing but only as classes and never was in a proper rough and tumble fight. I’ve certainly been hit in the context of a martial arts class but never terrible and never anything too bad. A couple times I remember getting hit without a mouth guard and biting my tongue and it hurt like hell

Seeking advice: what do I do about a sprained, slightly swollen pinky that is still sore to the touch after a couple months of injuring it, outside of going to the hospital? I had a foolish altercation in late October, and long story short, I grazed a dude's head with the edge of my fist, harming my right pinky. To this day it hurts to bend it, and it looks different than my unaffected pinky. I'm afraid it may be dislocated below the tip.

I suppose it's inevitable I'll have to seek treatment and possibly resetting the digit. Any advice? I know to fold my fingers now instead of tucking them.

Lights

Woodpecker
Yeah been punched and kicked /smacked in the face many times in fights/ slapboxing. Later on in life got hit/smacked more by girls, one girls caught me in the eye when i wasnt paying attention with her knuckle and left a scar lol. she was a psycho who was in/out of jail etc. fun times

bucky

Ostrich
Many times - had my nose broken twice. Several decades of martial arts do leave their mark ;-)

Honestly if you've never taken a punch to the face you can't really call yourself a man.
Ha, guess I'm grateful to that one drunken Russian I inadvertently pissed off many years ago in Ukraine for making me a man. Wait. That doesn't sound right.

Seriously though, strong guy and I literally saw stars and my knees buckled when he cracked me one to the temple. Other than that I'd only ever been punched back in high school and earlier, but I feel like it doesn't count when you're a teenager. All in all, I did OK in that fight, but if he'd been an actual tough guy and actually wanted to kill me, I'd have been in trouble. I'd be OK with no more fights for the rest of my life, to be honest.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Ha, guess I'm grateful to that one drunken Russian I inadvertently pissed off many years ago in Ukraine for making me a man. Wait. That doesn't sound right.

Seriously though, strong guy and I literally saw stars and my knees buckled when he cracked me one to the temple. Other than that I'd only ever been punched back in high school and earlier, but I feel like it doesn't count when you're a teenager. All in all, I did OK in that fight, but if he'd been an actual tough guy and actually wanted to kill me, I'd have been in trouble. I'd be OK with no more fights for the rest of my life, to be honest.

I took a cheap shot to the back of the head once. I was in a bar dancing with a girl and probably just one song away from pulling her back to mine when I was suddenly seeing fireworks and a pin of light at the end of a dark tunnel. I knew I had been hit and was just focused on not going full KO as I didn't know if I was going to get stomped or not. I pulled myself out of that dark tunnel like a gasp of air to a drowning victim. The dude that hit me was gone but my two bouncer buddies had him and said I could give him a freebee if I wanted. I declined and so they just dropped him face first into a piss puddle in the alley beside the bar.

I've had 10 pro kickboxing fights plus all of the training and sparring that goes along with it. Fighting competitively definitely has some positive masculine qualities you can attain from that kind of dedication ie: discipline, respect, humility (in defeat), self confidence, strength.
But overall the boxing/mma scene is very degenerate and at the core is very vain ie : glory, pridefulness, self-centeredness(no teammates) machismo, gambling. Plus UFC is total globo-homo now with female MMA and sodomite lesbian champions.

I vividly remember the first time getting punched. It was in the bus line after school I was probably 11 years old picking on a 13 year old kid who was much taller than me. I remember him just looking down, and then me looking up receiving of a knuckle-sandwich on the forehead.
Totally deserved it.
Getting punched by an adversary at an age like that is definitely a good learning experience and after reflecting on this thread I'm glad the kid did it.

Lace em up

Woodpecker
Well, I guess I have an extraordinarily punchable face.

Sucker punched twice. Hard. Those were the worst.

Mugged only once but I managed to turn the tide.

Jumped by multiple assailants more times then I can remember, at least 4-5 times.

Rolling solo in and around NYC. Learn to duck.

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
First time I got punched in the face was after driving a very drunk, very out of it friend home and getting into an argument with him on the way. I had to straighten him out after he did that. Bad night.

First time someone put their hands on me was in middle school. Walking to the back of the bus and this big Vietnamese kid keeps pushing me from behind. After about 3 nudges I saw red. Turned around and choked him out, threw him into a seat with other kids. The weird thing is he and I were the only ones who noticed in a crowded bus. Nobody said nothing to me and he didn't try to retaliate.

joost

Kingfisher
I was always short and skinny. Bullied in school but nothing serious.

As an adult (18yo), I remember a concert I was in and a fight breakout. Some 6'1 Black dude punched my face. Like you imagine it was a sucker-punch (I couldn't see him from my peripheral vision). He didn't knock me out but I almost fell. My friends tried to chase him but he disappeared in the crowd (at least that's what they told me at the time!).

I had some tense moments since then but no physical escalation. Now I'm not skinny and way more confident. I think bullies prefer to attack who they know is a certain target. Don't look like one.

If you're physically "limited", you can always carry a gun to equalize the odds. But don't use it to threaten people you wouldn't if you didn't have a gun.

bucky

Ostrich
There should be no threats period with a gun. It should only come out if your declaration of intent to use it is a promise and not a threat.
My understanding is that if you draw you pretty much have to shoot to kill to have any realistic chance of avoiding prison. Felony menacing and all that.

joost

Kingfisher
There should be no threats period with a gun. It should only come out if your declaration of intent to use it is a promise and not a threat.

That's what I meant. It's not because you have one that you should use it to threaten people right and left. A friend of mine got into a traffic confrontation and he simply showed the gun saying "I'm sorry, I want no trouble" and the other guy backed off. The other guy left his car to start a fight.

Something I forgot to mention in my anecdote is that I got my driver's license a few days later and my eye (surrounding area) was purple.